Stores > Lensauthority.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.04/10 9.04/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lensauthority.com by clicking a star below.
2018-01-17

Awesome

"They have awesome customer service "

2018-01-05

Lensauthority

"Reasonable price with great customer support."

2017-12-27

LensAuthority is the AUTHORITY

"Absolutely the best when it comes in selling use camera and professional video gear. This is my second purchase. Im glad I'd found them. Im saving loads of money on the items i have purchased. Total saved for the year about $2000.00 Thank you guys for the great email on how you guys ship and handle your packages with loads of care. I have recommend the site to many friends "

2017-12-27

Happy

"Professional, caring, customer friendly, great service, accurate item grading, on time shipping, who could ask for more? "

2017-12-22

Best purchase all year

"I got a classic Zeiss lens in mint condition at almost half the price of new. It was packaged as if someone really cared (unlike some major retailers who should know better). These folks also have a "down to earth" sense of humor - they take their job very seriously, but not so much life in general. It felt like the old days when you made a deal on a handshake and a beer."

2017-12-20

Buyers BEWARE!!!

"I made the horrific mistake of making a $13 purchase through Lens Authority. I supplied the required information for my purchase, including all payment details. The next day, I received numerous emails telling me they couldn’t verify who I was and my office address of 12 years.

They received my payment and only needed to forward my order to the supplied correct address. Instead “Michael” sent me numerous emails about be afraid this might be a fraudulent purchase of a “$13” Sony Lens Hood.

Like most people. I have made many internet purchase this season, 26 purchases in total, ranging in price from $13 to $679. Unfortunately, I just spend the last twenty minutes on the phone with a company with zero regard for customer service and solely consumed with protecting their short sighted self interest.

The time wasted dealing with a company that should remain “just a little corner store” was ridiculous and their arrogant and dismissive responses completely unacceptable. Buyer Beware, could you imagine ever having to return a purchase to them?

2017-11-27

Purchased Canon Great White Prime Lens

"I was looking for a 400mm 2.8 series lens when I received an email announcing the Black Friday sale. The 10% discount made the lens irresistible.
I order it on Wednesday and asked for a Monday delivery which was easily arranged.
The lens came in great condition except for the scratches noted in the description. Optically it was perfect, all controls worked smoothly and I am very happy with it. The Wimberley plate I also got was missing the safety screws, but that was noted in the description. I purchased them locally. The description are accurate so I feel comfortable purchasing from them again.
Service was great, they kept me informed every time something happened and responded quickly to my email.
I highly recommend them

2017-11-27

Fantastic Service

"Super responsive customer support, contacted me on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (!) to help sort out an order issue.
10/10 would buy from again.

2017-11-22

Always great

"I have purchased many items through lensauthority (and lens rentals before it was spun off) and they always come extremely well packed, as described, and ship very quickly. Great experience!"

2017-11-15

Nikon 35 mm lens is a tiny wonder

"Lens is clean, optics flawless and a gem of a small lens."

2017-11-12

It can be scary to buy an expensive lens through a reseller, but my experience was perfect.

"So lensauthority.com is where lensrentals.com sells their lenses, or at least that's what people seem to suggest online.

I'm lucky enough to own a brand new Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR, and I wanted to get a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR to compliment it when my wife and I are doing wildlife photography. The 800 is *insane*, so I know how well a high-end Nikon lens can perform.

So as much as I *really wanted* the 400mm, I really also didn't want to spend a fortune on it. The thing about these "pro lenses" is that they retain their value absurdly well, so it's nearly impossible to get them at a heavy discount.

Sure enough lensauthority had two of these 400mm lenses available for what amounted to about a 15% discount. That's not a huge savings, but for these lenses it saves about $1,500. There was an "excellent" and a "very good", I went with the "excellent" condition one which was only $200 more.

I'm not 100% sure that I'd say the cosmetics of the lens itself were "excellent" (more like "very good")... I know I certainly take care of my 800mm more than this lens was. That said, I'm wrapping this baby up in camo, and all that's left is the glass condition and performance of the lens. The glass, which matters a lot more than cosmetics, is (amazingly) flawless. My guess is lensauthority cleaned it packaging, but regardless... it was *perfect*. That being said, even if it weren't, it really doesn't matter much at that focal length. The auto-focus is every bit as good as it should be (again, I can compare to my 800mm).

So yeah, while I was only saving ~15%, I still think it was worth it to buy used through lensauthority.

I will be buying every lens I get through them going forward. You're only shaving off a small percent off new, but when these lenses hold their value so well it's like guaranteeing it will resell well.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised by the lens I got. I know there are a lot of good reviews of this company on this site, and it's nice to see they are justified.

2017-11-12

Excellent experience

"I purchased a used 70-200 lens from LensAuthority.com. My order was processed promptly and the company thoroughly communicated all the shipping and tracking information. The lens was extremely well packed and its condition ("excellent") was exactly as described. In fact, it was hard to detect that it had been used at all, much less as a rental lens. The lens also works perfectly and has no optical or mechanical problems. This was a fairly expensive purchase, and I decided to buy from LensAuthority because its parent company, Lens Rentals, conducts extensive testing and service on all of its rental equipment. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience and feel that one can purchase used equipment from LensAuthority.com and feel confident in its condition."

2017-10-27

Nikon D810

"My Nikon d810 arrived today and I could not be more pleased. I ordered it along with a Tamron 24-70. Both the camera and lens look brand new. They were well packed with plenty of shipping material and everything was nicely sealed. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. They are a great company to do business with!"

2017-10-05

Great

"Good stuff! I admittedly thought the website looked a bit =too good to be true but it wasn't! Got a used Ronin-M from them. Also, they proactively contacted me immediately to verify my identity since it was an expensive order and I was a first time customer. The extra time was worth it for the confidence I now have in their team."

2017-10-01

Amazing gear

"Just purchased my third lens from Lens Authority. Each time I've been very impressed with the gear I purchased. Lens Authority does a great job rating the condition - if anything, I'd say they go on the conservative side (which is great for us buyers). Top-notch gear, great to work with! They are my go-to source for used gear."

Share Lensauthority.com's store rating

Lensauthority.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Lensauthority.com is a merchant member
Lensauthority.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,489 merchant members.