Services

Customer service: 6.09/10
Return/Replacement policy: 5.55/10
2018-01-15

Cedric is the man!

"I purchased $110 in gift cards for mlb.com with the expectation that I could use them to pay for my mlb.tv service. Upon contacting mlb.tv, I was told that these cards were only good for us in the mlb.shop store. This doesn't work for me because I am an odd size and cannot purchase apparel online. Initially Cedric informed me that it wasn't the company's policy to refund for this...

(EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NOTHING IN THE LITERATURE THAT EXPRESSES THAT THESE CARDS CANNOT BE USED TO PURCHASE TV SERVICE- IT ONLY STATES THAT IT CANNOT BE USED TO PURCHASE TICKETS OR OTHER GIFT CARDS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO PLEASE MAKE THAT CLEAR IN YOUR LITERATURE FOR THE BENEFIT OF FUTURE CUSTOMERS!!!!!)

I asked to speak to his supervisor. Although I had to wait a bit, Cedric informed me that he made my case to his supervisor and that he was authorized to make a one-time exception given my situation.

I want to thank Cedric for his patience with me and his diligence in acquiring the refund for me. Give him a raise because he saved the company from losing a customer and raising a stink with the BBB.

2018-01-12

Could Not Have Been Better

"The experience was top notch from beginning to end.
I had questions, they had answers.
This is a new concept and one long over due.
The service discounts my purchases with Papa Johns, Smoothie King, and Krispy Cream among others.
I cannot wait to shop for my dogs at Pet Smart.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Dean

2018-01-10

Fabulous customer service

"Had an issue with the purchase of a gift card and was unable to use my discount. Ava the customer service representative was extremely helpful in assisting me. She was courteous, friendly and professional. I will definitely recommend this site to others."

2018-01-07

Excellent customer service.

"Raise customer service went over and above to help me out with a gift card issue. I felt understood, heard and valued as he worked to make it right. This is why I will keep coming back to Raise. Thank you so much!!"

2018-01-03

Don't sell your gift card

"I tried to sell my gift card on this website and the website is extremely confusing had me enter in my information several times and told me that I would get a message when it was listed which I never did. I had my card listed for about 1 week and went to remove/delete it and my account. There is no way to do this on the website you have to call. So I tried to put zero balance on my card and within seconds before I could change it back to the amount I wanted someone bought it without confirmation of this change. It was a $25 dollar card and I got $1.80 from raise.com because they don't make anything work/ clear on the website probably for a reason. I tried calling and they said I cannot get my full amount because the transaction was already completed. The only thing that they could offer is a $5 credit to purchase a gift card.They couldn't apply it to my balance ( bait to try to get me to come back) Why would I come back with this service and I am able to get gift cards elsewhere for free?! These guys are a fake/scam would never use them again nor recommend to anyone."

Posted Jan-05-2018

“We'd like to sincerely apologize for the troubles and inconvenience this experience has caused you. We will take this feedback and pass it along so we can clear up any confusion throughout the selling process. At the time your listing goes live, an email gets sent to the email address associated with your Raise account. Unfortunately, instead of changing the balance, the price was changed and the card was sold right away. As a live member to member marketplace, these cards can sell instantly. Once a transaction has been placed, we are unable to cancel an order. We have added Raise Rewards to your account as an extension of your apology. We understand this is a frustrating experience, and a follow-up email has been sent to further explain this process and help answer any additional questions you might have.”

2017-12-31

Cheaters. Raise is selling invalid cards.

"I purchased a Hollister online gift card from Raise app. When I try to use it, its giving invalid card. I called Raise customer service. They said it's Hollister issue. When I call Hollister, they are saying it's Raise issue.
I lost $200 worth gift card.
DON'T BUY RAISE APP GIFT CARDS.

Posted Jan-03-2018

“We'd like to apologize for the troubles this has caused you. Every card on our site is backed by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee. Due to the time that has passed since this card was originally purchased, we are unable to provide a full purchase price refund as it is outside of the Guarantee time-frame. We will continue to review this order and follow-up with the seller accordingly. We have also added Raise Rewards to your account as an extension of our apology. Please let us know if we can help out in any other way.”

2017-12-28

Bought & Sold Gift Cards - Will Continue to Use Raise Often

"I've purchased multiple gift cards over the past 1-2 years from Raise. Never had any issues even when one of the cards purchased had a zero balance. I emailed customer service and they pushed thru a refund after they verified the balance. I also just recently sold a gift card and it was easy and painless. From posting to selling, the gift card sold in a matter a minutes and I had the money in my PayPal account 2 days later. Very pleased and happy."

2017-12-27

Only allows you to sell gift cards from unpopular places.

"While trying to sell a giftcard from Itunes, it said that they only accepted giftcards for that place from a select few sellers. After trying this with a couple of other big brands, it gave me the same message every time. May be a good site for buyers, not good for the average seller."

Posted Jan-03-2018

“We're sorry for any inconvenience this experience has caused you, Michael. At the time, certain brands are only eligible to be sold by our verified sellers. This feedback is being passed along and we hope to improve the selling experience for all of our members in the near future. Please let us know if you have any additioanl questions or concerns. ”

2017-12-27

Excellent customer service

"I love Raise!!! I had an issue with purchase mistake and Raise went above and beyond to resolve it, which I cannot thank them enough!!! Raise helps me save at places I shop and dine. Love, Love, Love!!!!"

2017-12-26

Great site to buy and sell gift cards

"In regards to selling, when listed competitively, most of the gift cards on Raise.com sell out under 24 hours. The funds are made available immediately. Their customer service is exceptional. Raise however accepts gift-cards only from selected sellers for certain brands such as iTunes, amazon, panera etc.

In regards to buying, u have wide variety of merchants listed on their site. The gift cards u buy are guaranteed to be genuine. Any problems, just chat/call customer service. Till date, i had no problems buying from their site.

2017-12-21

UPDATED: Not unscrupulous, just overwhlemed

"I had a bad experience with customer service who gave me in accurate info, but when I pressed hard (by submitting reviews and registering a BBB complaint) it seems like a more senior CSR actually investigated instead of cutting/pasting a rote response. It turns out that they hadn't actually done anything wrong at all, it was just bad customer service when they got in over their heads. In the end, they made every effort to make me happy so they seem like a reasonable company to deal with."

Posted Dec-22-2017

“We'd like to sincerely apologize for this experience. Customer service is a top priority for us, and we'd like to say sorry for dropping the ball. This has been sent over to our Quality & Assurance Team who will be coaching the agent to make sure this experience does not happen again. In addition, there have been multiple emails sent to you via member.success@raise.com with further explanation of these charges and why you see them. Please let us know if you have any further questions about this experience, and we'd be happy to help out.”

2017-12-19

Love to save!

"Whatever it is that I'm doing...dining or buying online or in a store, I almost always get on my Raise app before paying/purchasing to see if I can get a gift card.
Sometimes it doesn't work out (sold out or the % discount isn't worth it) but when it does work...yippee!
I'm not interested in gift cards mailed to me...just electronic.
It has saved me a lot of $ over the past year. It's great.
Have had a few issues here & there, but Raise customer service usually handles adequately (have to be patient since they don't respond right away)
Overall, pretty happy I found Raise. Will continue to use.

2017-12-18

Phone help was excellent.

"Phone help was excellent. Cedric was extremely patient and helpful to resolve my issues.

However, the issues indicate you need to improve your system.

Having a phone available differentiates you from the other sellers.

2017-12-18

Customer Service - Bob is Magic.

"Just got off the phone with an amazing customer service rep. If you ever have a problem, hope that you get to talk to Bob. After 3 other unsuccessful attempts with other reps (plus one really awful experience with one of them), Bob walked me through every step, checked to make sure he had all the right information and was giving me the right advice, and stayed on the phone with me until the problem was fixed. He listened to my gripes and frustration, and he found a solution when no one else could. I hope Bob gets a Raise. (HA - I'm sure you've never heard that one before.....)

2017-12-16

Stay away

"I spend $440 to purchase a gift card on 12/14. The same day, I realized it only has $10 balance. I reported to Raise and they blocked the card on my account. On 12/16, I see the card again in my account with $10 balance. So I called them again. The customer service said my refund was denied and I should call tjmaxx. I called and tjmaxx said they are not selling on Raise and Raise is obligated to investigate, not them.

Such a horrible experience. Stay away!!!

Share Raise's store rating

Raise is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Raise is a merchant member
Raise participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,439 merchant members.