Stores > Movie Mars

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
Voice your opinion! Review Movie Mars by clicking a star below.

BEWARE Of MovieMars: They Sell "Region B/2" Discs Not Usable ON Blu Ray Disc Players In The United States

"Feb 21, 2018 - Chesapeake, VA: I too purchased a NEW blu ray disc from MovieMars(a North Carolina, USA based company) via Amazon and received a "Region B/2" version of the blu ray disc, which, of course CAN'T be used on American disc players (it's a movie studio thing to make even more money by delaying movies to the rest of the world via "Region Codes") - lucky us, we get the "first run - aka "Region A/1" discs because we are their first market.

After a few messages (through Amazon's MONITORED messaging loop - which I ADVISE everyone to use, because it copies ALL the messages back and forth) I realized that MovieMars was simply selling "Region B/2" discs without the proper advertising of such (which the other sellers who did sell "Region B/2" discs had advertisement warnings on ALL of their pages, MovieMars ONLY showed "Region B/2" on their individual product page - which I never saw; I chose MovieMars from a list [where their competitor's displayed "Region B/2" warnings] after searching for the movie title).

Long story short, MovieMars told me to go packing(NO refunds/NO replacements) regardless of the screenshots I posted of every step of the purchase process(and nowhere were there any indication they were selling "Region B/2 discs).

So I contacted Amazon; and they came to my rescue!

I paid MovieMars about$10 for the disc, but Amazon looked up the same titled discs for sale and found the lowest price for the Region A/1 disc(from a reputable seller AND "Fulfilled by Amazon" was$59 and change.

Get this, after doing their own research, Amazon gave my account a$60 gift card so I could purchase the disc.

Way to go Amazon! AND they said they would look closer at the policies and practices of MovieMars.

MovieMars was terrible, but Amazon took care of it.

BTW, MovieMars pays pennies for these "Region B/2" discs in bulk, so they will NEVER cover your packaging or postage for a return - it's just a losing financial deal for them. That combined with their NO REFUND policy and you can see how illegitimate of a company they really are.

You have been warned about MovieMars.

Good customer service but delivery

"I ordered two CD's on January 19. My payment was posted just about immediately. i waited for the CD's to be delivered and on February 6 i sent an email on status. They promptly sent me an email back stating "it looks like we had an error in our ordering system the day this was placed and this order was not imported for shipment. Unfortunately due to this error we are unable to ship this item and have procssed a refund for this order." I then decided I would track my debit card and was surprised that the refund had been made! So even though I did not receive the item, I was very pleased with the quick turnaround in their response."

I guess I joined the sucker club

"They sent me a bootleg DVD that won't play in the USA and won't take it back. It took me a while to figfure out that it was the DVD and not any of my machines so my credit card could not help me get a refund. If you act quickley, your credit card company will help you. Losers. "

save your time and money

"this company is a scam.... don't order anything thru them... after you pay for it they will send you a damaged product. It came late and in a 100 pieces. it is impossible to return the damaged merchandise... the phone numbers are dead ends. there is no email address on their website. in fact their website is just a front and will not help you in any way, it becomes a vicious circle to try to contact this company so you eventually give up like I did. Of course, you only have 30 days to return anything so good luck....

"I have a similar experience with MovieMars.com as most do. They cancelled my order the day it was due to be delivered. No explanation given, and good luck getting a hold of these people. The reviews on Amazon are 100% not legitimate. It's not hard to figure out Amazon has fake reviews for most things. There is always like 100 positive reviews within a week, using the same key words. Amazon just wants money, and provides the illusion of being customer service oriented. There is a very high chance you will have a bad experience with the seller MovieMars. There are so many complaints out there involving this company. If you do business with them after reading all the bad reviews, it is your own fault. "

"I ordered a book and never received it. I tracked it and it has been sitting in the same place for three days. I have called and been hung up on twice, left voicemails that were never returned and basically ignored. Of course they already took the payment out of my account and now I am without the main Christmas present for my dad, three days before Christmas!!!!! I can NOT believe that Amazon puts their name on this worthless rip off of a company!!!!!"

Hate this about online shopping...

"I wanted to give a nice vinyl to my boyfriend for Christmas so I bought one from them earlier this month. First of all, they didn’t even have a tracking method so that sounded fishy to begin with...but I had high hopes for this seller because it had such a high rating on Amazon. Turns out the day right before the expected delivery date I got a notification from them saying that I got a refund for the vinyl, even though I didn’t request one? I don’t want the refund I want the vinyl bruh lol. But yeah so I contacted them like what the heck happened and they were just like “oh sorry something happened with the product”. Like what? You guys decide to tell me this literally days before fricken xmas and now my boyfriends going to think I didn’t get him anything and now I’m going to feel bad that he gave me something n i’ll have to tell him “sorry it’s amazons fault” like no im not tryna deal with this ever again. Movie mars screw you i was really looking forward to getting him a nice present but noooo. Ruined my amazon experience now im going to be paranoid about every order online now. Wouldn’t recommend movie mars to anyone :("

WORST Customer Service EVER!!!

"Item ordered on 12/2/17. When trying to track order using the tracking/order number they supplied, it firs said that the number provided was not formatted correctly, and therefore would not let me pull order up. On another attempt, it couldn't even find my order! All 4 of my e-mails were answered with the same canned, identical responses stating that they had been shipped and if not delivered by 12/15/17, contact them. As of today, 12/18/17...no response, no item!!! I am concerned that this company is running a big scam! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I have reported them to both Barnes and Noble Marketplace, Amazon and the Illinois Better Business Bureau."

Pos company

"Ignores all messages- I tried to cancel because of the long shipping times and they continue to ignore me. Awful business! "

Worse company I have had the displeasure to do business with

"Item I order has never been received ... I called a number of times no response ... I sent e-mails never no response ... "

Moviemars is also an eBay seller... and they are scam artists!

"Twice Movie Mars sold me items on eBay, refunded my money and relisted the same item at twice the price on eBay again! Stay away! I have spoken to eBay about this.... let's see what they do... probably nothing! :("

Waste of time and money.

"Never received my order,tracking was impossible, they took money out my accountba week after I paid for product forcing my bank account to go negative and was charged a $35 late fee. So now I gotta wait two weeks for a refund. So I lost $25 dollars for nothing. **** MovieMars."

Slow as snails shipping

"Takes forever to get anything from these people...And tracking number does not work...This will be the last thing that I get from them..."

I would never purchase another item from this company.

"I should have checked this site before purchasing a DVD via Amazon through Movie Mars. Once the other reviewers have stated is what I experienced. Very confusing how the list DVDS in english for sale only to find out they do not work in North America and very short in response for any assistance. Will never use them again and I think Amazon has become so large, they cannot keep up with the service and quality of their vendors."

Regional DVD

"Dreadful. I am amazed that Amazon would risk its excellent reputation by dealing through a hole-in-the-wall unit like MovieMars. I ordered a US movie DVD from Amazon. After a ridiculously long time to deliver I received a DVD programmed for another region. I complained to MovieMars and in return received a totally inappropriately worded arrogant response essentially saying that I had ordered a DVD for another region and that the incorrect delivery was entirely my fault.

I recommend that Amazon drop all relations with this junk firm.

Share Movie Mars's store rating

Movie Mars is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Movie Mars is not a merchant member
Movie Mars does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!