Stores > Opentip

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Opentip by clicking a star below.

Received Incorrect Items

"The picture on their website of the item I ordered was an old style tan petmate litter pan. This old style pan is no longer being manufactured and I needed this exact old style pan to fit the litter pan rims I currently have. I ordered 4 litter pans at $24.44 and paid the exorbitant shipping cost of $42.48 and a $2.25 handling fee. Outrageous but I really needed those old style pans. I received my order and what did they send me? The new style petmate litter pans which I could have bought at any local store for $24.00 with no outrageous shipping & handling fee. I contacted the company via their website to initiate a return and refund for the items and shipping fees. I received an e mail in the middle of the night that they only issue refunds on shipping costs if the mistake was on their end. There was no information regarding returning the incorrect items at all. I replied to their e mail that this was a mistake on their end as their website pictured a different item than the items I received and asked how I should proceed with a return. I have not heard back from them and I doubt this situation will ever be handled to my satisfaction. I will take this as a very expensive lesson learned and donate the 4 litter boxes to a local rescue group at a total cost of $69.97. I could have purchased 10 of these litter boxes locally for the same cost.

If you think you will have a better experience with this company than I did, my guess is you will not. My advice is not to purchase any thing at all from this company.

Company that doesnt care

"The order was processed and money removed from my account within 4 hours. The items were expected to be shipped next day (this was posted on the site)... 3 weeks later I receive an email stating "items delivered-please submit review"- I have not received it!?!!...... The email link back for the"review" did not work....and the "forget password"/account details link didn't work either- How do you send me an email stating item "delivered and submit a review" and the link doesn't work!??!!..

But anyway, I found a tracking number from an old email- I tracked it did show "delivered" - to a completely wrong address!! I contacted opentip via phone 2 different time- opentip stated: "we will get back to you within 1 to 2 weeks!?!!"- Really!?!! I then sent 2 diferent email to customer service, I finally received a good response!?!- The badly damaged box and items Arrived 3 days later?!?. The items were completely not usable-basically trash.

I did a followup email about the unacceptable delivery .....(I paid over $25 for shipping-it WAS NOT FREE)...Besides the long, long, long shipping times.. The merchandise was destroyed!?!! _ Another week goes by without any response from opentip!?!! I order the same item thru Amazon -the arrive as a promise from Amazon, no damage and on time!?!.

Opentip finally responds with "take pictures of the damages, original shipping boxes, item and such!?!!" -REALLY!?!? over a month after the original order - NOW you want pictures?!??? The shipping boxes have long been gone, the busted to hell products thrown out a month ago!?!! - They added, "so we can submit a claim to the carrier!?!" REALLY?!? Because of your choice (OPENTIP choice) of a crappy shipper. I have to wait again and again?!? The shipping charges of over $25 is excessive for the size and weight of the items, but also having it destroyed -Due to OPENTIPS poor packing skills and excessively late is JUST PLAIN BAD.

This was MY first and LAST ORDER from OPENTIP. The company does not understand whom the customer is and who works for whom!?!

Order Number #2906880

The customer service did follow up with emails re-requesting picture!?! Everything was trashed and i have bought the item thru Amazon!?! I am not saying this company is a scam- but they are close to it?!? I had been messing with this company long enough!?!! I just told them to "forget it'.....so funny- They responded very quickly to the "forget it request".....

Don't do business with them.

Awful customer service and awful product description

"I ordered a wine cabinet and did not get what I ordered, I then went to request a return and you have to inquire for one! Then I received an email from the customer support who tried to make it out like I was in the wrong for asking for a return...I will never ever purchase from them again and I will advise everyone I know against it as well! "

Waist of time!

"I ordered 4 shoe racks, after 2 weeks I called them and they had no idea what’s going on. Finally they said it shipped - after 25 days (!) I received 1 shoe rack... then another 3 calles to get a refund for the other 3 racks. What a waist of time, don’t bother"

Never sent, even though I spent

"Opentip.com ignored me from the very start. Opentip.com never shipped the item, but they processed it and charged me.

UPDATE for 12/9/17
They sent my merchandise overnight. I may have been a bit hasty with my opinion.

I had a bad experience with this company opentip.

"They sent me the wrong part and now they want me to pay the shipping fee.DO NOT chance any order with this place."

Scotty rod balancer

"Ordered from opentip specifically because they say item was in stock only for them to tell me the product wasn’t available from the mfg and it was on backorder.. checked the website and it still said they had 20 available in stock.. false advertisement! Shipping charges are outrageous as well! Customer service is terrible! Stay away from Opentip.. "

Told me to go screw myself

"Tried to return 3 items that were to large and they got back to 3 days later and told me they are non-refundable. When has anything ever been non-refundable. The purchase was for $50 dollars and they really wanted to keep it. This is the worst service ive ever seen. And i certainly wont order again from these people. Stay clear!!!!!"

Restocking fee

"I am a former Marine and I was looking for a fitted USMC hat, opentip was the only company that had one so I ordered it, when the hat arrived It did not fit and as it was already the smaller size I could not exchange it so I returned it not used. They do not refund shipping and charge a $5 restocking fee, which to me is just ridiculous on a $10 item. So with the original shipping charge and the return shipping I spent$19, my refund was $5. So essentially they got me for $15. I should have just donated the hat to a fellow veteran that was down on his luck. As far as I'm concerned they are a bunch of crooks."

Worst service ever

"I would give zero stars if that was an option I ordered a blanket three days after it was supposed to be delivered I called and asked where it was they told me it hadn't even shipped yet 3 weeks after I ordered the blanket I called and cancelled the order and I will never order anything from you guys again in my life"

HORRIBLE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!

"I was in rush to order few square pillar candles. i ordered them in all white. once they arrive, they are totally wrong item. THEY ARE ALL BLACK.

After speaking to their customer service, they dont seem to understand the mistake is from them. They want proof what they have sen me wrong item.

i ordered these candles for a surprise party. the party is done AND LONG GONE and i am still waiting on them to accommodate me.

Never Recieved Product

"Ordered a product for over $1750. They took the money out of my account quickly but I only received 1 of the 4 packages. All of my voicemails and emails are going un-replied.

Order from another company to save yourself the trouble. I have even submitted a formal complaint to BBB regarding this.

Poor screen print quality

"I ordered hats with a screen print. After washing (no scrubbing involved) I discovered their print fades substantially. They refused to offer a refund.
In addition, I had initially ordered one hat, so I could review the quality (just ok). After waiting and waiting for the product to arrive, I called to ask where it was. It sounded like my order was never processed.
Customers service is outsourced, so it is difficult to communicate with them.
I would not recommend using this company.

BEWARE: Poor customer service and delayed shipping

"I wish I would have read the reviews of Opentip prior to my purchase. I cannot speak to the quality of the items because by the time they arrived I no longer needed them and returned them unopened. However, the customer service was the worst I have dealt with - there is no phone number to speak to customer service and you can only email or fax. In my email communication, the representatives did not answer questions or address issues. Shipping speeds were awful - my order was in limbo for six days between Ohio and Michigan. I placed the order on 7/21 and was given an estimate of arrival of 7/27 or 7/28 - this was changed to 8/1 but the package did not arrive until 8/4/17. I went round in circles between the shipping handler (DHL), the USPS and Opentip and the only thing I received was frustration. I asked to have the original amount paid for shipping reimbursed and they refused. I asked to have my complaint reviewed by a manager and was ignored. I would suggest avoiding this company at all costs. "

Softball shirts

"Ordered shirts for a softball team. By the time the shirts arrived, the season was over! I inquired about the shipment a week after they were supposed to arrive, turns out they were sitting in a warehouse for 18 days. I was told they could have them delivered next day from that point, or I would get my money back.They went ahead and shipped them the cheapest way possible instead. Worst. Company. Ever!"

Share Opentip's store rating

Opentip is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Opentip is not a merchant member
Opentip does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!