Stores > Raise

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.94/10 4.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.97/10 5.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.48/10 5.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.65/10 4.65/10
Voice your opinion! Review Raise by clicking a star below.
2017-11-13

Great customer service

"Quickly resolved my issue I had with a gift card purchase. This was the first time I had ever had an issue but it was resolved and will definitely continue to be a raise customer "

2017-11-13

Excellent customer service!

"Layla helped me resolve an issue with an egift that the retailer was not able to process. I received excellent customer service and a full refund."

2017-11-08

Great service

"Messed up my 1st order w/Raise, could not print out my certificate .
Ava was extremely patient, professional, and got the job done!

2017-11-08

Great customer service!

"Layla was extremely helpful, polite, and friendly. Thank you!

2017-11-06

Hold onto sellers funds - possible money laundering

"They will let you list sell and upload your gift card as a seller using a VPN. But they won’t let you withdraw to your same PayPal account that you’ve been using or have a check dispersed to the account if you’re on VPN. No option to withdraw funds via their App or mobile site. Money laundering?? Contacted CSR who disconnected chat and would not answer questions. Very bizarre... their recommendation was to go to a library to withdraw...????"

Rep reply posted Nov-09-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“Hi there, we're sorry we let you down. We've reviewed this case and have sent it to the appropriate parties. They will be reviewing and providing proper coaching to the supporting agent. In order to best protect our buyers and sellers, we discourage the use of a VPN on our site. We see that you have successfully requested payment as of 11/8. We have sent you an email with more information and we are happy to answer any additional questions you might have.”

2017-11-06

Excellent customer service

"Issues tend to come up every once in a while, right? But it's how a company deals with it. Wayne and his supervisor helped out in an efficient manner, and I am very appreciative for their help in my situation."

2017-10-27

Great service...but certain companies have different kinds of gift cards

"I love(d) Raise. Saving me tons of money, it's like having a coupon when there's no coupon. And it's so simple to use, esp with the smartphone app. I could be out somewhere and I want to get some Starbucks, but my funds are low. Get on the Raise app and order another discounted card. It's delivered almost instantly and I can put it on my Starbucks acct.

But recently something happened:
I bought a Fandango gift card and Fandango has 4 different types of gift cards, some of which is without a PIN number. This can be problem because purchases on FandangoNOW (a division of Fandango) requires gift cards WITH a PIN. Now, Raise does not make these distinctions between the 4 types of cards. I didn't know of these distinctions and Raise didn't appear to either. If they did, their redemption information omitted some additional information.
So I had bought a Fandango card from Raise, knowing that last time I was able to use it. However, this time it was a Claim Code Only gift card. This card type did not have a PIN and FandangoNOW will not accept it. So I was stuck with a card I can not use.

Naturally, I contacted Raise via their website first, saying that my card has no PIN. The first response appeared canned, but don't take my word for it, take a look for yourself:

-----Begin email response from Raise--------

Thank you for contacting Raise Member Services. I hope this email finds you well.

Your Fandango eGift card has an alphanumeric serial number, so there is no pin required. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced, but you should be able to make a purchase with your gift card!
If you had any issues while trying to make a purchase, it may have been due to the temporary technical difficulties that the Fandango website was experiencing.

I hope that I was able to resolve any questions you may have had today.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Have a wonderful day!

-----End email response--------

As you can see that doesn't help.
(A side note: while the emails are going back and forth, the card number for this order is blocked. It just says "pending response", so I can't do anything with it in the mean time.)

I replied and explained:

-----Begin, my email response--------
I spoke with Fandango and found out that for certain purchases, the gift card must have a PIN number, and in my case, the purchase I want to make, requires a PIN. But what I received is "Claim Code Only".

Fandango actually has 4 different kinds of gift cards:
1. Card Number and PIN
2. Claim Code Only
3. Card number and Claim Code
4. Digital Gift Card.

Raise neglected to make any distinctions between those. Therefore I was uninformed about this. So the one I bought can't be used because the type of purchase I'm making requires a PIN.

I now need a refund for this.

-----End, my email response--------

Raise responds back, saying they gave me a refund, but despite them saying they were "happy to provide a refund", check out what they say afterwards, in the form of "Reminders".

You think I "forgot" about these? Or I didn't read these?

-----Begin, Raise email response--------
Thank you for contacting Raise Member Services!

As an exception [exception was bolded] to our guarantee, I am happy to provide you with a refund for this gift card.

As a reminder, our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee covers your purchase price for gift cards that are not active, have an inaccurate balance, if the gift card received is a different brand than ordered or if the gift card is not received within 30 days from the date of purchase.

I have issued a refund for the total amount of $21.33 for the Fandango gift card in order R#######. The refund will be credited to your original payment method within 3-5 business days.

As a reminder, redemption details are available for each brand on the Raise website, which can be found right below the price of the gift card.

As Raise is a marketplace, trust and safety are our top priorities. Our Gift Card Support Team will continue to review this order, and we’ll reach out to you in the event that we need any further information. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with today.
-----End, Raise email response--------

I took the "exception" and "reminders" as, "You know, we're doing this as a favor, right? It's basically still your fault."
Yes, I also know about the redemption details. You think I didn't read that part? Again, I bought a Fandango card before and used it for the same purchase and it was fine. That just so happened to be a card with a PIN number.
I also understand the 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee doesn't explicitly cover this.
But you understand my problem right? I have a card I can't use, due to not being informed of card types.
GRANTED, I didn't know about the 4 types of cards either. But had Raise provided the better details of the card types, I would have certainly evaluated which card type I need to buy.

Rep reply posted Nov-01-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We’re sorry for the confusion that this experience has caused you. Each brand listed on Raise has cards that may have a unique way to redeem them. We do our best to include all information that is obtained directly from the brand under the “Delivery & Redemption” section before checking out. In this specific experience, the card was not invalid, nor did it have an inaccurate balance, so it was not covered by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee. However, we understand this was a special circumstance, which is why we were able to proceed with a refund. We also understand that you did not do anything wrong, and we’ll be sure to follow up with both our Member Services and Trust & Safety Team to make sure that all brand redemption details are both accurate and clearly stated. We’d like to apologize again for any confusion and inconvenience this has caused and we welcome any further questions you might have via email at member.success@raise.com. ”

2017-10-27

Abysmal checkout

"I've had generally good experience with them before. The electronic cards arrives immediately after order and they have one-year guarantee which are both good. But recently I'm having huge difficulties with the checkout. It kept telling my credit card can't go through. It used to be one card failing but the other card working, until one day both cards failed. I talked to their customer service and was told my provided billing address doesn't match the record with the bank, which is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with the address and I use the same address with hundreds of other shopping website with no problem at all. Same card, two weeks ago it worked and now it failed and no change has been made to the card whatsoever and you tell me the billing address doesn't mach?? Now what's even more annoying is that even the card didn't go through, the bank will hold that amount as a pending transaction for DAYS which affect my available credit limit. "

Rep reply posted Oct-27-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We took a closer look into the troubles you were having with checking out and can confirm the charges are pending and did not go through. We double checked our payment processor and can confirm the charges were failing due to the mismatch in billing information. We would advise to delete all saved payment information and re-enter your card to make sure your information is up to date. We're so sorry for any troubles and frustration this has caused you. We're more than happy to answer any additional questions you might have via email at member.success@raise.com. In the meantime, we will continue to look into this order to ensure there are no issues in the future, and we look forward to seeing you back on the marketplace soon.”

2017-10-25

Takes too long to resolve issues.

"The gift card I bought turned out to be a promo code and not an actual gift card. I complained and they emailed me back that it will respond to my request within 7-10 business days. That is too long to get my money back. They used to be very quick with resolutions I am not sure what happened. "

Rep reply posted Oct-26-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We're so sorry for any troubles you've had when attempting to redeem your card. In some cases, we ask for that extra time just in case we need to reach out to additional parties in order to get the information that we need. We have sent you a follow-up email with further details as to how we can resolve this experience. We look forward to hearing back from you soon. ”

2017-10-25

Swift Customer Service from Carlton resolving my issue

"I've purchased many gift cards previously from Raise without any issues. Today, I purchased one that apparently had already been used by another Amazon account. Carlton very quickly responded to my claim, and within a few hours had already refunded me the money.

Thanks again Carlton! Fantastic customer service like this is what will keep me coming back to Raise for my gift card needs.

2017-10-24

Excellent Service

"I have been purchasing from Raise for almost a year and have had nothing but positive interactions with them. If something is not right, they make it right and without any fuss. I will continue to recommend this service to all my friends and family."

2017-10-23

Great choices - Great prices !!!!!

"I found Raise and discovered an easy way to save money. There is a large selection of cards which can be used online or in store. The discounts are significant. The app is easy to use & delivery is quick. I would recommend that anyone use this site !"

2017-10-21

Perfect Customer Service Fulfilling One Year Guarantee

"On 12/9/16, I purchased a $246.46 CVS Gift Card for $210.58. I had used some of it but still had a $96.81 balance on it when I went to CVS and was told my balance was $0.00. On 10/9/17, I called Raise Customer Service and Carlton was very professional, courteous, friendly and provided PERFECT customer service. Carlton immediately processed a credit back to my credit card honoring Raise's One Year Guarantee since I did not get to use $96.81 of the CVS Gift Card I had purchased from Raise.
I greatly appreciate my experience with Raise Customer Service and because of Raise Service Members like Carlton, I hope to continue to use Raise services for many years to come.
I even received a hand written letter in the mail from Carlton thanking me for taking the time to speak with Raise Customer Care!

2017-10-20

My gift card purchase experience.

"This was my first purchase with Raise and was a little bumpy, but easily smoothed out thanks to their "chat" line.
Just needed to become a member first before ordering, not order first then fill the membership. After that one of the two gift cards that I ordered had a number issue, that was also quickly resolved.
Now you may wonder why I still consider this a 5 star experience, and that would be because of Raise's ease of communication and quick response. I tried using Card Cash and was not only Charged for two cards that were cancelled, but took almost two weeks before they returned my money. Quick to take, Poor to respond, and slow to return. Now Raise on the other hand, had me taken care of in about two hours from start to finish.
Pretty obvious to me who I will be giving my future business to,
Regards.. Tony

2017-10-20

From listing to losing all my money

"I posted several gift cards I had gotten for my birthday as gifts. A day after I'd posted them to sell on Raise's infamous website, I logged in to check the status & they were noted as "denied" listing. I was puzzled not knowing why. I called to check the balance on the cards I'd listed & they had a zero balance! Called Raise customer service & they were of no help at all giving me very vague information as to why my cards were denied. Each time I've called the representatives say that I have to talk to the "sellers support team", yet I've called different hours & they are never there nor have I received a call back on the 3 times I was told someone from "sellers support team" would get back to me. Highly unprofessional staff, I still have been unable to learn the reason my gift cards were zeroed out mysteriously shortly after listing them on Raise. My advice is to go to giftcardgranny.com & choose a different gift card seller other than Raise!!"

Rep reply posted Oct-20-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We'd like to apologize for the troubles you've had when attempting to list your cards for sale on our site. If you were told you would be receiving a callback, you should have received one and we'd like to apologize for any confusion. We'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this but we need a bit more information before we are able to. Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com or reply directly to this message?”

Share Raise's store rating

Raise is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Raise is a merchant member
Raise participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,486 merchant members.