Stores > Play-Asia.com
  • Play-Asia.com

cs@play-asia.com

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review Play-Asia.com by clicking a star below.
2018-01-18

unreliable and dishonest trash

"So I ordered a ps4 game, and after all the payment and etc, I saw another good game, when I try ordering it i see that it'll cost me another delivery charge, so I decided to cancel the 1st order and bundle it up with the 2nd order, this's all within 1 minutes btw, later on when i check my bank statement I see that there's 3 purchase charge, 1 for the first game that I already cancelled within minutes the other is the two games that I bundled. When I read the site faq, they said they can't refund the payment because it's too little etc etc, but they'll transfer the charge to the new purchase, but they actually didn't do that. They charge new rather than transferring the old order payment. That's a fraud btw. I'm just too lazy to make a big deal out of a single games, but definitely wont go there after this."

2017-12-27

Unreliable and dishonest, in many regards

"Completely unreliable. If you care at all about actually receiving what you're ordering, go through another company.

Several times now I have ordered things only to have them tell me weeks later that the item isn't in stock after all. 4/5 orders I've placed with them, this has been the case. For a pre-order advertised on their site recently, I e-mailed them and asked them to confirm that they will actually be getting items in stock, to which they've told me yes, I need to be patient, they're just waiting for their stock to get in before items go up for purchase. I told them this particular item was very important to me, I really wanted to be able to purchase it, I told them please, if you're not sure if you're going to actually be getting it in stock or not, tell me that so I can go with another company.
But no, they tell me they'll be getting the stock in and that the best thing to do is be patient and sign up for alerts for the product on their site, so I know when they get the stock in.
Since I have learned now not to believe anything they tell me, I went through another company instead, who pre-ordered the product for me within an hour and shipped it to me instantly. That same day the product sold out, and not only did Play-Asia never get the item in, their site now says it's sold out and out of print.

I have absolutely ZERO trust left for this company. When I tell them directly it's very important that I receive this item, ask them to confirm they will be getting it in, and they directly bullshit me in return, they lose any shred of credibility they ever had.

On another order, they repeatedly tried to charge my card with "authorization fees", before the item had even shipped. I asked them what in the world they needed to try and charge my card 5 times for and they replied that they were seeing if I had enough funds on my card for them to charge it when the product shipped. I said there was no reason to try and hold the funds that many times and asked them when the order was going to be shipping, they said they didn't know. I asked them why they were continually charging authorization holding fees to my card when they don't even know when the item will be in stock to ship it, and they gave similarly nonsensical answers. That order was weeks late.

I like the items they have available, it's cheaper to go through them then some other places. But I am serious, it's worth the bit of extra money to go through another company or website that has some honesty and reliability. They're either intentionally dishonest or they are just incompetent. Either way, you are better off somewhere else.

2017-08-30

Incompetent or dishonest

"I received an email touting 5% off purchases made by credit card. I ordered two 3D Blu-ray DVDs, one a pre-order. When I checked out I noticed I hadn't received the discount. I reread the ad and saw that pre-orders were excluded. I notified customer service that I should have received a discount on the in-stock and available item. They told me I wasn't eligible because one item was a pre-order. It's not much money and not worth any more hassle, but I don't like dishonest advertising. Anyway, I got an email shortly after saying they would ship the item that was available and the other when it released (8/22). I received the first item but not the second. I have two tracking numbers, but one returns the message "no information". I contacted them today and told them to ship expedited delivery at their expense. I'm expecting them to tell me the item is no longer available. I have absolutely no confidence in this company any more and would advise people to shop elsewhere."

2017-05-21

Absolutely HORRIBLE experience.

"In short, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from them and recieved a bad key; it was already associated with some other computer. Anyways, they have been giving me the run around for many days now. I have given them all the screenshots that I possibly could. I had to purchase another key from another vendor. I still haven't gotten a refund from them. I'm currently persuing a refund through Paypal now. Hopefully they do what's right, but I'm not going to hold my breathe on it. Buyers be very weary. "

2017-05-20

Borderline fraudulent; Horrible Customer Service ... Worst ever

"Ordered a digital windows 10 OEM key... May 16. Claim to be unpaid, PayPal shows paid. I email them the next day... I don't get my key.... Days pass. They ask for transaction information over and over even though it's shown in the email. I provide screenshots... They claim other areas. I open a PayPal dispute 6 days later and they say they won't provide my key until I close the claim...

Speaking with paypal, they tell me not to close it untili receive my item... Awkward. Play Asia only replies once a day and ask for the same stuff you already told them and pass any responsibility to the next person or others. I'm still awaiting my key... Then I'll close my dispute. At this point I wonder if it will even work.

2017-05-19

Terrible scammers

"Bought a key on their site, promised delivery. nothing arrives. message seller, order deleted. no response. Paypal mediation requested. Disgusting company dont deal with them"

2017-04-29

Hilarious customer service, not worth the pain

"Bought an item, it was damaged.

After 2 month about 20 emails and sending it back I get refunded in store credit, even though they said they would refund me on the original payment method.

NEVER AGAIN, STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY AT THIS PLACE.

2017-02-17

Terrible. Tempting. Treacherous.

"This is a company run like garbage with garbage customer service.

Different reps answer emails and leave you in a loop of giving the exact same information on a purchase until you either give up or have to go through your payment choice to resolve the problem.

Twice now I have attempted to buy a digital product key and both times they botched a simple procedure.

Take payment, send some text to the purchaser. Its not difficult. They "forgot" the first time after taking 4 days. I could have gone and bought what I was looking for and been faster at a brick and mortar.

The second time they blamed the "accounting department" for charging me 4 times the original amount ($200) taking 4 weeks to return payment and it wasn't until I forced a charge back that I got my money back. Unbelievably unacceptable.

2017-01-09

"Item was not received.

Play-Asia's customer service were obfusicating, unhelpful and terribly slow.

Disputing with PayPal

2016-10-25

Don't buy from Play-Asia

"Ordered a KINGSTON 5-IN-1 MOBILE COMPANION on 10/12/16. They provide me a tracking that is shipped from Singapore to US. However, once it arrived in US, the USPS can't track it anymore. Contacted them and they basically said talk to my local post office. It's now 10/25 and still haven't receive the package. Their Customer Service basically stop helping me to trace my package. Escalating to Paypal for dispute. "

2016-10-20

Don't use Play Asia.com

"So I ordered Xbox one plus 3 games from Play Asia, total was almost US$ 1000.

First they took all the credit card details, then rejected it, I switched to another card, they rejected it also.according to the banks, nothing wrong with the cards.

Then they sent me bank account details so I transferred the money direct. I checked they recieved the money, they can't find it. Then they tried to charge the credit cards, but I already reported Play Asia to my bank as possible fraud so it was stopped.

10 emails to and from 10 different customer service reps, none of which had read the previous emails, still they cannot find the money.

Play Asia can only manage 1 customer email a day, so the above took almost 2 weeks.

First threat of legal action followed, then they found the money.

Everything out of stock: despite happily selling the products online and taking (then losing, then finding the money) , everything was out of stock with no idea when restock is possible.

They suggest 4 alternative Xbox consoles so I choose a new one: also out of stock.

Now 3 weeks gone by, 1 email a day, none at the weekend.

I ask for a refund of my money. Waited a week. Second threat of legal action, they can refund to PayPal only or give store credit.

I don't have PayPal - another 10 customer services reps later and having told Play Asia 4 times, I don't have PayPal. They ask for my bank account. I'm still waiting for the refund.

After almost a month of deliberate delays, evasion and downright lies, I am still waiting.

My advice is absolutely DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. I don't think they are criminals, but their service level is criminally low bordering on illegal. So do yourself a favour, avoid Play Asia and don't believe these false recommendations saying they are good, they are awful.

By the way I bought all the same stuff retail in Hong Kong for HALF the price play asia were asking.

2016-08-09

Best site in many ways

"It is a great website where you can get rare or vintage games or toys.

2016-07-11

my #1 import site to shop for games , figures , anime merchandise & digital codes .

"1st of all i love what this site provide on japanise games , figures + merchandise that will never be sold where i live .

love buying disk version of games that come out as digital in US , this site helped me find the amiibo i wanted too .

digital codes for PSN & N ESHOP are cheaper than what my local stores where i live , i love there 5$ coupon discount that can be used on your next order .

customer support is always very intent on helping in my order requests and assist me many time when making orders .

this site is ideal for me & there packaging is very good and delivered on time .

shopped here many times & i like it .

2016-06-15

Excellent Customer Service

"Quick, efficient customer service.
Great job!

2016-05-05

PlayAsia is ACES!

"Absolutely cannot wait the 3 to 5 months it takes to localize Asian games, like me? Been using PlayAsia for years to get a jump on new titles, it's even easier now with no region barriers on the newer consoles. I use my rudimentary Japanese to fill in the gaps, but it's really not that difficult.

This time i had a CC issue, but it was resolved in less than 24 hours, and my game was shipped. With xpress shipping 3 days total from Hong Kong to Austin Tx. AMAZING!

Share Play-Asia.com's store rating

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Play-Asia.com is not a merchant member
Play-Asia.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!