Stores > LensRentals.com

Product & services pricing Rating 8.91/10 8.91/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.77/10 9.77/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.94/10 9.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.89/10 9.89/10
Voice your opinion! Review LensRentals.com by clicking a star below.

2017-12-07

A1 all the way

"From start to finish, the experience was great. The lens was in brand new condition and so was the case it came. Lens functioned flawlessly. "

2017-12-06

Wonderful experience!

"I rented a Sigma lens for one week. LensRentals responded to my request same day and asked for some additional basic information before approving the request. I was pleased to get this request - it gave me confidence that they truly care about the quality of the equipment they rent out - and that they want to be sure it's going to be used correctly. My order arrived 3 days early and was in top notch condition. Email notifications were sent when the lens was shipped to me and when I signed for it. Clear instructions to ship the lens back were sent in the box which included a pre-printed shipping label and packing tape. I received an email notification/reminder the day I needed to ship the lens back, and then again when they received the lens. I will definitely contact them in the future when I need a specialized lens for a project!"

2017-12-06

As Always

"I have been using LensRentals for a number of years, and each experience has been a good one. Everything comes well packed and safe from any mishandling that might occur in transit. And there's the little things. Like including packaging tape for the return sealing, or of course the slip ups on my part. Like forgetting to remove my storage medium from the camera. A quick note to them and it's in the mail to me as soon as they get it. Their inventory is plentiful and their prices are reasonable, which has allowed me to try some gear that I would be unable to afford purchasing. If you want to try something before buying, or just wish to experience a mirror-less, a medium format or just another brand, it's the way to go. My thanks to LensRenatls and staff for the service they provide. Happy shooting whatever you do."

2017-12-04

Very pleased!

"Great service and great assistance!"

2017-11-30

Lens evaluation

"Everything with the rental experience went very well. I used mostly email and I my interlocutors were very competent, friendly and efficient. I received the lens exactly as promised in a very efficient packaging. Everything was in there including adhesive tape for returning the package. Nice touch.

I return the product after one day instead of a week because I did not like it. They gave me a partial refund that I was not expecting.

Really a first class experience.

2017-11-28

A great way to get awesome glass for shooting!

"I have been looking at buying a Canon 100-400 lens for a long time and just couldn't quite make the purchase. I was getting ready to head down to an air show in Vegas and wanted to try the lens out. As I was looking at it I noticed the Simga 150-600 Sport also rated really well. I started debating on which lens to get and could not decide which one would be the best. I finally decided to rent both and shoot one one day and the other the next. This would allow me to compare both lenses head to head.

LensRentals was awesome! My order arrived the day before it should. The equipment all worked flawlessly and I got some great shots. It was very well packaged which is good because the FedEx guy pretty much slammed the boxes on the counter when they arrived.

The return process was easy. They even include tape (with a cool funny story) to reseal the packages to send back. I dropped them off at my local FedEx and I got an email when they got them back.

I don't need a long lens very often but when I do I will be back to LensRentals again. I will most likely rent any lens I am looking at to try out before I buy it now. Thanks for the great experience.

Waste Of Valuable Time

"I recently placed an order with LensRentals for the new Nikon d850 camera along with the Tamaron lens

I provided all of the information (name, address, shipping address, credit card etc...) requested on their site to fulfill the order.

I received an email from LensRentals 12 hours later requiring more information...

I respond by calling the company directly and I was informed that due to the cost ($4,000.00 plus) and since they've never conducted business with me, this additional information is needed.

I inquired as to why this additional information isn't required initially and only asked for post processing my order. "We need to verify you can afford the equipment!" I was told. What???!!!
Shockingly I also learned that if the equipment was far less, they would have processed my order immediately!!!

Apparently they've policies that are archaic, in-congruent and value based. Opposed to a policy that is 'product consistent' - regardless of value - throughout the company!

And if additional info is needed to verify income relevance to equipment rental cost...then simply require this initially! Not 12 hours later!!!

I cancelled my order due to their lack of coherency regarding the value of time and their antiquated mentality. I'd comply to a credit check if needed...
Simply inform the consumer on the front end!

Sheer stupidity is one thing their competition must love!

Marc

Very efficient rental

"I rented the Sigma 14mm lens. It was the first time that I've rented a lens, and the process was very smooth. Very easy pick up and return, and lens in great condition. It is something that I would definitely do again!"

Excellent service

"Arrived quickly. Worked fine. Very good experience."

PhyllisBabic's Avatar

2017-11-25

Usually, I'm Very Impressed

"This time around, I ran into a few issues. While ordering a lens online, the first thing I saw was a pop-up offer for 10% off. Seemed like a bonus, but by the time I got to the checkout menu the 10% had magically vanished. Getting the offer required a phone call. I felt like an idiot because by 12:24 the same day there was another offer online to 'Rent a week, get a week free!'. Having talked to them earlier in the day, that offer was never mentioned, or I certainly would have taken them up on it.
Apart from that, when the lens was received it had a few gouges on the focus ring and the autofocus was making a bizarre squeaking sound every 10-20 frames. I had to make another phone call to confirm the scratches were already a matter of record and not something I'd end up having to pay for down the road. Overall, I'm confident enough to rent again from them but not until I've checked out other rental companies. I certainly wish they'd get their crap together with the online offers.

Great communication

"The customer service was excellent. They answered questions and made sure I was renting the correct lens for my camera. "

Timely, well packed

"Quick, great equipment, well packed easy to repack and return ship."

Outstanding Equipment

"I had a fantastic experience with LensRentals.com! The equipment was in tip top shape, arrived on time with no issues, and was easy to ship back. Thank you!"

2017-11-23

The SSD with XFAT

"My experience, as always, was great. I only have one qualm. The SSD we rented was running an XFAT file system. I understand it was my fault for not checking before I shot, but even after formatting, the SSD was running XFAT. This caused a complete loss of all of my footage. Rendering the rental, and shoot date, effectively useless. Just something you guys may want to check out before you rent out a 4k recorder with SSDs running XFAT."

2017-11-23

First Camera Rental

"My first time renting camera online and it couldn’t have been smoother, I only wish there was some sort of a point system so u can apply them to your future rentals wether it’s additional free days or % off the gear. Regardless will definitely be a repeat renter and highly recommend to others."

Share LensRentals.com's store rating

LensRentals.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LensRentals.com is a merchant member
LensRentals.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,473 merchant members.