rakuten.com
Miscellaneous
187 reviews

2015-12-18

"DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THIS PLACE, NOT ONLY WILL THEY TAKE FOREVER TO PROCESS YOUR ORDER, BUT ONCE YOU CANCEL THEY ACT AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO SHIP YOUR ORDER NOW. THEY ARE VERY DIRTY AND POORLY RAN, SHOP AMAZON DO NOT FUCK WITH GOOGLE, GOOGLE WILL DO NOTHING TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR SHOPPING SAFE NEVER EVER BUY FROM HERE"

2015-12-18

"Wrote to Customer service 8 times, no answer. Rakuten cancelled one item on my order for no reason, it is still listed for sale. The vendor never received the order so they can't help. I bought with points so the credit card can't help. I tried to purchase with Masterpass but that didn't work. I don't think they care at all.....I will never buy from them again."

2015-12-03

"They advertise products that they don't have to sell."

2015-11-30

"Called customer services as the points had not been credited onto my account however was told points can sometimes take 2/3 weeks to be credited after few weeks called again was told that the points had expired 3 days ago I explained that the points did not become visible to me as I checked on a regular basis customer services basically said tough they could not do anything as they did not have the facility to credit points back into a customers account after they had expired. will not use again was made to feel like I was lying by customer services."

2015-10-26

"Do not order from these guys. I ordered 2 floor standing speakers and got purses instead. They don't return my calls dont have the right merchant contact info.. and ship out wrong products.

I wouldve given 0 (or negative) stars if possible..

2015-10-16

"This is against which is Rakuten company
For me,the company is fraud and cheater.
Recently they put an offer on hotukdeals for online movie+chromescast for 20 pounds
I have paid but not received my item yet and lost the hope of getting even the refund because they are saying that I need to return the item which I have never received.They have no tracking number as it was send by 2nd class delivery which I don't believe
I have placed the order on 22nd september and the delivery date has been skipped 3 times so far.
Please guide me on how to get my money back
They have even saved my card details without asking me which I have deleted by myself manually.Not sure if there is any regulatory company which can stop this.

2015-09-18

"I purchase a $1700 HP Zbook 15.6", 8GB memory, 1TB HD from buy.com aka rakuten.com aka datavision.com via Best Buy Marketplace.

The HP zbook is defective. It freezes every time we tried to download a software or surf the web. We brought it to the Geek Squad who told us to return the item. Why purchase an expensive "defective" computer. We agreed.

So, I have been trying to obtain a authorization number from rakuten.com to return the item. I am on DAY 5. I have been calling rakuten.com 2-3 times a day. This is what I get: "I apologize for the inconvenience." " Your issue is with the "specialist" who is investigating." "Please give us 1-2 business days to investigate." "My supervisor is talking to the specialist to resolve your issue." "Your computer is over $1600. It needs an approval from the specialist to return. "

What are they investigation? No one could tell me. What is their definition of 1-2 business days? Are they on the same calendar system as us?

I have spoken to 4 male supervisors. None were helpful. I went to Customer Service at Best Buy in Danvers. They listened in to the conversation with the agents at rakuten.com. The customer service manager tried to talk to them but they refused to engage in a conversation with her. In fact, the rakuten.com supervisor hung up on the customer service manager.

Well, it has been 5 business days. No resolution. I am still on hold after 45 minutes +. Waiting. Getting very frustrated and angry.

2015-09-15

"2 Months now to try and get my goods or a refund from one of their merchants The Cable Place. I have been passing messages back and forth with The Cable Place through the Rautken messaging service and although The Cable Place has so far responded to my messages to say that they have sent goods or sent refund I have received neither. Contacting Rautken got me no response at all. Will not be using Rautken (Play.com) again and will not be using any of their marketplace merchants either. My advice - avoid."

2015-09-10

"I wanted to buy an SD card from rakuten.co.uk (previously play.com)
The price was fine at 5.50 GBP. I knew when it was play.com the shipping was free on everything and I have bought the same card a year ago.
I went to checkout and they were asking me to pay additional 10GBP for shipping.
That's a total of $24 for an 8GB SD card.

Go away rakuten.

2015-09-03

"On the 3rd August I ordered Two HP 364XL Black Inkjet Cartridges now the 4th September 2015 and still not received vey disappointed with this company The money paid was to Rakuten not Pitek the seller despite many telephone calls and emails still no response I have now requested a credit but still no response "

2015-08-31

"Rakuten does nothing to assist with customer service issues with their marketplace items. Ordered an item, the seller has done nothing with the order and is completely unresponsive to inquiries. Rakuten simply says to deal with the seller yourself. Rakuten will not cancel the order and I have no idea if the seller will eventually ship the item. Thanks for the hands off approach to customer service. I didn't realize that Rakuten provides the same level of service for purchases as Craigslist."

2015-07-02

"On 7/1/14, 11/16/14 and 1/13/15 I pre-ordered about a dozen books that wouldn't come out until late June and paid by Paypal. Then a few weeks later I found a site with a better deal and canceled the Rakuten orders. They sent me notes that they cancelled and refunded me. On the site, I checked my profile and orders and sure enough, everything said cancelled. So a few days ago I get an email from them stating they're sending me the books! They obviously never refunded me and never cancelled! I wrote them back and was very angry and they said I couldn't just send it back to the PO. I'd have to write up a bunch of addresses and #s and call UPS. I told them to forget it. I don't want to go through a nightmare like that. I'll keep the damned books and sell them to a used book store or something. I am thoroughly ticked off! I will never buy from them again! Obviously their computers are nuts! :("

2015-06-09

"Hello I was a Rakuten seller I must say there support team is by far the worst they kicked me off as a seller because they failed to ever sent any of my clients invoices for there orders!!!!!!!!!! Also Buy.com and Rakuten are the same company and Rakuten will only feature Buy.com product!!!! This company is a huge scam there set up terrible don't waste your time go to eBay or Amazon they actually know what there doing over there.... PLEASE I AM URGING YOU DO NOT SELL ON RAKUTEN IT WILL BRING YOUR COMPANIES REPUTATION DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!"

2015-06-05

"NEVER BUY FROM RAKUTEN
They say that they send the item but i have not received.Now they say that UPS made attempts on delivering but still did not deliver and they charge me 25% restocking fee.
This is crazy, they charge you for something that you have never received.
This is a bunch of criminals try to rip you off.
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER AGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT BUY HERE !!!!!!!

2015-06-05

"Absolutely horrid site. Had problems with a marketplace seller, tried to contact the seller through the rakuten contact forms, and email bounced. Contacted the seller directly (Tom's Ware) and had trouble getting a reply, so tried contacting Rakuten through their help/contact form again, but it comes up with an error that traffic is too heavy and cannot complete request. Tried it the next day, and same thing. So now I have no way of contacting Rakuten of this problem."

Share Rakuten's store rating