Product & services pricing 5.00/10
Chance of future purchase: 5.00/10
Shipping & packaging: 7.50/10
Customer service: 1.25/10
2010-12-13

"We bought a fire truck toddler bed from Meijer after some research and price comparison online. We also used a 10% off online coupon.

Meijer had the best prices, and the shipment arrived on schedule as expected. It was no fuss and everything was smooth. We will certainly buy from them again.

2010-06-01

"Absolutely terrible customer service. Ordered a patio umbrella that remained in "progress" for over a week without shipping. Requests for information and to cancel via email were ignored. I finally ordered the item from another store and "if" it should ever ship it's going right back to them."

2010-05-25

"Amazingly BAD service, would never buy from them again!
Placed an order for a digital camera that I was supposed to get in time for a graduation ceremony. The next day, I found the same camera 20% cheaper at another store. I called Meijer to ask about the status of my order and it was not shipped nor billed, but they would not let me cancel it stating that once it gets to the warehouse for fulfilling there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. They said that if I want, I can accept the order, then send it back, but I would lose my shipping charge. I decided not to deal with it and get the camera from them.
A week later, I called them to check on my status since I have not yet received the camera, nor any email saying it was shipped. They told me that it's on backorder and they have no idea when it will be back in stock. The other website was already sold out of the camera so I decided to wait. A couple more days have passed, and now I got an email saying that my order is canceled, with no explanations or details. It's a week from graduation and I have no camera thanks to Meijer's extremely bad service.

2010-02-23

"Great price and arrived within a week. Free shipping but they do charge tax in NJ. I don't think we have any stores here though. Must be a warehouse."

2010-02-10

"Buyer beware! I had an awful experience dealing with an error on Meijer.com's part. Their customer service is seriously lacking.

My billing address is different than my shipping address. I made sure to note this when I ordered, and when I was e-mailed an order confirmation everything looked great. Unfortunately there was a mix-up at some point in their shipping department, because my item ended up being sent to my billing address instead. When I called customer service for the first time I was informed that I should contact UPS and ask them to change it for me. I was a little miffed by this, as it wasn't my fault that they sent it to the wrong address, but I said ok and tried. Well UPS wanted to charge me money to do this, so I called Meijer back and asked them to take care of it. Apparently the customer service dept isn't allowed to help with shipping issues, so I was informed that someone else would have to call me back about it. Meanwhile UPS is trying to re-deliver my package to address that I am never at during the day, and I only have a few more days before they give up and send it back to the shipper. I believe I end up calling CS at least 5 times through out the process.. at one point a woman puts me on hold for 5+ minutes, then comes back and only says "it's been taken care of". When I ask exactly how it has, I am informed that her supervisor called UPS and "took care of it". I think, GREAT! and hang up, hoping that everything will be resolved and I'll get my package the next day. NOPE. UPS just tries to deliver it again to my billing address, and this time was the last attempt, so they sent it back to Meijer. I finally decide that I'm getting nowhere over the phone and e-mail CS. They agree to issue a refund to me. Guess what happens, a few days af6ter that, they send me the freaking package. to the correct address! At that point I wanted to chuck it into the garbage, I'm so frustrated. Honestly I could have paid maybe $5 more to order the product from a reputable dealer that I have purchased from before. I will remember that for the future, because saving a few bucks just isn't worth my sanity, and all of the time I wasted complaining and trying to get a resolution!

2010-01-23

"I was a bit nervous ordering from them the first time, because low prices often have a catch. However, it turned out to be a great experience throughout. My order was shipped quickly, I received a tracking number automatically, and my order arrived very well packed. I ended up having to return it, which was very easy. Request an RMA on their website and print out a FedEx label for free return shipping. Soon after that I received an email confirming my return and refund. Great store!"

2010-01-14

"They sent me the wrong item (although similar). It's nice that they have a policy of paying the return shipping, but it's such a hassle... I've asked if I can just get a discount instead of having to return it, we'll see what they say..."

2009-07-17

"I ordered Curtis Mathes Blu-ray Disc Player from them because they had what seems to be a great deal on a Blu-Ray player. Player arrived in acceptable amount of time however as I discovered some time later it was a horrible product. It will not play some of the new Blu-Ray movies like "Australia" and as I found out these players need firmware update once in a while. Well there was not new firmware available. Curtis Mathes seems like a very small company which probably doesn't have resource to these updates frequently. Besides that player lags horribly (I mean you have to wait about 2 minutes to load the title), it doesn't allow you skip any previews and if you stop it will not resume. I decided to return this piece of garbage and get a decent Sony unit. However Meijer was very uncooperative. They basically read me policy from their website (in real time) and said there's nothing that they can do."

2009-01-26

"My girlfriend ordered an item after I recommended it. She forgot to enter the 1/2 off shipping coupon (after the item already showed up on google shopping as having free shipping) and so paid an extra $30. She was reluctant to call customer service back since the woman had been so unpleasant to her previously. So I called and was informed that the order was in a pending status and would be for up to 48 *business* hours - so over a week! Meaning that we would not have a chance to cancel the order until the item was likely already shipped. This smacks of a bait and switch as well as a ridiculously hardball approach to customer service."

2008-12-02

"This company had a very low price for the product that I was shopping for. (a Garmin Nuvi). I was concerned because there were so few ratings. I called the company and they indicated that they have been in business, in Michigan, for many years. They assured me that the product was new (not refurbished) and that it had all of the items sold by the company in the box. They said the product was in stock. I ordered it and it shipped immediately. It arrived and was everything that I ordered. I would definatly do business with this company again."

2008-07-30

"First purchase from this vendor online, but knew of several stores in the mid-Atlantic. Got a Canon FS100, with the best price I found googling for several days. Item arrived brand new and well packed in 5 days as promised. "

Helpful (1) Cool

2008-06-21

"Ordered a Canon HD camcorder from Meijer on Fri. Received on the next Fri. They had the lowest price, free shipping and the order experience was excellent by all means ... except 1: they did a so so job on packing the box.
Will definetely do business with them again.

Share Meijer's store rating