Stores > Raise

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.94/10 4.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.97/10 5.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Raise by clicking a star below.
2017-12-16

Stay away

"I spend $440 to purchase a gift card on 12/14. The same day, I realized it only has $10 balance. I reported to Raise and they blocked the card on my account. On 12/16, I see the card again in my account with $10 balance. So I called them again. The customer service said my refund was denied and I should call tjmaxx. I called and tjmaxx said they are not selling on Raise and Raise is obligated to investigate, not them.

Such a horrible experience. Stay away!!!

2017-12-14

Gift cards never arrived

"I have been a satisfied Raise customer for the last several years. This time the cards never showed up. Everyday I track them, they give a different zip code. No problem, today is day 14 so i call for a refund. Sorry you must wait 30 days to get the credit. WOW, sorry why should i pay my credit card bill before they credit me 14 days should be the max... Sorry Raise no more business from this family."

Rep reply posted Dec-18-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We're so sorry for the delay in receiving these cards. Physical cards may take up to 14 days to arrive. You are protected under our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee if you do not receive the cards within 30 days of your purchase date. Because we saw updated tracking, we have to wait until the cards are returned to our office before proceeding. We see that these cards have now been scanned in a zip code near you, and you should be receiving htem in the next day or two. If you have any additioanl questions about this experience, please don't hesitate to reach back out and we'd be happy to help out.”

Outstanding customer service experience

"Today I purchased an e-gift certificate from the Raise.com website. The transaction itself went extremely smooth. However, when I attempted to use my gift code I tried several times to redeem it and could not. Then, I went back online to the Raise.com website to look around. Wow! I was relieved to be able to quickly and easily find their contact phone number! I spoke with Freddy and explained my issue to him. He was extremely patient, friendly, professional and attentive. This is a busy time of year for them I'm sure and Freddy actually did not rush me off the phone. He stayed on the phone with me so I was able to make sure that my e-gift certificate was working properly. I definitely will be buying more e-gift certificates from Raise.com and telling my friends about them as well. I'm very happy with the price I paid and the outstanding customer service that I received today from Freddy! "

Excellent

"I had a complicated problem and Merrick handled it completely, patiently, and politely. Unfortunately, such good customer service is rare. I really appreciate the help!"

2017-12-13

Misleading product page & no refund when you purchase something you were mislead to buy

"I was intentionally shopping for a physical gift card on google. Often times, gift cards come as both a physical card and an eCard, so it's not unexpected to see a note that a card is also available as an eCard. It doesn't tell you that you won't receive a physical card. Certain elements on the product page implied it was a physical card, such as "free delivery" (not email delivery - who says "free delivery" when referring to emailing a code?) and references to "Gift card" mixed with "eGift Card". I was also reassured when it asked me for my address during checkout. There was nothing that indicated I would not receive a physical card until I noticed the email confirmation didn't mentioned the shipping date. So I asked them when it would be delivered and they said I didn't buy a physical card. I investigated and they do actually sell physical cards:

"We offer free shipping on all gift card orders. If you are purchasing multiple cards within one order, your gift cards may arrive at separate times depending on the seller and card type. If you do not receive your gift card/s accordingly, please visit our Help Center.

Physical Gift Cards: Your gift card will be delivered by USPS to your shipping address in 3-14 business days. If you do not receive your card within 30 days from the date of purchase, your order is covered by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee."

But there was nothing on the product page that explicitly says what you're buying is not a physical card.

So I called and requested a refund because I needed to buy another real card in time for my Christmas trip. They refused to give me a refund. I explained why their product page was misleading and all I got in response was an explanation of why they sell eCards and not physical cards. I feel like they weren't hearing what I was saying.

Now I'm stuck printing a crappy code on a sheet of paper to give to my niece for Christmas. I am very dissatisfied with this company.

UPDATE: I read Raise's response and replied, but I see it was only sent to them and I would like it to be public, so here is my response:

This is not helpful in my situation in any way nor would it be helpful to future shoppers such as myself who don't know your whole product layout and can infer from one product listing that since this isn't a product I'm not looking at, I therefor know that this product is not what I think it is.

I told the rep on the phone that if raise addresses the misleading elements on their product page, I would adjust my review to reflect this, but instead of addressing the problem, you simply explained why it was my fault and completely ignored what was intended to be insightful feedback on how someone might think they are purchasing a physical card, so that you could address those inaccuracies for future consumers. Clearly, since I was shopping explicitly for a physical card and did not discern that the product on your page wasn't a physical card, the product page could be made to more clearly point this out.

Moreover, in today's marketplace where I can pretty much return anything without any questions asked, it's unusual to find a company that doesn't offer that to the consumer, especially when it's pointed out that their product description is unclear or misleading.

I wasn't familiar with your company. I found a direct link to your product page while looking through google shopping results for "google play gift card". You need to approach the product page and description from that angle, without assuming that the consumer has searched your site and become familiar with the fact that your products are either one or the other (eGift card versus physical card) and not both, since many gift cards for digital content are offered both as a physical card and an eGift card. Thus, putting a little 'eGift' icon under a product image is not enough. Icons, especially when listed multiply, are commonly interpreted as attributes, not definitions. For all I know, and what it meant to me when I purchased it, 'eGift' meant that it could be electronically redeemed right away. It does not tell me that it's not a physical card. You must explicitly point out that it's not a physical card.

Given your reply, I still feel my original rating stands.

Oh, and by the way, I ended up buying a physical card elsewhere and haven't decided what to do with the card I purchased from you because I don't want the receiver of the gift to receive a piece of paper as a gift. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with what I purchased from you. I can't use it myself, as I don't have any android devices. Pretty much was just a straight up waste of money.

Rep reply posted Dec-15-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“Hi there. First and foremost, we'd like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this experience has caused. We work hard to make sure members have a positive experience when using Raise, and we're sorry we've let you down. We're happy to help clarify some of the confusion this has caused, and where you can find what type of gift card you are purchasing. We sell both physical and egift/vouchers on Raise. When viewing the brand listings, you will be able to see the type of card next to the brand logo. In addition, there is a "Gift Card Icon Legend" on the left-hand side of this page that details what type of card it is and how it is being delivered. There is also a special section under each individual listing labeled as "Delivery & Redemption" that will indicate the card type, and how it is being delivered. This information is also shown when viewing your cart, right before you click on "Proceed to Checkout". Because of the nature of our marketplace, our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee does not cover misinterpretation of card delivery method or timing of delivery. We hope this information is useful and helps clear up any confusing details. The voucher may be printed, and is able to be used just like a normal gift card. We'd like to apologize once more for the troubles this has caused, and we welcome any additoinal questions you may have at member.success@raise.com”

2017-12-11

Never will use again

"I purchased gift cards for Fandango. One card worked and other was invalid. I had to make purchase that day so I purchased another card from raise and got my movie tickets. I asked raise to refund me 18.26 what i paid for card due to pin # being wrong. They declined it and requested a screen shot for proof. I will never do business with them again. Very poor customer service."

Rep reply posted Dec-13-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“We'd like to apologize for the troubles and inconvenience this Fandango gift card has caused you. This brand has different ways of redeeming cards that have an alphanumerical code. This information can be found under "Delivery & Redemption" under the brand listing. For this card, you will need to use the full alphanumerical code in order to redeem the card. An email has been sent further explaining this. If you are still unable to redeem using the alphanumerical code, please reply here and we'd be happy to assist further.”

2017-12-09

Horrible service

"They put my account under process of verification without any appropriate reasons"

Rep reply posted Dec-13-2017

A rep from Raise, JHRaise, has responded

“Our Order Processing team may require additional information in order to verify your Raise account. As a member to member marketplace, security is our top priority. This information is kept secure within our system and is never shared. We see that your account is now active and you have been fully verified. If you have any additioanl questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. ”

2017-12-07

Fast and dependable

"I had gotten a card and it was not working properly so without delay Layla got me a refund within 30 min. Very good service and I will continue to use raise."

2017-12-02

I love Raise!

"I have purchased several Raise gift cards with no problems. However, I recently realized that a $50 Smoothie King gift card (that I had used for only 2 smoothies) had a $0 balance. Don’t know what happened. I contacted Raise and they reimbursed me over $35 to compensate for the lost funds. I was overjoyed at this wonderful customer service and will continue to praise Raise to my friends!

2017-12-01

Excellent site & customer service is the same!

"I required help getting signed back into Raise.com, it turned out that it was just the browser that I used but the representative was very respectful and helped me quickly back into my account. Thank you for the savings and also thank you for NEVER disappointing, I LOVE this site!"

2017-12-01

Great Customer Service!

"I had an order that would not go through properly. In contacting the help center, I was advised what the problem was and what I needed to do in order to resolve the problem. Very helpful and great customer service!"

2017-11-30

Great service and on top of it great customer service.

"I had a situation where gift card arrived few hours after the processing instead of right away. I reached out to customer service and they gave me a refund even though they mentions very clearly that there are no cancellations on their website. Really appreciated them of taking care of the customers. I have started using them for a week or so only but I am already a big fan."

Customer Service Call

"Speaking with Layla was a delight as she was extremely helpful in resolving my issue. I spoke to her as a result of needing to follow up on a confirmation of order cancellation from a previous call that was promised but never occurred/submitted.
Layla was able to resolve the mistake promptly and offered a discount on my next purchase for the inconvenience. Her customer service was exemplary and her handling of this incident definitely has encouraged me to continue being a customer with Raise in the future. Kudos to her!

Customer service

"Both times I've called my questions are answered and resolved quickly and professionally. Main reason I continue to use vs competition "

2017-11-29

great customer service

"I was browsing the web for some good deals and ran across Raise, which was the best thing ever, especially while stuck at work for 12 hours. The customer service was excellent and very pleasant. Thank you Raise for all your help!! "

Share Raise's store rating

Raise is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Raise is a merchant member
Raise participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,489 merchant members.