Stores > Office Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Office Depot by clicking a star below.

"Ordered a desk....it was shipped in parts...some parts came one day the rest came another day! As we put the desk together we found that the drill hole was placed too close to the side of the desk and would not accommodate the screw with washer to fit properly. I called customer service, got INDIA....they don't give a crap! Told me to wait for an email. Got one from INDIA, didn't give a crap or response. Called to complain, got INDIA, put me on hold to transfer and never came back on the phone! Got no where! Called another phone number, got the Philippines. They did nothing as well. DO NOT SHOP HERE! GO TO A MORE RELIABLE RETAILER.....STAPLES....HAYNEEDLE.....WAYFAIR.....ANYWHERE BUT HERE! UNLESS YOU LOVE PROBLEMS THAT ARE NEVER RESOLVED!~"

Horrible Online Customer Service

"I wish I can give negative stars! The experience with not receiving my item and then not receiving my refund after over a month is ridiculous. I have tried calling, texting and emailing with the same response that someone would contact me...Nope!"

Horrible associates and managers

"Horrible!! I had an issue with a manager: he would not even look at me when he was talking to me so I couldn't get his name. So, I guess you can't look someone in the eye when u r talking to them. Anyway, I was furious considering what had happened to cause me to have to speak with him in the first place. I thought customer service was still a thing. GUESS NOT! That's not all. I wrote an email explaining my situation and received a quick response that my concerns would be sent to the store (Vine street in Kissimmee florida) and I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I waited three days since it was a weekend and heard nothing. I wrote again. Again i was assured that my concerns were now being sent to the district manager and not just the store. That was 5 days ago. I am not gonna stand to be ignored! That is not customer service and I'm not gonna accept it. No one should accept poor customer service!!! I'm gonna keep writing until I get a response. ! No wonder store managers don't know how to assist customers their managers done give a crap either!! DO NOT GO TO THE STORE ON VINE STREET IN KISSIMMEE FLORIDA. GO 2 MIlES AWAY TO THE ONE AT HUNTERS CREEK WHERE THEY APPRECIATE THEIR CUSTOMERS AND YOU R NOT TREATED LIKE CRAP!!"

ORDER NEVER SHIPPED - after almost 2 months waiting!

"I placed the order on 1/17/2018 with description that will be delivered on the 2/20/2018 - I agreed on the waiting time and placed the order...
on 2/20/18 the item still wasn't shipped so I reached out to the Office Depot assistance page, then we went back and forth how they can't get a word from the Vendor and need to wait more time...
then I followed up a week later, they said I need to wait more time, and once I receive my card that they'll give me 10% off what I've paid...
THEN They ignored my last 2 emails I tried to follow up!!!
Fast forward to 3/07/2018 I reached out to the LIVE CHAT option and I got this answer:
"""I am really sorry, I have further checked with our department and it is indicated the item has been discontinued and no longer available. However you have not been charged for this order and will be canceled and we can offer to search for an alternate item."""

What a great service a?... I waited for almost 2 months for this???
meanwhile the prices have changed on the graphic cards, and now this card is %40-%50 more than what it used to go for... NO WONDER WHY THEY DON'T WANT TO SHIP IT A?....

Refurbished laptop - warranty not honoured, no one takes accountability or willing to help

"I purchased a refurbished laptop computer. Had an issue with the laptop after 1 month. Called Office Depot who referred me to HP, who advised me that they would be happy to help as long as I pay. Advised them of my 1 year warranty. HP told me that to contact Office Depot again. Kept calling customer support and they also gave me the run around. Did not honor the one year warranty. No one seems to want to help, store with tech depot advised me that I was SOL. Contacted customer service several times, they tried to tell me my purchase only had a 14 day warranty, and two times wanted to force me to return the merchandise, which is NOT what I wanted to do. Luckily for me, laptop started working again after the battery ran out. Office Depot has very poor customer service, reps that don't know what they are doing, people who are unsympathetic. Will not buy any large ticket items from them again nor do I recommend anyone do so. I agree with previous person that they DO NOT stand behind their products, even when it is clearly stated in the description that the product was guaranteed with a one year manufacturers warranty."

Rocklin, CA

Got the Run Around

"I purchased a refurbished desk top computer for my business. Hard drive crashed after 7 months. Office Depot gave me nothing but the run around. Did not honor the one year warranty. Contacted customer service several times, they tried to tell me my purchase only had a 30 day warranty, and two times connected me to Dell to try and get them to honor the warranty.
Office Depot is not a reliable company to purchase your electronics from. They DO NOT stand behind their products, even when it is clearly stated in the description that the product was guaranteed with a one year manufacturers warranty.

Will never order anything from them on-line again

"I ordered 45 file boxes on line on 1/24/18. The box I originally wanted, was on sale for $7, but out of stock, so I found another box for $8/box. The web site DID NOT say this 2nd box was out of stock, so I ordered and my card was charged immediately with a delivery date of 1/31. On 1/31/18, I received an e-mail that my order was delayed because the items were out of stock. WHAT!? I specifically ordered that item because the website said they were in stock. I contacted CS and was assured by Victor Kiesler the items would be restocked by 2/6 and shipped to me. 2/6 has come and gone with no boxes and no update. I got on line and checked this morning, 2/12/18; the website says it's not even processing. So I contacted CS again. They said 16 boxes were still out of stock and would be restocked 2/13. I asked if they could provide a similar box for the same price to complete my order, as, come Wednesday, it will be 3 weeks since I placed my order. No dice; offered me a $15.49/box w/ a 20% discount. At 12.39/box, I can go anywhere. Left it at - if the boxes were not received by the end of the week, I will be going elsewhere. If you expect your item(s) in a reasonable amount of time, I do not recommend Office Depot/Max."

New Refurbish Desktop from JOYSYSTEMS

Ordered a desktop and it looks and works great.
Delivered on time and plug & play set up.
Great price also. A real great buy.

Getting refund becomes a part time job, lasting months

"I ordered an office chair online. It was delivered to me. I opened the box. The chair seat was torn. I called the next day to initiate a return for defective item. I was told that the carrier (Office Depot contracts these deliveries and pick ups out) would be there on Friday. I waited for the carrier. My husband had moved the large box to the bottom of our driveway in case there was a large truck that could not access our driveway. No one showed. On Monday, when I was not there, the carrier showed up and then contacted me subsequently. I arranged another date for pick up. The driver forgot to come to my address so they tried to set up another day. I asked them if someone else could pick it up. Another driver in the area came and picked it up, saying the company was a bit of a mess. So initiated return 12/7. Chair picked up 12/21. I have contacted Office Depot twice as I have still (as of 1/17) not received the significant refund for this chair. I was told on 1/17 they haven't even received the chair. (But is this my fault? I don't have it. Their carrier has it.) Each time I call for a refund they say to refund my credit card will take 7-10 business days. Never mind that at Target or Lowe's the refund is immediate---7 to 10 days?? At any rate, I wait and only after yet another 7-10 days do I find out NOTHING has happened and I am still missing my money. The credit card has already cycled once and I had to pay extra because I did not get the refund for the chair. I would never buy anything from them again other than maybe a notebook at a store. Do not buy anything to be shipped freight or you could be in for a new second job trying to get things straightened out when they have failed you."

Absolutely terrible experience

"I purchased a TV on October 1st. Waited over month and then had my order canceled because item was suddenly no longer in stock. Contacted OD to express my disappointment. Was told that the TV would be back in stock 7 to 14 days and that they would honor the sale price I purchased the TV at.

I contacted OD after 14 days when the TV was still not back in stock. Was then told that the TV would be back in stock in 3 to 5 weeks. So I waited again.

After a month I contacted OD again. This time they said the TV was not in stock and was never going to be. I explained that I had waited now almost 3 months for the TV. The representative told me that she would forward my information to the customer affairs department and someone would reach out to me in 2 to 3 business days.

After waiting another 2 weeks, and not hearing from anyone from OD, I called OD to see what was going on and what could be done. The representative I spoke to was not helpful and basically told me that there was nothing that could be done for me.

I will never shop or buy anything from OD again because of this experience. I don't know if a company has ever treated me so poorly.

Horrible Experience. Employees Retaliate If A Customer Complains.

"Office Depot does not have an order fulfillment center. Online orders are picked and packed for delivery at their retail stores. The order I received was horribly packed. There was no packing material in the main shipping box and my merchandise was pummeled along its entire delivery route. The second package I received had its contents protruding from the shipping package upon arrival. I ordered a replacement for the product in the second box and had the representative add notes to the replacement order requesting that the merchandise be better packed. The employees at the store that shipped the order didn't like this a retaliated in a disgusting manner. This type of employee behavior is a hallmark of an organization with horrible management. The company's inventory tracking is so bad that their customer service representatives don't even know what was shipped to fulfill orders. Stay away from Office Depot!"

Return Policy

"Always ALWAYS get a printed receipt. Don't have it emailed.

I wanted to return Office Depot Envelopes that were purchased from Office Depot and were the Office Depot brand. They scanned the box and said "they must be on sale so you don't have a receipt so you don't get your full money back". They weren't on sale. We had purchased them less than 24 hours before. They refused to look anywhere, check into anything..... they were just "too busy" .

Also, stay away from the Snarky Spoiled Brat Pack in Westminster, Colorado near 88th and Sheridan.

ALWAYS print your receipt!!

Why aren't they out of business?

"Placed an order for a TV. The website showed the order won't be completed for a month. I was worried for a moment but the free gift that came with the order got shipped out to me immediately so I assumed the order is good. So I waited patiently. Right before the order completion date I contacted Office Depot since there is no movement on the order still. They said they will contact the vendor. And a day later they came back to me and cancelled my order with the reason "this order was not transmitted properly to the vendors system". I waited for a month and they just gave me that as an excuse. As I was waiting for this order to go through, I missed many other good TV deals. And today I still don't have a TV."

Refund never issued

"I purchased a backpack online and had it shipped. No problem. Decided that I didn't like the backpack and brought it to the local Office Depot to return. The store refused to accept the return, stating that they could not return items purchased on-line that were not stocked in the store. This is in direct opposition to the policy stated on officedepot.com, and is in fact correct.

So, I got a return label and had it shipped back to Office Depot. No problem again. Received an e-mail that the backpack had been received and the refund wold be issued.

Two months later the refund still has not been received.

Quickly shipped correct item

"ordered a price sticker gun and got it quickly. Thanks"

Share Office Depot's store rating

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!