eservice@knetbooks.com

Shipping & packaging: 5.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 2.50/10
2018-02-08

Terrible customer service

"I ordered from them and did not receive my package. Instead of refunding me, LIKE ANY OTHER COMPANY, they say that I am responsible for it. How does that even make sense? They say to call USPS, which I did and they told me that it would have to be knetbooks to fix this problem since it was them who sent it in. They're just sending me back and forth. USPS also suggested telling this company to get a refund, but of course this is the only company in the world that does not understand customer service. I will never order from them again and if they choose not to help me, then I'll make sure to let others know that this is a scam website and to let my credit card company know not to accept any payments from these people. This has been the WORST rental company I have ever dealt with."

Posted Feb-09-2018

“Good afternoon

I apologize for the inconvenience. Once an item has been marked as delivered by USPS, we must typically abide by that delivery confirmation. If you file a lost package claim, or get documentation from your local postal service, then we can certainly work with you to resolve the matter. As you selected Economy shipping, this does mean that the items are not insured and are shipped through regular mail. Upgraded shipping options are insured in transit. As a one time courtesy I have marked your item as lost in transit. As we do not have any replacements to provide at this time, a full refund will be applied to your original payment method. Please allow 3-7 business days for this to show on your statement. Should the items be located, please contact us at our customer service line at 888-388-9909 so we can assist you with a return.

2018-01-21

Very Unhappy

"I rented the book for $13 and they then charged me over $200 because I turned it in 6 days late. I then had to wait for the online chat that said I had to wait only 15mins and I waited over an hour to talk to someone. they could only give some of my credit back and gave the rest as an inshore credit which I am still waiting for. It's been over a week. I am very unhappy with this company."

Posted Jan-26-2018

“Good afternoon,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our policy for rental items is that they must be in transit on or before the due date using the prepaid label we provided. As your item was not in transit in this time frame and we received no prior request for an extension, your account was charged for the non-return fee of the purchase price for the item. Per policy, so long as you can return the item to us within 15 days of the original due date, you are eligible to receive 50% of this charge back to your account. As a courtesy a previous representative has set your account up so that 75% of the charge was issued back to your card on 01/24. It can take 3-5 business days for this to fully show on your statement. Should you choose to give us another chance, please keep in mind that we do offer courtesy extensions if needed. So long as we are kept aware of any circumstances or difficulties you might have with your return, then we can work with customers to make sure they don't face a late fee.

Erin”

2018-01-15

Terrible Service

"Terrible service

Delay on delivering my books without an ETA. This is unacceptable as I need the books to complete my school assignments. When I contacted customer service all they did was cancel the order for the delayed books and disconnected the chat without telling me anything else.

Don't use them, not worth saving the $3 vs competitors.

Posted Jan-16-2018

“Good afternoon,

I apologize for the inconvenience. During our busy seasons, delays can occur with items that are in high demand. The publisher providing this item listed that it was on a temporary back order due to the high demand and low availability. In cases like this we would typically offer to either cancel the order to provide you with a full refund or we keep the order open to ship it as soon as it becomes available once more. Per the chat transcript you requested that both items be cancelled due to the delay. The representative processed your request and informed you that a full refund would be issued to your original payment method and should show within 3-5 business days. All other items on this order show that they were shipped on 01/10/18 and was delivered on 01/12/18. As a courtesy due to this inconvenience, I have applied a discount to your account. Should you wish to give us another try, you can apply this credit in the check out screen above the card entry field.

2018-01-14

Deceptive

"I rented a book from Knetbooks on Tuesday for $27. They charged my credit card. On Thursday I received an email stating that the book rental was delayed. On Friday I received an email stating that the book rental was cancelled because they are no longer able to obtain the book from the supplier. I then checked their website and the same book was still available for rental, but now for $87!! Very deceptive and dishonest business practice. I emailed them on Friday and they tell me the book is no longer available and they are "in process" of removing the book from their website. But when I went to the website on Sunday, I am still able to add it to my shopping cart and check out, for the $87. They tell me they will credit my credit card for the $27 and that will take 3-5 business days. Still waiting for that to happen. Disappointed they did not honor their word for the $27 price, especially since they have already charged my credit card."

Posted Jan-16-2018

“Good afternoon,

I apologize for the inconvenience. During our busy seasons, delays can occur with items that are in high demand. The publisher providing this item listed that it was on a temporary back order due to the high demand and low availability. In cases like this we would typically offer to either cancel the order to provide you with a full refund or we keep the order open to ship it as soon as it becomes available once more. As we were unable to confirm a new expected date for the item to ship with the publisher source, we cancelled the order and processed a full refund to your card so that you might try to locate the item elsewhere. Refunds do take 3-5 business days to show back on your payment method, depending on your card company's processing policies.

2018-01-13

Ok unless you need customer service

"Horrible customer service.

I thankfully ordered my textbook with plenty of time and I received the wrong book and the worst part was that it included the other customers personal info (address apt num etc) in the inside packing slip.
Mistakes happen right? Okay fine, but as a working busy student I tried reaching out by email first. Close to a week went by and I received absolutely no reply. Nothing.
I decided to chat and the rep was indifferent at best. No apology was offered and the only thing Quann said was they could either replace or refund AFTER the book was received.
Totally unacceptable! I needed this book NOW and they were still being completely unreasonable! The rep just said sorry about inconvenience when ending the chat.
This was a few days ago, I haven't received any confirming emails that the right book is being dispatched and finally another idiot rep finally emailed me back saying " I seen you been serviced, contact us with any other questions-Trish" again no apologies for original issue, delay or even an reiteration or update on what took place .
Sounds like their employees are poorly trained in customer service. With so many competing companies it's a shame. I'll stick to googling the ISBN number and checking out a few sites before going with this horrible company who doesn't consider customer service as an important matter.

Posted Jan-29-2018

“Good morning,

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion. The representative that you spoke to on chat service on 01/11/18 issued a request for a replacement to be mailed to you, which shows delivered as of 01/15/18. We have provide a prepaid label in your account so that you can return the incorrect item to us since it would be unneeded. If you need assistance with returning the incorrect item or accessing your label, please contact our customer service office at 888-388-9909.

2018-01-11

Excellent but need help ASAP

"I rented a book from knetbooks and it was a great experience. The Book arrived on time and I had not problem returning the book. I only have one big concern I left inside the book that I rented and returned the original document of my citizenship. I sent an email today hoping for someone to
reach back to me asap. Book name : Experience Human Development. ISBN 978007762841
My cellphone (203)6410941. My name is Claudia Matamoros. Thanks

2018-01-05

Love It. Will continue to use it for the rest of my college.

"I have used Knetbooks for about 2-3 semesters now, and I absolutely love it! It's very easy. Just remember to keep the box so you can send your books back at the end of the semester. I've never had an issue and plan to use them for the rest of my college education. I 1000% recommend anyone in school to use Knetbooks because they are by far the cheapest way to go! "

2018-01-03

Great Experience

"Books arrived on-time and in good condition. Returning rented books was extremely easy. Would highly recommend to anyone."

2017-12-09

awesome

"great experience. will rent again"

2017-11-15

Worst experience ever

"First of all I ordered a book and it arrived later than expected. I was late two days returning the book but I did not expect for the company to take the full book price from my checking account. After making calls to customer service I finally received a call from a supervisor stating that I would be refunded the full amount once the book arrived and was inspected. I did mail the book and tracked it back to the company to ensure that it had arrived. I showed extreme patience throughout this whole process by being very understand when I did not receive the book when I was promised but when I mailed the book 2 days late they decide to charge may account for the full price of the book. When the book was finally checked in to the ware house and inspected they said that it had water damage and that the company would no longer give me a refund. At this point it is really not about the money, I would settle for just making as many people aware of how they do business so that others don't fall victim to their strigent policies that only benefit the company. I really don't have time to be sitting here or calling this place numberious times for weeks trying to figure out a way to get my money back from them or have a discussion with management regarding this issue. Bottom line when dealing with this company is simple, if you don't walk the thin line outlined in the term of agreement, they will find a way to get additional money from you. I would initially told that they would only refund 50 percent initially by customer services agents who are very rude. It literally takes days for management to call you back if they call at all. It has been two weeks since they charged my account for the full book price, they are saying that the book had water damage and I can assure you that the book was in very good condition with no damage at all. I will have a hard time proving this and it may even be impossible. Hopefully someone reading this review sees some warning signs and makes a determination that this is not they type of company they want to deal with and goes another route. at first I figured that saving a few dollars by going with this company may be worth it but after this experience I will never in a life time use or recommend this company to anyone unless they are a serious gambler. They advertise the lowest price and at the end of the day you pay way more than full price of a book while suffering extreme stress dealing with the nonsense. "

2017-11-04

Excellent

"I was able to get my book on time and had help from Knetbooks.com customer support. I was very happy with the experience I had and look forward to getting all my books from here in the future."

2017-10-24

Rip off

"The day after my book was suppose to be returned they charged my account over $250 for it. Ripping off college student one person at a time. Just sad!"

2017-09-28

Horrible horrible horrible.

""Absolutely horrible experience with this company. They are extremely deceiving and dishonest. I placed an order with them and requested to cancel my order hours later. I made sure that the book had not been shipped yet. They went ahead and shipped my order anyways. They emailed me saying it was too late to cancel the order. I am absolutely certain that they did this purposely so that I would have to pay to send the book back. When I received the book, I immediately shipped it back and asked for a full refund. The online system was offering me $3 out of the $17.50 that I paid. Absolutely ridiculous. I emailed them immediately asking for a FULL refund. They agreed to issue me a FULL refund, however, my account showed I was only going to be refunded $12.20 out of the $17.20. I emailed them once again asking them to fix this. They agreed to change the amount to $17.20. However, once I checked my bank statement, I discovered that they only refunded me the $12.20. This is absolutely unacceptable! They continuously lied to me! Did they think I would forget to check my bank statement and blindly believe that they'd refund me the full amount? I have all my emails as proof. Don't waste your time with this dishonest and TERRIBLE company. I am still waiting to receive my entire refund from these scammers. "

UPDATE: I originally posted this review on another website. I received an email from that website saying KNETBOOKS flagged my review, accusing me of not being an actual customer. Lmao are you kidding me! Nice attempt to hide your fraudulent ways, knetbooks. I replied with a screenshot of my purchase order as well as the multiple emails between myself and knetbooks.

KNETBOOKS replied after I reviewed them stating that they didn't issue me a full refund because the book was delivered on time...but that they would make an exception. I CANCELLED MY ORDER BEFORE THEY SHIPPED THE BOOK, HOW DOES THEIR JUSTIFICATION FOR CHARGING ME ANYTHING MAKE SENSE!? They will lie to you in order to shut you up, but not actually refund you your money unless you fight for it.

Check out trust pilot before ordering from knetbooks. They have an endless amount of honest and horrifying reviews.

Please don't be a victim of knetbooks. Do your research on this company.

2017-09-26

Awesome!

"It was quick, easy, and fast!"

2017-09-18

5 Stars

"I was very pleased with the service. I received my book in less than 5 days, and it is good condition."

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,437 merchant members.