Stores > Outside Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.39/10 2.39/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Outside Outfitters by clicking a star below.

Super slow shipping

"Undeterred by the antiquated web site and lack of free shipping, I ordered an item because they had a low price on that item. 9 days later the item hadn’t shipped. My inquiry did receive a response in less than a day - a very defensive explanation of their shipping policy complete with a bizzare “business day math”. I did receive a note that my item has been allocated in a warehouse. Whew. Two days later - no shipment, no notification, no communication. There is a tiny chance th total wait time will be only two weeks... but that’s doubtful. U am beginning to understand why they have a rating of F on BBB. "

Super slow shipping - Rude customer service - Most of the reviews on this site are fake for them

"On their "about us" page one of the first things they mention is "fast shipping" and "friendly customer service". I believe their site quotes items ship within 2-4 business days. I placed my order 8 business days ago and it still shows "processing". I have inquired about it several times so their customer service department decided to rudely educate me on what a business day is. I have sent several emails about my order since with the only response being, you will receive tracking info the first part of next week. They have stated that my order is within their allotted pre-shipment cycle which they say is 2-4 business days (today is the 8th). I will be seeking a order cancellation and refund. Depending on my experience I will update this review if possible.

I got a tracking number and was told the item "shipped" on the 11th business day. However, USPS was waiting for the package for 2 more business days. Today 2/28 is the 14th business day since my order.

Also, @ResellerRatings, most/all of the 4-5 star great reviews for Outside Outfitters are obviously fake based on usernames and review history.

Stay away. You will be sorry. I never received my order or refund from Outside Outfitters.

"The worst experience. Someone should put whoever is behind this company in the face of the law."

Customer Service and Shipping Time Are Unacceptable

"I'm actually sorry I did not read these reviews before placing an order with this company. At this point, I'm skeptical I will ever get the item I ordered. It's pretty obvious they get an order, THEN get the merchandise from the manufacturer THEN send it to you if you're lucky. This is my first time doing business with this company; there won't be a 2nd."

"They have refused to refund an order from three months ago, even though they say that it is processing still. They delete all negative reviews online, but there are numerous complaints about this site actually being a scam. Please do not order from these people."

Terrible communications/service

"They sent me an item after telling me it wasn't available (without confirming if i still wanted it -- i didn't).... then went three weeks without responding to my request for a return label. Finally had an agent call me (only after i complained to my credit card) and try to blame me for the whole situation. i will never order from them again. "

Scam. Beware

"Ordered a coat as a gift in September.
In 2 weeks item was never shipped. My card was charged for $200.
I contacted them asking to cancel, as i found something similar and successfully received it from another merchant.
It is now January, still trying to dispute the charge. They are claiming the item was delivered. I have an email from them confirming my cancellation.
They don't answer calls. I was polite and nice in my inquiries.

"Impossible to reach a person. Promised to cancel order immediately after placed but made me pay for refund and restocking fee. Took a week to answer customer service email. No human on phone."

Bogus store

"This is not a real store. It is an internet front. Likely all the positive reviews below are fake. I ordered a set of Soma Fitesse EX tires, paid extra for 3-day shipping, and a week later order is still "processing." They do not have customer service, it is outsourced to a 3rd party that cannot help, and simply "refers" you to OutsideOutfitters customer care department. THIS IS NOT A REAL BUSINESS. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

money bye bye

"ordered product, paid for product, product BO, waited, no communication about expected ship date, canceled order, and after four months and repeated requests for refund still waiting. like to take the money, don’t like giving it back. CROOKS "

The absolute worst online merchant I've ever dealt with

"A December 27, 2017 Better Business Bureau press release title says it all: "BBB Warns Consumers Outside Outfitters LLC Fails to Deliver Goods, Refunds in Timely Fashion". The headline is a real understatement -- one unfortunate woman had to wait a year to receive a refund from Outdoor Outfitters!

What the press release doesn't mention is that if you do receive what you've ordered, it could arrive stinking of cigarette smoke, as did the product I ordered.

I find it incredible that this two-man company can remain in business. Read internet forums for the accounts of other shoppers, and you might be wondering the same.

This is the link to the BBB press release: https://www.bbb.org/en/us/article/news-releases/16706-bbb-warns-consumers-outside-outfitters-llc-fails-to-deliver-goods-refunds-in-timely-fashion

No contact

"I ordered a pair of gloves and a headlight/taillight set for a bicycle and paid for 3 day shipping. Six days later I emailed them as I had heard nothing. The next day I called their answering service. Still no contact concerning the order. There is no way to do a direct call to get an answer. When I ordered the site said everything was in stock. Frustrating."

BBB Gives then an “F”

"Worst online shopping experience I’ve ever had. If you ignore the ambiguous positive reviews probably posted by the company to make then look better, there is a pattern of complaints where they never ship the product and drag their heels on issuing refunds. The BBB has given these guys their worst possible rating, an F. I would avoid them, chances are that they will not ship your product and you will be forced to work with your credit card company to get a refund."

Complete failure.

"Waited almost 2 months for my order, nothing but excuses, they never had this part in stock, though they gave me several shipping dates, they always came back with more excuses. Now it's been another month, and still no refund. Taking a chance on these guys proved to be a mistake for me. I now have my card service AND the Missouri Attorney General involved. I can not recommend these guys for anything. They took my money, provided nothing, and now say they can't refund me for the order because they changed their card service provider. Complete fail. I just want my money back."

"F" score by the BBB-BUYER BEWARE

"Buyer Beware!!!! there is a reason this company has a score of "F" with the BBB. Worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I have never written a review good or bad , but dealing with Outside Outfitters has compelled me to, along with opening a dispute against them with my Credit Card and filing a complaint with the BBB. I wish I had done a little research before trying to save a few bucks. My experience is very similar to the ones already posted and yours will likely be the same if you make the same mistake of ordering from them. First, when you place an order your card will IMMEDIATELY BE CHARGED. Then the wait begins and more waiting still. Depending on how patient you are you will call asking for a status update, after all this is an item listed as in-stock(I waited 1 week with no status update). Here's where it gets bad.Perhaps the worst insult is this company's motto "Outside Outfitters, our business is customer service". Your call will be fielded by a third party message center operator who will take down your question or concern and give it to a "customer service representative"-your complaints will fall on deaf ears, they don't work at Outside Outfitters" they just take the messages as they will remind you. You might get a response from one of these customer service people letting you know they are experiencing extraordinary delays in the shipping warehouse, but they have "allocated" your order and will expedite it. Depending on how patient you are you will wait yet again (another week). Then you will probably look this company up and read some reviews that go like this and your stomach will sink a little bit. I placed my order on the 7th, cancelled it on the 21st and was told my refund was "confirmed" and had "entered their system", SCARY. I asked how long after a refund "entered their system" would it take to have the charge credited back to my account. The reply was they had "We recently changed credit card processing companies to expedite the issuance of refunds. We expect refunds to be completed within 2 - 3 days after entering our system. We have noted your inquiry in our file. "(from my email). This was on 11-21. It is now 12-07 a full 16 days later. The website looks legit but this business is NOT LEGIT! Do yourself a favor and pay a little more and go somewhere else- you don't need this headache."

Share Outside Outfitters's store rating

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Outside Outfitters is not a merchant member
Outside Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!