2010-08-24

"I have been seeing a LOT of negative feedback on modchipman over the past year. Maybe I'm lucky. I live in Chicago, 25 minutes from their store, so I've always picked up my items from them personally, and paid in-store. I've referred a few out of town friends to order from them and there have never been any problems. It's been a while since I've been to modchipman, and I see that their site is down. In a few days, I'll stop by their store to see if it's open and what's the deal. I'm very curious seeing as to how they were my #1 modding source up until recently. I'll report back in a few days if it helps anyone."

2010-04-08

"My son sent his Wii to be modified a few months back and we still have not recieved his Wii back! and where is the site????? I am pissed!! I paid for the damn thing and I would like it returned!
indy_iam@yahoo.com I AM Still Waiting?????????????????????????????????????? modchipman please return my Wii

2010-03-31

"Avoid! Go somewhere else! I don't care how good the deal seems. I'm trying to avoid cursing to describe my feelings. Let me sum it up. I sent 2 Madcatz TE Fightsticks to their address to be modded. The turnaround time for them to be modded and returned is supposed to be about one week or so I thought. I have been able to talk with them on the phone but they keep giving me the run around. I get different stories each time I call on why they haven't been returned and false assurances that they will "call me back". Right now it is about 2 and a half months and 12 phone calls later and their is no completion date in sight. I have a feeling I'm not getting them back. That means I don't have my 2 Madcatz TE fightsticks at $120 each. Each stick costs $240 to mod. If we do the math thats $720 TOTAL!!! I'm going to try calling a couple more times to see if I can get some resolve. If I can, I'll edit this review as appropriate. I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the service up to this point.

UPDATE: Still no responses from the website, email, or phones. I'm fucking pissed still.

2010-02-26

"I strongly recommend you avoid using ModChipMan’s services. On Feb. 15th, 2010 I order a very easy to get part (box of 100 solderless quick disconnects) and the charge very quickly came up on my credit card, but a week goes by and still no parts. I call their local number 630-462-8052 (don’t bother with the 800 number by the way – they don’t answer it) and the gentleman on the line told me that there was a glitch in the system but no worries, my parts would ship THAT DAY. Well another 5 days go by and nothing. I call them again and he tells me that they were having problems shipping items because they were in the process of changing banks. Jesus, what a lame ass operation. I told them to cancel the order and found my stuff on Amazon.

Avoid this company (which I suspect is a 1 man shop) like the plague.

Total amateur hour over there.

2009-12-10

"Placed my order on October 8 09 and still don't have my goods. Date is now December 11 09.
No feedback from seller as to where my goods are either.
Very poor service. Wouldn't buy from this seller again.

2009-10-06

"Very, very disappointed!! Made my purchase almost 5 months ago and have not received anything as of yet. I purchased the original customcade box and accessories on May 20, 2009. Had to wait a couple of weeks.. fine, I'm ok with that. A couple of weeks go by and items are not in stock. Newer boxes are set to arrive... ok, even better.. so I end up upgrading to the newer model, paid extra money via paypal. Had ongoing correspondence with the seller and he assured me that the products would come in in a couple of days and that shipment would be made once items were in. After more correspondence, I finally got a shipment confirmation on August 13, 2009. Woohoo, I'm thinking.. Great, finally!! But oh NO says the hand of time!! I wait a couple of weeks and shipment never arrives. Contact seller about the issue and he says that the shipping company lost the shipment... will send out replacement ASAP!! ASAP my ass!! Haven't heard back from seller since. Can't open a resolution case on Paypal because it's been more than 45 days since the purchase date. So don't waste your time purchasing anything from this guy."

2009-10-04

"My xbox 360 was broken and an online friend suggested modchipman.com as being reliable. I went to the website and ordered the xbox 360 repair and sent my xbox 360 off to them the next day. It wasn't long before I received an email confirming that they had received it. It took a few weeks for the repair which is completely fair and I had my xbox 360 back not long after. I am very satisfied with the repair job and I would recommend their service to anyone needing it!!

Sincerely,
Ron Nichols

2009-09-23

"I placed this order sometime around June. I sent in my PSP to get repaired in which it couldn't so I paid for a new one. It never arrived. Modchipman's customer support was good, until they deleted my help desk ticket with my problem unresolved with no explanation for that. I guess they got tired of hearing me gripe about an item I paid for that I'm never going to receive."

2009-09-19

"Ordered bat top adpaters for my fight stick and gt-y octagonal piece and came in very fast. Total time from order placed to item in my hand was about a week. other sites would have taken well over a month. Pieces are top notch and I would have no problem ordering again from these guys. A+++++++"

2009-08-10

"The order was fast, I got my Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons and the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick joystick in less than a week. Furthermore they even changed the direction of the joystick circuit board in order to fit in the madcatz joysticks without the hassle of taking out the gate and flipping the board yourself. I definitely will expect to do business with modchipman.com again."

2009-07-06

"I cant say enough good things about this company or the guy that owns it other than i wish i worked for him. The service is par excellence, and I mean getting the orders out and efficiency wise, and as far as the customer service goes, its off the charts in todays age and mindset. Let me tell you, they got my order to me in such a quick time that even when one of the parts was the wrong one, they were still able to correct the issue and send me the correct parts for the second time faster than anyone else could THE FIRST TIME. This store is the poster child for EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE and NO ONE BEATS THEM. If i had my OWN STORE, I could only hope to run it as effeciently as MODCHIPMAN.COM DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING YOUR ARCADE PARTS ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD OR ON THE INTERNET, ORDER HERE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.!!!!"

2009-07-01

"Ordered Seimitsu buttons along with a couple other things Saturday, shipped on Monday, and received on Wednesday. Very fast processing and shipping. Will buy from again, thank you!"

2009-06-17

"I order Sanwa Pushbuttons and a Sanwa Joystick on Thursday Night/Friday Mourning and it came Monday only the weekend to ship!. Plain and simple modchipman is the fastest and the best. There is no competition really that can beat the quality of customer service and the fast shipping times and everyone should know. KFREE your the best peace!"

2009-06-07

"Great stuff, Came in really quick, Most likely will be buying again from 'em!"

2009-05-28

"I ordered a blue clear ball top for my joystick and sanwa OBSF push buttons from MODCHIPMAN.COM and the service was great. Within 15 minutes of ordering I received an e-mail saying my item was shipped! I received all my items in perfect condition and couldn't be any happier with this service. Other companies I have worked with before took weeks to send out my order but this one sent it within one day and I received it in two days. I definitely recommend them to anyone else out there who are interested in their products!"

Share Modchipman's store rating