Stores > Meijer

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Meijer by clicking a star below.
2013-12-27

"Do not buy from this place. Christmas Eve I opened the electric scooter I purchased for my son and it was pink. It totally ruined his main gift. I called early morning day after Christmas to complain. At this point I expected them to go out of their way to help make it up to my son. I was told that they are working on getting me free shipping. Than I was told that they will contact me about my case. I told them that the decent thing to her would be to give my son the scooter for free and have it delivered over night (That is what my company would have done, than again we like to keep our clients). I have not heard back from them all day that day and at the end of the following day I called again. I was told that we won't be able to get the scooter until the beginning of January and after waiting on hold for about 15 minutes for the manager I was offered 20% off. What crappy CS. I will never buy from Meijer again!"

2013-08-12

"I love to shop at my Meijer's, I find prices great, and the cashiers are so very helpful. My order was large but Patricia took her time to make sure everything was correctly priced also bagged safely. She went above her duties to place all my items in my cart, also called for a young man to help carry out. Once in a while they may run out of an item but always willing to give rain checks or give me another product. There store is clean and bright. ( 130 S Gary Ave
Bloomingdale, Illinois -Thank you

2013-05-04

"I purchased a shelving system for my living room with the idea of hiding my electronics and having space for books. Ascetically, it is very nice, just not particularly functional.

When it was finally delivered, 3 days shy of a month after the order, the box looked as if it had been dropped from the truck several times (mind you, shipping was $180+). It was taped and re-taped along with being saran wrapped and still looked awful. After inspecting the outermost pieces for damage, I reluctantly took delivery.

When I unpackaged and began to assemble it, it became apparent that either it had been raided for parts or had been returned from another customer. The very first part needed was missing and the box for hardware had been ripped open.

After realizing this, I reached out to Meijer to make me whole, either by getting me the parts, replacing the unit, or providing some sort of incentive to remain a customer. They proceeded to tell me that "it wasn't our fault", but the vendor's, provided me a number to call to get the part and said good luck. Upon this response, I decided this was not a company to do business with and requested they process a return. To return this piece, I have to go find a new box, since the one they delivered to me is destroyed, thereby causing more of an inconvenience.

Moral of the story: Meijer clearly doesn't stand behind the merchandise they are selling on their website and has no regard for their customer's time or repeat business. I will never purchase another item from them again.

2012-12-06

"NEVER BUY FROM THEM ON WEBSITE! They will send you anything that sounds like what you ordered and they could care less about what you say when you call them. The product I ordered they did not have and so they sent me something of less quality and charged me the same price!!!!!!!!!!!"

2012-10-24

"I will not order from Meijer.com ever again. I ordered a Halloween costume for my daughter that was only available online @ Meijer.com and it arrived damaged. There was a stain on the dress and another piece of the dress was missing. The costume looked like it had been previously worn & used and then brought back to the store and they resold it. Since the costume was only available online and not in any of the Meijer stores, I reordered another one and I had to pay extra to expedite the shipping to get the costume in time for Halloween. The 2nd costume arrived damaged too!!! There were pieces missing from the crown! Unbelieveable! This was my first and last experience ordering anything from them-NEVER AGAIN. I called the Orland Pk. IL store and they were not helpful at all. The gentleman seemed bewildered and didn't know how to help me. I was on the phone so long waiting for him to help me that my phone actually died! I called customer service and Angela was great! She helped me tremendously! She went above and beyond to do everythng she could to rectify the situation and in the end, I received a credit for the full amt. I paid for the first costume I ordered plus a credit for the shipping charges, so I'm so relieved that this ordeal is finally over. Thanks so much Angela!! *The excellent ratings below are for Angela-customer service rep. @ Meijer.com orders only. I give the Orland Pk. Meijer store a zero-negative:( "

2012-05-23

"horrible experience. I will never order from them again. My items have still yet to arrive. I placed four diffrent order with four diffrent people, and this one is the only place that is taking forever. i havent received any email update either. "

2012-01-18

"I placed an order with Meijer called a week later to check status of order and was told it should ship today. That night I recieved a cancelation notice just stating unable to process.
There's no home is more like it no longer than 6 hrs from ship to cancaled. Do not recommend for any future buys.

2011-12-18

"I ordered twice from this company this Christmas season. They were shipped quickly and were correct. I received an email acknowledgement when I placed the order, then another email (including a tracking number) the next day when the order shipped. I received both orders (each with multiple items) with no problems. "

2011-12-10

"let me state simply that meijer has no clue what customer service means. i placed an order for a fairly large item. after the deducted nearly $300 from my checking account a discrepancy in the shipping caused them to cancel the order. when i called to find out what the issue was i was first told my card had been declined, untrue...the money was deducted. then, after explaining what "pre-authorization" means they tried to tell me that they could not release the hold on my account. i work in banking, not only am i well aware of pre-authorizations i know that only the merchant can release a hold early. they refused to release my funds, stating that only the bank could do that, and they also refused to assist me in clearing up the discrepancy with the shipping stating that "once an order has been cancelled it cannot be reopened". they suggested that i log back in and purchase the item again. really? and where do you suppose i get $300 extra? then, in response to an email complaining about their customer service, the again gave me the definition of pre-authorization refusing to acknowledge my complaint of their horrible customer service. finally they claim to have attempted to release my funds but stated that no one at wells fargo could direct them to the proper department to handle the release of funds. funny...i had no trouble reaching the proper department to obtain the exact information they would need to release my funds. good luck to anyone who has to deal with meijer.com customer service.."

2011-07-14

"ordered 2 boxes of Coco Wheats. they shipped 2 days later and arrived a week after that. decent."

2011-05-26

"Although the store boasts international shipping, I was completely unsatisified with shopping there.

I had problem processing my credit card. Although I was using a US IP address and a US credit card, I was told this was not the case. Finally one of my 4 transactions went through. I don't even know why, because I didn't change my IP address or my card.

In a few days I got an e-mail saying my order was cancelled. I didn't mind and ordered the same items elsewhere. But in a few days they send me the message my order was shipped.

I tried to follow up with their e-mail, but they have never replied. Too bad. This store doesn't exist for me anymore.

2011-02-04

"Do not trust them to fulfill your order, OR to even know what's going on with it.

On 1/20/11, I ordered an advertised GPS for my husband's birthday on Feb 6. On 1/28 their online "status" was still "In Progress" so I called customer service. The representative had some difficulty finding the order, and when she did she said she would send an email to the distributor to check the status. It was supposed to take up to 3 business days for a response. When I asked why they wouldn't call instead, I got a run-around.
I was annoyed that I'd have to wait that long when it had already taken too long, so I got the name of the distributor and called them. After a lot of searching by merchant, order number, item UPC, and "ship to" (my name), I was told they did have several Meijer orders for that GPS, but none going to me. They confirmed they had the item in stock.
I called Meijer customer service and told them what I found out and was told they would "place the order again". On 2/3 I received an email stating it was supposed to be in stock. I called about delivery on 2/4 and was not able to get any information, but the notes on my account said I could cancel if I wanted to - I very specifically chose not to. Late in the same day I received a call from Meijer telling me that the distributor was out of stock and they had canceled my order.
I am angry because this was mishandled from beginning to unfortunate end. I feel my original order was probably not processed until after my first call, and when it finally did get done it was too late (it had been a sale item). Also, am terribly disappointed because I had a really great gift for my husband, only to find out 1 1/2 days before his birthday,(thanks to Meijer), that I DIDN'T have a gift after all.
I have done a considerable amount of online shopping, and have never had to deal with this type of incompetence before.

2010-12-24

"Waiting for resolution of incorrect product shipped to me. Not impressed so far with level of customer service.."

2010-12-24

"DO NOT BUY, DO NOT BUY, did I said DO NOT BUY from them. I placed a big order with them and only to receive a cancel email 6 hours later. The cancel reason for "INFO NOT VERIFIED". I did not received a call or an email before to solve the problem. Just plain out canceled my items. I called to the customer service and they told me my billing address does not match the credit card company. I do my shopping on the net 95% of the time with the same credit card. Anyway, I ask them to correct the billing address (if it was even incorrect the first time) and process the order. They said "THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO DO IT". If an order is canceled, I have to place a new order. That's like 1990 technology. The worst part is they hold my money ($3000) even though they said my credit card was not charged. IT'S RIDICULOUS! I'LL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MERCHANT EVER AGAIN. "

2010-12-13

"We bought a fire truck toddler bed from Meijer after some research and price comparison online. We also used a 10% off online coupon.

Meijer had the best prices, and the shipment arrived on schedule as expected. It was no fuss and everything was smooth. We will certainly buy from them again.

Share Meijer's store rating

Meijer is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Meijer is not a merchant member
Meijer does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!