Product & services pricing 0.71/10
Shipping & packaging: 0.36/10
Customer service: 0.36/10
2018-07-31

How do they get away with calling themselves a nursery?!?!

"Best I can tell, they’re marking up plants from other nurseries AND get those nurseries to ship them. My order came from 2 different locations. I looked them up. it's real nurseries where you can buy the same darn plants for a LOT less online. Looked up the Nature hills address on the website, no wonder they won't take returns. It's just offices. No fields or plants. I hate that I fell for there slick marketing. "

2018-07-31

Nature Hills replacement policy

"I ordered 2 hybrid willows in early 2017-both were fully leafed and planted within 3-4 hours of receipt. 1 is still growing well and the other grew in 2017, but did not come back in 2018, after a hard winter (in MN). I asked for a replacement under their 1 year warranty, paid the asked half-price and received a tree (without leaves or any sign of life) June 12, 2018. It also was planted within 3-4 hours of receipt. Since it had no leaves, I took a couple pictures, as proof. June 29th, I asked for a replacement (Barry) and was told since it was a "bare root" plant, to wait awhile. On July 29th, I took more pictures and again asked for a replacement. Now, Barry tells me I would have had to protest within 48 hours of receipt ("We do need to know within 48 hours of receipt if you are not satisfied with the product due to damage or suspected non-viability").

Do not buy from these people, they ship dead product and do not stand behind their stated replacement policy.

2018-07-23

Trees arrived dead - do not use Nature HIlls

"Two maple trees ordered.
Both arrived dead.
Planted anyway.

Barry from Nature hills mentioned they would ship a replacement in a week.
Then when I followed up, they said they are on a shipment hold due to summer weather. (Thought summer would be a good time to ship)
Then asked for a refund, and they said they can't do refunds on a "reship" when I talked to Julia.

Both Barry and Julia appear to be making false empty promises as nothing has been done by Nature Hills and it has been a month since I raised this issue up to them, immediately after delivery and with picture evidence.

2018-07-22

Swindlers!

" I wish I had found these reviews before I ordered. I spent $140 getting trees that I could tell were not viable when they were shipped. I contacted the company but they simply told me they needed to break dormancy and 6 to 8 weeks. Foolishly I planted them and spent the summer watering them. When it was clear that they were not going to live, I contacted the company again and they told me I could have $120 credit but they no longer had the plants I wanted. Also, to be able to use the $120 I have to pay an additional $30 of shipping! I have never felt so swindled out of money and time!"

2018-07-16

Dead before it was even planted

I have ordered a plant/Shrub for $86.90 from Nature hills that arrived dead and soil all over container and shipping box. We contacted customer service and stated that we would receive a credit. When checking with credit card company we found that credit was not issued. In calling nature hill customer service they advised us that they will not issue a credit for the plant. They did not even offer a partial credit. This is the first and last time we will be ordering from you. We are totally disappointed and will not recommend anyone to order plants or shrubs from this establishment.

2018-07-13

THEY ARE HORRIBLE! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

"a tiny box of plants for $200. NO RETURNS!!!! Please know that there are ZERO RETURNS and your plants will be VERY SMALL! I live on an island and thought that it would be easier to order the plants. What a mistake and I should have read the reviews before ordering. The plants are so young and the return policy for the warranty is VERY deceptive. You will not have your plants replaced, you will ONLY have them replaced at 1/2 of the current selling price a year later........ LESSON LEARNED"

2018-07-11

I would give 0 stars if I could

"Ordered 3 trees barefoot. The redbud was dead on arrival. Had to submit a photo to get approved in order to get a replacement. Took a week to get the photo approved, Replacement was sent out-not a redbud but a viburnum seedling. Complained and was told the correct replacement needed to be approved. Followed up 3 times until finally told no more redbuds in stock-the week before they had them and they would issue a store credit. I want a refund and have disputed this charge with my credit card company.

Moral of the story-expensive sub par plants that are dead or not hearty and bogus scammy policies. AVOID>

2018-05-30

Bad return policy

"I bought three Eastern redbuds bare-root to plant in November the root system was nonexistent in two of The Three Trees. Naturally those trees were dead in the spring. Nature Hills would only give 50% refund plus charge you full price to ship new ones out. Not worth it."

2018-05-29

Dead Trees

"Order 2 trees with a cost of over $120.00. They were dead!!!! They said they would replace them for a cost and shipping. Really! Never again"

2018-05-20

Like to mail you dead plants!

"Ordered tree for $76 received dead stick!"

2018-05-16

Total scammers!!

" They send me a $30 plant that is half rotted, pathetically small, and something I wouldn’t have paid $2 if I had seen it first. When I complained with photos, they came back and said that their horticulturist said it is just fine and refused to credit or replace. I was so surprised at their horrible service I asked them to cancel the rest of my order. They just said it was too late and that the additional items have shipped. Beyond poor service and quality. DO NOT waste your money ($400 in my case) with them!"

2018-05-08

Dead tree/ Horrible Customer Service

"Red Forest Pansy tree was grafted with a different specimen. The tree came DOA. When I complained about it and asked for a refund they told me that I had to wait a year to see if it would come out of dormancy. A year later the tree is still a stick and did not flourish. I want a refund but the company tells me that they don't issue refunds. I beg you to not buy from this company. Go to your local nursery to buy a tree and don't do the same mistake that I did."

2018-04-23

Ordered a autumn red maple. was sent a red maple.

"I am a disabled veteran. called and ordered a Autumn red maple. was sent a red maple. Called and spoke with Berry. blamed my traumatic brain injury for their mistake. Stated you made the mistake. We do not take trees back, so we will sell you one half off $48. Hope you can use the red maple.

Blaming the costumer is crazy. I am not rich and now they are taking me for another $48. They do not care if they lie to their customer. I am out $70.

very unprofessional.

2017-11-10

Great experience and convenient

"Seems to be a good option and reasonable prices. Big selection and informative about their products. "

2017-08-19

I have to go along with everyone else.

"Bad place to order if you want them to back you up. I bought a twisted redbud tree in May and we finally got it not in such good shape. Planted it an in about 4 wks. it started to sprout leaves. The sprouts got about 3 in. long and then it died. Giving me only half my money back doesn't solve the problem. They have insurance to cover their losses so nothing is coming out of there pockets. Asked for money back... waste of time. I wouldn't buy a weed off of them its bad enough I paid $100.00 dollars for a stick 1/2 dead."

Share Nature Hills Nursery's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!