Pets
1,792 reviews
    M-F 7am to 6pm PST. Saturday 8am to 4pm.
    714-385-0080

Shipping & packaging: 10.00/10
Customer service: 10.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 10.00/10

Best store for shore!

"This is my go to place for aquarium equipment, i have one other well known place and when marine depot doesnt have what i need then i will order from the other place!"

2018-01-31

Fast, accurate, great selection, awesome prices, and support of my local club!

"Marine Depot has become my go to source for everything they carry! I order from them several times a year. They normally ship the same day, and my order is always perfect. They also have nearly everything I need for the hobby for very competitive prices. On top of all that they are a great supporter of our local reef club. I will continue to be a long term customer!"

2018-01-31

Like Tony the Tiger says, "They're GRRRREAT!"

"I have been shopped many online marine retailers over the years, and I keep going back to the one and only Marine Depot. Every experience I have had with Marine Depot has been beyond pleasing. Once when I realized I messed up on shipping an item to the wrong address, I contacted them to correct the issue, they went above an beyond and even upgraded my shipping status. In the days of Amazon's two day shipping, having to wait three whole days for a package is excruciating. Marine Depot alleviated me of this agony with upgraded shipping, at no cost to me. They are always striving to make their customers happy, and by George, they have done it! Shop with Marine Depot and you will always be one satisfied customer. "

A+++ Marine Depot

"Outstanding Service, Great Prices and Easy Financing. Got some great reviews from there YouTube channel which influenced my last purchase. "

2017-12-08

Fast Shipping, Friendly Support

"I've been a Marine Depot customer for 10 years. Orders to California where I live typically arrive the next day, although my last order for Aquatic Life Twist-In RO/DI filter cartridge replacements and two Hanna Checkers arrived in two days. The staff is responsive to questions on social media and I find their videos to be helpful in making purchasing decisions."

2017-07-31

Unbelievable

"I was bringing my business to this company, always thinking in supporting the small guys. But now, I don't know how in this day and age these people are still on business. Total disregard for their customers.
They called me to tell me the transaction has been decline by my CC. Ironically I was opening an email from my CC saying that they had approved a transaction with card not present. I logged into my online account and I saw the transaction there. I called the CC, they assured me that the transaction was approved, they even provided me a number to support the store. I called back MarineDepot, they didn't want to hear me at all, they could not even care for the CC number to call them. I guess that there is a reason why people buy from Amazon.

2017-06-30

Garbage. App don't work. Do not buy.

"Garbage. App don't work. Do not buy. Contacted the app creator and tech support they said they are working on it. meanwhile they charge over $100 for this little piece of garbage. "

2017-06-16

Got a problem with Marine Depot you will get no response. Avoid at all costs.

"I ordered a steering wheel that did not fit the boat and I called to see if they had any way to make it work and the phone just went to a voicemail box that was full so I could not even leave a message.

Sent an email and no response.

Avoid at all costs.

Horrible customer experience.

2017-03-01

deceived again

"i have purchased thousands of dollars worth of items from marine depot and every time the packing **** and is causing severe damage to my purchases , tying up my money and time , i bought a external pump motor skimmer and when i received it it was a internal motor skimmer and was overheating my tank , i was told a return shipping tag would be sent and it never arrived more than a year ago , my recent purchase was for a 625.00 nitrate reactor and they threw the media in the box loosely and and it was shipped back, / returned not more than 25 miles away from my house , due to the poor packaging letting the media spill inside of shipping box causing my whole order to be returned because of 18.00 in media , they are unwilling to cover next day shipping , and say it should be there "

2016-08-09

No Product Support

"Dealt with them for many years. Everything was great until I had a problem with an item I bought from them. They did absolutely nothing to let me return the defective item, or help with warranty. STAY AWAY FROM. When you have a problem you are on your own. Many of the items they carry have no support from the overseas manufacturer."

2016-07-25

Getting the shaft after 10+ Years of Loyalty

"I’ve been a customer of Marine Depot for the past 10 years. Getting back into the aquarium hobby, I decided to go back to Marine Depot to purchase my items. In the past couple of weeks I’ve spent over $3000 designing my new aquarium. They were very nice to me, and went through a list of items and recommendations of equipment that I would need.
I have never had a problem with Marine Depot before until today. One of the items that was on my list did not work with the tank that I have purchased. Please keep in mind the list was discussed with the folks at Marine Depot and both items that did not work together were purchased from them.
Over the past 10+ years, I have never returned anything. This was my first time ever trying to return something at Marine Depot. The cost of this one item is $285. To keep things short, Marine Depot said that I could not return it and I am stuck with the $285 piece of equipment. I could go ahead and purchase the upgraded item for $349, but I would not receive any credit for the $285 spent.
My advice, Do not buy from marinedepot.com. They are very nice when you are buying items, but guaranteed if you try to return something it most likely will not happen. I usually buy from more reputable online businesses like Amazon, but I do try to bring business to smaller businesses. This mistake cost me $285. It’s just not the money, but more of a feeling of helplessness when the merchant says “nothing they can do”.

2016-03-15

Worse experience ever!!!

"I have a leaking device, call customer service and after a week they told me to send the item back. I had to pay for the item to be packaged and shipped out of my own dime. After a week from shipment they tell me the the item is a total loss due to being damage. So now I have to deal with the ups store. Bad customer service and very fishy practice. I don't trust them and like their practice. Bad customer service. "

2015-05-08

"There only two online aquatic supply dealers I will deal with and I've tried most marine depot is one great customer service and foster and smith the rest of them can't even come close."

2014-11-02

"We have had this fish tank since April. It is fantastic! Clear viewing and it works great. No problems at all. Thank you."

2014-07-29

"Great service !!! . will be a repeat customer"

Share Marine Depot's store rating