Stores > LightInTheBox

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.88/10 7.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.18/10 7.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.52/10 7.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review LightInTheBox by clicking a star below.
2017-12-10

Purchase never received

"Ordered some electronics from this company. Shipping quoted at 10-20 business days. At 30 days I contacted them to ask where my order was. "Wait longer" they said. At 40 days I asked again. "Wait longer". I opened a claim with PayPal, and the response from LightInTheBox was "Wait 180 days". Really? So I got my money back from PayPal.

Don't even THINK of using this company. Go with Banggood or AliExpress, who will actually DELIVER what you order.

Rep reply posted Dec-11-2017

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If the package is by any chance returned, delayed, or get lost, the compensation is always available with us.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=16904471# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-12-05

Weird place to order from. Not sure what to think.

"I ordered a 3D Printer from this place because of a Black Friday Sale. When I ordered it, the website said it took 1-2 days to process and ship. 3 Days pass and it was still in the Payment Confirmed phase. I looked up the item on the site and it changed to 3-5 days to process. OK, so I wait a few more days. By Friday the order changed to two difference status, first it said "contacting customer" and then said "Packaging". Worried about the "Contacting Customer" status, I checked my phone, E-Mail and the website didn't see any contact from them. So I opened up a support ticket asking if everything is OK with the order as I didn't receive any contact despite what the website says. They send me back a reply that had nothing to do with the question I asked. They just said "for more information on our ship times, click here” and made no mention of the supposed customer contact. 3 more days pass and the status is still in "Packaging" phase. I go to Reddit and I see a bunch of people have ordered the same 3D printer 24 hours before and had already got there shipping label. So I go back to the item on their store and its processing time changed from 3-5 days back to "Ships In 24 Hours". Meanwhile I ordered the same thing over a week ago and the package is stuck in "Packaging". I then send another support ticket at 3AM in the morning asking what the problem is now. Within 30 minutes, the status of the order changed to "shipped" but no tracking number. A few hours later I get a reply with the tracking number saying it’s shipped as of December 5th. When I track the package from there website it says "In Transit" but when I go to the actual currier website, it says it hasn't even been picked up yet by the currier, just that it’s "waiting for them". On top of that, the label says it was printed out the same day the order went into "packaging". So I don't even know the "true" status of this order or if and/or when I’m even going to get it or if it is even a true new quality product. I paid over $100 for expedited shipping (which was the only available option upon purchasing the 3d Printer) and should have received this order by now. If I don't receive it in perfect condition by end of the week, I’m going to call my credit card company and report fraud."

Rep reply posted Dec-07-2017

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am really sorry that your order was delayed before shipment due to busy schedule from warehouse. We knew you needed the order sooner and put a rush on your order. Then it was shipped out on 2017-12-05.

And please be advised the shipping time for your order is 2-3 business days (4-5 calendar days). So your order is still the normal transit. Please be kindly waiting for it.

As for your case, I had conducted new Ticket ID =16870040 in our ticket center and will follow up your case in this ticket. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-12-05

Got My Refund

"Thank you Light in the box "

Rep reply posted Dec-05-2017

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am afraid that you might mis-read our response about the refund in the previous ticket.

When we started to process the refund on Nov. 28th, we suggested:

【The refund will be sent to your card which you used to pay for this order. It usually takes 3-5 days to be processed by LightInTheBox.com. However, please kindly note because this is a transnational transaction, it will take a few more days for you to receive the refund, you may refer to the following link about the refund processing time:https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/ec11af0d-ebb0-4a1b-9d53-b919e05b1f49】

Our financial department has completed the full refund on our side on 2017-11-30. So we kept our promised and issued the refund in the designated time.

However, it will take a few more days for you to receive the refund since this is a transnational transaction. We feel sorry but we are unable to rush this progress. The time required to complete the refund is affected by your card-issuing institution’s policies and practices. So we would appreciate if you can keep on waiting for a few more days.

Also I had conducted new ticketId=16857876 in our ticket center. I will follow up your case and provide you refund proof in the ticket. please log in your light in the box APP account--go "My LightintheBox"--”Tickets" to check our reply . Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-12-04

Poor service - item never reached - want us to wait for 3 months before any consideration of an action!!!

"Order some led bulbs in early October. Waited but per their guidance, they said not to contact for 30 days because it could take that long! Contacted them at 37 days post order as I had still not received the item. They responded that I should wait for 60 days. I immediately replied that this does not make sense to keep waiting. In response they said "We can’t rush it or track with shipping company until 3 months after order was shipped." Terrible service and highly inconsiderate. Cheaters! It is Dec now and I still dont have the item."

Rep reply posted Dec-05-2017

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delayed shipping. I took your constructive feedback seriously and have forwarded your case to the logistics department. We promise we will improve our shipping service.

I understand this delay brought you too much troubles. The shipping of original package might take longer even if we rush it. So in order to fix this problem in a quicker manner, I've already arranged a reshipment via Express Expedited service for you.

I also had conducted new ticketId=16847315 in our ticket center and offer you more details about the reshipment. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-12-01

I have mixed feelings about my experience with this shop

"I have mixed feelings about my experience with this shop. First of all they have a well designed page with the capability to shop in your own language (I'm Greek by the way) which was very convenient. I ordered from them 4 clothing accessories which turned to be as promised and seen in the fotos.My problem was the customer services about import duties and taxes. I paid the insurance for that just in case. Despite my shipping choice of global postal service they decided for some reason to sent it with global express expedited with the result of having to pay 112 euros in customs for a package that costs 35 euros. I asked their customer services three time if they cover the expenses (before accepting the package of course) and three time they promised they would. When i received the package and sent the invoices they said they couldn't recognize if it was the same package. I sent more invoices to clear this out, then the cost was too high and they could only afford 50% refund. Their answers to my question "Why you promised full refund knowing the cost?" was "we have our rules" or "Thank you for shopping with us" or "We inform you know". After two months of that kind of negotiations i accepted the 50% and the answer was the cost is too high and they can not recognize the invoices.
But on the contrary a few days after publishing my review i was contacted by their customer service supervisor who apologized for the situation and promised me that he would deal with this problem personally. Also he has undertaken to provide a full refund for the duties and taxes i had paid for my order. I'm very pleased for the immediate and clear response. So far they have given me a portion of the money and the rest are about to sent in a few days. Concluding I'm highly satisfied of how things turned out despite the situation i had to face.

Rep reply posted Dec-02-2017

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Reviewing the previous records, i see that the tax you paid for this order is extremely high. Normally is the import tax 50% of the order mount, but yours is 200% of the order amount, which is very unusual, and we don't know where went wrong, but we won't let you suffer any loss since you have paid our insurance of tax. So i decided to refund you the full amount of tax 112.60 EUR at once. Hope you could forgive us.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=16828881# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-28

Never received dashcam, kept pushing back delivery date. Wouldn't give a refund.

"I purchased the Viofo A119S from lightinthebox back in August and to this date haven't received anything. In fact, the tracking number on the package expired and I have never seen an update since the thing left China in early September. I tried opening three support tickets with them and they just kept moving back the date 60 days all three times, conveniently past my 120 day chargeback date. Just issued chargeback today."

Rep reply posted Nov-28-2017

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I am sorry to hear the package is still not delivered. It's totally on us and I will file a complaint to the carrier company too.

After review your case, I had conducted ticket ID=16790830# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-28

Did not receive my order but!

"I ordered a electronic doorbell with a camera and 7” colour monitor but after a very long wait it failed to turn up and somehow went missing in the transition of the item. I was given a tracking order but after arriving in the UK I found I could not track it’s location. I did correspond with LITB and I have got to say they did reply to every message. Yes, you may have to wait a number of weeks for your item to arrive. The outcome of all this was that because the item never turned up LITB refunded the cost of the item without any problem to Paypal. There is of course the chance the item is in the Uk, possibly being held by customs and exercise for a duty to be paid but as yet I have heard nothing. If it does turn up I shall refuse the parcel in order for it to be sent back to Lightinthebox."

Order shipped

"Ok after posting complain here their supervisor took notice and processed my order.

The order is now shipped and now waiting to receive my order. I hope it will arrive safely.

Will definitely try them again in future.

Rep reply posted Nov-28-2017

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We regret to inform you that your order will be slightly delayed due to the system fault, but we are working on it. It should be sent out within 48 hours.

I had conducted ticket ID=16790786# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-26

NEVER RECIEVED ITEMS

"IT HAS BEEN 34 DAYS HAVE NOT RECIEVED ITEMS"

Rep reply posted Nov-26-2017

“This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Your order is unfortunately delay, very sorry about the issue. Don't worry that i have updated the solutions in the tickets I had conducted ticket ID=16768942/16768943# in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touch with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-24

Misleading information, Wrong size, poor quality

"I ordered two flower girl dresses for my nieces to wear in my son's wedding party that was in another country. The packaging time specified for the dresses was 1-4 days and the shipping time was 10-14 days based on the standard expedited delivery method and my location, and I estimated that I will receive them in one month the latest and I would have plenty of time before my travel for the party. But I didn't receive it until about 2 months (56 days) that was only one week before the wedding. Worse than that, for one of the dresses, I had ordered a size 10 child (waist 71 cm) and I received a size 3 or 4 instead (waist 54), and I couldn't return because I have received it when I was already on my trip for the wedding party and there was no time, I had to purchase another dress for my niece and put the flower girl dress away; my niece was very upset and cried and I was very upset too. Moreover, the quality of both dresses was really poor and much different from what is shown in the images.
Ordering from this site was a waste of time and money and I would never ever order anything from them.

Rep reply posted Nov-24-2017

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“Dear customer, this is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox.

We're sorry if the package is not arrived as fast as expected, after view your post I have checked your order that was shipped on 2017-10-13 and delivered on 2017-11-08, the shipping method you choose is standard delivery, a not standard expedited, it took 25 days to complete the delivery. We are getting improvements for our logistics all the time, we hope we can provide faster shipping service for all of our customers in the near future.

In order to keep in touch with you, I had conducted new ticketId=16756809 in our ticket center and offered solution for you there. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-22

Very good site

"I like the website and the products. Customer service is also very friendly. Recommend."

STAY AWAY-CHEATERS

"Put my order for a mobile phone(Xiaomi A1) on 15th September,they stated it will be available to ship on 8th October.They shipped it on 21st October and I still don't have it.Tracking hasn't updated for 1 month now!!Saying the same excuses like to others about 60 days shipping time etc.

Number: 1709150825126200
Total: USD $ 218.71
Date: October 09, 2017
Status: Shipped

Never again,I informed my bank,mastercard and lawyer.Hope to get my money back.

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“Dear Customer, We are sorry for such a delay, we had contact with carrier and raise a claim for the delay of the order.
And we will not keep you waiting and issued a full refund of yoru order.

However, it will take a few more days for you to receive the refund since this is a transnational transaction. We feel sorry but we are unable to rush this progress. The time required to complete the refund is affected by your card-issuing institution’s policies and practices. While according to our experience, the refund will arrive to your account on next billing day. Please be kindly waiting.

We had conducted ticketId=16722226 in our ticket center and will arrange full refund for your order. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation”

2017-11-21

Don't know how this place rates it so highly look on other sites they are horrible

"Ordered some warm white led lighting strips from them and they only offered expedited delivery 3-4 days. After 11 days and a few emails the lights arrived in a badly damaged box from China, I managed to fix the damage to the lights to get them on and lo and behold they are Cool white so not only did I pay for expedited delivery and not get it but I have received a damaged item amthats not even the right item and light in the box aren't even replying to my emails asking for the issue to be fixed. Don't bother with these clowns. "

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“Follow up: After review the case, we had fully refunded order as the order is received damaged. And we had contacted with our warhouse to recheck our packaging, to see if we can get the package more secure next time. ”

2017-11-21

well well well, writting review helps

" ordered a Kigurumi with express mail.. they stated "24hour handling" & "5-8 days delivery"
First of all, it took them 3 days to even LOOK at the order.. Then they waited 11 days with sending the product.. I wrote them and their excused was "bad weather in asia", which was a complete lie..
I wrote them multiple times about my 18 euros spend on express when NOTHING was going fast.. They just responded 4 times with an autowritten email "We do not controle shipping"... HELLO... if i buy express, then get a fast firm to bring my package?!.
And then it FINALLY arrives.. just 31 days after i made the order.. and what happens? well... my order was in totalt 55 euro (with the 18 for transport), and then i get taxed 25 EURO just to pick it up because lightinabox send the package from China... and was there ANY help to get there ? NOOOOPE...

I ordered a Kigurumi with express mail.. they stated "24hour handling" & "5-8 days delivery"

Luckily their service after writting a review got upped quite a bit

Ps. My service grade is based on the service i got BEFORE writting the review.. The customer service supervisor that contacted me after, was quite a lot better.

“Dear customer,

After checking the order was shipped within 24hours as we stated online.
But from the tracking :http://www.17track.net/zh-cn/track?nums=EA901226946CN, it shows the package is delayed at customs for clearance which is really beyond our control. We do thank you for your understanding.

In regards of taxes, First the taxes is noted in our knowledge base as below:

And in the first year since the company established, we noted that EU taxes is heavy.
So 2 years ago, we had this EU duty insurance service as it is shows below once you check out:

For customers who had this duty insuarnce, we will fully refund duty cost if it is occured. System shows that you chose not to buy VAT duty insurance once checkout.

But as you are a valued customer, we had conducted ticketId=16731067 in our ticket center and provide a solution for all your problems. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2017-11-20

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE! BUYERS BEWARE. THE PICTURES ARE NOT WHAT YOU GET.

"They will not send me a return label. They say the need pictures but the app doesn’t allow uploads! The pictures do not look like the items you get! False advertising!"

Rep reply posted Nov-20-2017

“Dear Customer

Thank you for reporting the issue, we will contact with our IT with the app uploading feature. And we had sent you a return instruction in ticket # 16721665 , you may log in your app to review the ticket. Furthermore, we had a warehouse in US to accept return for our US customers. We had sent you a free UPS return label to return for a refund. If you still need any other assistant, please feel free to reply the ticket, we will reply in time. ”

Share LightInTheBox's store rating

LightInTheBox is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,473 merchant members.