Stores > Musician's Friend

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.89/10 0.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.92/10 1.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
Voice your opinion! Review Musician's Friend by clicking a star below.
2018-01-13

Bad customer service, difficult to get refund/exchange

"I am a long-timer customer of MF. I recently purchased some equipment that turned out to be incorrect when I went to hook everything up. For an exchange, you need to call them -- it cannot be done online.

I called on a Friday, waiting 20 min to finally talk w/ someone. He kept putting me on hold after each sentence, and finally the call dropped. I called back Saturday, got through without a wait but call dropped after I said I wanted to do an exchange. Third call went through and I was told the exchanged items (even through they were different) could not be shipped until they receive the wrong ones. I said that I'd like to have it sooner. She put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and said there wasn't anything she could do. So I switched it to a refund.

I will purchase the new equipment from Sweetwater (for $15 more).

2018-01-10

I AM WITH THE REST.

"TAKES TOOOO LONG TO GET A REFUND."

2018-01-10

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

"Ordered an item that never arrived. UPS tracker said they returned it because of wrong postal code. Called MF and customer service could not help me. At first they could not find my order. Then they said they had right zip code but typed it out wrong. I was put on hold 3 separate times and asked what my address was all 3 times. Was put on hold again for 30 minutes, then disconnected. Called back and talked with Jacob who was sincerely helpful. He reordered the item, priority, so I could have it in time for a gig the next day. When I checked my UPS tracker email I found out that they were out of the item and it was on back order. MF did not notify me though. I could have waited and waited. When I called back I got an apology, but if it wasn't for my persistance, no one from MF would have contacted me. I am now getting a refund and will buy locally for the item. In the future I will be a Sweetwater customer again. Sorry MF.

2018-01-03

Is this site a fraud??

"No one seems to respond to emails. There are zero updates on my order.
Waiting for more than a month. Is this a legitimate seller?

2017-12-24

Ticked off customer

"After using musicians friend for many years I trusted these characters. I bought my son a Gibson Les Paul, The picture shown showed a deep blue Les Paul (Gibson) burst into black on special for $1495.00 the color my son loved,I looked at this guitar for two weeks before I finally chose to get it ! When the guitar arrived at my home I opened the guitar case to find a blue (Caribbean) Les Paul that I did not choose. I immediately wrote an E-mail paying attention that they said they return a reply usually with in 24 hours, I went directly to the web site to see that this guitar add was taken down, after going to this exact add several times in two weeks (daily) they took it down as soon as I ordered the guitar because they realize it was wrong ! Either the person running the web site messed up and put the wrong picture with the guitar add that it was selling or it was a bait and switch ! The guitar they sent me was beautiful, but it is not what I ordered and they have not even tried to talk to me and chat about the mess up ! But the guitar they showed was a $3199 dollar guitar and a loss for them and for some reason that add was taken down fast ! The add did call it a Caribbean blue which is not the picture they showed, Be careful for the bait and switch scam"

2017-12-22

Do not honor ad.

"It was stupid. Did not give good service.s

2017-12-21

Stay away from these crooks.

"Bought item, they sent wrong (cheaper item) item. Promised refund, did not happen. Charged for replacement item with condition of 2 day shipping.. 3 days later still not shipped. Money is gone, no product over 2 hours spent on phone. They are lying straight, when tracking shows NO package, they saying Fedex has it. When they say refund is issued, bank says it never did. "

2017-12-18

10 days after purchase tracking number they gave me still shows up as non-existent

"I purchased a recording desk for $300+ on Dec 7th. On Dec 8th I received an email advising of shipment and including a tracking number. It's now Dec 18th and the freight company still tells me they have no such tracking number. I called today and they told me their shippers don't scan until the middle of the week and to wait longer. It's been 10 days now and still no valid tracking number. I told them they have another week to get it here at which time if it hasn't shown up, I'll cancel the payment form my credit card company because I have not received any merchandise. I suspect that they don't have what I ordered but took the credit card sale anyway. These people are unbelievable!"

2017-12-09

Horrible Customer Service

"I ordered a video camera and they send my camera but they charge it to my credit card....call them many times and no body, no body help me ..... obviously they just don’t care about customers......I wii never buy anything I this place. "

2017-12-07

Deceptive advertising, waste of time.

"Their coupon did not state any restrictions, but it was not applicable to discounted items. Just a waste of time having to wait for chat support to explain this when they could have included the info with the coupon.

2017-11-29

the worst

"i ordered a g&l telecaster on black friday and they waited til cyber monday to email me saying my order was canceled but didnt give me a reason and said i had to call for info and i spent 36 minutes on the phone just to reach a rude non caring employee and find out they discontinued the guitar and didnt have any more. then claim its 2-4 days to get my money back so i missed all the other sales i would have went with and its been 5 days and i still havent got my refund and im currently biting my nails waiting for it before someone buys the guitar i now wish to get off ebay... they ruined the best time to buy and are costing me money now as each deal passes... will never go thru them again "

2017-11-16

FBI CI3

"Horrible liars will.not give out any information they lie about everything make up stories they do have a code of conduct that they cannot give out notes pertaining to your account the guy I spoke with said if he gave me any information he could get fired and lose his job please do not shop here please look at Sweetwater Sam Ash American Musical also read what Eric Garland is saying about Guitar Center and musicians friend for all you folks out there please contact your attorney general's office FBI ci3 unit and the Federal Trade Commission to make a claim and report against Guitar Center and musicians friend"

2017-11-07

Terrible company, never shop musicians friend or guitar center again

"Company lies ,bought a high end fender from mf and had warping issues. They told me it was sent back full of scratches (it left my house perfect, and I only played it 15 min. Now they charged my credit card 300.00 to send it back to me . They lie and I will not use them again. I will use American music supply or sweet water . Also custom service was a joke , very nice when your buying but any problems they become terrible "

2017-10-05

Charging for return.

"Read the return policy. They charging for shipping when you return item. It's better to go Sweetwater.com"

2017-09-25

Horrible customer service, return policy is absolutle nightmare. This company is crooks!!

"I would never do business again with your company due to horrible customerservice and return shipping policy is twisted si the customer is not able to return the items. Crooks!!!"

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!