Product & services pricing 3.13/10
Customer service: 4.17/10
Return/Replacement policy: 2.50/10
2018-05-10

Aweful Shipping

"Nordstrom is supposed to be a reseller of high end/designer items and therefore charge a premium for the level of items they sell. Unfortunately their service does not warrant the outrageous prices they charge. In a day and age where I can order an item from Amazon and have it shipped to me the next day - to watch 5 business days pass without so much as an update on where my item is or why it has not even been processed is outrageous.

I've had parcels shipped from hong kong faster. Do not purchase online if you expect prompt shipping. You've been warned.

2018-03-23

Nordstrom Customer Service - No Bueno

"I bought a sweater and a necklace online at Nordstrom.com and chose to send it directly to my daughter as a gift for Valentine's Day since she was away at college. When she received the items, the gift message was not in the box and she received a necklace that said "Babe," which is obviously not what I chose. She had no idea who sent the gift to her and was creeped out that someone would send that to her without sending a note. I called the customer service number and was told that the necklace needed to be sent back before they would send her the correct one or that I needed to pay for another necklace to be sent and then I would get a refund for the second payment. I asked for them to wait until the necklace was returned. If the necklace was not in stock, I asked that a gift card for that amount be sent to her instead. She sent the necklace back a few days later. It is now 6 weeks later and she has received neither the gift card nor the correct necklace. I called to find out what was going on and was told that the necklace was not in stock, so they refunded the money. I asked why this was not communicated and what happened to the gift card, the person I spoke with said there was no record of my asking for a gift card. I asked why I was not contacted to be told about this situation and she said, "We don't call customers at 6:00 in the morning." I told her that was a ridiculous thing to say, especially since they had my email address. Then, she said an email was sent to me, but I have still not received it almost 1 month later. She sent it to me 2 more times, stating they only communicate through email, while I was on the phone with her and I never received any emails. When I informed her of this, she said that some internet providers automatically send email from Nordstrom to the spam folder and it doesn't make it to the customer. I told her that was a good reason not to have email as your only means of communication. Long story short, I am extremely disappointed in the customer service provided by Nordstrom in this situation and my daughter missed out on part of her Valentine's Day gift because of a Nordstrom error. "

2018-03-23

They will double charge every purchase and hold your money for days or weeks.

"I ordered 3 items and my card was charged for all items. Once one of my items shipped, my card was charged again for that item. Another shipped and I was charged yet again. Essentially I was double charged for my purchases and for days was almost overdrawn on my checking account because they do refund the first hold on your debit card, but not until they double charge you.

I called the customer service line and was informed that yes, this is the business practice. They charge double what you authorized on your card with no regard if you have other automatic bills coming from your account, need to buy other things, etc.

Nordstrom actually has a policy that says that they are supposed to keep charging as items ship. A cheap tactic to keep as much of your money as they can for as long as they can. I will never shop there again.

2018-03-09

Very reliable

"Over 3 weeks I ordered about 15 dresses to try before my daughters wedding and only kept two (I loved them both and really could not make up my mind!). Shipping was fast and accurate and I was refunded immediately as soon as they received the returns. The same month, I was in a store to pick a bow-tie for my husband and explained to the salesman that I was buying 3 so that he could choose but that I would return 2 of them a few days later. The salesman was very gracious about it and helped me pick the ones that would make the most sense given my explanations. Wonderful experience!"

2018-02-07

Worst customer service ever!!!!

"This is by far the worst customer service ever. I’ve been having problems with my orders lately. Waited 2 weeks for my item to even be shipped out then says my item was delivered. I have not received my item so I called customer service. She was an idiot and didn’t understand anything I was saying and would not do anything about it! Terrible! "

2017-12-28

Worst customer service yet

"Line got transferred 3 times, then the last lady just passed the phone to someone else after saying "Well what do you want us to do about it" after I asked for advice on defective products. The last lady gave me sweet suggestions and was the only helpful one. Please raise standards when hiring customer service representatives, anywhere I worked I'd be fired if I talked like the Nordstrom customer service."

2017-11-18

Worst experience I had in a long time.

"Worst experience I had in a long time. Everything went wrong from the order to return and exchange. And the customer service was completely incompetent. Goodbye Nordstrom, Hello Amazon and Co."

2017-11-17

Customer service (after UPS dropped the ball)

"When my order didn't arrive instead of giving me the runaround she asked if I would like a replacement or refund. The customer service rep kept it short sweet and to the point, I have had SOOOOOO many negative experiences when a shipping company miss delivers I was not expecting this to be any different. (The woman who helped me was Nakeyda Y.) I am going to be going out of my way to shop at Nordstroms this Christmas."

2017-09-13

Very very bad shipping experience and customer service

"I placed an order with Nordstrom and they take like already 1 weeks for processing and another week for shipping. It's even later than what to expect. Contact customer service and they not seem try to help at all, What they response is just like "Sorry, I can't help" "Sorry, impossible".
I think they only do business for profit and what make their company and employee easy. They won't try to help your problem out. They doesn't cart. Only make order if you make order a few feet from their warehouse: or the delivery might take longer than NASA put human on the moon, and don't expect their customer service will try to solve your problem. Very very bad experience.

2017-08-14

Horrible customer service

"Purchased a beauty collection set and was told I would be receiving a free gift with purchase. When received, no gift was included. I contacted customer care asking what happened. They said it was their mistake and that they would not do anything about it. If I really wanted to, I could return product. So their mistake is my problem. Dismissive and wasteful. I will never shop at Nordstrom again."

2017-08-09

Charged credit card twice !!!!

"I'm not an online shopper but WOW charged me once $515, shipping and duty only $6.58 then AGAIN for $312 and sent an item listed on the first receipt to be shipped separately so it has an extra shipping charge of $28?!? What on earth is going on at this "high end" retail store. This is beyond unprofessional!!!! Shame on them. The second I receive everything I'm sending it all back. Not even opening the package. Terrible. NEVER shopping here again and spreading the word!!!"

2017-05-31

Horrible customer service ::: charged 3x for one wallet.

"Long story short, Nordstrom failed to process a return, and also charged me for a wallet we never received. Four months later the wallet is sent and the return processed. A month later I have yet another charge on my card that had to be sorted out by a manager and 30 minutes more of my time. Never again. Customer service should of A) apologized B) offered some kind of courtesy. If I hadn't kept a close watch on my charges I would have been charged almost $200 for nothing. Livid about this. Won't use them again. Never. "

2017-03-08

I cut up my Nordstroms card after 40 years.

"In spite of the carefully scripted answers given when asked why I was closing my Nordstrom account, when I responded it was because of the discontinuance of Ivanka's clothing line, I did not buy it, because other reputable sources say her line is selling better than ever. Up 300%!
There should never have been a political motivation for this and it disappoints me that they would use political motives to oenalize the daughter of a president. I have shopped at Nordstrom and sang their praises in all of my public speaking about great customer service for almost 40 years. I will never spend another dollar there again.

2017-02-13

Online Customer Service Fail

"Something was not processing properly in my online purchases, particularly at the step one completes to add a new method of payment to their account, my efforts were for some reason stuck and not proceeding after I clicked on the "add payment" button (or whatever its called), without any error messaged display or prompts. As I have already picked out near 300 CAD worth of stuff I needed, I was committed to figuring out what was wrong so I could wear my cute new dresses. After seeking help from the chat, patiently explaining all the steps I have taken to reach the state I was in, I was ultimately told to just try again at another time, with no explanation as to why this might be happening or suggestions that could overcome the problem.. when I had already confirmed with the bank there were no reasons that would be happening.

When I called the customer service line, I was told it would have to be processed with a USA issued credit card... a little dumbstruck, I inquired as to why, as there are options of "Canada" as the billing address. But I was told again that would be impossible. When I inquired how could it be possible then as a holder of a Canadian issued credit card to make purchases on the "nordstromrack" site, she told me flat out it would be impossible.

I found this baffling, as it was listed Visa and Mastercard were acceptable payments. So I gave them an email, more so out of curiosity and to provide them with feedback, if Canadian issued cards were not accepted properly or parts of their service teams were missing some links.

I later received an email confirming they do accept Canadian issued Visa and Mastercards. I was unable to reply to ask how to best proceed as it seems my email was blocked... even though the email to me finished with a invitation "Thank you for your time. Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with..."

The experience was irksome and fruitless. I would love to see an improvement to their online customer support. All in all I found it really surprising, as I was someone with more then the sufficient funds, throwing money at the company.

2017-02-03

Done with Nordstroms

"Once a retailer becomes political, I am done with them."

Share Nordstrom's store rating