Stores > Office Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
Voice your opinion! Review Office Depot by clicking a star below.
2017-10-31

Why aren't they out of business?

"Placed an order for a TV. The website showed the order won't be completed for a month. I was worried for a moment but the free gift that came with the order got shipped out to me immediately so I assumed the order is good. So I waited patiently. Right before the order completion date I contacted Office Depot since there is no movement on the order still. They said they will contact the vendor. And a day later they came back to me and cancelled my order with the reason "this order was not transmitted properly to the vendors system". I waited for a month and they just gave me that as an excuse. As I was waiting for this order to go through, I missed many other good TV deals. And today I still don't have a TV."

2017-10-25

Refund never issued

"I purchased a backpack online and had it shipped. No problem. Decided that I didn't like the backpack and brought it to the local Office Depot to return. The store refused to accept the return, stating that they could not return items purchased on-line that were not stocked in the store. This is in direct opposition to the policy stated on officedepot.com, and is in fact correct.

So, I got a return label and had it shipped back to Office Depot. No problem again. Received an e-mail that the backpack had been received and the refund wold be issued.

Two months later the refund still has not been received.

2017-10-23

Quickly shipped correct item

"ordered a price sticker gun and got it quickly. Thanks"

2017-09-25

Ordered an ink cartridge, received a box of Crayola crayons instead

"I placed an order for a Brother ink cartridge worth over $40 and was sent a $3.95 box of crayons. When I called about the mistake I was told to repackage the crayons (no return label provided) and leave them out for a delivery service pick up--and once it was received back they would correct their mistake and send me the ink I needed! I refused to take the extra steps to do that for something so inexpensive and to have to wait that much longer for the ink I truly needed when it should have already been received. They then had to cancel the original ink order and resubmit it in order for the ink order to go through. "

2017-09-22

Empty package

"I ordered one item. The package arrived on time, but when I received the package, the item was not in it. Just an invoice, a packing slip and a catalog. Who is running the shipping department? Aren't orders checked before they go out?"

2017-09-14

Worst company I've ever dealt with.

"This company is the worst that I've ever dealt with on both the corporate and local level. I had an associate order 2 items in the store for me on 8/20. Well I never received them because the cashier sent them to some other address. To add insult to injury I still have not received my refund and it's been nearly a month. To make things even better, office depot employees even decided to comment on a status on my personal social media page, people that I do not even know. Useless company. I've reported them to several places and will continue to tell everyone how useless this company really is. "

2017-08-18

Buyer Beware

"This is by far the worst customer service I've dealt with in my life. I placed an order for a desktop computer on Tuesday (8-15-17) which was supposed to arrive the next day. When the computer didn't come by the end of the day, I checked the tracking page on their site and it showed it was still in transit. So I monitored it throughout Wednesday and it still shows in transit with estimated time of arrival and it never showed. I stayed home both days. I checked again Thursday morning and it was still in transit so I called the 800 number and it tells me it was still in transit. I requested an agent and Mai got on the phone, the first question she asked me after reviewing my information was "do you still want this item?". When I said yes, she said that she will have to reorder the item because the contractor stated that he came and he couldn't get in, meanwhile the website said it was still in transit. When I questioned her facts, she gave no indication that she wanted to figure out why that was happening. She offered to reorder it and I would receive it Friday (8-18-17) which is today. I checked this morning and the order was cancelled, I called customer service again and Maria answered and asked me the same question "do you still want this item?" when I said yes she told me that it was cancelled because it wasn't approved. The only thing she can do is forward it to customer relations. I questioned her about her facts again and I got nowhere. About an hour and half later Ethan from customer relations left me a voicemail saying the order is cancelled and refunded because there were two failed delivery attempts. If I want the item, I have to reorder it. I jumped on their chat line looking find contacts of someone in charge, Retchie came on with the same guarantee that other thoughtless and careless reps made. My advice, DON'T DO IT, I'm frustrated and ****. Go for companies that can deliver across the board. OfficeDepot is not on of them. "

2017-08-10

bait and switch

"Buying online can be liberating, but at Office Depot is a waste of precious time."

2017-08-05

So

"I made 2 orders the 1st arrived on time the 2nd I ordered 2 things and asked if they can be delivered after12pm because of back to school day so as i was leaving at 9:45am 1 item came but not the other although I asked for both to be delivered after 12pm my 2nd order never came that day and I called 3 times the last time they told me it will be here tomorrow which is today it is 11:57am now so i called them and they said its not coming until monday now im disturbed and i will never order fron here again "

2017-07-30

Liar Company and Worse Experience EVER!!!

"Ordered a $200 gift card through officedepot.com but the order was never shipped while my credit card charged. And Customer service kept lying to me.
July 16, order placed for a $200 gift card through officedepot.com and got an email confirmation. In the next few days I got a few so called "order updates" email which demonstrated their online order history page is a total mess and their order confirmation is merely a joke. On July 21 still not received my order so I called customer service the first time and asked for status. The customer service representative informed me the order was not shipped at all because the "the carrier that they didn't receive the shipment.Hence, we have reshipped those items for you. The confirmation # for the reshipment is 945562633-001. The order will be delivered on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM to your location." The quoted part was from a service request email response (see attached). So I actually believed what they told me about the shipment of my order. During the second round of waiting, I called twice and both times the representative told me the order was on the way and I should definitely receive it on July 25.

However, on July 25, I still haven't receive anything from them so I chatted with the customer representative again and found out the order was never shipped at all. Can you believe that????? After days of being lied to by a business like this, they never shipped my item but still charged my credit card!!! I attached the chat history on July 25 as well to see how terrible this company is.

This is my first time I shopped online at OfficeDepot and will be my last time. And I still haven't received my refund for this never-shipped order and I have to waste my time tracking if my money was back.

2017-07-11

Won't Use Again

"Ordered several hundred dollars of spiral bound books. Items arrived missing plastic covers. Contacted customer service via chat - they said customer service would respond in 4 hours. Next day (16 hours later), no message, so chat again. Later they call and say tough luck - not our problem. The order confirmation contained no detail - these were extra heavy paper, spiral bound, black linen backing and clear plastic cover. If the details were in the confirmation, I would have noted the covers missing. Further, if they had offered to correct the items and send me new ones, I would have been blown away and likely give them 5 stars. Frankly, if they offered for me to pay to ship them back so they put the covers on and charge me for the covers (assuming they did not already do so), that would have seemed a reasonable compromise. But to stick me with the problem stinks and rates a flat zero. So long Office Depot. Your customer service **** and I'm moving on. BTW, I explained all this to the customer service rep when she called, so it's not like they don't know this is going on."

2017-07-04

First and last time

"All I am going to say is I was over charged I have a receipt to prove it and I am asking for the money to be returned and I am getting the run around. $57.76 is a lot less than $119.82. I want my money back your company is full of thieves. "

2017-06-14

Bait and Switch

"Tried to order item # 196553 chair sale price on 1st screen 59.99 go to 2nd screen price jumps to 79.99 bait and switch,great way to PO a customer"

2017-06-11

They kill poor homeless cats

"Use to work there but they threatened me every day I be fired for feeding homeless cats. Never new how rude they were till they started killing cats with poison. Very mean company they ****☹️"

2017-06-10

bad store policies

"My canon printer died and I bought another. The new printer did not use the same ink cartridges. So I went to the Office Depot store where I bought my ink cartridges and wanted to exchange them. Since it had been awhile since I bought them and did not expect my printer to die ...I had not kept the receipt.
So the customer service manager - George Ritter - told me that would not work. Office Depot will only give you a very much discounted price for whatever you bring back...even if you want to exchange for store products.
So I will be taking my business to Best Buy from now on.

Share Office Depot's store rating

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!