Product & services pricing 3.61/10
Shipping & packaging: 1.67/10
Customer service: 2.08/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.82/10
2017-10-17

Bought a new Backpack. It's amazing!

"The first time I purchased on outside outfitters was about 5 months back. So i know that the shipping is a bit slower than I am used to, but that did not stop me from buying backpack from them. The item was exactly as described. In fact it looks better in reality. I am loving it. "

2017-10-17

Great Experience on my First Purchase

"They have a Great collection of products for hiking enthusiasts. After being recommended by a friend, I ordered a tent, 2 sleeping bags and backpacks. Although Shipping took a little longer than expected, but support was very friendly. The material used for backpack, tent and sleeping bag is awesome. So overall, a wonderful experience."

2017-10-16

My Brooks B135 Saddle just arrived!!

"I purchased a brooks b-135 saddle from outside outfitters website around 13 days back. It arrived today. There is just one word to describe the product, flawless. Really happy with my purchase. Would recommend the website to all bike lovers like me!"

2017-10-16

I ordered a coat on 09/27/2017

"I ordered a coat on this website on 09/27/2017. It arrived today. It Looks exactly as shown in the pictures. Even though the shipping was not the quickest, but the quality of coat makes up for it. I am very happy with my purchase. "

2017-10-10

Wondering how these guys stay in business

"Ordered some DT Swiss rims because I build my own wheel sets. After a week or so I got a email (apparently Long with about 50 other buyers) staying that there would be a delay in shipping due to problem at the distribution warehouse. Long story short, after over a month of waiting, I emailed them asking to cancel the order. They replied back that the order was cancelled and they would refund my money. Two weeks now I still haven’t received that refund.

Do yourself a favor and avoid these guys like the plague. Just because they undercut the other sellers by 5-10 percent, it’s not worth it if you never get your merchandise!!!

2017-10-05

Add another crappy experience to the collection

"Ordered some MTB rims, because of a smoking price on 9/29/17. I paid for two day shipping because I wanted them before Oct 6th. I got the normal customer and order number emails. Then an email saying the company charging my card is Max Industries, not Outside Outfitters. I didn't hear anything, like shipping confirmation, so Tuesday morning I called. I talked to Ken, he said "you bike people are always in a rush". He explained that it takes 3 days to get the parts from the distributor, then shipping. I explained I ordered the rims on Friday morning, so he should have the rims by Wednesday, and two day shipping should put them in my hands on Oct 6th. He was snarky, saying well, that's best case. I called Wednesday morning speaking to him again. The rims still hadn't left the distributor, but he promised to update me by EOD. I didn't hear anything from him and it was nearly 7p PST, so I sent an email (the fourth email). I called today (Thursday), got v-mail. I also sent my 5th email. Absolutely no response. I'm going to call my CC company for a refund. Now to find the rims I want all over again... guess my bike will be down for another week. Wish I'd researched him prior to ordering. Don't believe one word on the website. And a footnote: the only charge I made on my AmEx for 3wks was to OO. Coincidently my CC info got out and triggered a fraud alert on Monday morning Oct 2. Don't know if there's a connection, but after this experience, I wouldn't be surprised. Look up his BBB rating and their actions."

2017-09-24

Horrible Experience

"I do NOT recommend buying anything from Outside Outfitters. Their operations are slow and sketchy. I had a similar experience to other people who have posted reviews here; it took a month and a half for me to get my order and I had to babysit Outside Outfitters through each step of the process. I rated them 2 stars instead of 1 because I actually did get my order, and when it came it felt like Christmas. Haha. "

2017-09-19

6 weeks and counting since my order

"I ordered two items on Aug 6 and still don't have them on Sept 19. I contacted customer service a few weeks ago and this is what they said to me: "Stage 1 of 2 Completed: Stock has been allocated at the warehouse. In Stage 2 your order will be prepared for delivery. Please allow 2-5 business days to complete this Stage, after which you will receive a 2nd email with your tracking number." Tell me what that means. Don't purchase anything from this company. There are many good merchants with the same products."

2017-09-13

Horribly slow!

"11 days after my order has been placed and item still hasn't been shipped, and the item is in stock. Took 4 days to get a response regarding the delay via email, and couldn't give an ETA. Trying to cancel my order, and won't deal with this place again. Unfortunately I seen the poor reviews after I placed an order."

2017-09-05

Misleading shipment dates. Terrible customer service

"I submitted an order for a pair of Dual Eyewear glasses om 8/16. Your web site said that products ship within 2-3 days. I planned to use these for a century ride on 8/25 so paid for three day shipping. I did not hear anything from Outside Outfitters until I called on August 19th. I was told that there should be no issue getting the glasses by the 25th. I called again on the August 24th and was told that you did not have the glasses available to ship so obviously would not get them for the 8/25 ride. I did not receive the glasses until September 1st. There was never any communication from Outside Outfitters to provide a status on the order. The web site talks about how proud they are of their customer service but I found it severely lacking. I do not intend to order anything else from Outsider Outfitters and will discourage anyone who asks me about Outside Outfitters from ordering from them."

2017-08-30

Avoid at all costs

"Not only did it take over a month to get my "rush" order but their "customer service" is virtually non-existent. STAY AWAY.

I ordered a tent on July 15th with expedited shipping. On July 20 I wrote to ask for shipping information. July 21 I got an emailed updating that the "stock has been allocated at the warehouse." Same day I asked for a refund for expedited shipping, which they did provide. July 24 the item "is proceeding to the fulfillment stage." July 28 I asked for an update. July 31 I got an email saying the item is being prepared for delivery. August 1 I asked them to cancel the order. August 8 the item shipped. I wrote again saying I don't want this anymore. August 9 they say they can't cancel (after it has been processed for shipment from the warehouse." August 14 I asked for an RMA. August 22nd I the tent FINALLY arrived. I emailed again asking for an RMA. August 23rd they say the RMA info is my order number and refused to pay for shipping to return it.

2017-08-28

Excellent Service. I will use again.

"Excellent service and I will use again. I had a great experience overall. They helped me find a bike part that was challenging to find. I did have to follow up a few times. I will go back to Outside Outfitters again."

2017-08-24

Fake website

"Don't order anything. You won't get your order and they will keep your money. Reported to BBB and fraud report to the bank."

2017-08-13

Don't waste your time!

"Seriously, don't waste your time. I thought to myself "maybe my experience will be different" I was wrong. The timeframes listed on their site are for show and set false expectations. I truly wonder if they ever actually fulfill orders, or just BS their, an I use this term loosely, customers. I have requested cancellation several times and they simply don't respond. Contacting my bank on Monday. "

2017-08-10

Check the 5 star review profiles

"If Outside Outfitters spent more time shipping orders than creating fake positive reviews, they wouldn't have to do them at all!! How crazy can you be to create a business and strive on customer service, along with a plethora of satisfaction guarantees, and then do the entire opposite. Waste of time. "

Share Outside Outfitters's store rating

Outside Outfitters is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Outside Outfitters is a merchant member
Outside Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,436 merchant members.