800-634-9484

Customer service: 5.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.75/10
2018-06-05

Poor customer service

"I ordered a bathroom cabinet. It arrived with a damaged box which resulted in a piece having chipped paint plus two packs of hardware were missing. I emailed the problem and was told they would send replacements. Then I received notice that my color had been discontinued. I could return for white. I decided to fix the paint myself but still haven't received the hardware three weeks later after several phone calls. They did refund me the cost of the original shipping. This definitely wasn't a priority for them."

2018-03-21

Customer nonservice

"Bought chaise cushions guaranteed not to fade. faded within weeks. Called to get refund, kept [promising to send return labels, then told me they sent them after i complained i had been waiting nearly a month, stock answers, no service, no return labels, no truth to guarantee. BAd company, bad products. BEWARE"

Posted Mar-30-2018

“We are so sorry that you've had issues with your cushions. We stand behind our products and want you to be completely satisfied. We reached out to you to get the order number and to provide further assistance, but we haven't heard back. We would love to provide resolution, but we do need your order number to do so. Please feel free to DM us at your convenience. We at Improvements take feedback seriously, and would love the opportunity to make things right for you.”

2018-03-19

Doesn't honor refund policy

"Bought an oval tablecloth that was advertised as fitting a table up to 48" x 70". It didn't come close, only covered about 3/4 of our 46" x 62" table. Returned it but they only refunded part of what they owed us. We paid $20 for the item and expected $11 refund (less $9 for return charge). Instead they refunded only $9 instead of $11. Customer service couldn't explain the discrepancy. This is fraudulent."

Posted Mar-30-2018

“We are so sorry that you had a negative experience when returning the item. We hope we were able to resolve your concerns and regain your trust in us. I apologize that the return process did not go smoothly, but we want to do everything we can to ensure a smooth experience. While we aim for perfection with both our products and service, we also own any poor experiences and will do everything we can to make things right for you. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to identify areas of opportunity to improve the customer experience.”

2018-03-12

NO QUALITY CONTROL

"BUYER BEWARE! I bought a side table, assembled it, and gently wiped it down with a soft, clean cloth. The cloth snagged on something. When I lifted the cloth, a chunk of the table came up with the cloth. No customer service. Just "I'm sorry you're not pleased with your purchase. Have a good day." I lost a chunk of my table and a chunk of money. "

Posted Mar-30-2018

“We are so sorry to hear about what happened with your table. We have tried to DM you, but we haven't heard back. Please DM us at your convenience with your order number, and we'd be happy to look into this right away for you! While our goal is to have everything go perfectly, we know that there are always opportunities for the best customer experience. That's why feedback like yours is so important to us. Please let us know the order number, and we will make things right for you.”

2018-03-09

Shady business practices - refusal of negative review

"Then I received an email telling me that it would not be published because it failed to meet their review guidelines. I had not been provided with guidelines. My review contained no profanity or falsehoods and I cannot find a legitimate reason why it would not be published by a creditable business.

I emailed them outlining the above and requested that they send me their guidelines so I could ensure that my review met their guidelines. NO RESPONSE.

Apparently, their guidelines are that you must write a positive review. Negative reviews will be refused and you'll be told it doesn't meet their guidelines and it won't be published. EXTREMELY SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICE.

Posted Mar-16-2018

“We apologize that the review guidelines were not explained and that you felt censored. This was definitely not our intention. We do know product reviews are rejected if they are service based and not product based. I believe yours was service based since the item hasn't shipped yet. We would never filter product experiences (nor would we filter service), but we want to make sure that product reviews stay with product reviews so that customers can review them with confidence that it’s related to the product, vs the overall service experience (which is another type of survey). We love capturing the story of our products through the eyes of the consumer and value all feedback. We hope you understand our thought process on this. We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoy your product when it arrives!”

2018-02-09

Buyer Beware!

"I bought an inflatable bed from them...NO GOOD!!! The first one I purchased lasted a few months before it started to deflate on its own. Not a good thing waking up in the middle of the night with the supporting bed poles nipping at your back! I called their customer service department and they were happy to send me a new bed. They refunded my money BUT made me buy a new one instead of sending a replacement bed. Really??? I had to repack it and ship the damaged bed back to them. They sent the return labels, however, the box is large and heavy. I had to take a day off from work to wait for UPS to come and pick it up which takes the ENTIRE day in wait time. The new bed arrives...I was excited until this one started to deflate within a couple of months!!!!!!! I've had it with this company and will take my business elsewhere. Save your coins and buy a real bed from a reputable company!!!!!!!"

Posted Mar-02-2018

“Thank you for responding back to us. We understand if you don't want to verify your order number, and we would like to take this opportunity to clear up any confusion in our process. It sounds like Customer Service made things whole by refunding you for a defective bed and then sending you a new bed at your request. Since the item was unwieldy and big, we provided the courtesy to have UPS come and pick up the item at your residence at no additional cost (instead of having you drop it off at a UPS location). If you are still continuing to have problems with the replacement, please feel free to contact us. We stand behind our products and want you to be completely satisfied. ”

2018-01-26

Always willing to solve the problem

"Do they make mistakes? Sometimes. Do the products arrive damaged? Occasionally. When there's a concern, will they attempt to work out a satisfactory solution? Always.
As long as you remain firm, yet civil, your request for attention is always given proper consideration. If the customer persists, asking for escalation of the matter, a supervisor takes it up, and the issue is resolved. That has been my experience

2017-12-12

I had a great experience with Tammy on the 800 line.

"I ordered 9 battery operated starlight spheres for outdoor Christmas decorations to hang from a tree. They are beautiful and people love them. However, 3 of the 9 did not work. Two only stayed on a few seconds and one stayed on all night when it was supposed to turn off after 5 hours. Tammy gave me a refund for the three and shipped three more to us, two day shipping with no extra charge."

JacquelinePerdue1 from Improvements Catalog has responded
Posted Dec-15-2017

“I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with the order, but I'm glad we were able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Thank you for the feedback!”

2017-11-16

Costs more to return.

"I ordered a 48 "fitted table cloth for my 42" table. The table cloth was too small. I paid 15.99 including shipping. I called to let them kn
ow I was returning it. It was going to cost me another $8.95 restocking fee. The cloth was only $9.99. They didn't care. They would gladly refund $1.04. It's a rip off. Don't order from them

2017-10-12

Never order from these people again.

"I returned an order (stair treads) for a different size (exchange) and they never sent the requested items. Never contacted me. Pathetic customer service. After 2 weeks of not receiving the exchange order I contacted them - and they read to me my exact exchange request from my return form. They knew I had requested an exchange. And completely ignored it. They said they will send the order again. I have no confidence they will do so. They never bothered to send the exchange order. Why would they bother to send it the second time? Will not shop here again. Ever."

Posted Nov-06-2017

“We are so glad we could provide resolution for you. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback as well as giving us a chance to investigate and correct any opportunities we have. We appreciate your business, and we're glad to hear that you'll give us another chance! ”

2017-10-04

Horrible Company

"I've been ordering with them for years now and have had problems with almost all of the orders that I have placed. The most recent order I placed was on July 13th, 2017 and have only received one out of two items that I purchased on that day. Today's date is October 4th, 2017. I've called two additional times now to try and get my order, only to be told today that it was just cancelled and recently refunded. No call, or courtesy email as stated that they typically do. Nothing! Additionally they did nothing two keep my business but say sorry!

I will never order from them again!

Note to management
If your company screws up, make it right. Do what you have to do to keep the client.

C. Arlotta

Posted Oct-06-2017

“We have not been able to successfully get in touch with you to investigate and resolve your issues. Without an order or information to verify, we are not able to look into your concerns and make things right for you. Please PM me at your convenience and we'd be happy to help.”

2017-09-14

Worst online experience EVER- horrible customer service

"I ordered ONE floor mat and paid via PayPal. PayPal then notified me that Improvements m had attempted to charge my account four times- all different amounts. I called Improvements, they denied it and then also told me my floor mat was back ordered. When I ordered the mat online, it said available. The next day I received a completely different floor mat than what I ordered. It took 3 attempts to get a return shipping label - finally a supervisor had to do this. They offered no explanation other than whoops, guess there was a glitch in the system as to what I was charged so many times. The time it took to resolves this was beyond ridiculous. Never again!!!! "

Posted Oct-06-2017

“I'm glad I was able to help you sort through the charges you were seeing to gain some insight. Since I haven't heard from you after providing details, please feel free to email me if you're still interested in the mat. Thank you for allowing us the chance to help make things right for you! We always aim for 100% satisfaction with our products and our service. ”

2017-08-06

always a pleasure

"I order from Improvements a few times a year and Ive never had any issues. My items are always delivered in a timely manner and have always been good quality. No complaints here!"

Posted Aug-10-2017

“Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! Our mission is to delight customers with our products and exceed expectations with our customer service. We appreciate reviews that help us gauge successes as well as improvements. Thank you for being a loyal customer! ”

2017-07-27

Would not order from them again

"This is the 1st time I ordered from improvements ...package received missing packing slip and 1 item. Spends over 30 minutes with customer service (she was very nice) and they were not able to figure out how to resend the item without me paying more than than i originally paid. (Used a coupon on original purchase). There are too many quality online retailers to waste time with silly non customer focused processes...it's a shame but I will have to pass on this retailer"

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Aug-10-2017

“Thanks for giving us a chance to look into this. We are so glad we could reach a satisfactory resolution for the issues you had. Your feedback is crucial to our success, as we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. We value your business, and hope you enjoy your wreath hanger!”

2017-07-21

The jury is still out...

"I ordered three shelf topers for my bookcases, but they were too small. In the process of shipping them to return them, I contacted customer service on three occasions. Each time, I was greeted with a helpful, friendly representative. I did learn that I would be losing 10.95 for my return (they don't pay return shipping), but was ok with that. I had planned on exchanging the items, but the next day, I happened to come across this site and read the terrible reviews this company has received. I decided I would opt for a credit on my charge card. After filling out a customer satisfaction survey, I informed them I would give them a favorable review if my refund was handled in a timely and correct manner (It was!). I did order a bar stool and I am waiting for that to arrive. I will update my review if necessary, but my experience with the company has been nothing but positive. I hope it remains that way--they seem to have very reasonable prices and a great selection of items. "

Posted Aug-02-2017

“Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We hope you enjoy the bar stool! ”

Share Improvements Catalog's store rating

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,436 merchant members.