Stores > LL Bean

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review LL Bean by clicking a star below.
2009-04-06

"I find their merchandise generally to be good quality and have had excellent customer service experience. Their 100% statisfaction guarenteed policy is the best.

I received a zip-front sweatshirt as a gift a couple of years ago. I never wore it much, but about a year ago the zipper came apart in the wash. I finally got around to returning it. Of course I did not have an order date or number but they still sent me a replacement and also a refund check for the shipping!

You can't ask for better service.

Also, few years ago I returned a pair of Merrill boots that did not hold up well. I'd purchased them at the Freeport store in 1992 and was never totally satisfied because although they were supposed to be Gore-Tex waterproof, they were not. It was year before I sent them back with a letter of complaint. By that time they had seen heavy use but L.L. Bean still sent me a full refund (about $125).

2009-02-06

"ll bean is only a 5 hour drive (freeport, maine) from where i live (providence, ri). i ordered the item on friday-jan 30 and 7 days later. i have STILL not received my item. customer service was not especially helpful. when i called to find out where my package was. their response: "all we can tell you is that it shipped out. we dont know where it is b/c we dont put a tracking number on items shipped free of charge. it may take up to 14 days to get to you. call back in two weeks if you have not received it.""

2008-12-26

"Ordered flannel sheets and PJs as Christmas presents. Ordered via 2 day delivery. Confirmation and follow-up tracking e-mails and fast arrival. Products and service were great. "

2008-08-19

"I am a former LL Bean addict. Over 20 years of orders with rare mistakes and immediate correction. NOT ANY MORE. My past 4 orders have had mistakes or were not as described. Moreover, one shipment went to a completely wrong place and LLBean did no follow up-I had to call Fedex! They did resend the items but the order was wrong so everything had to go back anyway.
Now I cannot load their website using 2 different browsers, and they have no interest in resolving the problems.

2008-08-05

"Purchased some jeans that were sent via FedEx 5 days later."

2008-05-27

"This is the first review I have written.

I have ordered from 11bean.com for a number of years. However, with the most recent few orders a number of unusual events have orcurred.

My most recent order was placed on 9 May 2008 for two shirts. I called on 17 May and was told that the order would be delivered to the store (as requested) on 19 May. Called on 24 May 2008 and was told that they did not have a status on the order but would send it to "research" for resolution and they would contact me. No call from LL Bean. Called on 27 May said they would have the store research the delivery. Was called later the same day and LL Bean told me that the order needed to be picked up soon or it would be returned.

If this wasn't unusual enough the previous order was shipped to a store in a different state for pickup. I check the original order for mistakes and it was clear where the order should have been sent.

This is definately not the same LL Bean I have purchased from for more than 10 years.

So. Cal.
2008-01-08

"I found Christmas gifts for my wife at LL Bean and placed another order on-line. For items in stock they didn't ship for a week, but were send 2nd day air and did arrive before Christmas. There was a "free shipping" offer in place, so no extra charges. The items were as described (the jacket looks better in person than in catalog or web) and fit well."

2007-03-19

"One item back ordered from original order. Was shipped out on 03/09/2007. Have not received. Called customer service and was told that it was shipped out USPS and would be received on 04/20/2007. The original order was received in 3 days. The difference was it was shipped UPS. There is the differance! Do not use USPS if you want good tracking feed back or timely service. LL Bean lost a loyal customer."

Planatoid's Avatar

New York; not the city
2007-02-02

"I ordered some sandals for $10 and assumed I'd get free shipping, as I usually do with the LL Bean credit card. However, I paid for the order with a $10 promotional card and tried to pay for the shipping with an older debit card, which, unbeknownst to me at the time, was out of money. I soon got an email stating that there was a problem with my order and that I needed to call. I quickly called up at 8:15PM, as they have 24 hour support, and as usual, had the standard support message begin. However, within ten seconds of the message, Dwight took my call without any prompting and I described the situation to him. Although the sandals were paid for with a promotional card, Dwight allowed me to pay for the shipping with the LL Bean credit card, and it erased the shipping for me.

I have never been so impressed with a company in my life, there is really no reason that paying for shipping should erase the shipping cost, except that LL Bean wants to maintain great relationships with their customers. Dwight was easily one of the friendliest and most helpful support people I have ever talked to.

I highly recommend this store, not alone for the quality of merchandise, but also for the great benefits that they give their members and customers.

2006-11-02

"Perfect customer service, well-made products accurately presented online. Shipping is fast, and returns are easy beyond expectations."

2005-12-07

"One of the worst, unorganized, and slooooow companies around. I order a simple barn jacket on Nov. 12th, item finally showed up 17 days later!!! This is after emailing them numerous time (without any response to any of them), I finally had to call almost two weeks after placing my order to find out what the heck is going on (be prepared to wait over half an hour or more on the phone too).

Item finally did arrive 17 days later (site says 6-8 business days), but be warned of their extremely slow standard shipping method (Fedex Smartpost) and their completely inept customer service department. Also be prepared to receive your item stuffed in a half torn bag (no box) as well.

2005-07-11

"I have ordered from LLBean MANY times and I it is my favorite place to shop. Their shipping is lightning fast, the quality of the product is impecable and their costumer service is simply the best I have experienced in my life.
If you ever need to contact costumer service (I did it in order to exchange a pair of shoes for the correct size) you don't even need to wait on the phone. They pick up immediately, already know everything about your order from the phone number you dialed and can help you right away!!! It took me less than 60 seconds to go through the exchnage process. They could see in their screen which size I had ordered first. They went ahead and ordered the correct size for me so I would not have to wait and said they would refund me the money for the wrong size shoes as soon as they got them - and they did!!
JUST A WONDERFUL STORE!!

2005-04-07

"I rdered from them several times and no problems at all. Excellent quality, reasonable to moderate prices and fast shipping. I'll buy from them again."

2005-02-20

"They try to say they have a great return policy, etc. But I recently returned something and over a month after they received it back, LL Bean had still not credited my credit card. Way too long.

I had to contact my credit card company and open a dispute.

LL Bean customer service was completely unhelpful and didn't care.

Will I ever buy from them again? Nope.

LL Bean customer service has gone way down hill.

2005-02-19

"These folks are top notch. The quality is unbeatable and well worth the the slightly higher base cost. Their website is easy to use and their shipping costs are quite reasonable. Returns are a breeze, if necessary.
Gdaddyed

Share LL Bean's store rating

LL Bean is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LL Bean is not a merchant member
LL Bean does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!