Stores > Rakuten
  • Rakuten

Voice your opinion! Review Rakuten by clicking a star below.
2017-11-01

Cancelled Item

"I really wish I would've looked at these reviews before I ordered my merchandise. I ordered a X box live card this morning and thought there was no issues because when I put in my bank information, it went through. I received an email that my order was cancelled to due them not being able to verify my payment information. Well I checked my account and the money was taken out of my account. I'm not sure why there would be any issues with my payment. I will never order from this company again. At least they could've reached out to me but that didn't happen. I'm hoping they are going to do the right thing and credit me back what is owed to me. SMH! "

2017-10-23

pretty sure it's a scam

"bought a pricey item for my girlfriend's bday and they charged me for it but then said the purchase was cancelled due to my card for some reason yet it worked well enough for them to charge me... Now they won't get back to me on my support ticket and it's been three days. I better get my money back. b"

2017-08-14

First Online Order OF HELL

"I wrote this to (RAKUTEN!!!) RATE my experience.

Im waiting for my $316.81 refund after 5 days of waiting!??

The worse online company experience I have ever had. Also the worse ratings on an online shopping website!!! I shouldn't have trusted your company! Something so simple as making a purchase turned into a week of misleading HELL. PLEASE do the world a favor & strongly consider closing down your business it would make online shopping a pleasant experience! No one should have to bare the torture of ordering a simple purchase! PLEASE CONSIDER CLOSING! Thank you♡♡♡

2017-06-19

Wrong chair was sent to me

"I ordered a chair from them last year and it came in and is really nice. I ordered the same chair this year to replace another chair I had that was old and was sent something way cheaper and not at all comfortable. Their return policy is bad and I would have to pay for return shipping so I am stuck with this and will never order from them again. Also they wont post my review on their website as I have written it twice now and they keep saying they will review it before posting. Stay away from this website. "

2017-05-26

Horrible Organization

"I signed up with Rakuten Marketing in a business relationship. I knew Rakuten had a bad reputation and I had seen them acquire Buy.com years ago and completely destroy it. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to try to do business with them. Huge mistake! They quickly confirmed my worst fears, decimating our relationship in just a matter of hours! What genuinely surprised me was that they did this capriciously, with no warning at all. I'm just grateful that I didn't invest more in the arrangement than I did. If I had let them string me along for months before this happened, it could have been truly devastating. I've tried to contact Rakuten, but they don't even have the basic decency to respond. This is one of the most psychopathic organizations I've ever encountered. Don't think you have no choice but to try to do business with them. You do. Anyone who chooses to trust Rakuten with even a simple transaction has been warned."

2016-12-31

Fast and accurate service

"I read reviews about this store and was reluctant to order, but then I figured it was only two wool scarves for $40, so it wasn't that much to loose. I ordered these scarves two days ago and they have already arrived! It was exactly what I ordered and the quality was as expected for the price. I am very pleased and would order from them again."

2016-09-21

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY...NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEIR PRICE

"Once you have a return (in my case, damaged goods), you're on your own. Rakuten simply opens a "ticket" tells you "Here is the seller's number, go call them and figure it out, SUCKER! LOL LOL LOL (cue evil villain laughter here)" Once they get that money from your credit card, they are outta here faster than you can say "WTF just happened?"

I sure wish I read the HUNDREDS of terrible reviews left by other shoppers, or perhaps the 171 NEGATIVE REVIEWS LEFT ON MY LOCAL BBB WEBSITE. It's so bad, I almost have to laugh.

2016-09-19

Credit Card account stolen and wrong product send

"This company is terrible, my account was hacked after using it with them, and in addition they sent the wrong product."

2016-05-03

Buyer beware

"Selling items via a market place is a major responsibility.This company does not have customer service via phone, only email. The item i purchased was being shipped by another company. I checked this companies website and behold it states they do not even carry this item. Rakuten directed me to this company and their customer service, which btw was insane. Waiting an hour just to speak with someone who then proceeds to tell lie after lie."

2016-05-02

VERY Poor Service

"I ordered a Chicken Coop from them. Though the order was acknowledged on their web site, the ONLY emails I got and keep getting are marketing emails (So I know they have my correct email). After a week I got onto their web site and FINALLY found where I could check on the order. All it said was "cancelled." No explanation and certainly no communication!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER order from this place again!

2016-04-13

Customer "NO" Service

"I attempted to order from a market place seller thru Rakuten. I changed my address before submitting my order, but Rakuten gave the old address to the seller. When I notified both Rakuten and the seller of the error, they both told ME to contact THEIR carrier and have the package re-routed. There was no offer of help from either. UNBELIEVABLE. I have never had such poor customer service in my life. I will NEVER shop with Rakuten again."

2016-04-11

Sneaky. Lies. Refuse to honour points or reply. DO NOT USE!

"Rakuten will promise to give you "super points" however you will not get these immediately and when you do ge them they will sneak them in without letting you know and then they expire them within 2 weeks! Tell me how is anyone supposed to know they have points awarded to them if they are not made aware and when you go to check them (under a month later) you find out they have expired and they refuse to re-instate them. To make matters worse they refuse to reply to emails so you have to keep sending them emails but they just stop replying eventually which is frustrating.

The only reason I used them was because they were offering these super points which made the product cheaper overall.

Bottom line: I WISH! I WISH! I had read about them first. DO NOT TRUST, for your own sake!

2016-04-01

GREAT SERVICE

"Fast shipping and merchandise sent earlier than expected, received before the expected shipping date. Cheap prices for brand name merchandise. Bought a Sony Movie Projector. Would order again. Have told friends about it."

2016-02-08

Can't buy if you can't login!

"Haven't been able to login for 3-months. They don't respond to emails and their phone customer service is abysmal. How they stay in business is beyond me. Sure miss buy.com that's for sure."

2016-01-19

Pathetic Customer Service

"Sure wish I would have read these reviews before purchasing recliner chairs from Rakuten. Took months to finally get them and then when received found that one of the chairs was a used returned item sent to fill the order. Now it is defective and Rakuten nor Casabellalife will honor the warranty. Definately avoid this company at all costs. I guaranty you will regret it. "

Share Rakuten's store rating

Rakuten is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rakuten is not a merchant member
Rakuten does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!