Product & services pricing 3.5/10
Customer service: 1.11/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.56/10
2018-09-19

Seriously the worst

"nothing but empty promises. They will tell you that something will happen and it will never happen. They are completely disorganized. I recommend shopping elsewhere"

2018-09-15

Run Away and Tell your Friends

"I bought a "The Loar LH-280-C" Archtop Hollowody Electric Guitar (S/N J06131 001 03) from Musicians's Friends on May 31 2018 and returned. The guitar had a slight twist in the neck that was visible as I sighted down the strings. I confirmed that by measuring the distance between the strings and the fret board as various places along the neck. It also had a significant concave bow in the neck which left a large gap between the strings and the fret board near the 12th fret. The guitar itself was poorly made and had wires showing through the "F" hole. It cost me about ninety dollars to ship this piece of junk back to them, about 21% of the cost of the guitar. I don't understand why they would ever ship a guitar in that condition to a customer. I emailed them about the issues I had about this guitar and I am yet to hear a single word. I hope they sent this guitar to the trash heap where it belongs. The only people who got a good deal from this transaction was the UPS store. Don't be another victim. Run away! "

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-09-12

KEEP AWAY/Shady Business Practices in effect.

"I ordered an AKAI MPC Studio Black in August of 2016. I purchased an extended warranty and the MPC had to be sent for repair almost 2 years to the day of purchase. When I went through the necessary channels in order to get my MPC fixed they told me that my warranty had expired. WHAT?? So, I had to engage in an epic phone Battle because when I purchased the MPC and warranty it was on back order. I immediately called to find out and make sure that the warranty would not be in effect until my MPC arrived. I was assured that the warranty would only activate upon arrival of the item. Fortunately, I wrote down the Person and extension I spoke to that gave me that information. Keep in mind, had I not had the foresight I would of been stuck with a broken MPC. After many weeks they said they were unable to fix it and would be issuing a gift card for the amount of my purchase. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Why, so I can buy the same equipment and obviously another extended plan, so it can break in another two years. I THINK NOT!! I was able to convince them to send me a check for the ammount. They said that because the method of payment had changed from gift card to check they had to get a separate department to authorize it and that would take about three business days. That was around August 15th. Today is September 12th and still have not received the check. I called to find out what the hold up was and apparently there was no check issued because the requisition got cancelled and it needs to be reissued and that will take at least ten days. All of this Hassel for a business practice that should be so simple. It is the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had. A DEFINITE BAD COMPANY TO BUY FROM,UNTRUSTWORTHY! !"

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-09-09

STAY FAR AWAY!

"I ordered a PA System and after several delays from the ABF Freight shipping company, it was delivered shrink wrapped with damaged boxes, broken items and bent speaker stands. I refused delivery and wrote MF to complain but instead of helping me, they wanted to what method I used to complain? They credited me for only half the order, and I am disputing the charges for over a month now. The complete lack of customer service coupled with the inability to properly deliver the equipment and their apathetic attitude makes this the worst company I have ever dealt with, and I advise everyone to buy elsewhere. Nothing but problems."

2018-09-04

Never again!!

"I recently made a purchase from this vendor. When i received the item the legs were rusty and I was over unsatisfied with the product. I attempted to return the item and was told i would have to pay to have it shipped and would also have to pay for the orginal shipping. Do not buy here if you think you may need to make a return...."

2018-09-03

Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

"I purchased some bongos for $200 for a friend for Christmas last year and they arrived damaged. Unfortunately my friend did not keep the boxes as they were massive in size and had nowhere to store them and was unaware the bongos were damaged until e attempted to assemble them weeks later and could not get them on their stand because the metal was bent. I expected Musician's friend to at leats give me a partial credit for the damage, just the shipping would have sufficed since the item was damaged in shipping, but no, all they would budge was $20 and it had to be a credit to their store which is very frustrating since I am not a musician as I explained to them and therefore could never use the credit. so basically my experience with Musician's friend was damaged $200 bongos plus $40 in shipping down the drain. I will never recommend them nor consider purchasing gifts from this company or their parent co guitar center ever again."

2018-09-03

How do you stay in business ?

"I tried to purchase an open box special, Fender bass guitar fretless (Tony Franklin) internet price $ 1,222.00. I applied and was approved for their financing, 0 interest 36 mos. (Fender). Website would not work. I called and spoke with a representative. He was unable to process the sale. He said the best he could do was 6 mos. 0 interest. No where on the website was this indicated. I had the bass guitar in my website cart. When I returned the next day to buy, the price inside the cart had increased to $1,349.00 for Labor Day special ? I called back to get the run around. I went to Sweetwater and found the same exact bass, color and all for $ 1,222.00. 0 interest 48 mos. free shipping. SOLD! With no problems! I am very disappointed with the whole experience from Musicians Friend ! I would recommend when you see these guys comming cross the street.
Mark C
Carol Stream IL.

2018-08-03

Had I only read other reviewers before purchase.

"Ordering online from Musician's Friend is misleading to the consumer."

2018-07-29

They Do Not Care

"I recently bought a set of signature strings. I realize some people may not care what the packaging looks like, but as a serious Gilmour fan, and a fan of many other artists, I like to keep things like this. They shipped the strings in a thin plastic bag so when I got the set the box was completely smashed. You can do better MF. "

2018-07-23

Unapologetic

"Products were not as expected, not enough information. Weight of product would be nice as musicians are usually wheeling gig items around from venue to venue.

One order was intended as a gift for my brother, freight company delivered in off-hours stating delivery with an 8-hr window, who has the time to sit at home to wait for shipment. When recipient called to arrange will call, request was denied. 3-attempts to deliver were made with no option to do will call and followed by threat of returning parcel to sender. When recipient went to freight company to wait for item, freight company wanted to charge for the will call.

Musicians Friend was notified of this extreme inconvenience and they were unapologetic about circumstance. Promptly removed name from their mailing list and currently seeking RESPONSIBLE vendor.

2018-07-22

Nonexistent return policy

"Placed an order for about $100. It was my first order with this company. When I received my order, a $23 item was incorrect, but it was my fault as I ordered the wrong item. Called the company because the receipt says to call first with a return. I was told I would have to pay a $5.99 fee plus shipping to return it and was told that it might cost more to return it than the item's value. What?! I understand my having to pay return shipping because it was my fault, but why the $5.99 fee and why would the return shipping cost more than the item? It's a six piece bridge saddle. The package weighs well under a pound. What a scam! I even asked customer service why would it cost that much to ship it back, it doesn't weigh anything. He had no answer. He just hemmed and hawed. I will never purchase anything from this website again."

Zylcho's Avatar
Zylcho
Zylcho
Top Reviewer!
2018-07-02

Bait And Switch Sales Tatics.

"Was interested in 2 Chauvet P4 Gyser Foggers. Noted they had the word "restock" in the title and was about $30 cheaper. Called and spoke to a rep, Joanna Padilla, who told me "Well I have 2 brand new Chauvet P6 Gysers for the same price." Now I needed these overnight for a gig the following afternoon. Ordered on a Sunday and was told "Yes you will have them by 11AM" I asked her to repeat this order at least 5 times as I did not believe it. This was my first order and I gave them the benefit of the doubt..... WRONG! SO WRONG!! The first red flag was I never received any confirmation email, or receipt... the only email I received was reps contact info!!! next day came around and still no email. Called in AM for tracking number and asked if they left, was told yes. Checked fedex's site and shipping label was created but were NOT shipped. Called late afternoon at my gig and wanted to cancel order. Was told I couldn't as they were already shipped, which was bs. They finally shipped at end of day. received at 3PM on next day. Now still no receipt for what I purchased. Open boxes to find out they sent me the lesser features, Chauvet T6 Gysers. (CAN NOT BE MOUNTED UPSIDE DOWN) Sent email to Joanna.Padilla@musiciansfriend.com and of course received no response. Posted problem on BBB.org. In a day Chris Baker, alleged customer service manager replied. "Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the issues with your order. We're truly sorry and appreciate the opportunity to make this right. We are following up with the agents involved. It does look like the incorrect T6 foggers were delivered yesterday. I will send a pre-paid UPS return label to your email address so that you can send those back. We can do an exchange at no extra cost if you would like to get the restock P6 foggers. You can find more details on what a restock is here in our FAQ's section: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/faq/what-are-restocks
If you would like to get new P6's, we can honor the same 15% discount you received on your original order. Keep in mind we only have two of the new ones left, so if that is the route you want to go, please get back to us as soon as possible so we can ensure they are not sold out. Lastly, if you would like a refund, we can have that submitted as soon as we see tracking showing you have handed off the lights to UPS.
Again, we're truly sorry for the errors on your order and any inconvenience this has caused. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let me know. We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend!
Sincerely,
Chris Baker
Customer Service Manager"
If you check their site, restock WILL OR WILL NOT have manufacturers warranty. No definitive answer. I attempted to reply on BBB's site but encountered a posting issue with new version of Firefox and noted complaint was CLOSED! ****, I composed another message. This was their fault not mine, demanding shipping label and to be sent 2 new Chauvet P6's as that was what I purchased. Of course no response as he is on vacation, so I wanted to help their cause and make potential customers about their tactics. As you can see by their 1 rating, regardless of what your told or in print, avoid like the plague. This was my first and last transaction I will ever do with these clowns. I will be following up with State Attorney General on their sales tactics. 7 days later STILL DO NOT HAVE A RECEIPT!! DEAL WITH THESE CLOWNS AND YOU WILL PAY.

2018-07-02

Paid for 2 day shipping

" I recently purchased a guitar and paid for two day shipping on a friday.The item will not arrive until Thursday,5 days after the order. Musician's friend refuses to give me a refund for thebtwo day delivery charge.Going to shop at zzounds for future purchases"

2018-06-25

Fraudulent return policy

"Complaint Type: Refund / Exchange Issues
Description of Complaint: Ordered and received an item, but decided against it, and wished to return it unopened. I was assured by the business website that returns and exchanges were not a problem. I was also referred to a second page describing the rules for exchanges, again not stating shipping costs on the purchaser's part. There was a noteto indicate where a description of the specific details for exchange would be found. However, that click only resulted in a return to the same page wherenothing was mentioned about who pays for the return postage. I was told by the service rep that I would have to pay the return costs. This fact was deliberately concealed. The item costs $30; the shipping costs $60. This company's advertising deliberately misleads and conceals the actual costs of the return policy. I think this is a fraudulent business strategy, not informing the consumer about the actual costs for return.

Desired Settlement: Billing Adjustment
Desired Outcome Description: The firm should cover the shipping costs for the return of purchase.

2018-06-22

Crooks

"Bought a bass case, when I received it my bass didn't fit in it, so emailed them to return it, got email with a return number and in the email it also stated if I got free shipping that would be deducted before I would get issued a refund and I had to pay the shipping cost to return it, so I paid 50, cost to ship back is 20, then they deduct their shipping cost, which has to be around the same amount I paid to return, so say 20.....so if I paid 50, they deduct 20, deduct my 20 for shipping it back, then I get 10 bucks back, they get the merchandise and make money off it...I have 10 bucks from a 50 purchase, I'm out 40 bucks on this deal, bad way to do business"

Share Musician's Friend's store rating