Stores > J-List

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review J-List by clicking a star below.
2017-11-22

No Problems

"Prices are quite high but shipping was fast and I got what I wanted so I'm happy.
I bought Kanon Memorial Edition.

2017-10-29

Works perfect. Shipping tracking is very helpful.

"Product was exactly what I ordered, arrived well packaged and within the allotted time. Link to Japanese shipping tracking was a helpful and interesting feature that continued to track my package even after it had entered the US.

Note in other reviews complaining about the shipping time, importing is not a fast process. When they say 14 to 30 days they mean it. That isn't their fault.

2017-09-04

Order was forgotten, help ticket ignored.

"I never complain about anything, nor have I ever written a negative review, but this was the worst shopping experience I've ever had.

I ordered an item from them almost 2 MONTHS ago, and never received any shipping confirmation. I sent a help ticket and an email inquiring about my order ( I understand it takes a while shipping from out of the country, but 2 months was ridiculous). I waited over a week for a response, and heard nothing back. It wasn't until after I sent ANOTHER ticket did I finally get a response.

About 3 days after that, they finally shipped my item. It was clear my order was lost, and my wait time was way more lenient than it should've been. Absolutely unacceptable costumer service. I should've received a full refund + my purchase for this inconvenience.

Will never order from here again. The company should be ashamed.

2017-05-18

Delivered Slightly Earlier than allocated Time Range And Content is in Perfect Condition

"It was my first time purchasing from J-List so i was a tiny bit Nervous after reading some reviews online.

I Ordered on 9th May 2017 and it was processed and completed on the following day.
Obviously being a cheap person as myself, i got the cheapest Airmail with NO Tracking. Cause the other option is Thrice more.
It Stated that it was to be delivered within 7~14 Days. I Received the package on the 9th Day and the contents were perfect.

I Believe that not everyone from different countries will obtain what they ordered from J-list as there will always either be an **** who will Mess up or Steal the product during the delivering process. But i can say this for sure as J-List Definitely has what they have as shown in their inventory, Package the product & have it sent to the Shipping/Plane Transport. Anything After
this point is practically a Coin flip on Customs Regulations, Human Errors Blah Blah Blah...
As for the Over pricing part, Come on dudes, You can't put a price on what you love. What's the point of keeping the money and stress over the original cost.

At the End of the Day, I Have to Praise J-List as they outdone themselves and everything. Pity i can't give more than 5 Stars
As Proof Below is a link to the image of the package. By The Way i live in Singapore.

2017-03-14

"I placed my order last month. I was happy that it took them only one day to fishing the shipment, however, the waiting for the actual product is more than agonizing. Up to this day, I am still waiting for the order. "

2017-03-08

Awful Service

"I ordered one of their monthly boxes, and at first the order went through twice, both charges appearing on my credit card. Fortunately, their system automatically cancelled one of them. My successful order remained as "Processing"

I waited a few days for any confirmation, checking my order's status now and then with no updates, until I noticed it was "Closed" without any notice. I shot them an email to inquire why, and they told me that they won't ship to my country due to many fraudulent orders or "limitations".

Well, that's something that their system should catch when entering the shipping information, isn't it? Their FAQ does not mention this either, and they were not pro-active in telling me this, I HAD TO ASK. I checked their Knowledge base much later to find out my country was indeed on a not so obvious to find list.

Absolutely appalling, I'd rather buy stuff from Play-Asia or AmiAmi in the future.

bobbywibowo98's Avatar

Medan, Indonesia
2017-02-16

Pretty much a fraud..

"Roughy 2 weeks ago, I made an order to a country which they apparently wouldn't send to due to high amount of frauds (excuse me, I wasn't aware of that point back then), so they put the order On Hold.
At first, they DID NOT send me any notification about the reason of the On Hold status. There was not even a single note related to it in the order overview page. It was just put On Hold, that was it, nothing else.

So I made a ticket asking about the status of the order.
At first, after roughly 1 or 2 days, the ticket disappeared. That was just weird, so I sent a message on their Facebook page to ask about it. It took them more than a day before the ticket re-appeared again and the owner of J-List apologized in my ticket saying that the ticket would "disappear" sometimes due to their system's issues, then he asked me to wait for one of their staffs to reply to me about the status of the order. I thought, "Okay, that was alright", but the next day, the ticket disappeared again.

I asked again about it on their Facebook page, and after a while, they finally told me that it was because of the country (please keep in mind that they didn't tell me about this on the ticket, they just "deleted" the ticket).
Before they said that, I was already aware of it after browsing through everything in the Support Page after the On Hold issue.
I wasn't mad, as I could understand that the country was a little bit problematic with international shopping, so I asked them with normal tone whether even EMS wouldn't work with it (since it had tracking, so I thought it could work), but they just said bluntly that they wouldn't send to me.
At first, I was confused by that statement, were they saying that they wouldn't send to my country or they wouldn't send to me completely? So, I asked whether they'd keep the order On Hold, as I used a Gift Card which my friend bought and since the order was On Hold the Gift Card balance was frozen completely. But you know what? They only read my message and didn't give me any reply!

A few days later (the order was still On Hold), I made a ticket asking for the order to be cancelled since I wanted to re-order the items to a Japanese package forwarding company (at first, the company also wouldn't forward to my country, but they were better at it since they told me I could confirm my identity through some documents so that they could be sure that I wasn't a fraud, which I fulfilled without issues).
At first, one of the staffs apologized about the On Hold status (probably he wasn't aware of the country issue) and said he'd cancel the order, but until a few hours later, the order still remained On Hold. Once it reached midnight, the ticket disappeared. Nice!

I asked at Facebook why the ticket disappeared and apparently they said I kept "bugging" them to send to my country so they blacklisted me and pretty much told me to "screw off" (well, they didn't literally say "screw off" - they told me to look for another store, but they didn't sound polite at all).

Now that's just a fraud!
I specifically said in the ticket that I'd use either a Japanese or a USA address (there was another USA-based package forwarder that I had contacted beforehand). I said in their Facebook page that I had specifically pointed out the fact that I wasn't going to order to my country but they just read the messages and completely ignored them.
Hah, what a fraud..

Also, they NEVER claimed they wouldn't accept order from PEOPLE living in my country (in this case, me, of course). They only claimed that they wouldn't ship to my country. That is to say, I shouldn't have had any issue re-ordering the items to a Japanese address. It's in Japan! Don't tell me they couldn't send the package to their own country?

Keep in mind that the Gift Card was still frozen there.
Totally wasted money for this poor company.

2017-01-23

Quickly shipped, arrived in a matter of days, good communication.

"I have never ordered from J-List before, but they sometimes have products I cannot find available anywhere else, so I decided to purchase a few of them. I paid a little extra for EMS express shipping to the States since my order was quite expensive, and I received an instant verification of my order, and it was shipped the next business day. Package arrived a mere 5 days after was sent out - so, if you don't want a long wait, step up and pay a little more for express shipping."

2016-12-14

Long Wait, good products.

"I was disappointed with shipping, which did run late. especially considering it was $28 shipping (And that was the cheapest). The products themselves are nice and quality. When my package was late I submitted an inquiry that was responded to within 1 day. Very polite. I will warn you, If you order here, ignore the shipping statement "14-30 days (2-4 weeks)" for registered SAL. It'll take anywhere from "35-44 days (3-6 weeks)"."

2016-07-17

Nothing but crooks

"Ordered a product from this website only to not get it ever in the mail after days and days and after the "promise" of delivery day. Emailed them on FB and they called me a problem customer and basically told me to go away. NOTHINNG BUT A SCAM and a horrible rude website DO NOT USE AT ALL this website has nothing good to offer a run of the mill scam site greedy for money/"

2016-02-06

Awesome site would use again

"Ordered on the 19th of jan got it on Feb 6, apart from that everything else was superb, the support I received was above and beyond (shout out to the San Diego branch), I even got a reply the same day even with the difference between UK and US timezones, customs was fine and the package I received was as listed for a lucky bag(maybe even more iirc) anyway 10/10 will use Jlist again in the future"

2015-12-03

"TLDR: Ordered snacks and a figurine with 1 month leeway. Shipment made with Japan Post (with tracking), arrived in 16 days. Went through customs, nothing tampered with, decent packaging. Overpriced items that can be found cheaper elsewhere.

This was my first time buying from Jlist, as I had seen many adverts previously for the site, and wanted to try them out.

I ordered 5 types of snacks and a little figurine for my sisters birthday, from reading other reviews I expected shipment to take at least a months time to arrive. SO I completed my order 1 month before I would need them to arrive (for her birthday).

For my shipment I chose the cheapest shipment available that had tracking ($7.54/£4.99). I was very impressed with the speed at which the package arrived (16 days). This is about the same speed at which packages shipped from Amazon.com take to arrive (to the UK).

There where no problems with the package, was decent, nothing exceptional. Had some small inflated bubble wrapping to keep things from breaking. Package had been opened when it went through customs, but nothing seemed tampered with or in ill condition.

The overall pricing of items seemed somewhat over the top, as I know I can find some of the items 20% cheaper on Ebay (mostly figurines). If it wasn't for the high pricing of some products I would probably give a 5 star review.

2015-11-21

"I ordered something on the 16th of September and now, in the middle of November, I haven't even received a shipping confirmation, even after sending in two tickets."

2015-07-07

"The first time I ordered from them, It was great. I was happy so I ordered again one month later for more snacks... you know what I got today? The package.. You know what was in it?

AIR.

There is nothing else in the package. Only air... Just air.. So I contacted them and got a " ticket " like a " wait in line " type situation... That kind of ticket.. So I"ll find out if they give me money back or if they go " oh so sorry " ... I swear guys.. I don't even really care if they fix the issue... I won't be back. I usually like treats once a month and I guess not from this store.

The sad thing is, I have to lean everyone of my friends away from this site so they don't buy air either. Very misleading.. The package was in great condition, didn't look tampered with.. Yet CONTAINED NOTHING BUT AIR. So.. Great job at keeping that air safe guys. You did that right... I'm so done.

2015-04-02

"I understand that the shipping is expensive but they shouldn't charge a higher rate, cancel one of your larger items, and then still charge you the extra amount to ship the smaller package. They should ask before making such changes and also should honor the option that you chose to not ship things separately. They didn't tell me my item was cancelled until over a week after I received the small package without my figure. I don't think I will ever be ordering from them again."

Share J-List's store rating

J-List is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

J-List is not a merchant member
J-List does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!