Stores > Musician's Friend

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.96/10 0.96/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review Musician's Friend by clicking a star below.
2018-02-19

Shipping mess up.

"Ordered guitar on a Sunday and received a delivery date of Friday of that week. At the end of Friday, the delivery date disappears and it just says "information unavailable". I play phone tag with MF and their plan is to wait several days to trace the package and, if they can't find it, they send another one but without expedited shipping. This means that I've wasted several weeks to do something that I could have done in-person at a music store. I regret ordering online through MF. I should have just gone to a brick-n-mortar store. Now I'm guitar-less and in limbo. Just waiting until MF and/or UPS remedies the situation, which can take forever. Smaller items might be OK but don't buy guitars or anything critical from MF. They have a messed up shipping system."

2018-02-15

i cant believe how stupid all of the people on here are

"its amazing how stupid you have to be to have a post on here all of the one stars are unbelievably inane and written by retards im in shock"

2018-02-14

Canceled order

"MF does not know how to communicate with PayPal. My order sat in processing for 3 days, despite talking with MF reps and PayPal numerous times to try to get it through. I cancelled my order on the third day. Never ordering through them again. "

2018-02-12

I had to pay for returning a wrong item

"I found a case that was described and pictured as an original Gibson j-45 hardshell case. I paid €119.99 for it. Free shipping. I received a totally different case for an electric guitar. I called customer service for the return, and they said They didn't have the case I needed, and that if I wanted to return what they sent, I had to pay for shipping!!! Are you kidding me? It should not even fall under the "return" category. It's only their fault, and in addition to the huge waste of time I have to pay for shipping it back?!?! The only thing I could get from their awful customer service is store credit to have them pay for shipping."

2018-02-10

Keyboard

"I have seen Casio Keyboard CTK 6200 at there site ,advertising that you can do everything,so I order the keyboard.As soon as I get the keyboard I notice that you can not turn off Touch Sensitive Keys I contact support team they finally told me that this keyboard doesn't have that possibility,so I said I do not need keyboard like this so I ask them how to return the Keyboard.They (after a while ) send me how should i return and where so I pack everything and send them back.I did not play on keyboard more than 5 minutes.That pleasure cost me (for now) $51.00 to ship back and for insurance.I send them Email and Tracking number and ask them how and when they will return my money.Ed Ramirez told me after they receive keyboard and check everything they will issue my refund in two days.After few days I send an Email to Ed asking what is going on with my refund,he just IGNORED me so I send him one more email,but he did not care,so I contact them again today so look like I will have to contact BBB and I will never ever order from them anything. "

2018-02-06

Return Policy is terrible

"I purchased an Orange amp head for my son on Black Friday. He opened it on Christmas day and as happy as he was, the head sounded muddy as if something were wrong with it. We spent all of January trying to get it to sound right, doing all kinds of research and trying out different configurations, but it just never worked right. I called to return it in the first week of February and was informed that I was outside of the return window because the head was purchased on Black Friday, and not on Christmas. I understand that it was passed the date, but it doesnt make sense that they don't consider how the holidays work. I really wanted to get my boy something he would love, but now we are stuck with a busted amp that cannot be returned. I called twice and asked to speak to a manager but was met with hostility, followed by them hanging up on me. For a company called Musicians "Friend", I did not feel that I was treated like a friend, or even a customer they want to return."

2018-02-05

The worst shipping operation in retail

"I could go into extreme detail but suffice it to say that whatever system they have set up with UPS is dysfunctional at best. I do not know what has happened at MF/GC but it didn't use to be like this. If you can, pay for expedited shipping because otherwise the system does not care if you get your stuff or when. The flow of tracking information etc is rudimentary and absolutely infuriating. "

2018-02-03

Muscian's Friend didn't deliver

"Muscian's Friend sold me a program to produce music, which I gave to my grandson for Christmas. It took him about three days and numerous calls to the store to get it to work. As an add-on, I received a discount for the "Novation Launchpad Mini MKII Regular – #J22032 03." It has been on backorder since November 2017. Now I have received an email saying that if I don't notify them within 14 days, they will cancel my order as the item is still on backorder, but they expect it to arrive within the next 30 days. I tried to notify them that I would wait for it, but when I went on their website, it indicates that my order doesn't exist. I did not sign up as a member when I made the purchase, so the site indicates that I have no account. Based on my grandson's experience with them on the phone, I did not call the phone number on the cancellation notice. Also, they do not indicate how much money they are going to refund me."

2018-01-30

Shipping

"I tried to order asaxophone, but AFTER I have paid for the order, musician"friends" says it could take a week before the instrument is shipped. Do not trust them when they say the orders are shipped within one day! A lot of time spent for nothing. Just use Amazon."

2018-01-22

Worst experience ever

"Shop anywhere else. I can’t even begin to explain the horrible customer service."

2018-01-18

Purchased 3 years ago and now unsuccessful payment

"Purchased a mic bundle 3 years back, everything went smooth. Payment deducted from my Visa card.

3years later(now), they sent me an email indicating payment unsuccessful and I wants me to pay again. Never gonna shop at musiciansfriends anymore.

2018-01-16

Bad company full of incompetant thieves

"After screwing up my Christmas present (the only one my son was getting) and shipping HALF of a desk, they then told me the only way I was going to get the desk now was to send them back their screw up, pay more money to get another desk shipped that would get there well after Christmas, and then some day they would refund my money for the original purchase.

After I shipped them their junk, they refunded part of my payment and then proceeded to ignore my emails. I had to open a case against them via PayPal to get my money back. I promised that if I didn't get this resolved, I would spread their name on every review site I could find, so here you go. This organization is a joke and should be avoided at all costs.

2018-01-13

Bad customer service, difficult to get refund/exchange

"I am a long-timer customer of MF. I recently purchased some equipment that turned out to be incorrect when I went to hook everything up. For an exchange, you need to call them -- it cannot be done online.

I called on a Friday, waiting 20 min to finally talk w/ someone. He kept putting me on hold after each sentence, and finally the call dropped. I called back Saturday, got through without a wait but call dropped after I said I wanted to do an exchange. Third call went through and I was told the exchanged items (even through they were different) could not be shipped until they receive the wrong ones. I said that I'd like to have it sooner. She put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and said there wasn't anything she could do. So I switched it to a refund.

I will purchase the new equipment from Sweetwater (for $15 more).

2018-01-10

I AM WITH THE REST.

"TAKES TOOOO LONG TO GET A REFUND."

2018-01-10

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

"Ordered an item that never arrived. UPS tracker said they returned it because of wrong postal code. Called MF and customer service could not help me. At first they could not find my order. Then they said they had right zip code but typed it out wrong. I was put on hold 3 separate times and asked what my address was all 3 times. Was put on hold again for 30 minutes, then disconnected. Called back and talked with Jacob who was sincerely helpful. He reordered the item, priority, so I could have it in time for a gig the next day. When I checked my UPS tracker email I found out that they were out of the item and it was on back order. MF did not notify me though. I could have waited and waited. When I called back I got an apology, but if it wasn't for my persistance, no one from MF would have contacted me. I am now getting a refund and will buy locally for the item. In the future I will be a Sweetwater customer again. Sorry MF.

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!