rakuten.com
Miscellaneous
184 reviews

2018-06-21

Bait and Switch

"Don't trust them. I ordered a camera with Paypal. They charged my Paypal account and then I was told that they could not verify my account with Paypal. Thankfully, Paypal credited back my money. I submitted a poor review on the company's website and received this back:
G7 Mark II,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

I'm guessing that there guidelines are only for positive reviews.

2018-05-10

Rip off.

"I orders vive controllers from them. Said in stock and will ship in 2 days. They never had it. It went into a pending hold. I called to cancel. As soon as I did that they charged my visa. I called and the item had not shipped and was not in stock, and I had cancelled the order and they had charged me. I called again and they are saying it will take about a week to get money back... if at all. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM."

2018-05-02

Unethical and Terrible. Use at your own risk!

"They repeatedly canceled several of my orders with no explanation. I tried to resolve with costumer service however they refused to help.
The final straw that broke. I left a one star review on their site detailing my experience. They deleted the review saying it didn't meet their standards! What a joke. They only allow 5 star reviews to be posted! Terrible company!

2018-01-22

Do not use - warranty is junk

"I ordered a set of printer cartridges for an HP Printer from Toner MarketPlac. Somehow when they did not work and I wanted to return them the return ended up being handled by Rakuten. Despite the 100% guaranty of getting a free return label within 45 days with no questions asked, I was told I had to submit all sorts of photos of the cartridges, the printer, etc. I had already repacked the cartridges and was not going to do that. I returned them at my own cost. I was then refunded $4.95 less than the cost of the cartridges due to Rakuten's taking off that money for their points, which I had never signed up for, did not use and did not benefit from. "

2017-12-14

Horrible Service

"I did not receive a item and filed a "item not received" complaint. It has been a week and still no solution. Amazon would have sent me a replacement with one day shipping the next moment I complained. "

2017-11-01

Cancelled Item

"I really wish I would've looked at these reviews before I ordered my merchandise. I ordered a X box live card this morning and thought there was no issues because when I put in my bank information, it went through. I received an email that my order was cancelled to due them not being able to verify my payment information. Well I checked my account and the money was taken out of my account. I'm not sure why there would be any issues with my payment. I will never order from this company again. At least they could've reached out to me but that didn't happen. I'm hoping they are going to do the right thing and credit me back what is owed to me. SMH! "

2017-10-23

pretty sure it's a scam

"bought a pricey item for my girlfriend's bday and they charged me for it but then said the purchase was cancelled due to my card for some reason yet it worked well enough for them to charge me... Now they won't get back to me on my support ticket and it's been three days. I better get my money back. b"

2017-08-14

First Online Order OF HELL

"I wrote this to (RAKUTEN!!!) RATE my experience.

Im waiting for my $316.81 refund after 5 days of waiting!??

The worse online company experience I have ever had. Also the worse ratings on an online shopping website!!! I shouldn't have trusted your company! Something so simple as making a purchase turned into a week of misleading HELL. PLEASE do the world a favor & strongly consider closing down your business it would make online shopping a pleasant experience! No one should have to bare the torture of ordering a simple purchase! PLEASE CONSIDER CLOSING! Thank you♡♡♡

2017-06-19

Wrong chair was sent to me

"I ordered a chair from them last year and it came in and is really nice. I ordered the same chair this year to replace another chair I had that was old and was sent something way cheaper and not at all comfortable. Their return policy is bad and I would have to pay for return shipping so I am stuck with this and will never order from them again. Also they wont post my review on their website as I have written it twice now and they keep saying they will review it before posting. Stay away from this website. "

2017-05-26

Horrible Organization

"I signed up with Rakuten Marketing in a business relationship. I knew Rakuten had a bad reputation and I had seen them acquire Buy.com years ago and completely destroy it. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to try to do business with them. Huge mistake! They quickly confirmed my worst fears, decimating our relationship in just a matter of hours! What genuinely surprised me was that they did this capriciously, with no warning at all. I'm just grateful that I didn't invest more in the arrangement than I did. If I had let them string me along for months before this happened, it could have been truly devastating. I've tried to contact Rakuten, but they don't even have the basic decency to respond. This is one of the most psychopathic organizations I've ever encountered. Don't think you have no choice but to try to do business with them. You do. Anyone who chooses to trust Rakuten with even a simple transaction has been warned."

2016-12-31

Fast and accurate service

"I read reviews about this store and was reluctant to order, but then I figured it was only two wool scarves for $40, so it wasn't that much to loose. I ordered these scarves two days ago and they have already arrived! It was exactly what I ordered and the quality was as expected for the price. I am very pleased and would order from them again."

2016-09-21

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY...NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEIR PRICE

"Once you have a return (in my case, damaged goods), you're on your own. Rakuten simply opens a "ticket" tells you "Here is the seller's number, go call them and figure it out, SUCKER! LOL LOL LOL (cue evil villain laughter here)" Once they get that money from your credit card, they are outta here faster than you can say "WTF just happened?"

I sure wish I read the HUNDREDS of terrible reviews left by other shoppers, or perhaps the 171 NEGATIVE REVIEWS LEFT ON MY LOCAL BBB WEBSITE. It's so bad, I almost have to laugh.

Helpful (2) Cool

2016-09-19

Credit Card account stolen and wrong product send

"This company is terrible, my account was hacked after using it with them, and in addition they sent the wrong product."

Helpful (2) Cool

2016-05-03

Buyer beware

"Selling items via a market place is a major responsibility.This company does not have customer service via phone, only email. The item i purchased was being shipped by another company. I checked this companies website and behold it states they do not even carry this item. Rakuten directed me to this company and their customer service, which btw was insane. Waiting an hour just to speak with someone who then proceeds to tell lie after lie."

2016-05-02

VERY Poor Service

"I ordered a Chicken Coop from them. Though the order was acknowledged on their web site, the ONLY emails I got and keep getting are marketing emails (So I know they have my correct email). After a week I got onto their web site and FINALLY found where I could check on the order. All it said was "cancelled." No explanation and certainly no communication!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER order from this place again!

Share Rakuten's store rating