Stores > Menards

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Menards by clicking a star below.

Barrington, IL
2018-01-20

Deceptive consumer practices all the way!

"One of the WORST customer experiences today!!!! This week I made a purchase of over $200 at the Mount Prospect, IL location, paid $120 with my debit card and $80 in rebate funds. Today I returned $30 of merchandise and THEIR POLICY won't allow a credit to my debit card? I got a store credit instead. There was $120 in cash paid without the rebates and the credit should have gone on my debit card. They have no concern for the customer and FAIL big time! They think it's still 1960. BTW, the store manager was helpless and only referred me to your recorded phone number in the Eau Claire, WI Corporate office. AGAIN, A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE! I continued with an online complaint and got the same tone. There is no disclosure on the rebate certificate or receipts that regardless how much you pay in cash, you get a store credit first...very deceptive. They've now lost a customer for life instead of gaining one. I'd rather pay more at Home Depot or Lowe's and be satisfied. Their business model and customer service must change if they want to succeed in retail. I think they just don't care. I filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office so we'll see where this goes. Consumers need to unite!!!

2018-01-03

Menards Employees Damage Customers Vehicle and Fail to Report

"On 12-07-2017, I went to the Port Huron Menards store to pick up a display model patio door which was supposed to be ready as of 12-04-2017. It was not and I was told to come back on 12-09-2017, around 1:00PM and it would be shrink wrapped and ready. So I returned on 12-09-2017, with a trailer to find out that again, it was still not ready. While I was waiting for store staff to take the door out of the display casement and prepare it delivery, I went back out to my truck & trailer to get the straps ready for the door, only to discover a 16 inch long, deep gouge with white paint markings in the right rear of the truck. While I was waiting for a store manager, a gentlemen who was also waiting for items to be brought out walked over and told me that his wife saw two Menards employees with a lift truck and a long white box (with windows or a door) go by my truck and then they stopped, backed up, argued between themselves and took off without reporting it. As she was sitting on the other side of my truck where the damage occurred she could not see or be sure what happened. The Asst. Store Manager then decides to inform me that I was not even supposed to even be picking the display model up until Jan 09, 2018, but as a favor since someone forgot to call me that were going to get it ready anyway since I was there. He said not to worry about the damage they would get it figured out and I just needed to put in a claim with Menards. Which I did, however, since their employees won't admit to the damage, their surveillance cameras don't cover customer pickup in the secured back area of the stores and the woman does not want to be further involved, the claim was denied and now I am stuck with a $1,000 in vehicle damage due to the negligence and lack of responsibility by Menards management and their employees. Merry Christmas from Menards."

2017-11-22

The Worst!

"Menards slogan is pumped-up with absurdly, empty words, namely, "quality and service." Guess they're too afraid to admit that Menards is replete with the lowest quality materials and the poorest customer service. Due to the above, it is recommended you seek another source for your projects, otherwise you're gonna be very dissatisfied and disappointed. (You will note though, that Menards has an army of trolls surfing the net for negative comments. Menards will pay to rebut bad comments, but never to upgrade the quality or service?)"

2017-11-17

Menards is one of my favorite stores!

"The prices are good, the selection is great. I always find unique things there, such as snacks and toys. I don't mind filling out the rebate form, but I do have to remember to take it to the store next time I shop. Instead of the rebates, just offer an up-front discount. It will make your unhappy customers feel a little better about shopping there. "

2017-11-06

Rebate scam shop

"Twice I have fallen for their rebate scam - Never again.
First they seem to make applying for whatever rebate as difficult as possible and then if you manage to figure out how to do it the rebate is in the form of a store credit which leaves you hooked to them for another purchase. Nice people in the store but Menard's business model will keep me from ever making another purchase from them.

Grand Rapids
2017-08-29

Knowledge

"Hard to find somebody that's working in the department that actually knows what they're talking about,no plumbers in plumbing,no electricians in electrical..."

2017-08-28

rude paint department workers

"Wanted housepaint and asked if I should be using satin or flat. He refused to answer. The worst customer service ever. Him and co-worker very rude for my whole experience back there. I work in hospital and if treated my customers like that I guarantee you I wouldn't have a job."

2017-07-23

Poor lumber customer service

"It just took us ovee an hour to locate the fence panels we wanted to buy even though i had picture with a sku # open on my phone. They told us twice the general area but wouldnt go with us"

2017-06-25

Manhattan Kansas Store

"Horrible experience. Ordered steel siding for my residence and didn't get a complete order. Unfortunately, since everything was in crates, which is ANOTHER charge, we weren't able to determine that we didn't get our whole order until we were home.
Furthermore, while trying to return the shipping crates (at a 25% restocking fee), the customer service rep couldn't refund the amount even though I had the receipt in front of me!! An hour later....the store manager refunded an arbitrary amount of money because even he couldn't find where I had returned it!!
It was right in front of them, listed on the pink sheet where the back yard employees wrote it !
Horrible experience!

2017-06-03

Horrible Customer Service!

"My husband and I went to the Bay City store yesterday and we will NEVER shop at a Menards again. The Help there could not answer even the simplest question like where an item was located. Also they acted like we were bothering them even if they were just standing around. One female employee was pushing in a lumber cart and my husband asked where he could find a cart and she acted really annoyed and said I guess you can have this one and I would have to go outside and get another one. I could go on with more rude encounters because we dealt with several employees. The only bright spot of our trip was the nice and very helpful cashier Samantha. My husband and I have both worked for retail stores and know what customer service should be. You won't find it at this store."

2017-05-18

First time mower.

"I had to dimiss my gardener. I am also fed up with paying high prices for mowing grass. This is especially difficult when you live on Social Security. I decided to purchase an electric mower. I found what I thought was a good deal. Black & Decker $144 with an eleven percent rebate. I struggled to get this huge box out of my trunk and into the house. This morning I opened the box to assemble the mower. No instructions, no attachment lever to connect the upper and lower handle. I spoke to someone at Menards who asked me to bring the mower to the store. I loaded the mower in the trunk and back to the store I go. I had help to unload the mower and take it to the department. They wanted to give me screws instead of the appropriate lever attachment. There was an exceptional employee who took the lever attachments off the display mower and gave me a instruction manual. He took the time to load the mower in the trunk of my car. He deserves commendation. His name was Richard."

2017-05-18

Horrible is right!

"This company is the worst company to ever have to deal with. First they have lower prices and give an 11% discount on top if it, because their products are about 40% cheaper than any other store. You get what you pay for. And don't expect to them to make any of their mistakes "right". They will pass the buck, try to blame you and call you a liar (BP Store manager, Matt). Then if you try to contact corporate or any type of customer service, they will only deal with you via US Postal Service. No phone calls or emails. Also, at the corporate lever they care even less than the stores. I wrote my complaint letter, half of it was not even acknowledged and the other half they said there was nothing they could do about it, which in actuality there was a lot of different things they could have done. When I sent a letter to the President, John Menard, Jr. there was no response at all. I guess he doesn't care about his or his companies reputation. Don't let them fool you, customer satisfaction is not their number one goal.. Taking advantage of customers is their number one goal. If you want to shop at a company that actually cares about their customers, go to HD."

2017-05-03

Horrible and Nasty Mice Infested Store

"I so hate this store. Home Depot is priced better and the customers are treated better. First the store is infested with mice. Every time I have been in this store I see them and the feces are around the food area and it doesn't get cleaned up. I would not purchase any food in this store. Second, the owner or management is so worried someone is going to steal something it's ridiculous. Customer service is poor. One other thing is when I take something back the cashier wants to give me store credit instead of my money back. I also get a veteran's discount at Home Depot or Lowes so my time and my money will be spent at these stores and not over priced Menards."

2017-04-11

How to inconvenience customers

"I recently went to the store in Columbia Missouri with the intention of buying 40 bags of mulch. I was dismayed to see that they no longer had an exterior entrance to the garden department. I could not see myself dragging 40 bags of mulch from the garden department through the store to the checkouts. I was then told that if I went to a separate desk and told him what I wanted they would give me a ticket and then go to the cashier to pay and I could then go to the pick up area around back then get my mulch. Obviously I left Menard's and went to Lowe's and purchased my mulch. At Lowe's, I went to the garden department and paid for my mulch. The worker then loaded the bags of mulch into the back of my truck and I left. Pretty simple. I'm not sure why they thought closing off the garden department would be a service for the customers."

2017-03-30

Never Shop Here

"I bought a Dishwasher and purchased the 2 year warranty. A white one had to be special ordered. It arrived. I picked it up and when i got it home there was a big kinked dent in the front edge.
They brought me another one from a different store.
After a year of use the lower arm was melting, the heating element was warped, and the motor was making a noise. Service man comes and said he can't fix it because it will be more than $250.00. I will get a call. The service rep called and kinda laughed at me cuz the cost to fix was $247.00 (less than 250.00 right?)and they said its not worth fixing, we will get back to you.
It's been going on six weeks. Each time I call its "we will get back to you in 48 hours". Each week i call them and get the same message.
Yesterday I finally got a different response. " The claim was never processed, It will be at least ten days before you can expect a check."

Really!..... (I'm going to say it).....
WHAT THE F.U.C.K. IS GOING ON!!!!
Menards is a piece of S.H.I.T.
waiting to be scraped off the bottom of your shoe.
Not my first problem with them. But this will be my last.

Share Menards's store rating

Menards is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!