Stores > MagicMicro

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.03/10 7.03/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.17/10 6.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
Voice your opinion! Review MagicMicro by clicking a star below.

2017-11-22

It is okay

"I was expecting substantial improvements with graphics and performance overall. It actually runs a little bit slower for me than my old PC did despite the fact that my MagicMicro is almost twice the machine spec-wise. Add to the fact that my internet is glitzy and MagicMicro's tech support, while friendly, is not overly helpful (for me. I would say that they are helpful to people who don't have my history) and I'm left trying to decide what to do next. My history is that for 20+ years, I have been doing IT work. The only reason I am not now is that I had a stroke and am no longer able to work. But I figure I can spend hours and hours on the phone with their tech support (which is neither good for me OR them. I tend to ramble because I can't stand silence. It is one of the many "party favors" I had for having the stroke. I felt sorry for the two guys in tech support I spoke to already because I just wouldn't shut up!) or I can just try to solve it myself. Unfortunately, solving it myself requires that I spend even more money in the coming months. "

2017-11-20

Always Quality Builds

"This will be the third computer build we have had done through Magic Micro. All three have been great computers and all are still running fine."

2017-11-18

Great customer service

"I have been purchasing from them for over 10 years and they never seems to amaze me with their great service and prices. Even with configuring my own system them help me select the right components. "

2017-11-14

Excellent Customer Service during purchase!

"Purchased a Bare Bone System and I missed a few items during my purchase. I was assisted by someone that asked the right questions and was very helpful solving my over looked items. System worked out great. Thanks again Elena!"

2017-11-10

Lots of options, great customer service!

"I like the interface -- there are plenty of pre-configured systems to choose from. If you don't find exactly what you want, you can customize; pick your case and all the motherboard/CPU/RAM options are in pull-down menus. Sound cards, video, Blue-Ray players, cooling options, etc. They will try to up-sell after your order is placed, but it's low-key and easily ignored, though some of the suggestions were quite reasonable. No pressure, though. Great overall experience."

2017-10-20

Magic Micro was Great!!

"Elena was fantastic. She provided guidance on the configuration of the computer. She also was very accommodating on the shipping and answering some relatively ignorant questions on my part!"

2017-10-18

did not deliver

"will not load os call there support 4 times answer machine said they will call back no call back, emailed them they say call our support line. they answered then hung up, call back later, tech said
your os will not work on this computer here is rma #

2017-10-16

Extrememly knowledgeable

"The selections I made on the web site to build my system were incompatible due to my lack of knowledge. With the help of Elena, we were able to create the system I wanted perfectly. The system arrived in perfect condition; I added in the components I had and was up and running in a matter of 1 hour.
I'm extremely happy with the entire process.

2017-10-10

OUTSTANDING SERVICE

"I do not know much about computers. I bought a BAREBONES one with the thought of taking parts from my old one
and using them on the new one. This proved to be very hard. Service was on the phone with me for hours helping me.
I can't thank them enought.
Bob

2017-10-02

great

"great was excellent fine and happy"

2017-09-29

Ryzen 1600x on MSI B350M

"Overall I am happy with the barebones system I received. However, I spent hours trouble shooting the system to find out why it would loop boot. One of the sticks of RAM was bad and would sometimes post, but was stuck in a constant boot cycle. Huge headach. RAM was replaced. Before I realized it was the RAM, I pulled the heat sink and reseated the processor. So, I had to buy some thermal compound to replace what was on there. "

2017-09-18

Bought a bare bones.

"Ordered a bare bones tower. Found out that the motherboard was on backorder. They offered to give me a little better one with more slots at no extra charge. No brainer. Wonderful service! "

2017-09-02

Perfect

"This computer was exactly what I ordered, works perfectly, and was delivered in a timely manner. They even went the extra mile to analize my build and succest other buys to increase the performance of the computer. I never would have been able to build this computer with my current knowledge. I purchaced it for the cyber security program based on specs they gave me. Perfect "

2017-08-24

Terrible Customer Service

"While trying to outfit my new computer I purchased a GeForce GTX 1080 video card. I was told via email that processing my order would be 2-3 days and then they would send it out for shipment (they would email or call me if there was any issues with my order). I waited a week beyond the 3 day processing time and when I didnt receive it or an email with shipping info I called Magic Micro to inquire if there were any problems. I was told that there was an internal mix up and it had not been shipped yet, but it would be out that day for shipment and that I would receive an email with shipping info. No email came, so I called again the next day and at this point I was told they would not be filling my order for atleast a month due to the fact that they had a limited supply of video cards due to a manufacturer supply issue (crypto-currency miners buying up video cards for cheap processing power) and what they had went to customers that purchased a whole computer system. Not whoever ordered the card first, whoever spent the more money first!! As outrageous as this was, I could have accepted it if they had a statement on their site that they had limited supply, or an explanation of their policy in an email after the order processing time (or anytime in the week I waited for shipping information or a shipment arrival). No, they waited until I CALLED THEM and then strung me along of ANOTHER day before telling me they had nothing for me. They never even changed their website to reflect this shortage. They just keep letting people order parts and then leave them hanging. I will never do business with them again, and I will be actively warning anyone I know who is in the market to steer clear of them as well."

Rep reply posted Aug-28-2017

A rep from MagicMicro, Magicmicro, has responded

“Dear customers

Upon receipt of the order our system automatically sends email saying that it would be processed in 2-3 days. Yes, we practically solely build computers, and do not promote separate components which you can only see on our site because they have to be showing in custom configurator menus.

Unfortunately other orders (which happened to be for whole computers) were placed prior to this one and were given higher priority. As you probably remember there was not just shortage for those cards at that time – there were just no GTX 1080 available nationwide - period. We were hoping that it would be temporary but it had lasted longer than customer was ready to wait. When one orders custom computer we are able to offer different model and still process the order but when a particular card was ordered there was not much we could do.

It is unfortunate that we miscommunicated the information to the customer and we do take the blame for that. We just have want to assure you that such global shortages are extremely rare and do not affect our (or anybody’s) normal course of business.

Magic Micro Customer Service

2017-08-23

Repeat customer since 2007

"Online configurator is a breeze to use. With rare exception, parts prices are very competitive with popular retailers - online or otherwise.
I've been highly satisfied with the customer support I've received.

You won't find the latest style trends (not much in the way of tempered glass cases or RGB internals here), but you do find solid equipment at a very decent price.

Share MagicMicro's store rating

MagicMicro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MagicMicro is a merchant member
MagicMicro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,473 merchant members.