Stores > Lorex Technology

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lorex Technology by clicking a star below.
2017-06-16

Horrible Customer Service from South America

"I have the system purchased from Costco and realized there is problem to access stream while using phone via data service. I called toady 6/16/17 and waited more than 30 mins. First representative told me I have to call my provider Tmobile to downgrade my data from LTE to 3G. I did that and it didn't work. I called again and waited another 30 mins. This time I talked with Brian (employee ID 993662). This call is the most horrible call ever. He told me I have to contact Tmobile again to disable Binge on video option. I was trying to tell him and understand why it is completely different fix compare to the fix and he was trying to argue with me on the call. I was trying to get a manager on the call and he told me he can't since manager only handled advantage technical support he couldn't handle. He argued with me so loud on the call and it is the most horrifying experience ever. Definitely don't buy the system. They will just blame on someone else and ask you to contact your phone provider or other company instead of fix on their side. Don't waste your money on this company, totally unreasonable and unprofessional service."

2017-06-15

Nighmare Customer "Service"

"RUN, don't walk away from Lorex! If I could give zero stars, I would.

I bought an 8 camera 1080p system. The system arrived with only one power supply for the cameras instead of the two it requires. When I called tech support it was a horror show. Besides being almost impossible to understand, first I was told they would have to generate a tech support incident number which they would email to me. When I got the email, I was supposed to reply to it with a picture of the package they sent me. After sending the email, I was then supposed to gall them. I waited all day for their email to arrive. It didn't show up until the next day. I then emailed them the picture they wanted & called them. They said they couldn't find my email. I resent it 3 times & they still couldn't find it. Finally, they gave me an alternate email address to send it to. The next day, I got all the notices of undeliverable email in my inbox. The reason given was that Lorex's mailbox was full. Later that day I got an email from Lorex stating that they had gotten one of my emails & my cse was now being handed up to "tier two" & I'd be heading from them in 3-4 days. All this for an effing six buck power supply!

Two days later, I finally get a chance to unpack everything, set it up & test it out before I begin the installation. Imagine my disappointment when I plug the first camera in only to find it's a GLOW CAMERA! Nowhere in any of their literature do they mention these are ancient technology glow cameras. Just what I need, a ring of red lights around every camera to advertise to everyone there's an active video monitoring system & where all the cameras are located.

I'm returning this system for a refund!

2017-05-26

Customer Service is the worst

"We installed the system, but we were unable to set up the application in our mobiles. I opened a ticket and the response don have any sense. I took a long time to receive an answer. Their toll number does not work for PR. I can't fill the warranty, because they do not have PR as a valid state an the system doesn't allow to complete without a State. I you buy the System in Puerto Rico, you should have it as a valid State.

We DON'T RECOMMEND THE SYSTEM. The support is worst we have experience.

We are going to return the product

2017-04-24

2 year review

"I purchased this system 2 years ago. The cameras were easy to install and I love the wireless capabilities. The negatives about this system: night vision is terrible, my hard drive has already gone out once and is going out again for the second time in 2 years. The system is not user friendly, if you do not reset your perimeters after playback the system will not record. I am not satisfied with Lorex at all and I will be switching to a different brand now that the hard drive is failing again. I am writing this review based on my experience. I would not recommend Lorex security cameras. "

2017-03-31

Worst Customer Service Ever

"I purchased a security system in Nov 2015, its now 3/17 and it is still now fully working. I've called, I email everyday and no one ever calls back or replies with a return email that solves anything. All you ever get are more questions about what you ordered, when they could just look it up in their system. Far and away, hand downs, no questions asked...the worst customer service company I've ever dealt with. I don't know what I'll do when the warranty runs out."

2017-03-27

bad product

"I purchased a lorex system in November 2015 , a couple weeks ago the cooling fan begin making a lot of noise I called tech support he told me to take it apart and check the fan, I did and the noise was the fan I called back and he said the did not sell parts for dvr's I would have to purchase another dvr, now on there website they have a section about fan issue's, and from other review's other people have had the same problem, and not to mention I have had two power adapters go bad they did replace one under warranty but give me a hard time about it. I would not recommend for anyone to purchase a lorex. I will not purchase another one."

2017-02-05

WORST company on the planet

"I am still working on trying to resolve issues with this company. I ordered there product on November 27th 2016. I have been calling with unresolved issues since Dec.5.

It took almost 2 months to receive my product when I paid extra for expedited shipping.

Finally I received the product just to find out it was not what the the Lorex sales service agent described.

I have been told several times the last few weeks repeatedly that I would get a return package and a refund within 48 hours. This is not happening and I am waiting.

Ticket number after new ticket numbers these thieves won't do anything. I have been recording call after call and every new supervisor does not care to hear them and insists he will personally take care of it and does nothing!

2017-01-27

LOREX DOES NOT HONOR WARRANTY,

"I BOUGHT THIS HD SECURITY SYSTEM AND THE COOLING FAN DIED. THEY SAID IT WAS IN WARRANTY AND THEY WOULD SHIP IT TO ME AND I WOULD NEED TO RETURN OLD PART. GUESS WHAT TWO MONTHS LATER I CALL TO SEE WHERE PART IS. THEY NOW TELL ME I HAVE TO SEND THEM $150.00. I HAVE SPENT HOURS ON HOLD WAITING AND THEY DO NOT CALL BACK OR THEY HANG UP ON YOU. I AM STILL WAITING ON A SUPERVISOR TO CALL ME BACK. YEAH
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND PRODUCT AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

2016-12-28

Buyer beware

"Please do NOT purchase any product from Lorex. Their customer service is some of the worst in the business. They are maybe the worst company I've ever had to deal with. They were lazy and ridiculous.I bought this camera directly from them and it took over a month of back and forth...they wouldn't return emails, would never call back, and were extremely unhelpful. They sent me the wrong product (one of their outdoor cameras) and basically told me that I could screw their outdoor camera into my celling and use it indoors - no joke.

I will never buy a product from them or Flir ever again.

2016-12-23

Great Company to Deal With

"Over the years I have 7 orders with Lorex and all were excellent products and better yet, they have stood behind them. Their prices are very good and they ship in a timely manner.
I guess best of all, I've No Complaints.

2016-12-20

Horrible customer service and false advertising.

"I order two separate items on black friday for Christmas. I received order confirmations and was billed for both items. Both orders were set to deliver by Christmas. On the 20th both items were canceled and the products labeled out of stock. There solution to the problem was telling me that I was more than welcome to purchase some other products that are in stock. Waited 25 days and 2 hours on hold for them to tell me they screwed me. These deals don't exist. They just use them as a ruse to get you to their website."

2016-12-18

High quality cameras and a easy to use interface!!

"I have loved everything about each component I have purchased. My only disappointment is their customers service is so bad i do not think they even exit. I have never received a call back or have spoke to a live person. And all of my online support tickets come back like this. "Hello Justin,

Good day!

Thank you for sending email concern at Lorex customer Service.

We understand that you have concerns regarding the Flir Cloud Premium Plan. We will be glad to assist you.

Regarding that concern, may we ask if there are no other items on your cart? If none, we highly recommend to contact the Sales Department for any clarifications since it might some system information appearing.

We will be closing this ticket and can be reopen anytime.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

James C.
Lorex|CS

If you would like to reply to this ticket, please leave the subject line unchanged so we can file your reply correctly. For your reference, your ticket number is: 268057"

or This one "Hello Justin,

Good day!

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your concern about the charges for the shipping, We will be escalating this case to the right department.

We will make sure that someone will contact you regarding with this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we work to address this issue for you. For reference, your Customer Service case number is 274295.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service at 1-888-425-6739 option 2. 9:00am - 5:00pm EST

Please be advised that we are closing this ticket now but rest assured that we can still re-open this anytime.

Regards,

Lanie L, Lorex CS

If you would like to reply to this ticket, please leave the subject line unchanged so we can file your reply correctly. For your reference, your ticket number is: 274295"

Then they just close out your ticket and no one ever follows up on that "We will be escalating this case to the right department." That ticket was put in on Dec 5th, 2016

I will still be buying their products, but if your the type of person that needs help, do not buy from this company.

2016-12-16

Very good system

"Am well pleased with this unit. Worked well out of the box except one camera within the range of advertised distance. Ordered Omni directional antenna and it is working good now. Have ordered another unit for my brother!"

2016-12-16

Great security cameras!

"I've bought and installed my cameras about two weeks ago. They have been very good so far!
It was super easy to install, and the cameras and monitors have already been linked (wireless), so no need to stress out about that. Plug them in and you're ready!
The image is very good, the live feed is accurate and has not been lagging, and the night vision is superb!

If you would ask me one negative thing.... It might be that the alarm you can set up (which goes off when motion is detected on set areas), is a bit too sensitive even on the lowest setting.

Great buy for a great price! I'm super happy I got them!

2016-12-15

great pricing

"Great system at a great price. Easy to use and understand "

Share Lorex Technology's store rating

Lorex Technology is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lorex Technology is not a merchant member
Lorex Technology does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!