Stores > Improvements Catalog

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Improvements Catalog by clicking a star below.
2017-11-16

Costs more to return.

"I ordered a 48 "fitted table cloth for my 42" table. The table cloth was too small. I paid 15.99 including shipping. I called to let them kn
ow I was returning it. It was going to cost me another $8.95 restocking fee. The cloth was only $9.99. They didn't care. They would gladly refund $1.04. It's a rip off. Don't order from them

2017-10-12

Never order from these people again.

"I returned an order (stair treads) for a different size (exchange) and they never sent the requested items. Never contacted me. Pathetic customer service. After 2 weeks of not receiving the exchange order I contacted them - and they read to me my exact exchange request from my return form. They knew I had requested an exchange. And completely ignored it. They said they will send the order again. I have no confidence they will do so. They never bothered to send the exchange order. Why would they bother to send it the second time? Will not shop here again. Ever."

Rep reply posted Nov-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so glad we could provide resolution for you. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback as well as giving us a chance to investigate and correct any opportunities we have. We appreciate your business, and we're glad to hear that you'll give us another chance! ”

2017-10-04

Horrible Company

"I've been ordering with them for years now and have had problems with almost all of the orders that I have placed. The most recent order I placed was on July 13th, 2017 and have only received one out of two items that I purchased on that day. Today's date is October 4th, 2017. I've called two additional times now to try and get my order, only to be told today that it was just cancelled and recently refunded. No call, or courtesy email as stated that they typically do. Nothing! Additionally they did nothing two keep my business but say sorry!

I will never order from them again!

Note to management
If your company screws up, make it right. Do what you have to do to keep the client.

C. Arlotta

Rep reply posted Oct-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We have not been able to successfully get in touch with you to investigate and resolve your issues. Without an order or information to verify, we are not able to look into your concerns and make things right for you. Please PM me at your convenience and we'd be happy to help.”

2017-09-14

Worst online experience EVER- horrible customer service

"I ordered ONE floor mat and paid via PayPal. PayPal then notified me that Improvements m had attempted to charge my account four times- all different amounts. I called Improvements, they denied it and then also told me my floor mat was back ordered. When I ordered the mat online, it said available. The next day I received a completely different floor mat than what I ordered. It took 3 attempts to get a return shipping label - finally a supervisor had to do this. They offered no explanation other than whoops, guess there was a glitch in the system as to what I was charged so many times. The time it took to resolves this was beyond ridiculous. Never again!!!! "

Rep reply posted Oct-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“I'm glad I was able to help you sort through the charges you were seeing to gain some insight. Since I haven't heard from you after providing details, please feel free to email me if you're still interested in the mat. Thank you for allowing us the chance to help make things right for you! We always aim for 100% satisfaction with our products and our service. ”

2017-08-06

always a pleasure

"I order from Improvements a few times a year and Ive never had any issues. My items are always delivered in a timely manner and have always been good quality. No complaints here!"

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! Our mission is to delight customers with our products and exceed expectations with our customer service. We appreciate reviews that help us gauge successes as well as improvements. Thank you for being a loyal customer! ”

2017-07-27

Would not order from them again

"This is the 1st time I ordered from improvements ...package received missing packing slip and 1 item. Spends over 30 minutes with customer service (she was very nice) and they were not able to figure out how to resend the item without me paying more than than i originally paid. (Used a coupon on original purchase). There are too many quality online retailers to waste time with silly non customer focused processes...it's a shame but I will have to pass on this retailer"

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for giving us a chance to look into this. We are so glad we could reach a satisfactory resolution for the issues you had. Your feedback is crucial to our success, as we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. We value your business, and hope you enjoy your wreath hanger!”

2017-07-21

The jury is still out...

"I ordered three shelf topers for my bookcases, but they were too small. In the process of shipping them to return them, I contacted customer service on three occasions. Each time, I was greeted with a helpful, friendly representative. I did learn that I would be losing 10.95 for my return (they don't pay return shipping), but was ok with that. I had planned on exchanging the items, but the next day, I happened to come across this site and read the terrible reviews this company has received. I decided I would opt for a credit on my charge card. After filling out a customer satisfaction survey, I informed them I would give them a favorable review if my refund was handled in a timely and correct manner (It was!). I did order a bar stool and I am waiting for that to arrive. I will update my review if necessary, but my experience with the company has been nothing but positive. I hope it remains that way--they seem to have very reasonable prices and a great selection of items. "

Rep reply posted Aug-02-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We hope you enjoy the bar stool! ”

2017-07-20

Stay Away. YOU WILL BE NOT BE SATISFIED DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY

"I ordered a tablecloth (plastic outside table) 14.95 Review said it ran large. So I ordered a small. Table cloth was too small. I saw the return label included in the packaging. I returned the item to exchange for the larger size. I got a letter asking me to call them. They said I have a credit of 4.95 toward the larger size table cloth, but need to pay 14.95 because I used the return label they included. WHAT? or if I don't want the table cloth I can pay 10.95 for the return of the table cloth using the label and they credit me 4.95. WHAT? So I can either end up paying about 30.00 for a plastic tablecloth or lose ten dollars with no tablecloth. WHAT? I talked to a supervisor and she said the company could give me a 4.00 credit as a one time courtesy. ??????? I should of just went to WalMart, at least their customer service makes sense. I told her I could mail a plastic tablecloth using USPS for about $3.00. She said it is their policy that the customer pays 10,95 return shipping. STAY AWAY. They do not have anything in their catalog that you can't get elsewhere cheaper and without a hassle. "

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for reaching out and allowing us to make things right for you. I'm so glad we were able to reach a satisfactory resolution for you. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to continually grow and improve. Thank you so much for shopping with us!”

2017-07-06

Poor quality merchandise

"We ordered 2 bookcases and 2 toppers for them. When they arrived, one bookcase was too damaged to use and both toppers were scratched. We returned the bookcase and asked for a replacement. The replacement bookcase was also damaged. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
The company used to be good but is no longer

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so glad we were able to reach resolution for you. Your feedback is crucial to our success, as we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. Thank you for purchasing from Improvements. We value your business!”

2017-06-07

Broken parts , won't send replacements .

"I bought a magazine stand with a slide out tray when it arrived the tray was broken and 5 of the cam locks broke when I was installing them . I called them and sent pictures , they said they would send replacements , they didn't arrive after one month so I called to check on them , they had sent them to another address , they said . After several calls and emails they finally said that they could not ship me the parts because I am in Canada . They managed to ship the unit to Canada , I can't see why they can't send me replacement parts . So if you order from them and you're located in Canada forget your warranty , there is none .
I will certainly never buy from them again and I'll spread the word to avoid this company .

Rep reply posted Jul-05-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Hi Barry, we have not heard back from you from previous attempts to reach you. Since it is shipping to Canada, we wanted to make sure we have all the correct information, including shipping address. We have founds parts, and would be happy to ship them to you. We stand behind our products and want you to be 100% satisfied. Please private message me if you're still interested in receiving the parts. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. ”

2017-05-18

Don't believe the customer ratings they show

"I purchased their automatic watering system for $49.99. The only good thing I can say is that it was delivered promptly. Unfortunately, this is probably the worst product I've ever ordered online. I tried to write a review about the product on their website, but it is impossible to do so without entering all of the information you would need to order something. I can't imagine anyone would go to that much trouble to write a review. The reviews are listed with 5 star ratings first and lower ratings later. There is no way to go directly to the poorer (and usually more honest) reviews. The system consists of a collapsible plastic-lined fabric bucket, a control box, some tubing and metal clips to hold the tube ends down. After filling the bucket with water per the instructions, I picked it up by the provided bail which promptly disconnected from the rim of the bucket and the spring steel used to make the bucket collapsible did what springs under compression do when released. It was quite comical to me but my wife got a good scare since the spring released towards her along with a good portion of the bucket contents.

Avoid this company like the plague. This product isn't worth $10, much less what they charge. Since I can't recompress the spring and reassemble the bucket, I don't know how I could return it.

Rep reply posted Jun-02-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We were disappointed to hear that the watering system did not perform as expected. We stand behind our products and want our customers to be 100% satisfied. We're glad we could provide a quick and satisfactory resolution. We also appreciate the feedback & suggestions, as it helps us to improve our future product offerings. Thank you for giving us the chance to look into the issue and improve your experience.”

2017-04-29

WORST COMPANY EVER

"I ordered couch cushions that ended up not working out. I had to pay shipping both ways, so it ended up costing me $100 just to order them and send them back. This is the rudest, worst company I have ever encountered. Do not order from them. "

Rep reply posted May-12-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We were very disappointed to hear about your experience, but glad that we were able to turn things around for you and provide a satisfactory resolution. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to focus on opportunities for continuous improvement. ”

2017-04-05

Lies, poor everything

"I ordered a mobile desk that features a slide out tray. The tray is the reason I ordered this desk. I put the entire desk together and discovered the raised lip on the tray was broken (this is the last piece of the assembly). I called customer service immediately and was told they would ship me a replacement. 10 days later I received the part, ALSO broken in exactly the same way. There was no padding in the box to protest this very vulnerable raised lip. I called customer service again and was told they would send me another one. After not hearing from them or receiving another part, I called THEM again Monday and was told they would "escalate" the request and would contact me with an update yesterday. I called TODAY and was told there was no record of my request for a new part! I "escalated" to a supervisor who apologized and found out that the manufacturer would not ship the part for six weeks. She could, however send me one in another color that does not match.
I am ready to tear this beautiful desk apart and send it back. Yes, tear it apart since it is screwed and bolted together. I understand this is a big company and things happen, but to lie to me and then lose the order!

Rep reply posted Apr-11-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Due to the popularity of this product, we are not able to get the part you need for a few weeks. While we know things don't always go as planned, we are here to help and make things right for you. After communicating with you, we are glad to hear that you were able to make the existing unit work. Please let us know if there's anything you need. We want all our customers to be 100% satisfied with all our products for years to come. Thank you for your feedback, as it allows us to focus on continuous growth and improvement. ”

2017-04-03

customer service ****

"How about making sure the parts are in the box when you send out your products"

Rep reply posted Apr-24-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you for your feedback. After reaching out, we were able to determine the parts that were missing. We were successfully able to provide a replacement product that resolved the concerns and provided satisfactory resolution. While we know things can happen, we were responsive and committed to providing an exceptional experience until fully resolved.”

2017-03-29

Customer service issues have been resolved with excellent outcomes.

"the review that I wrote concerning customer service with improvements catalog needs to be amended. Since my earlier review I have been provided with complete and total resolution to my issue that follows. I have been provided a replacement and it arrived yesterday. The piece of furniture is beautiful and has no damage. Customer service contacted me and ordered a new unit to be shipped to me overnight. Improvements catalog truly went above and beyond to resolve my issues. I have had a total change of heart about the customer service that I have received period improvements catalog goes above and beyond to make customers satisfied with their purchase when there is a problem. Do not hesitate to order from this company because if there is an issue it will be resolved. Based upon this experience I will resume ordering from improvements catalog."

Rep reply posted Apr-07-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“I'm so glad to hear we were able to successfully resolve your issues. Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right for you! I hope you enjoy your furniture.”

Share Improvements Catalog's store rating

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,474 merchant members.