Stores > Newegg.com (USA)
  • Newegg.com (USA Newegg.com (USA) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.78/10 8.78/10
Voice your opinion! Review Newegg.com (USA) by clicking a star below.
2018-01-09

First Class Customer Service (To fix my user error)

"I inadvertently purchased an OEM copy of Windows 10, only to have no success going through Microsoft or any online forum to make the license usable. After 10- minutes on the phone with a Newegg rep, Mack M, and a 4 hour wait, I received the correct key I had intended to purchase and one of the best service experiences of my life.
Thanks again Mack!

Great Customer Service Assistance

"The online-chat person Charlie R. went above and beyond assistance with a cable I had bought from newegg to complement my new desktop and monitor purchased from newegg very recently. My family and I have been newegg customers for years and will continue to do so. Thanks again Charlie R. for your time and patience."

Always great Service

"Newegg always has great service, and I had an issue that I forgot to add a promo code to my order, after contacting their customer service it was not an issue they added a note for the credit and once my invoice came in I contacted them again and they credited the promo code to my account with no issues at all.

It only took about 10 total mins to take care of this issue.

Sent back GPU under "replacement only" policy

"Bought a card in late November, and had to send it back because it developed a defective fan bearing after about a month's use. Since all of their video cards have "replacement only" under the warranty/returns sections, I figured all was good since I wanted a replacement card.

Instead, I received an email they were going to refund me instead, and they wouldn't let me wait for replacement stock to come in. Of course, GPU prices and availability have become horrible over the last couple of months, so I am pretty much out of luck on finding a new card. If I had know they weren't going to follow their "replacement only" policy, I would have RMA'd it MSI instead. I couldn't get the card sent back to me to have that option either.

The reason I give them 2 stars is at least they agree to credit me for the "free" gaming code they emailed me (never used), instead of keeping my card and keeping $40 for it. I've been a long-time customer, but I just can't rate them any higher than a 2 on this, as 3 would mean "I'm somewhat satisfied", and I'm definitely not.

**1-10-2018 UPDATE**

A supervisor called me from Newegg, and they are going to get my card replaced once they get more stock in at the price I originally bought it for. That's all I wanted, and so I'm going to change my review from a 2-star to a 4-star (still knocking off one star because it was a lot of work on my end to get this fixed).

Payment Issues

"Ms. Perez was so kind in assisting me with a payment issue I had on my end and was able to remedy it immediately. Her patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Sometimes things happen beyond our control but having an Excellent Customer Service Representative such as Ms. Perez makes a big difference in one's day. Thank you Ms. Perez!"

reseller problem

"reseller sent wrong item, then did not have correct item in stock. item sent was a much cheaper item ordered but charged for more expensive item. still trying to get my refund. when refund process started only approved item cost. took another 10 days to get approval for sales tax. never had anything like this from amazon, e-bay or many other sellers."

Billing problem resolved

"Spoke with Drew today regarding a security issue with a credit card order. He was extremely helpful, patient and courteous and resolved the issue for me. This customer will keep coming back. Thanks!"

negative experience

"Horrible, unprofessional customer service. Newegg getting more and more complacent and service degrading year after year. Was buying from them for almost 20 years, no more... out of 12 items I ordered last time 3 is not working and part of the shipment was lost in transit.
After 2 month still not resolved.

Good/helpful customer support

"Representative "Apple H" is very nice, patient, helpful ..... 5-star service!"

2018-01-08

6 weeks and still waiting...

"Ordered a television on Nov. 27th, black Friday. Received the wrong television, twice! After the second, they said they would need to investigate before sending out a third. Well I helped them uncover an error in their warehouse labeling they told me, apparently they didn't have the model I ordered at all, but they would send me out a replacement. And the replacement's normal cost was three dollars less than what I already paid! The model I ordered on Black Friday represented a $600 savings. When I pointed this out, they included a $100 gift card. So their still ahead $500 on their Black Friday bait and switch. And it's January 8th and I still haven't gotten my downgraded television. Supposedly sent on Jan. 4 but AIT and even Neweggs tracking show nothing. So now they submit an internal warehouse ticket and my wait continues. I've already submitted formal complaints to the California and Iowa Attorney Generals, and will continue to do so until this matter is resolved fairly. I've saved a ridiculously long email chain with supervisor Cody L., and it does not look good for Newegg."

Customer Service - Above and Beyond

"I've been shopping at Newegg.com for over 15 years and have never had an issue with their products. Shipping has always been fast, and parts have always been working. During that time I've built at least one full system per year, as well as many single upgrades (graphics cards, etc).

For Christmas this year, I purchased a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM for my son's computer.... and finally ran into problems.

One of the RAM sticks tested bad, The CPU fan was DOA, and the Mainboard must have had something bad, because even after changing to clean, working RAM from my own PC, and installing an aftermarket cooler that I had for the CPU... after about 3-5 minutes of running, the Mainboard would cut off all external inputs... Video, USB, Ethernet, WiFi... everything dead.... but the computer was still on and running, fans spinning, etc.

I got in contact with Support and was Issued an RMA... ( I've only ever had 1 other RMA, for a Router that was damaged in shipping) ... and I THOUGHT they supplied a prepaid UPS label, but I couldn't remember for sure and didn't receive one in my email, just instructions for packing and shipping the RMA (which mentioned nothing about a prepaid label)... so ... I waited until payday and paid out of pocket to ship the parts back.

Well, another problem came up... I just shipped the box this morning (Jan. 8th) and my paper says the RMA expires on the 10th. The package isn't going to be delivered to the service center until the 12th. So I come home and log into my Newegg in order to contact support... I click on the Returns tab to copy my RMA number and low and behold, I see a button that says "click here to create shipping label" or something similar. GREAT! So not only is my return going to arrive late, but I paid for the shipping when I didn't have to. This day just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, So I contacted Support via Web Chat, and I was connected with a representative named Lainey G.

I explained what was going on and that I was worried about the RMA expiring before the parts arrive. I also casually mentioned that, in my stupidity, I didn't discover the prepaid shipping label before I went and paid for shipping out of my own pocket. I didn't really EXPECT them to do anything about that, truly, but I had some small modicum of hope that they might.

The representative assured me that my parts wouldn't arrive late, and informed me that the RMA would not expire until the 27th. They didn't specify if that was their internal date, or if they applied some type of extension, and frankly, I didn't care either way... so long as I didn't have to worry about the RMA being rejected.

Then the Rep went on to ask me to take a picture of the shipping receipt and send it to them via email. So I did that, after a few issues and interruptions, which the rep remained very patient throughout. Once I sent the email, they left to check it... and when they came back, announced that they were going to refund the shipping charges to my credit card.... wait, WUT!?

Simply amazing. almost any other company out there would have been like "too bad, so sad... don't let the chat window close on your keyboard", or whatever, and the Newegg rep was just all nonchalant like "Dude, your RMA is fine, and btw here's the cash back for your shipping charges... sorry you had to pay out of pocket for that, is there anything else I can help you with?"

Great service, top tier as far as I'm concerned. Other companies could learn a thing or ten from Newegg!

-D

Texas
2018-01-08

Returning a Christmas gift.

"Purchased a GeForce GTX 1060 as a gift for my son and the card was defective. Due to our holiday travel and the lapsed time from purchase, I was unable to do a traditional return. After chatting with the RMA department, everything was sorted out and a RMA number was generated to return the defective card. All in all a pleasant experience. Thank you Antoinette!"

Terrible Customer Service

"I ordered an optiplex 790 intel core i7 on new egg and it was supposed to be delivered within 3-5 business days but instead it was delivered on the 7th business day after I ordered it. The price of the product was 189 dollars plus 13 dollars tax and 4.99 shipping. When I received the computer, I saw on the receipt that newegg has charged me 19.99 for shipping. The computer was supposed to have a windows 10 pro on it, and it does. But there is no product key to activate the windows. I get it it's a refurbished PC and I'm okay with the fact that it makes a lot of noise (possibly because of the terribly positioned fan on the motherboard). It is not acceptable that the windows on this computer is not genuine. I tried to send messages to newegg and it failed. I tried to call newegg customer service and after the robot asked me a billion questions, they put me on hold for a trillion hours. This whole thing has wasted so much of my time that I can no longer tolerate any of it. I am going to return this product and I will probably never order anything from newegg anymore. They better give me a full refund. Great story yayyyy!!!

2018-01-07

ALWAYS the very best service from Newegg!

"I stay loyal to Newegg just because of the great customer service. It is nice to know that they not only stand behind their products, but care about the happiness of their customers."

2018-01-07

"I shop a lot at Newegg, and have had few problems. my last shipment thru DHL to USPS was marked delivered and I did not receive it. I used the callback for customer service and got a call within 30min from Drew. He was very professional in checking, verifying and resolving my delivery problem. it's because of employees like Drew that I shop at Newegg, who make you feel like you matter."

Share Newegg.com (USA)'s store rating

Newegg.com (USA) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.com (USA) is a merchant member
Newegg.com (USA) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,494 merchant members.