Product & services pricing 2.78/10
Customer service: 2.08/10
Return/Replacement policy: 2.00/10
2017-12-14

Complete failure.

"Waited almost 2 months for my order, nothing but excuses, they never had this part in stock, though they gave me several shipping dates, they always came back with more excuses. Now it's been another month, and still no refund. Taking a chance on these guys proved to be a mistake for me. I now have my card service AND the Missouri Attorney General involved. I can not recommend these guys for anything. They took my money, provided nothing, and now say they can't refund me for the order because they changed their card service provider. Complete fail. I just want my money back."

2017-12-07

"F" score by the BBB-BUYER BEWARE

"Buyer Beware!!!! there is a reason this company has a score of "F" with the BBB. Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I have never written a review good or bad , but dealing with Outside Outfitters has compelled me to, along with opening a dispute against them with my Credit Card and filing a complaint with the BBB. I wish I had done a little research before trying to save a few bucks. My experience is very similar to the ones already posted and yours will likely be the same if you make the same mistake of ordering from them. First, when you place an order your card will IMMEDIATELY BE CHARGED. Then the wait begins and more waiting still. Depending on how patient you are you will call asking for a status update, after all this is an item listed as in-stock(I waited 1 week with no status update). Here's where it gets bad.Perhaps the worst insult is this company's motto "Outside Outfitters, our business is customer service". Your call will be fielded by a third party message center operator who will take down your question or concern and give it to a "customer service representative"-your complaints will fall on deaf ears, they don't work at Outside Outfitters" they just take the messages as they will remind you. You might get a response from one of these customer service people letting you know they are experiencing extraordinary delays in the shipping warehouse, but they have "allocated" your order and will expedite it. Depending on how patient you are you will wait yet again (another week). Then you will probably look this company up and read some reviews that go like this and your stomach will sink a little bit. I placed my order on the 7th, cancelled it on the 21st and was told my refund was "confirmed" and had "entered their system", SCARY. I asked how long after a refund "entered their system" would it take to have the charge credited back to my account. The reply was they had "We recently changed credit card processing companies to expedite the issuance of refunds. We expect refunds to be completed within 2 - 3 days after entering our system. We have noted your inquiry in our file. "(from my email). This was on 11-21. It is now 12-07 a full 16 days later. The website looks legit but this business is NOT LEGIT! Do yourself a favor and pay a little more and go somewhere else- you don't need this headache."

2017-12-05

Absolute scam. Do not trust.

"Over 60 days waiting for items. Lied to by Customer Service 4 separate times regarding delivery date. Now will not refund charges. Had to dispute charges on credit card. They put out fake reviews to keep up ratings and will try charging 8% restocking fee. Bad rating with better buisness bureau also. "

2017-12-05

2 months no item,refund or response.

"On October 14 th I placed an order and they said there would be a 3-4 day delay. 2 weeks later no shipping confirmation they said slight delay. 1 month later I asked for a refund. 2 weeks later i asked the status of the refund and they said delay should have in 1 week. Now I’m receiving no response from the company and still no refund or product."

2017-12-01

Zero Customer Service

"I bought a product and requested to cancel the order within 24 hours via email. The mailtracker displayed my emails were never opened. I called customer service and got a hold of someone, they said they would cancel the order and I got a order confirmation that it was getting ready to ship the next day... "

2017-11-30

Outside Outfitters (aka Max Industries Company) is horrible!

"I ordered an FSA handlebar for my bike on Oct. 18, 2017 - my debit card was charged immediately (not a good sign!). By Oct. 31, I hadn't received the part nor had it shipped. Outside Outfitters' "Customer Service" kept apologizing for the delay but did nothing. By Nov. 6, I canceled the order because I needed to get the part from another vendor in order to get my bike on the road. More email exchanges trying to get my debit card purchase refunded. More BS from "Customer Service" along the lines of "Sorry, we'll refund asap". Eventually, today (Nov. 30), Outside Outfitters "Customer Service" wrote that I should contact my bank and dispute the charge and that they would not oppose the dispute. I'm sitting on hold with my bank as I write this - a great time to write a review of an unscrupulous vendor who has had TONS of complaints on BBB and other sites. Stay away!!!!"

2017-11-30

Buyers beware!

"Ordered 10/6 and waited for over 10-days before contacting them about my order. No one seem to pickup the phone so email them. I received an email that they will ship soon. Waited another 10-business days and they never shipped. They also charged my credit card. So I emailed them again and asked for a refund. It is now 11/29 which is over 30-days since I initially placed an order. They did not deliver and still no refund. I had to go through my credit card. What a pain. So buyers beware."

FRAUDULENT

"Ordered a $225 jacket on 10/26. Outside Outfitters charged my card immediately, which I thought was strange. They never provided any anticipated delivery dates, tracking information, NOTHING. After 10 days and no jacket I called customer service, which somehow could provide ZERO information. Instead I received an email later which literally states “there seems to be a bit of a backup at the warehouse”. Seriously it’s a joke it looks like a 4th grader wrote the email. Anyways, I decided to be patient, but with no luck. After 30 days and still no jacket, I emailed again, this time to receive anther petty response “ Rather than give you an estimated ship date that is not guaranteed, we will notify you when we have confirmed shipping”. Are you kidding... a month after they took my money they still can’t tell me a single detail about my order? Warning: they will try to string you along with BS excuses in hopes that you will just eventually give up, but don’t give up. I filed a chargeback with my credit card company, who’s fraud dept will be certainly be paying Outside Outfitters a visit soon. I’m also going to report them to the FTC and BBB. Avoid Outside Outfitters at all costs. This is a fraudulent website which did nothing more than steal from me. They need to be brought down before more innocent people are scammed."

2017-11-29

Apparently they aren't paying their distributors, because they don't actually ship anything

"They primarily sell things that are shipped by a third party, and they do not have any control over the stock. Thye will charge your credit card immediately, which should actually be pending until the order ships. It is incorrect to recognize revenue before then. Their response?

"We understand your frustration and can only express our apologies for the continued delays. We are still trying to resolve the back ups with shipping at the warehouse. We have communicated our complaints to the distributor for their failure to release our shipments promptly even though stock has been pulled from the shelves and should be ready to go. As a small business, at times we struggle to overcome issues that are beyond our direct control. All we can do is reiterate that we are making every effort to get your order shipped and will update you only when shipping from the warehouse has been confirmed, not promised.

....

We have been instructed only that the card is charged when stock has been allocated at the warehouse for us which coincides with our receipt of an invoice that we are also charged for. The stock is technically purchased and belongs to us.

Sincerely,
Customer Service"

The only way the the distributor can withhold shipping is because Outside Outfitters isn't paying their bills.

Make sure you pay by credit card, so your company can dispute the charges for you if this happens to you. It looks like it is happening often.

Rush Delivery on a Product Never Delivered Over a Month Later

"I get that sometimes you aren't able to keep accurate inventory when running a brick and mortar and a e-commerce site. However, not following up, giving updates, and not giving me my product I paid for over a month later is not a good way to run a company."

2017-11-27

SCAMMERS STAY AWAY

"Bought wheels August 1, 2017 gave me the run around and still waiting for a refund to this day. "

2017-11-24

Never gave a refund

"Ordered marmot jacket, credit card was charged. Got a call and email stating that there was an issue with the processing of credit card orders. They stated that as a result my credit card was immediately refunded and I would have to give them a different credit card. After 2 weeks no refund seen despite two emails stating refund was immediately given. Reported them to credit card fraud department. I would not order anytime from them. "

2017-11-19

3 weeks and product hasn’t shipped

"Ordered a coat on October 26th, 3 weeks later and multiple promises that it would shipped shortly, I cancelled my order. Of course, they charged my credit card right away and it has not been refunded yet, but was ‘entered now in their system’ "

2017-10-24

Never Delivered!

"I was excited about getting a sleeping bag at a nicely discounted price from them. I placed an order, then waited and waited and waited. They never delivered, nor sent ANY tracking info. All I got was a single message saying that the order was "processing". One month later, there was still NOTHING delivered and no tracking info. I reached out to try to get a refund, but got NO RESPONSE. I was forced to open up a claim with my bank."

2017-10-22

No product, no refund

"I ordered a Cygolight in July and after several weeks without delivery, I canceled the order and requested a refund. Subsequent phone calls and numerous e-mails to customer service have not resulted in a refund of my payment. Three months have passed and still no refund. I rated this site One Star because there isn't a No Star option. "

Helpful (1) Cool

Share Outside Outfitters's store rating

Outside Outfitters is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Outside Outfitters is a merchant member
Outside Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,433 merchant members.