Stores > Madison Seating

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.57/10 6.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.30/10 6.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.90/10 6.90/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.96/10 6.96/10
Voice your opinion! Review Madison Seating by clicking a star below.

Excellent Customer Service

"Madison Seating is very easy to do business with. They problem solved an issue within 2 hours of me contacting them."

Steelcase Leap Chair

"I love my chair! It arrived nicely bubble wrapped and was easy to assemble. I noticed it was cracked on the bar in the back, and they issued me a full refund and were very cooperative! Thanks Madison Seating!"

Steelcase Leap Chair

"I have ordered three Leap chairs over several years from Madison. The first two arrived in perfect shape. The third chair had a damaged lumbar support. I sent a photo of the damage to the service department and they agreed to send a new replacement chair without my returning the damaged chair. I could not be more pleased or satisfied."

Steelcase Leap chair

"I'm extremely happy with my transaction with Madison Seating. They shipped my single item cross country and it arrived in excellent condition. The packaging was excellent - everything was securely bubble-wrapped and assembly instructions easy to find and the shipment arrived a day earlier than expected. The chair is supremely comfortable and I'm grateful to have found this outfit."

Warranty Process is Unsatisfactory

"We purchased several chairs from Madison. We had an arm break on one of the chairs within warranty. Even though it was covered under warranty they required me to pay for their $75 shipping fee back to them. They then told me it would be another $75 for them to ship it back to me. I asked if they could put it on my FedEx account and they said they would make an exception. So I paid for shipping both ways on a warranty issue. Then I received the replacement and the arm is broken. They said I had to file a claim with FedEx. The box was not damaged and they are having me do the claim. I will not likely be shopping with Madison again.

Madison is requiring me to remove this review in order for them to do the right thing and replace the arm to my chair. (See email below) I wish they would have simply done the right thing and then asked me to take the review down, which I would have happily done. I have changed my review to 1 star. I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Hi Keith,

Our marketing department has advised us that a negative review was posted to Resellerratings.com concerning this matter.

Your email was under review with management to see if an exception can be made and a replacement sent to you in lieu of returning the entire chair again for servicing.

However, they are unable to make any concessions or extend any courtesies unless that review is rescinded, and an email is sent back confirming that negative feedback will not be posted.

We await your response.

Customer Service

They took care of me.

"I ordered a Knoll Life chair, and was originally unhappy with my purchase. I contacted their customer service and they resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

I ordered my chair on 01/16/18.

Excellent Packing -shipped FedEx Ground

"Bought a Herman Miller open box Celle. Didn't realize I purchased Base model Celle. Cost too much too return ship. Worth the Open box price I paid. Should have saved up for model with more features. My own fault..."

Cancelled and got a refund.

"Decided I didn't want the chair. They refunded my money. Good customer support."

Purchased two great chairs

"I purchased two Humanscale chairs from Madison Seating at a great price. Customer service and product are excellent."

always ship refurbished products advertise as new

"always ship refurbished products advertise as new, bad seller. Ripped off."

Defective Chair Replacement

"We ordered 10 Leap Chair V2's by Steelcase and one was damaged during delivery. The customer service at Madison Seating is top-notch; quick to respond and very helpful. They sent us a replacement chair free of charge, without having to re-package the defective chair and return it, in return for writing a review on this website.
We have placed orders with Madison Seating before, and we will continue to order from them for our office furniture needs. They take customer service extremely seriously and have great prices on name brand furniture.

Prompt Problem Resolution

"We ordered 7 Leap chairs from Madison Seating. Upon delivery we found three were broken. We sent an email with photos to customer service and received a response and satisfactory resolution within the day. We would definitely order from them again based on their excellent customer service. ~ Gulf to Bay Sotheby's Int'l Realty Boca Grande, FL"

Great customer service

"I ordered an Allsteal Acuity chair from Madison Seating and received exactly what I expected. I had an issue with the chair making a noise when I leaned back and they were incredibly quick to respond and sent a replacement out to me. Very happy and will shop here again if I have home office needs. "

Professional Customer Service - Readily available and eager to support

"The low prices are very attractive. But I understood this was because I was getting a refurbished chair, not brand new. This was clearly stated on the web page. Even so, I was able to make some customization choices on the seat and back fabric colors. There was some delay to the delivery but since the purchase was made during the holiday period, I took into consideration how busy everyone can be during that time. The chair arrived it a very heavy duty cardboard box, not the thinner grade boxes so many companies are using. There was a huge amount of the heavier grade bubble wrapping, securely taped. I had to assemble the seat (just slid on) and attach the two arms.

Once assembled, I noticed the chair would make a loud popping sound when moving such as reclining, shifting weight left or right. I had just experienced this same issue with brand new chairs and my work place. And this is the same chair manufacturer. I learned how to correct this problem and did that on my own chair but the problem is still happening. At this point, I called customer service. Every time I called, I was able to connect very quickly and had a very polite and professional rep assist me. Same situation when communication via email. Quick replies with good answers. They agreed to mail new parts to correct the popping problem. I don't have to mail anything back. I expect the new parts will remedy my issue. Unfortunate delays to the final result but not a deal breaker.

"Do not make the mistake of buying anything from Madison Seating. The prices catch your eye -- and the truth is that they are simply too good to be true. Here is what you end up with:

-Huge delays in shipping
-Wrong items sent
-Used products sent
-Poor customer service
-Fraudulent representation of products on the website

As anyone else who has been scammed by this company has learned (and look around the web to read the stories) you may end up with a used chair or a defective chair, a grey-market chair, or simply a different chair than you actually ordered. But to return it (if they grant you permission to do so) will cost you a major chunk of money -- first there so the "restocking fee" - even if the problem was their fraudulent representation of the item -- second is how you find a carrier that will ship a massive and heavy box at a rate less than $100. Because Madison wont pay for shipping to return anything. I should have known when they advertised a chair for $267 that is sold all day long at Crate and Barrel for $800+. It's simply too good to be true. Save yourself the disappointment and ship elsewhere.

Share Madison Seating's store rating

Madison Seating is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Madison Seating is not a merchant member
Madison Seating does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!