1-888-624-6432

Shipping & packaging: 8.13/10
Customer service: 8.75/10
Return/Replacement policy: 7.50/10
2015-10-09

"There was a problem with the computer. However, Maingear took complete ownership of the issue and resolved the problem."

2015-10-07

"I am a partner at one of the nation's largest employment law firms exclusively representing management. Therefore, from a professional standpoint, I handle legal problems that arise from companies that have bad customer service. As a consumer, I deal with bad customer service from most companies ranging from multiple fruitless calls; being hung-up on; dealing with customer service representatives who read a script and then pass the buck. However, MainGear customer service was sublime, no endless automated system; spoke with a knowledgeable human almost immediately; Jake ran a diagnosis immediately and fixed the problem (Hurrah for Jake) and his boss Ivan made sure all of his employees are just as good as Jake! Congratulations A++++++ Customer for life!"

2015-09-21

"We purchased our first Maingear system in December of 2012 - an F131. It was a wonderful system and very well design and built. There were a few problems of course that a former member of their company (I was informed that he is no longer with them) was able to rectify: I was told over the phone that AMD systems had UEFI when they did not and when we found out four months later trying to boot something that required UEFI he was very quick to fix it.

After that incident, all was fine. In fact, we even sent the F131 in for a ~$220+ upgrade - to get a new PSU (AX860 and Liquid Cooling). The person I spoke to and had it done was Joe who was again a very good person to work with and you'll find that throughout all of Maingear.

[Updated to Reflect Changes to Circumstances as of 9/23/2015]

In nearly three years time I've truly only had to use the RMA process twice: a DVD player that had its face plate broken during the return trip from New Jersey to Washington, D.C. and a recent incident over the GPU: rapid signal losses over HDMI and DisplayPort.

The first RMA went excellently and actually they didn't want the DVD drive back due to the fact they told me shipping for it would be covered by them which would make logical since as the DVD drive only lost its face plate in the first place due to transit between NJ and WDC. So we really have spare DVD drive though it's doubtful we'll ever need it in the service life of this F131.

The second RMA got off to a good start but had a "rocky middle." This really also the only time I would consider as "having to use the warranty." The GPU had begun to show signs of failure so Maingear attempted to replace it with what I was told was their last MSI Twin Frozr 660Ti but by the time it arrived from New Jersey the box was so bashed up and beaten it was remarkable the card worked at all. To continue on this, the card was actually rather damaged as it turns out: it's physically bent near the back where the power connectors are, it's voltages are highly unstable, and the GPU reached a temperature that resulted in the F131 shutting down automatically. Now we are using MSI Afterburner to force the clock speeds down and fan speeds up which has thankfully worked so far.

It took a few days of back and forth calling and emailing between Jake, Jeremy, and eventually Ron who essentially does what Chris (mentioned earlier in the review) used to do. Unfortunately, there is no direct path from the 660Ti to the nVidia 900 series cards - no 960Ti. That only left the 960 and the 970. Due to the fact there was no middle ground, there was "complications" in determining which would be the appropriate product.

Eventually, we agreed upon the 960 but not any 960 - the MSI OC 4GB Gaming GeForce GTX 960 which is a compromise between a basic 960 and the 970: essentially the middle ground though I admit that the cut to Memory Bandwidth (144.2GB/sec to 98GB/sec and Memory Bus (from 192bit to 128bit) does concern us - even with the advancements made with the Maxwell architecture since we use multi-monitors in a 4:4:4 color space (duplicated to a big projector via WHDI or Wireless HDMI). However, many reviews say that nVidia's memory compression technology in Maxwell is the reason behind why they can lower the physical width of the bus but still compete and beat out 512bit cards offered by AMD.

I should also make a note here that Maingear will be paying the shipping costs for the return of the malfunctioning and damaged GPU.

Hopefully this card can maintain the performance seen by the three generation old 660Ti on "Very High" in Star Citizen - minor struggles in the hanger and looking at certain things on ArkCorp but not a hint of a problem in space. That's really what we were looking for.

I should make a note here too that Ron, who noticed that Star Citizen seems to be one of the primary games played on the F131, sent us code for a Mustang Omega package as well (a $60 value for anyone keeping count) which was rather generous of him to do.

Considering all the facts, would we buy a Maingear again? It is extremely likely. The Maingear Shift seems to be the product we've had our eye on as a "replacement" to the F131 once it reaches the end of its "service life" and if built with the quality and care as our current F131, it will no doubt serve as an excellent upgrade in the future.

We have forwarded many people to Maingear. Nothing beats the "Made In America" feel backed by American support that understands the issues faced whether they are gaming related or general system related. They do not try to oversell you on products and advise you very well on what's appropriate for your needs. We plan on sticking with Maingear.

2015-09-02

"I'm very satisfied with MAINGEAR and how they handled the problems I had with my PC. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a good pre-built PC."

2015-07-28

"Four years ago, I purchased a F131 Super Sport desktop PC, and it has performed very well since new. Shortly thereafter I purchased a second PC, an eX-L15 laptop, which has performed flawlessly. Over those four years, I only needed to call Maingear on a few occasions, for answers to simple technical questions. Their employees were happy to answer those questions.

Recently, I needed to contact Maingear for some technical assistance related to a hardware upgrade that I would perform. In preparation for the upgrade, I spoke with Tech Support employee, Jeremy Chisamore, a couple of times, for answers to some simple preliminary questions. Jeremy was helpful and unhurried with those questions and I decided to speak with him during the actual upgrade process because I had not done this kind of upgrade before. The upgrade should have been fairly simple and not time consuming.

Well, when Jeremy and I attempted to tackle the procedure, we ran into a very strange problem, that turned out to be a hybrid hardware/software issue, which required an extensive test of Jeremy's technical and trouble-shooting capabilities – as well as a considerable amount of our time. But after taking a step-by-step approach to carefully narrowing down what the problem might be, Jeremy was eventually able to identify the esoteric problem and then easily remedy it.

I'm very grateful for Jeremy's able assistance and his time, and after that frustrating project I'm now even more committed to relying on Maingear for my future PC needs. I don't expect to be in the market in the near term for another PC, but I'm already looking forward to the purchase of my next Maingear computer. Thank you, Maingear for hiring such well qualified employees, as Jeremy.

2015-07-15

"I had a superb experience with Maingear and it really is my pleasure to take the time to write this review. Maingear caught my eye initially with their new parts and relatively low pricing compared to other custom PC builders. On top of this, I contacted them and informed them that I had a very similar set-up planned with one of their competitors and I was on the fence. I also sent this same e-mail to the other company.

What happened? The other company (supposedly reputable) simply never got back to me. On the other hand, a friendly and informative Maingear rep e-mailed me back within an hour of my e-mail. He offered me some additional suggestions and savings that put Maingear over the mark for me. Thank you Jeremy Chisamore and Anthony Cali at Maingear, you guys are an asset to the organization!

With that said, I received my rig not but two weeks ago and have been loving its performance and build quality. It's also worth noting that Maingear stocks very new components, they got in the Nvidia 6GB Titan very quickly after it was released and integrated into their options system.

I am totally satisfied with the process, customer interaction/communication, price and performance of Maingear, I highly recommend them!

Chassis: Vybe Windowed Compact Mid-Tower Case Included
DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)
Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: NVIDIA®
GeForceT GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

2015-06-30

"My second Maingear! I'm a lifer! Fast, durable and dependable. My five year old tower is still running like a dream. I just bought a laptop for business after loving the tower at home."

2015-06-24

"Placed my order in late May and by early June, as promised, I was experiencing smooth and fast gaming with my first ever PC. My Potenza is a compact machine that runs cool and quiet.

While I did not intended to build a computer myself, I priced out the parts and found that Maingear's markup was a great value. I got a professional build, system testing, warranty and support for a very acceptable price. For my money the value added was a bargain.

Maingear delivered the product, service, and price I wanted and I even like the T-shirt.
Highly recommended!

Highlights:
CPU: i5 4690
Graphics: GTX 970

2015-06-18

"I have had my Main Gear for a couple of years now. Overall my satisfaction with my PC is great. It moves at a pace that is so fast I almost wonder if it is predicting the future at times. I have yet to through a game or task that my F131 can't handle. The computer has had some hick ups along the way but overall my satisfaction with Maingear could not be higher right now. I had to send my PC in once which I was worried about, my worries quickly went away. They take care of your PC as if it was their own. When it is shipped it is padded extremely heavy; to the point that Jim Carry /Ace Ventura UPS delivery man could not hurt it. What impresses me the most is their tech support. I seem to deal with Jeremy at Maingear every time I call in and I am more than ok with this. He is an excellent tech. Every time I call in for assistance he goes well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my unit is diagnosed/running properly and that I am pleased. I honestly can't say enough good things about Jeremy and the tech support team at Maingear. My most recent experience with them is a huge reason why I decided to write a review. The time spent righting my issues and taking care of everything truly turned a horrible day into a great day. In my F131's 2 year life spans it has been a problem free pc for the most part. This and knowing that the tech support at Maingear will always have my back is the reason why I will continue on with Maingear products as well as recommend them to people in the market. "

2015-06-18

"As a longtime gamer on Maingear computers, the latest laptop at my side was an Alt-15 perfectly suited for what I needed. Now I'm headed into the realm of high performance 4K and VR gaming, so there was no one else I'd rather have build a quality desktop for me. Anyone interested in their custom PCs or notebooks can speak with Maingear builders themselves to make sure it meets your exact specifications. They have great support available as well, and I've not had any issues that required service. Check out Maingear's website or Twitter page to see what they've been up to lately. You won't be disappointed."

2015-06-17

"I've purchased my first Maingear PC, the Maingear drift in May 2015. I have been having the Drift for about a month Now and I couldn't be more pleased with the built quality and fine paint job. the specs include: Intel Core i5 4th generation , 8gig of RAM,and a NVIDIA GeForceGTX 970 with a Gigabyte-GA-97N motherboard. I must say even under heavy loads it is quiet as a mouse when compared to a next generation console"

2015-06-13

"What can I say, MAINGEAR does an amazing job at building a computer and making the customer satisfied. I purchased my first PC from them back in 2010 and it was incredible. So good that I decided to get my new PC from them again just last month. I never had any problems with either PC, except my first one was just getting old and outdated (it happens). My new PC is incredible and performs just as expected. MAINGEAR was very fast to respond to emails during the building process, and always treated me as if I was important to them. I recommend MAINGEAR to people regularly and I will certainly b purchasing a new system from them in the future when the time comes! Thanks MAINGEAR!"

2015-06-12

"I always wondered why people would spend a ton of money on a lambo or a Ferrari. Then I found Maingear and learned why. The quality Maingear presents is amazing. Not only is my Vybe aesthetically astounding on the outside, but the inside is neat and organized. Maingear left the door open for me to add another graphics card or even another SSD and they even provided the cords to do it. I will be a Maingear customer for life. 10/10"

2015-06-07

"Recently I purchased the Potenza from Maingear. I received it in a timely manor and it is awesome! Looks and runs great. I won't hesitate to recommend Maingear to my friends. "

2015-05-31

"I recently purchased a Vybe H81 with I7 and GTX 980 from Maingear. Everything is great! The case is very nice and things are very well organized inside. I haven't really tried the games on the PC yet since I wanted to use it for scientific computing mainly (with the high speed GTX 980). The system (installed an Ubuntu myself) is pretty stable with some heavy use - training a machine learning program nonstop for a couple of days.

When the time comes to upgrade my PC, I'd definitely come back to Maingear!

Share Maingear Computers's store rating

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,438 merchant members.