Stores > Improvements Catalog

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Improvements Catalog by clicking a star below.

"BUYER BEWARE! I bought a side table, assembled it, and gently wiped it down with a soft, clean cloth. The cloth snagged on something. When I lifted the cloth, a chunk of the table came up with the cloth. No customer service. Just "I'm sorry you're not pleased with your purchase. Have a good day." I lost a chunk of my table and a chunk of money. "

Shady business practices - refusal of negative review

"Then I received an email telling me that it would not be published because it failed to meet their review guidelines. I had not been provided with guidelines. My review contained no profanity or falsehoods and I cannot find a legitimate reason why it would not be published by a creditable business.

I emailed them outlining the above and requested that they send me their guidelines so I could ensure that my review met their guidelines. NO RESPONSE.

Apparently, their guidelines are that you must write a positive review. Negative reviews will be refused and you'll be told it doesn't meet their guidelines and it won't be published. EXTREMELY SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICE.

Rep reply posted Mar-16-2018

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We apologize that the review guidelines were not explained and that you felt censored. This was definitely not our intention. We do know product reviews are rejected if they are service based and not product based. I believe yours was service based since the item hasn't shipped yet. We would never filter product experiences (nor would we filter service), but we want to make sure that product reviews stay with product reviews so that customers can review them with confidence that it’s related to the product, vs the overall service experience (which is another type of survey). We love capturing the story of our products through the eyes of the consumer and value all feedback. We hope you understand our thought process on this. We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoy your product when it arrives!”

Buyer Beware!

"I bought an inflatable bed from them...NO GOOD!!! The first one I purchased lasted a few months before it started to deflate on its own. Not a good thing waking up in the middle of the night with the supporting bed poles nipping at your back! I called their customer service department and they were happy to send me a new bed. They refunded my money BUT made me buy a new one instead of sending a replacement bed. Really??? I had to repack it and ship the damaged bed back to them. They sent the return labels, however, the box is large and heavy. I had to take a day off from work to wait for UPS to come and pick it up which takes the ENTIRE day in wait time. The new bed arrives...I was excited until this one started to deflate within a couple of months!!!!!!! I've had it with this company and will take my business elsewhere. Save your coins and buy a real bed from a reputable company!!!!!!!"

Rep reply posted Mar-02-2018

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you for responding back to us. We understand if you don't want to verify your order number, and we would like to take this opportunity to clear up any confusion in our process. It sounds like Customer Service made things whole by refunding you for a defective bed and then sending you a new bed at your request. Since the item was unwieldy and big, we provided the courtesy to have UPS come and pick up the item at your residence at no additional cost (instead of having you drop it off at a UPS location). If you are still continuing to have problems with the replacement, please feel free to contact us. We stand behind our products and want you to be completely satisfied. ”

Always willing to solve the problem

"Do they make mistakes? Sometimes. Do the products arrive damaged? Occasionally. When there's a concern, will they attempt to work out a satisfactory solution? Always.
As long as you remain firm, yet civil, your request for attention is always given proper consideration. If the customer persists, asking for escalation of the matter, a supervisor takes it up, and the issue is resolved. That has been my experience

I had a great experience with Tammy on the 800 line.

"I ordered 9 battery operated starlight spheres for outdoor Christmas decorations to hang from a tree. They are beautiful and people love them. However, 3 of the 9 did not work. Two only stayed on a few seconds and one stayed on all night when it was supposed to turn off after 5 hours. Tammy gave me a refund for the three and shipped three more to us, two day shipping with no extra charge."

Rep reply posted Dec-15-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, JacquelinePerdue1, has responded

“I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with the order, but I'm glad we were able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Thank you for the feedback!”

Costs more to return.

"I ordered a 48 "fitted table cloth for my 42" table. The table cloth was too small. I paid 15.99 including shipping. I called to let them kn
ow I was returning it. It was going to cost me another $8.95 restocking fee. The cloth was only $9.99. They didn't care. They would gladly refund $1.04. It's a rip off. Don't order from them

Never order from these people again.

"I returned an order (stair treads) for a different size (exchange) and they never sent the requested items. Never contacted me. Pathetic customer service. After 2 weeks of not receiving the exchange order I contacted them - and they read to me my exact exchange request from my return form. They knew I had requested an exchange. And completely ignored it. They said they will send the order again. I have no confidence they will do so. They never bothered to send the exchange order. Why would they bother to send it the second time? Will not shop here again. Ever."

Rep reply posted Nov-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so glad we could provide resolution for you. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback as well as giving us a chance to investigate and correct any opportunities we have. We appreciate your business, and we're glad to hear that you'll give us another chance! ”

Horrible Company

"I've been ordering with them for years now and have had problems with almost all of the orders that I have placed. The most recent order I placed was on July 13th, 2017 and have only received one out of two items that I purchased on that day. Today's date is October 4th, 2017. I've called two additional times now to try and get my order, only to be told today that it was just cancelled and recently refunded. No call, or courtesy email as stated that they typically do. Nothing! Additionally they did nothing two keep my business but say sorry!

I will never order from them again!

Note to management
If your company screws up, make it right. Do what you have to do to keep the client.

C. Arlotta

Rep reply posted Oct-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We have not been able to successfully get in touch with you to investigate and resolve your issues. Without an order or information to verify, we are not able to look into your concerns and make things right for you. Please PM me at your convenience and we'd be happy to help.”

Worst online experience EVER- horrible customer service

"I ordered ONE floor mat and paid via PayPal. PayPal then notified me that Improvements m had attempted to charge my account four times- all different amounts. I called Improvements, they denied it and then also told me my floor mat was back ordered. When I ordered the mat online, it said available. The next day I received a completely different floor mat than what I ordered. It took 3 attempts to get a return shipping label - finally a supervisor had to do this. They offered no explanation other than whoops, guess there was a glitch in the system as to what I was charged so many times. The time it took to resolves this was beyond ridiculous. Never again!!!! "

Rep reply posted Oct-06-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“I'm glad I was able to help you sort through the charges you were seeing to gain some insight. Since I haven't heard from you after providing details, please feel free to email me if you're still interested in the mat. Thank you for allowing us the chance to help make things right for you! We always aim for 100% satisfaction with our products and our service. ”

always a pleasure

"I order from Improvements a few times a year and Ive never had any issues. My items are always delivered in a timely manner and have always been good quality. No complaints here!"

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! Our mission is to delight customers with our products and exceed expectations with our customer service. We appreciate reviews that help us gauge successes as well as improvements. Thank you for being a loyal customer! ”

Would not order from them again

"This is the 1st time I ordered from improvements ...package received missing packing slip and 1 item. Spends over 30 minutes with customer service (she was very nice) and they were not able to figure out how to resend the item without me paying more than than i originally paid. (Used a coupon on original purchase). There are too many quality online retailers to waste time with silly non customer focused processes...it's a shame but I will have to pass on this retailer"

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for giving us a chance to look into this. We are so glad we could reach a satisfactory resolution for the issues you had. Your feedback is crucial to our success, as we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. We value your business, and hope you enjoy your wreath hanger!”

The jury is still out...

"I ordered three shelf topers for my bookcases, but they were too small. In the process of shipping them to return them, I contacted customer service on three occasions. Each time, I was greeted with a helpful, friendly representative. I did learn that I would be losing 10.95 for my return (they don't pay return shipping), but was ok with that. I had planned on exchanging the items, but the next day, I happened to come across this site and read the terrible reviews this company has received. I decided I would opt for a credit on my charge card. After filling out a customer satisfaction survey, I informed them I would give them a favorable review if my refund was handled in a timely and correct manner (It was!). I did order a bar stool and I am waiting for that to arrive. I will update my review if necessary, but my experience with the company has been nothing but positive. I hope it remains that way--they seem to have very reasonable prices and a great selection of items. "

Rep reply posted Aug-02-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We hope you enjoy the bar stool! ”

"I ordered a tablecloth (plastic outside table) 14.95 Review said it ran large. So I ordered a small. Table cloth was too small. I saw the return label included in the packaging. I returned the item to exchange for the larger size. I got a letter asking me to call them. They said I have a credit of 4.95 toward the larger size table cloth, but need to pay 14.95 because I used the return label they included. WHAT? or if I don't want the table cloth I can pay 10.95 for the return of the table cloth using the label and they credit me 4.95. WHAT? So I can either end up paying about 30.00 for a plastic tablecloth or lose ten dollars with no tablecloth. WHAT? I talked to a supervisor and she said the company could give me a 4.00 credit as a one time courtesy. ??????? I should of just went to WalMart, at least their customer service makes sense. I told her I could mail a plastic tablecloth using USPS for about $3.00. She said it is their policy that the customer pays 10,95 return shipping. STAY AWAY. They do not have anything in their catalog that you can't get elsewhere cheaper and without a hassle. "

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thanks for reaching out and allowing us to make things right for you. I'm so glad we were able to reach a satisfactory resolution for you. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to continually grow and improve. Thank you so much for shopping with us!”

Poor quality merchandise

"We ordered 2 bookcases and 2 toppers for them. When they arrived, one bookcase was too damaged to use and both toppers were scratched. We returned the bookcase and asked for a replacement. The replacement bookcase was also damaged. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
The company used to be good but is no longer

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so glad we were able to reach resolution for you. Your feedback is crucial to our success, as we want our customers to be 100% satisfied. Thank you for purchasing from Improvements. We value your business!”

Broken parts , won't send replacements .

"I bought a magazine stand with a slide out tray when it arrived the tray was broken and 5 of the cam locks broke when I was installing them . I called them and sent pictures , they said they would send replacements , they didn't arrive after one month so I called to check on them , they had sent them to another address , they said . After several calls and emails they finally said that they could not ship me the parts because I am in Canada . They managed to ship the unit to Canada , I can't see why they can't send me replacement parts . So if you order from them and you're located in Canada forget your warranty , there is none .
I will certainly never buy from them again and I'll spread the word to avoid this company .

Rep reply posted Jul-05-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Hi Barry, we have not heard back from you from previous attempts to reach you. Since it is shipping to Canada, we wanted to make sure we have all the correct information, including shipping address. We have founds parts, and would be happy to ship them to you. We stand behind our products and want you to be 100% satisfied. Please private message me if you're still interested in receiving the parts. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. ”

Share Improvements Catalog's store rating

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,460 merchant members.