Stores > Raise

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.94/10 4.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.97/10 5.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.48/10 5.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.65/10 4.65/10
Voice your opinion! Review Raise by clicking a star below.
2017-11-30

Customer service

"Both times I've called my questions are answered and resolved quickly and professionally. Main reason I continue to use vs competition "

2017-11-29

great customer service

"I was browsing the web for some good deals and ran across Raise, which was the best thing ever, especially while stuck at work for 12 hours. The customer service was excellent and very pleasant. Thank you Raise for all your help!! "

2017-11-29

Gift Card disputed by original owner

"I had a $250 Pacsun gift card and saw that it was blocked and inactive during Black Friday. The loser that sold the gift card to Raise.com disputed the gift card with Pacsun and got their money back meanwhile I was robbed of almost $200. It had the money and then it was blocked. Due to disputing gift cards with stores it is unsafe to buy gift cards from Raise or any other second hand seller."

Rep reply posted Dec-04-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Every purchase on Raise is protected by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee and we'd be happy to look into this card to gather more details and resolve this issue. Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com with your order number?”

Good Customer Service

"Although this is a massive online site, it is easy to get in touch with a helpful person if there is any misunderstanding or difficulty.
Both times I have had difficulties they have been resolved right away - today by Cassie. Can't say fairer than that !

2017-11-28

Requesting entire credit score details in order to make purchase

""I purchased 1 card and purchase went through, however their system sent me a receipt that says my order is pending and I need to verify my account. I went to customer service they starts to asking for my private information: where I lived, who pays my phone bill, my SSN, my DL and etc.
This site is definitely fishing your credit information. Never will deal again !!!

Rep reply posted Nov-30-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We're sorry for any confusion this experienced has caused. In certain situations, our Order Processing team may need additional information in order to verify your order. This information is kept secure within that team and is never shared. This is standard practice done in order to best protect the information of both our buyers and our sellers. Please let us know if we can answer any further questions via email at member.success@raise.com.”

Great Customer Service

"Thank you for you help. Have a great day. "

2017-11-27

CAUTION buying from them!!!

"I was please for the first few transactions, but then purchased a Macys gift card. I made the mistake of purchasing the online only vs in store and thus took me a while to redeem as I do not shop at Macys.com. Finally during black Friday 2017 I tried to redeem the $100 gift card online, and it would not work. After calling Raise, they said the cards never expire, but the purchase was out of their 1 year guarantee period, so it was my loss. I spoke to a manager, and the best he could do was offer a $10 credit for my next purchase. I spoke to Macys and they said the original person who purchased the gc disputed the charge with their cred card company, so Macys put a security hold on the gift card, leaving me stuck out $89.75. I will not recommend this app to anyone. If you use it, proceed with caution and use the cards immediately."

Rep reply posted Nov-29-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We're sorry we've let you down. Every card that is purchased on Raise is verified twice, once at the initial listing and once at the time of purchase to ensure a valid and accurate balance. We also have a 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee in place to protect your purchase price if you ever have any issues with a card within 365 days. Unfortunately, since this request falls outside of that time-frame, we are unable to provide a full refund. However, we'd still like to work towards a resolution as we understand how frustrating and inconvenient this experience has been. We will continue to work on improving the quality and the quantity of the cards on our marketplace. Please send us an email to member.success@raise.com and we'd be happy to follow up.”

2017-11-24

horrible check out system, horrible customer service

"I purchased 3 cards and purchase went through, however their system sent me a receipt that says my order is cancelled and only had 2 cards on the receipt. I went to customer service to find out why and they tell me its due to an item is sold out even though it says it is available and purchase went through. When I asked how to solve this issue they simply ignore me and starts to asking for my private information: where I lived, who pays my phone bill, my SSN, and 2 photos of my Drivers Lisence. Their explanation is that since my bill info and my username don't match? "

Rep reply posted Nov-27-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We'd like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. In certain situations, our Order Processing may require additional information in order to fully verify the account and complete the purchase. Due to the multiple names on the account (account name, billing address, order address) our Order Processing team asked for additional details. This is done to best protect all the buyers and sellers on the marketplace. If you have any additioanl questions about this experience, please don't hesiatte to reach back out to us.”

2017-11-19

CSR 11/18-19

"Spoke with Wayne on 11/18 and Cedric on 11/19. In both cases calls were answered quickly, agents were friendly and above all helpful. Really impressed with your customer service."

2017-11-19

good service

"I had some issue with order, but they fixed in proper manner, thanks "

2017-11-18

Raise did NOT replace a gift card that was invalid. Horrible Service

"I paid for 3 Boston Market gift cards so I can order Thanksgiving dinner from Raise.com. 2 $50 gift cards and 1 $25 gift card. When I placed an online order on BostonMarket.com, the $50 cards went through but the $25 card did NOT. I got a message from the website that said "The gift card number you entered is invalid. Please verify your gift card number." So I made several attempts to retry the $25 with no luck. Same response from BostonMarket.com. I contacted Raise C/S via chat and spoke to Zen. I gave her the card Serial Number and it took her 10 minutes for her tell me that the card had a full balance and to retry my order. I retried with Zen on the line but still same result. After another 15 minutes of "researching" Zen offered to relist my card and wait for it to be resold to someone else. I told her I just wanted a replacement card so I can complete my Thanksgiving order. Zen said that they don't have any replacements in inventory to replace this card. I told her that this was not acceptable. I just needed the card I paid for to go through. She then said that she escalated to her Supervisor and that they were going to provide a replacement card. I said thank you and waited. Now we are 1 hour into our chat; Zen returns and said that her supervisor looked into the issue and can not provide a replacement. Zen also suggested that I use the card at the physical restaurant and also accused me of not knowing how to use a gift card online and that it could be very tricky. As I was making another attempt to order on BostonMarket.com, Zen logs off the conversation with No Solutions. So I had to pay for the remaining balance out of my pocket on BostonMarket.com, paid for a gift card I could not use and wasted half of my day dealing with Raise.com. I will let everyone know about my first and final experience with Raise.com.

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We'd like to apologize for both the troubles and the time lost that this card has caused you. Our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee is in place to protect your purchase price if a card is showing an invalid or inaccurate balance. At the time you contacted our Member Services team, we were able to verify the full balance on the card. Because of this, we were unable to provide a refund. We would like to apologize for the miscommunication in regards to providing a replacement card and will be sure to follow up with the agent to provide the proper coaching. If you are still experiencing troubles with this card, please don't hesitate to send us an email, and we'd be happy to work towards a resolution.”

2017-11-17

Horrible first time buying experience

"I got a new customer code $5 off and made my first purchase for over $600 the next day they sent me an email saying it was the last day of a 10% off promo. When I asked to honor the better promo they said they couldn’t because my order already processed. Of course it had, these are virtual gift cards! Worst first time experience, I’ll be sure to share with my friends!"

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“Unfortunately, once an order has processed, we are unable to adjust or edit the payment type, or any promo codes that were used. The 10% off promo was available for you to use on any purchase over $100 made on 11/17. We're happy that you were able to redeem your first-time user promo code! Be on the lookout for future sales and promotions over the next week. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns about this experience. ”

2017-11-17

excellent

"I love this service, the phone help Center is helpful."

2017-11-16

Card purchased was compromised, not backed by Raise

"I purchased a $250 Ross Stores gift card from Raise which I planned to give to my wife as a gift at a later date. When the card arrived, I verified the balance at $250. I then placed the card in a safe place and forgot about it until today - 18 months later. Guess what... the balance is now ZERO. Of course, I'm reasonable and understand that Raise has a guarantee which has long since passed. Unfortunately, they are willing to do NOTHING. I guess that's fair - they support the card for one year, then the card balance becomes your problem.

I'm writing is so that anybody dealing with Raise understands... IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT A CARD YOU PURCHASE FROM RAISE CAN BE COMPROMISED BY A PREVIOUS DISHONEST SELLER AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE. YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHO OWNED THE GIFT CARD PREVIOUSLY. IN MY CASE, THE DISHONEST PREVIOUS OWNER LIKELY COPIED THE GIFT CARD NUMBERS, SOLD THE CARD TO RAISE, WAITED A PERIOD OF TIME, THEN EMPTIED THE BALANCE.

My fault, I guess, for not checking the card balance multiple times before one-year guarantee from Raise expired.

Raise gift card buyers beware.

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Every purchase on Raise is verified twice, once at the initial listing, and once at the time of purchase to ensure the card has a valid and accurate balance. In addition, we have a Seller Support Team that will verify sellers in order to ensure a safe marketplace for both buyers and sellers. Unfortunately, this order falls well outside of our 1 Year Guarantee. However, our Member Services team has provided Raise Rewards as an extension of our apology. We will be sure to continue reviewing this order and we are working every day to improve both the quality and the quantity of the cards on our marketplace. We'd be happy to further explain our Guarantee if you have any further questions. Please don't hesitate to send us an email to member.success@raise.com. ”

2017-11-14

Best service

"Awa helped a lot for my issues"

Share Raise's store rating

Raise is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Raise is a merchant member
Raise participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,486 merchant members.