888-704-3435

Customer service: 5.79/10
Return/Replacement policy: 6.39/10
2018-05-29

Amazing Customer Service!

"I ordered a chair that had an issue and the company quickly and effectively assisted me and even sent me a new chair free of charge.I will definitely recommend them and use them again!"

2018-05-27

Positive customer service experience

"We recently ordered 10 chairs for our office and they arrived right on time. We had minor issues with a few of the chairs and the service team was quick to resolve the issues. The next time we are in need of chairs, we will be ordering them from Madison Seating."

2018-05-24

Defective Product, Shady Return Policy, Poor Customer Service

"I purchased a Herman Miller Aeron chair.

- Took 18 days to ship. Shipping only took 1 day. Repeatedly called asking why it had not shipped. Never got a straight answer.

- When it arrived, one of the feet was snapped off. Package was not insulated in box at all. Received a free replacement wheel in mail.

- 2 weeks later I noticed the chair was sinking. Height adjustment appears to be failing, indicating a very old refurb chair. The original manufacturer sticker was removed. Shady, right?

- Madison offered to replace the whole chair, which was very nice, but I already threw out the original box (don't make this mistake!) and did not have a box large enough to ship. I called Fedex, USPS, UHaul, and all other Boston local shippers: nobody has boxes large enough unless you purchase in 25 counts over $100. Plus the return shipping is the buyers responsibility. I relayed all of this to Madison and asked for compromise. I asked if I could buy a new chair and return the bad chair in the new chair's box. They declined saying that it would put me over my 30 days return policy. They said that it didn't matter that I had complained weeks before the 30 day limit. The phone rep sounded verbally irritated with my questions. I was out of options.

This was honestly one of the worst buying experiences I've ever had. Excellent example of paying for what you get. My recommendation to potential buyers is that you spend the extra $200-$300 for a brand new chair, or buy from an actually accredited reseller. You'll have the chair forever and you'll thank yourself later. I should have done my research on Madison before buying. Their lawsuit history is pretty shady, and I was very turned off by the fact that Madison removed the original manufacturing info sticker from the chair. I don't think this was worth the potential savings. Good luck.

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-05-24

Good price, Great customer service

"Bought Leap Chair V2 by Steelcase. Received the order on time. The customer service is great - over the phone or/and e-mail. Highly recommend. "

2018-05-22

Excellent Customer Service

"We ordered 15 Leap chairs with 1 arrived with a broken back. Madison Seating customer service promptly replaced the broken chair. We love the new chairs and will not hesitate to purchase from Madison Seating again. "

2018-05-21

Executive Chair/ Executive Service

"I have been enjoying a chair that I purchased last year that recently needed servicing. Madisonseating offered to simply replace my old chair for a new one at no cost as part of their warranty service. Truly exceptional product, price and servicing. "

2018-05-16

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY...BE WARNED!

"DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY...BE WARNED! I purchased an Aeron chair in January and had no issues. I purchased another Aeron chair in April, delivered May 4th and the left arm will not stay in place and falls down constantly. I contacted Madison Seating and was told that the chair needs minor adjusting and to take the back off to adjust. I advised that I shouldn't have to further adjust the chair beyond assembly and would like to exchange the chair. The representative Matthew became extremely rude. He indicated that they will not exchange the chair for another. He also indicated that the chair can be returned, but no further purchases will be allowed moving forward. What kind of company does that and communicates in that way? Madison Seating claims to have a hassle free return policy, yet hassles it's customers when they complain about their sub-par product."

2018-05-15

Good Customer Service

"Product was good quality but damaged in shipping. Customer service promptly responded and offered to ship replacement."

2018-05-12

Great price and customer service

"I ordered a Steelcase Leap chair for home (after using one for years at my office) due to a sale price that was too good to pass up. Unfortunately, when the chair arrived, parts related to holding the back in position were broken. Given the low price I wasn't sure how this would be handled (I don't know if it was shipped this way or broke during shipping) but was pleasantly surprised. Customer service was very responsive and took care of the issue quickly. After discussing a couple of options they sent out a replacement which arrived in good condition.

The product arrived in good shape. It was an "open box"/used item but has clearly been reupholstered, and wear parts such as the armrest tops appear to be new.

2018-05-09

Beware

"Beware of complaining about a bad experience, which you will probably have. They will attack you on the web and drag your business or workplace into it. I’ve filed BBB and Attorney General Complaints and they still respond with lies. "

2018-05-07

Customer Service

"Ordered a Steelcase Leap chair from Madison Seating. Upon receipt of the chair, the back had broken. The agent offered to replace the chair at no cost to me, much apprecaited!"

2018-04-24

Customer Service

"We ordered eight Steelcase leap chairs for our office. When they arrived, one of the chairs had a broken back and wheel casting. I emailed customer service with a picture, and they responded quickly. They will be shipping out a replacement chair. "

2018-04-23

Excellent Value

"Purchased 14 Steelcase chairs. The chairs were delivered when promised. Every contact with Customer Service was answered very quickly.
They replaced a couple of broken chairs without a hassle. We will purchase from them again!

2018-04-19

Horrible Customer Service Threatened my Business

" Received chair today. Cat hair in the wheels. Called Madison seating. The woman on the phone told me you get what you pay for. I asked for customer service she declined to transfer me. I said I’d like to file a complaint she said send an email I say OK I have to do a rating going Facebook and she said that’s right and I can write about your coaching business too! Have you ever worked with a company that threatens your business because you found cat hair in the wheels ? Be careful working with this company. "

2018-04-18

Great Customer Service

"I ordered a life chair through Madison Seating. It came as promised but one part was defective. I reached out to customer service who was very responsive. They made good on it and replaced the chair right away. Their response via email and through the phone was great and they took care of the issue immediately. They take customer service very seriously and told us to keep the chair with the defective part in order to speed up the process. We will continue to order products from them!"

Share Madison Seating's store rating