Stores > Mac Auto Parts
  • Mac Auto Parts

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Mac Auto Parts by clicking a star below.
2017-11-13

Shipping and handling

"I purchased a gasket set for $10.49. The Shipping and handling cost $8.79. This item could have been sent in a small envelope for $.45 instead they sent it in a box that could hold a football. "

2017-10-12

Just Cancel the Order and Dont say Annything

"Hey there's a reason MAC Auto Parts has such a poor reputation. For one thing when they cannot make your order for whatever reason LIKE: Cant get the parts or meet the price they quote you....then they'll just cancel the order and leave you hanging waiting for it! Not poor service but NO SERVICE These guys really deserve no stars
Experienced Ebay and Amazon customer Trust me there are plenty of good online parts companies now Find one and use them but not these guys.

2017-06-24

Horrible customer service

"Was told our order would be delivered Thursday; Thursday came and went no parts. I called re no delivery, said it was put on hold. I asked why, they had no reason. Offered free shipping 6 days late. Since buyout, horrible service!!! Angry."

2017-05-27

Know what you order from them!!!

"Ordered many parts for my Falcon and had good but also bad surprises:
Good:
They do have a large selection to choose from. Some from good sources as well (Scott Drake...)
Non specific parts like engine parts are ok, hardware more or less acceptable
Not good:
Electrical parts like turn signal switch doesn't work but match the harness: told them so, said sorry but no refund!
Cheap repro, (made in China???)
Seat covers: they claim to match oem colors: WRONG! For a 1963 2 tone interior, they use other vinyl colors, almost the same but then doesn't relly match with the rest of my car.
Really bad/anoying:
Most of the time the web site shows item as " in stock" but most of the time it is NOT and you have to wait and wait and wait... What I also hate, is that they split your order and ship several packages and charge your credit card not in one go but several times which makes it hard to keep an overview of how much they really charge you!

Finally they do sell on E-bay and offer sometime free shipping which they never do if you order directly from them. But again it can take a while until you get your order.

2017-04-29

Excellent

"I had ordered roughly $450 in parts through Amazon and I ended up going through Mac auto parts which I've never heard of, but because they had the lowest price I order my parts anyways....but B4 doing any research... So when I got done submitting my payment I wanted to review their ratings,which was extremely horrible,so I was nervous as hell at this point.. Long story short, they told me that the parts would arrive in 5-7 days. Well, they arrived in two days which I was happy for and also all the parts WAS the exact parts that I had order. Im thankful and I would definitely recommend this company. "

2017-01-04

stay away from these people

"ORDERED 4 ITEMS 11/11/2016 , 3 CAM IN, SAID 4 WOULD NOT BE READY TO SHIP TILL 1/3/2017, OUT OF STOCK, HAD PLACED OVER PHONE W/SALES REP. PART DIDNT FIT, COST 92.00. CALLED MAC'S AND TRIED TO RETURN. SAID SPECIAL ORDER ITEM COULD NOT RETURN, YET SAME ITEM ON THERE WEBSITE, AND WAS SHIPPED W/ ECKLER'S, MAC'S HOME COMPANY, INVOICE, WITH RETURN INSTRUCTIONS ON BACK. NOW I'M OUT 100 TO BODY SHOP AND 92 TO MAC'S, ECKLERS, AUTO PARTS. SO I'M STUCK FOR $200 BUCKS, DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE. THIS IS NOT A REPUTABLE CUSTOMER FRIENDLY COMPANY. I'M A DISABLED VET, TOOK ME 3 MONTHS TO SAVE ENOUGH FOR PURCHASE, MY DAD RECENTLY PASSED AND LEFT ME 1967 TBIRD. THEY LIE, CHEAT, AND HAVE STOLEN FROM ME. EDWARD MCNATT"

2016-05-26

Think twice before laying your money down

"Ordered a part from Mac Auto Parts and Accessories on ebay 10 days later I inquired as to the whereabouts of the product. They send an apologetic email saying it will be another 8-10 days, I inquire again on the 29th day they then send me a course email stating that they have canceled the order, Paypal confirmed, prepaid mastercard says another 6 working days making it another 10 days due to weekends. 40 days to maybe receive the money and no product.

2016-01-03

"Charged me 20% Restocking fee on a part that clearly would not fit when I received it. There eBay site had my vehicles year make and model on it but didn't fit. Sent them my VIN number as requested by them and they tell me it should fit, What kind of company is this? I lost money on parts I could not use. I wish I had found this site before I ordered. This is what they had the nerve to put on my feedback, "customer ordered incorrect item, was sent what was ordered correctly restock fee." I never write these type of things but they are making money just from restocking fees alone and I had to pay to ship the parts back. Not fair at all. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU LIKE LOSING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY."

2015-06-09

"Poor customer service which once was the best place to purchase parts. Ordered parts April 15TH it is now June 9th. I was told during the first call one part was on back order and it would be in, in two weeks. Two weeks go by to find out the part has been discontinued and they will never be getting it in. He told me the other parts would be sent out that day. Still waiting I decide to call in June to find out my name was not on the order form, only my husbands, and under company policy they cannot tell me where the order is. I once again reiterated that I had spoken to three different people before and they were able to tell me where my parts and why has the policy changed over night. It is sad but not once did the parts come up in this conversation. So, reluctantly she opened up our account to find our visa had been declined. Perplexed, I called visa to find out the expiry date was copied down incorrectly. So, I call them back, she corrects her mistake and never once said sorry for their error, We will never deal with these people again. Poor customer service!!!!!!"

2015-01-02

"Ordered two items in early August 2014 and only when I get the emailed receipt do they tell me one item is on backorder. No problem, I'm fine to get it when it comes in. Two and a half months go by and I STILL have not received the backordered items. I call and am told that they will be shipping out the next day. Wrong again. December rolls by and still no items. I call again and am told that they will be shipping it out within a couple days. Lies again. Early January on a Friday now and I call AGAIN to be told they're shipping out Monday. I tell the customer service person that I have heard that response three times now and still have not gotten my items. She tells me this time the shipping label has been printed and it is definitely shipping Monday. I have the supposed shipping number now. Let's see if they come through on the fourth try. Next step will be for me to do a chargeback on my card. I hope that isn't necessary. It makes me wonder though, as often as I have had to follow up on this order in the last 5 months plus, how many people never receive their orders from this company and don't realize it. A company that is so disorganized and unreliable doesn't seem very trustworthy. Sad thing...my husband is a mechanic and loves to build and restore vehicles in his spare time too, so if this order had gone smoothly they probably would have gotten a lot of repeat business from him.
*****UPDATE****: Editing to add that I did finally get our parts after 5 months and 3 followup calls by me after the initial order. Slightly funny thing though...on this last call when I told the representative that I had heard they would be mailed the following Monday every other time I had called, she told me that a shipping label had actually been created 'today' (what a coincidence!). When I checked on the status of that shipping code later. I saw by the timestamp when the label was created that she had created the priority overnight label while I was on the phone with her, so if I hadn't called YET AGAIN, I'm pretty sure I still would have been no closer to getting my parts. But I am thankful that at least they finally came. I'd like to change my rating for their customer service from 1 star to 2 since they were at least friendly, but I can't get past the fact that all 3 reps said the same thing, but only 1 actually followed through with the customer service and got me my parts.

2014-12-11

"I ordered several parts ,9 days later rang to see when they were going to ship was told 2.5 months before one item is manufactured which is ridiculus so I cancelled that item which is quite heavy and they still charged full shipping costs.Customer service is non existant and I wont be spending my hard earnt money with these grubs again."

2014-07-09

"Ordered Skuff plates in May and a thin paper back book. Got the book but was charged 17.99 for shipping. A month after the purchase I called customer service to ask why I havent received my skuff plates. The representative said they were on backorder and I will receive them at the end of June. June passed and I did not receive the skuff plates. So I called again almost 3 months since the initial order, and they had another representative call me back.

The representative was somewhat rude, and to the point. Like she repeats the same lines over and over again. She said that the problem was with the manufacture and I will NOT be getting my skuff plates, but I wasnt charged so "everything is alright", right? (Nevermind the wait, the hassle, the high shipping charge, the run around, the stress that she wasnt sympathetic about). So I told her that I was charged for shipping 17.99 and that all I received was a light weight paperback book. She reimbursed me 9.00 dollars and said thats for the skuff plates shipping.

But I was still charged $9 for a light paper back book for shipping anyway, which is rediculous. She said thats all she could do and hung up. She wasn't very apologetic.

I am very dissatisfied with this companies service overall, including customer service.

I wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering so I would have not made that mistake of ordering with this company. Whoever wants to order from this company, take my advise and save yourself the headache, and just order from another company online. Avoid Mac Auto Parts at all cost.

2014-03-16

"Purchased strut pair from mac auto parts on eBay. A year passed and both struts failed to perform correctly and cupped my tires. returned for a new set and never heard from them. Currently filing complaint with Attorney generals Office of New York. These parts were warrantied for 5 years so the ad states. I want my money back due to their lack of response and ignoring my return. EBay can't protect you as they state after a certain limit. They claim no cash return but they shouldn't warranty parts and falsely advertise this.
Don't buy from this seller. Cheap unreliable parts!!!!
BBB filed as well and recommended further outside action..

2013-02-01

"I placed an order from MacAutoParts on 01/29/13. I read all the negative reviews but still made the choice to order. I called MacAutoParts prior to placing the order to 1# Confirm they item I wanted was in stock (read a lot of reviews that many ordered and were later notified the part was not in stock) and they said it was. #2 I asked about shipping and projected arrival (many complained about late shipments). The girl told me it would ship out of Michigan same day if ordered by 3PM. I placed my order before 1PM on this same date. Was told I would receive install instructions and UPS tracking number via email within hours. Was also told the expected arrival date would be 02/01/13.
Well 02/1/13 came and no UPS tracking # and worse, no product!
I called and was told I would have to wait until the girl that took my order got to work and she would call me. 02/01/13 at 1PM and no call....I called them back and the girl blamed everyone from the warehouse, shipping, to everyone and anything. Told me she remembered personally taking and placing my order 01/29/13 but was surprised to see my order still on her desk on 02/01/13.
She said the item shipped on 02/01/13 at 10AM.
Get REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I gambled and thought "Oh how could they really be that bad...just a few mad people". Well I will never order from this company again...yea I saved some $$$ over competitors but for the hassles, it’s not worth it! BEWARE
OH....and I can't even comment on the parts I have'nt received yet reference packaging, quality or lack of....

2012-11-28

"Ordered by phone from Mac's 49-59 Ford and Mercury catalog one 1950 Mercury accelerator pedal. Catalog P/N is 8A-9735. I told the person I ordered from the Mercury P/N normally starts 8M. They told me this is proper part number for my Mercury. Part does not fit and I called customer support. She talked to supervisor and told me that I was responsible for the mistake due to me providing the P/N even though I got it from their catalog. "

Share Mac Auto Parts's store rating

Mac Auto Parts is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Mac Auto Parts is not a merchant member
Mac Auto Parts does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!