Stores > JCPenney

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.88/10 0.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
Voice your opinion! Review JCPenney by clicking a star below.
2018-01-12

JCPenney took money from my bank account but never delivered the items that I had ordered

"I will be very happy when JCPenney goes out of business. On 12/31/2017, I ordered JCPenney merchandise in the amount of 127 dollars. JCPenney happily took 127 dollars from my bank account, but never bothered to ship the items that I had ordered. I have yet to receive the merchandise that I ordered from JCPenney. JCPenney claimed that my order would be delivered within 4 to 7 business days. JCPenney has the absolute worst customer service of any major retail corporation. Although JCPenney merchandise is an excellent value at affordable prices, I will never again buy anything from JCPenney. JCPenney has absolutely no excuse for stealing my money"

2018-01-08

Customer Service Seriously Lacking

"Attempted to order many items online to be delivered in California..... when I went to input credit card billing info, there was only text box for zip codes and states......my billing address is in Canada with postal codes and provinces. I called customer service for assistance ....had to be transferred to a supervisor....I waited for 22min then was cut off without an answer. I called back and went through the same hassles for 16 min and was advised that I had to go through international ordering. Well I did that and my only option was for my items to be delivered to Canada. I'm in California for 4 months and what it delivered here. What kind of company doesn't have options for delivery in California with a Canadian credit card????????????????????? I see JCPenny going the way of the doodoo bird with this kind of customer service......like Sears? Amazon will get my business from now on. "

2018-01-03

Stuck in the middle

"Tried for 8 business days to find out about a recliner I ordered with jcp.com No one would answer in customer service or the furniture department. I had to track down the shipping company where my chair was sitting in a warehouse in Indianapolis Ind. Then I had to set up a delivery schedule on my own. The chair was satisfactory, but I will never use jcp.com ever again."

2017-12-28

WORST Customer Service EVER!!!

"JC Penny's:

The WORST customer service ever and I mean so bad I cannot even begin to tell you how many hours I have wasted on hold just to be "disconnected" when put on hold again.

*bought a sectional 11/24
*still waiting for sectional 12/27 to be delivered (not even the bad part but have NO couch)
*call to find out status, no record of order
*looked up the charges on my JCP credit card, it's there.
*call store back, I need to know the associates name to look it up...WHAT!??? Referred me to furniture customer service
*call furniture customer service department and on hold 42 minutes, they cannot look it up with the order number I have. Told me to call store back.
*call store back, their computer will not look up anything once it's ordered. Have to call furniture dept back.
*call furniture department on hold 25 minutes. They refer me to the online help desk.
*call online help desk, cannot help because ordered at the store.

This went on for two days...so I disputed the charge with JCP since I don't have sofa and no one can tell me where it is or when to expect it.

*called today to determine status of dispute, will take 60 days to process.
*called JCP credit services to get copy of receipt so I have all details of transaction...will take two billing cycles to get me a copy...REALLY??
*called furniture customer service again to see if quicker after holidays...on hold 42 minutes. Spoke to a rep who said "sure, I can look that up" and disconnected me!!!
*CALLED BACK AND PRESSED "NEW PURCHASE" WAS ANSWERED RIGHT AWAY...only to be told that he has no direct line and his name is "SIR"!!!
*was transferred BACK to furniture and am currently on hold again for 30 minutes this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally spoke with someone and she said it will be another week to 2 weeks, cannot give a delivery date...CANCELLED!!!!

2017-12-24

JCPenney did not deliver my packages in time for Xmas, as promised!

"I ordered numerous items on Monday December 18th for delivery before Xmas. The website promised delivery between Dec. 21st-Dec. 23rd, which is why I purchased the items. I received an email from JCPenney that my items didn't ship until Dec. 21st- 3 days later! tracked my package and saw that it had arrived in Buffalo, NY (1 1/2 hours away) just before 4:00 a.m. on Saturday the 23rd- the day I was supposed to receive my packages here in Rochester. I called JCPenney customer service and was promised that I would definitely receive my packages before Xmas because the corporate office was in constant contact with UPS and they promised to continue delivering up until 8:00 p.m. on Xmas Eve. I called UPS this morning, the 24th, to see where my package was, as it didn't arrive on the 23rd. They informed me that JCPenney had shipped my items using 2-day air, which only works on business days- not weekends. They said my order would be delivered on the 26th because no one was even at the Buffalo warehouse to scan my incoming packages. I called JCPenney customer service again to alert them and determine what they could do to help, and after being transferred to three different supervisors and "superiors," I was told that the warehouse had a delay in shipping, which is why my packages didn't ship until the 21st, and that UPS was wrong- they were going to deliver my package by no later than 8:00 p.m. Xmas Eve. After 45 minutes and a transfer to yet another supervisor, my call was "suddenly" disconnected. It is now 9:41 p.m. on Xmas Eve, and I have no packages. I am incredibly frustrated, mad, and disappointed. This is false advertising, as the website promised delivery before Xmas. To send my packages 2-day air on a Thursday, knowing that they would not even be processed for delivery until the 26th, which would be the second business day, is unacceptable. I want immediate compensation for the lack of accurate communication regarding my shipment and the logistics failures that occurred, which resulted in me not having any gifts to give my husband on Xmas day. "

2017-12-21

Mattress never delivered

"I ordered a mattress day after thanksgiving. It has been rescheduled 3 times. Each time I didn’t get any notice until the day after it was already supposed to be delivered with some excuse. Over a month and never delivered mattress. Ended up canceling. I WILL NEVER order from them again "

2017-12-20

Don't order appliances from JCPenneys

"The worst appliance delivery I've ever experienced. We ordered appliances on black Friday to be delivered on Dec.19. We confirmed online several days before they had the correct date, address and phone no. They were supposed to call the day before with a 4 hour window. Never called. When you try to contact them, as others have stated, you sit on hold forever, someone finally picks up then they disconnect you. After repeated attempts at various numbers finally spoke to someone who gave a delivery window from 10-2. No one showed, no one called. After 2 hours of calling and on hold were told they'd be there in 15 min. An hour later they finally arrived and when asked for a delivery receipt (needed for rebate) they said they didn't have one. We've had dozens of appliances delivered from various companies and this is by far the most frustrating and unprofessional. Do yourself a favor and order appliances from someone else."

2017-12-19

Lost Mattress and Box Spring Set

"I ordered a mattress and box spring set on Black Friday online. The furniture department, when I finally called to check on the status, said the items were shipped to the delivery company. The delivery company called me the day after my card was charged for the item, asking to deliver the items. I went a full week of leaving voicemails and calling this delivery company to tell them no, that date did not work and pick another date to finally get a call back saying “you never called us back”. So now, the main number at the delivery company says my item is in the warehouse, the warehouse, says it’s not in the warehouse, and JCPenney has no way of tracking it other than “it says it’s in transit to the warehouse.” I’ve been waiting almost a full month for this order now and they’re making ME wait for the warehouse to complete a “dock search” and see if the mattress comes up instead of sending me a new mattress set through a company who is capable of getting the mattress to me. If they had good customer service and wanted to keep their business, you would think they would be doing their best to satisfy the customer, not make the customer “wait a few more days to let the warehouse complete the dock search”. I called and cancelled the order this morning and bought my mattress and got a free box spring elsewhere. You don’t fully process someone’s card until the item is in that person’s possession for something that is being “red carpet” delivered. Super frustrated and will NEVER shop at JC Penney again."

2017-12-17

Poor customer care

"Shopping pre 2017 Black Friday advertisements, I found a GE 4 piece kitchen appliances package that I wanted to order. While attempting to order I was shut down by the the company...after a very slow response, the company came to the conclusion that they priced the add wrong and would not honor their advertised price. I missed out on other sales, and am still without new appliances. Shameful customer service. "

2017-12-13

Bad Inventory and Service

"Ordered a product from them, once the product finally arrived in the store which took forever no one called. First I call the 800 number numerous times to speak with a csr to see what was going on with the order, found out that the product was in the store and it was an item short, no one contacted me regarding this issue. They refunded the money on a jcp gift card which should have went on my credit card not including a refund for a gift card i also used for the purchase. No matter when you call the 800 for me...it's always a long wait and It seems like I will never get anyone to refund my gift card. This company will try to take you for whatever they can get, yes they have good deals sometime, but they are stealing from the consumer to do it. What happen jc penny, this was a good store?"

2017-12-12

"Good products at good prices but costumer service needs improvement"

2017-12-09

Terrible returns and customer service

"After they shipped completely the wrong products to me (wrong color AND wrong size-- do blind monkeys fill their orders?), I had to spend over an hour on the phone to get a simple return label. They don't have any sort of online returns process. They don't even offer an email address for their customer service. It is just phone, local store (and ours have all closed) or mail it back at your own expense (not happening for THEIR mistake). What century are they living in? Most retailers I could have gotten that done with a couple of mouse clicks. Won't order from them again. I can't risk another hour of awful hold music . "

2017-12-05

Horrible Customer Service, Horrible Shipping & Delivery Experience thus far, good price

"Because the price was right, I gave an extra star.

Was shown at time of ordering a delivery date up to 12/8/17 (bought on 11/27/17). Today I sold my old fridge and called to get the update on delivery in hopes there would be an earlier date.

Had to hold 29 minutes to get a live person. Then was told she can't help me has to transfer to the appliance dept. I asked for the direct number before she transferred just in case, but she transferred without giving it (essentially felt like hanging up on me.) After a long hold it started ringing where someone picked up and immediately disconnected the call without a word. *****! & Frustrated!*

Had to good to find the direct appliance dept number. Finally got ahold of a person who told me the earliest delivery is 12/14/17! So now I'm without a fridge for a week and a half instead of a couple days.

If the delivery/installation experience is good, I may come back to give a 3 out 5 but if it's as bad as my customer service experience today will try to return to give it a 1 out of 5.

2017-12-04

Fed Up!

"I have been patient, kind and today your lack of customer service and lies was the final straw!! called 4 times to resolve my order being placed on my online account, an email confirmation of my order e-mailed to me and having my rewards points put onto my account and having the ability to track my order. I have been previously told; I have to wait 24-48 hours for my order AND email AND the online account/order to join together 2x, that they would email a confirmation of my order 4x and they NEVER emailed it until the furniture department finally did it!!! The customer service representatives lie, telling me the account would join on its own in 24-48 hours. When I bought the mattress it said I would be contacted by December 5th for delivery. When they FINALLY send me the order confirmation email, it now states I will be contacted for delivery by December 12th!!! They lie telling me that I can use my points for the Black Friday sale! They lie telling me I can also combine coupons with the rewards points on Black Friday - I waited and waited and STILL NO POINTS - My order has NEVER reached my online account!! I can't track it! I can't see it!! I have been gaslighted by your customer representatives and your furniture department. The furniture department representative tried to gaslight me - I told her I wanted an email confirmation OF THE ORDER SENT TO ME THAT no one HAS YET BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH sending me a damn email!! She said she wanted me to show her some respect! I said, excuse me?! When am I gonna get some respect and get the email I requested 4 times now?? And then she gets snippy/snarky. I said Yeah, I want an email sent of my order - silence. And I said hello? And she begins saying what do I want? I said I'm waiting. She said for what? I said for the email. She gaslights me saying but you never asked. WHAT??!! I asked for her supervisor and was placed on hold. THAT conversation was also crappy customer service!!! I asked to speak to the furniture floor manager's supervisor and she told me she doesn't have a supervisor. So I asked for the manager over the furniture department and she states he doesn't take phone calls. So I said, "so you lied to me just now, you have a supervisor but he/she doesn't take phone calls!" I am fed up! I will never shop with you again and I am returning what I bought!!!!!!! "

2017-12-03

Price match policy is bullshit

"I placed an order on black friday just to find the same item for half the price at Kohls. No problem right, they have price match. BULLSHIT! I go to the store after the item arrived with the Kohls ad and my receipts, and am told they don't price match. So I look it up online and find the policy which says call the 800 number. After waiting forever, I'm told they do price match with Kohls and she takes my info, Great right? NOPE! They looks up the current price at Kohls. I explain again this was on black Friday, that I have both ads and receipts. I'm told they have no way to verify this!
These items will be returned and I will no longer deal with this lying company!

Share JCPenney's store rating

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!