homedepot.com

Shipping & packaging: 1.96/10
Customer service: 0.74/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.79/10
2018-01-04

NEVER ORDER CABINETS FROM HD!!!

"I wholeheartedly regret going to Home Depot to order kitchen cabinets/counters. We thought we were super lucky the day we designed and placed the order. The young lady that helped us was great and knew what she was doing. We ordered a total of 13 cabinets. The rest from here has been horrendous. We placed our order on 11/11/17 and were told 4 weeks for the cabs to show up. We called on the day after what made 4 weeks for them to tell us cabinets were there and someone was suppose to call us. Strike 1. How hard is it to call when an order comes in? How long would they have sat there if we hadn't made the first move to call and check the status? So we go in to start picking up our order. We have a small truck so we had to make a couple trips. Once we got them home, we stored them in a garage and slowly started opening them up and checking them out. First one we looked at was what the dishwasher goes into. The back panel was cracked. Immediately we loaded it up and went back to HD where they gave us a white one they had in stock (we ordered dove gray), to use while we waited for a new one to come in. We go back home and continue to look over our order. To our surprise, we only had 12 cabinets. 1 was missing. And it was our biggest one (pantry cab). Back to HD we go.... Come to find out, this cabinet never got pulled into the invoice from the design due to a technical issue with the program they used. No biggy - we can wait for that it doesn't affect our counter top measurements. They ordered us one. Back home -- still looking at cabinets, at this point were looking at every single one, already a little frustrated.... 7 of the 12 cabinets we received were damaged. 6 of them were small/minor flaws. Small cracks, scratches, dried paint drips, messed up doors, etc. We had already scheduled our counter top measurement appointment once we knew the cabinets were in, so we were doing everything we could to avoid rescheduling and setting us behind. We settled for the minor flawed cabinets with the guarantee that any doors/face plates would be replaced for free. Most of the flaws could be hidden by the wall, the adjacent cabinets, or counter top. 1 of the cabinets were beyond being able to work with. It looked as though a fork lift had completely smashed the top of the box, and when we opened the box it was horrendous. We loaded it back onto the truck and to HD we went. They ordered us another with no ETA on when it would come in. So at this point we have re ordered countless doors, back dishwasher panel, 36" base cabinet(that were using for a small breakfast bar) and the pantry cabinet. The only one that would hold up the counter measurements was the 36" base. HD gave us a white one they had in stock so we could get the measurements done. When I say "gave" I mean they "gave" us the option and 20% off of it. We bought it -- just to get it set for the measurements and we planned on replacing it with the gray when it came back in. We also got a lousy 20% off any of the flawed/damaged cabinets we decided to keep. So here we are, with the cabinets/replacements for our counters to be measured. It was scheduled for December 26th. Christmas weekend rolls up and we started setting cabinets. Started at the top, and then started the bottom on Christmas morning. We ordered a corner sink base cabinet, anyone who knows about installing cabinets -- knows you start in the corner and work your way out so everything is aligned, level and flush. This corner cabinet was the only cabinet that came disassembled. We get 1/4 of the way to putting it together just to realize they gave us 2 right side panels rather than a left and a right. They run on a track and have a 90* cut out for the kick plate. Christmas day ruined. We're FUMING! Of course its Christmas so we can't call the store. We also can't call the counter top company and cancel/reschedule. Appt was scheduled for 2 hours before they even technically opened. Luckily they called my husband to let them know they were 20 minutes out so he could tell them not to waste their time because we weren't ready. They laughed and said they weren't surprised and it wasn't uncommon working with HD. My husband took off the 26th strictly for this. So there was a day of work, lost. HD apologized and ordered us a left side panel, for free, expedited. We got it a week later. And it was wrong. So here we are, January 2nd, 2018 when we placed our original cabinet order on November 11, 2017. We haven't had a kitchen for almost 2 months. We've surpassed 3 holidays without one, 1 of which we were suppose to host (Christmas). We tell HD it's wrong and we need another one. Expedited QUICKER THAN THE FIRST. It shouldn't take a whole week for an expedited panel. Kim in kitchen designs ordered the panel for us on Tuesday, January 2nd (expedited). And the store manager promised us a tracking number by Wednesday the 3rd. My husband calls to get the tracking -- got the run around. He got transferred 3 different times to 3 different departments by an "assistant manager" named Sean. I finally speak to Karen in KD just for her to tell me that there was no tracking, and that Kim hadn't expedited the order and there was no part# so they weren't even sure if the right panel was ordered. She assured me she cancelled that order and RE ordered the correct panel. Expedited. And promised I'd have a tracking number ASAP. About an hour or so goes by and I get a call from a young woman in Customer Service.... She got a little **** with me and had a slight attitude. Reassured me again that the panel had been ordered and rushed - 2 day shipping. But I wouldn't have a tracking number until Friday... Which means the panel wouldn't even show up until Monday or Tuesday. So another FULL WEEK for a lousy panel!??!?!?!?! Every day that something is wrong, or late, stretches us out even further from having our kitchen finished. We have spoke to countless managers to receive nothing but the run around. We contacted corporate, in hopes THEY could help us out. We were told we'd get a call within 24-48 hours. It has now been over a week. No one wants to help. No one wants to take accountability for the issues at hand. It's always another persons fault, and at times has been indirectly put on OUR shoulders. The one and only person this entire time that has seemed to care AT ALL about our situation is Karen. But even she can't fix everything and I understand that. That's when a manager should step in to resolve further issues. But they continue to drop it on HER. We have spent at least $12,000 at HD in the last 2 months. (And still have renovations to come that we will go to Lowes for.). We have missed work for appointments, and days orders will be in so we can get it done asap. Not to mention the time and gas over the last 2 months almost going back and forth to get this straightened out! The money we have spent on having to eat out almost every single day because we have no kitchen to cook in! We have to wash any dishes we DO use in the BATHTUB!!!! It is completely absurd, and no one in ALLLLLL of HD seems to care about their customers!! After this is resolved, we will never, EVER, step foot in another Home Depot. "

2017-12-30

Don't EVER believe the delivery dates they promise you

"Many months ago, we ordered some vertical blinds for our windows. Way before they were to be delivered, they had promised us a delivery date. And guess what? They didn't deliver on that date. We had to make multiple calls and spent at least an hour of the phone with them, and then the blinds were still at least a week late.

Six days ago, we ordered a Whirlpool electric range because Home Depot promised us that it would be delivered *today*. Well, yesterday, we spent over an hour on the phone with them to try to confirm the delivery, and they finally told us it was on schedule. Then earlier today, they also confirmed it was still going to be delivered. Our delivery window was supposedly about 2 – 6 p.m. But it was about 5 p.m., and nobody had shown up or called, so we gave them a call. After spending about 15 minutes on the phone with them to see what was going on, they gave us some shocking news—it wasn't going to be delivered today at all!! They suddenly pushed the delivery date back a whole week, and probably would've never even bothered to inform us if we hadn't called up to see what was going on. So, being completely fed up, I just canceled the entire order tonight and decided to order from another company instead, who will be delivering the appliance to us 3 days sooner than Home Depot would have.

Home Depot is a complete nightmare. Whenever you call, it's almost impossible to speak to an agent. You get disconnected, transferred to the wrong department, and then when you actually do get to talk to someone, they usually don't have a clue and give you the wrong information. And sometimes the agents can't even speak English.

Please avoid Home Depot like the plague. If I can help it, I don't ever plan to make a major purchase from them in the future.

2017-12-28

They wont ship out of state!

"I wanted an item that wasn't available locally because it was sold out. I found the item out of state and offered to pay for shipping. All they had to do was take my C.Card info, address and ship it to me but this apparently is to hard for Home Depot to do. I contacted the store that had the item, chatted with a Home Depot Rep and even called into Home Depot customer service and they all said NO. I work retail for Chevrolet and if a customer wants something and is willing to pay for it we will ship it overseas. Home Depot took a simple transaction and turned it into a complete fu#king disaster. I will never to business with them again."

2017-12-26

Deceptive and discriminatory business practices.

"Saw an item online, went to order it and it said that a store 50 miles away had them in stock. Travelled 50 miles to find out that the price was double. Instead of $41 they were $81. Same upc. I could have stayed home and had them delivered to the local store, free shipping, for the $41. Customer “no” service stated that in Raleigh they are listed for $41 but in Fayetteville, a military town, they are double. It looks like Home Depot is trying to gouge our Soldiers.

Someone needs to look into these deceptive and discriminatory business practices.

Discarded Customer After Years of Loyalty

""Thanks for being a loyal cardmember" was an email I received on October 6. On October 29, I made a purchase of $21.37. The amount was due on December 4. The payment was made on December 10 - a first ever late payment - in full with the late fee for a total of $44.74. On December 11, Home Depot decided to decrease the available credit from $4000 to $500. On December 26, I called to close the account, stating that this was an extreme measure to a first time late payment. "Okay, you will have to reapply if you choose to open a Home Depot card in the future." No worries, Home Depot. I won't even shop there in the future. "

2017-12-26

Just can't get what I paid for.

" We ordered 3500 dollars worth of tools and bamboo flooring. The first shipment of the flooring wasn't secured to the pallet and had fallen off it and gotten damaged in the delivery truck. We refused that shipment, had to pay for another because they don't issue refunds until they feel like it and they took the damaged flooring back. Apparently, all they did was let that same damaged flooring sit there for a week and then they dropped it off without notice in the middle of my driveway. Same flooring. Damaged. All over the pallet with some very loose, half-done straps on it. It's clear it was the same exact damaged flooring they tried to deliver the first time. So now we're out two orders. What's more, they say they wont be able to pick this flooring up until next week. That means we can't even use our garages anymore. What's more than that, we will have to wait until whenever they feel like picking it up before we're issued any credit at all. Beyond that even is that it's 30 degrees outside, so the flooring is already completely ruined. I have a very bad feeling this is going to turn into a court case. We've already notified the credit card company and taken photos."

2017-12-16

Unable to contact

"I have called several numbers including the main phone number 800 HOMEDEPOT and the customer service number plus numbers on my tracking info and can never get a person on line to tell them that they are sending my item to the wrong place. The number they give to text them is 38698 which is not a phone number. None of their automated systems address my problem, and it is all totally automated. "

Helpful (2) Cool

2017-12-14

Well I can build a campfire in our new house so that my ill mother will have warm food for two months!!!

"I purchased 6 appliance from Home Depot on 11/29/2017. My order number is H3103-37304. I spent alot of money, as we just bought my mom a new house and I am taking care of her since she became so ill. They told me they would be delivered to the store on Dec. 6. That day came and went. I called and I am now informed that we will not get them until January 30. How am i suppose to feed and clothe my mom in clean clothes....? I bought all the appliance from them because they assured me we would have them by the 20th of December. One would think, if I give you 7k for a product, you would make sure your customer gets it. I am at a loss, not sure what to do. Probably a hot plate and a ice chest. It's about all I can afford as Home Depot has my cash. Between the selling our old house, my mom being ill, trying to get our stuff to new house, I am truly overwhelmed. And this, there is no excuse for this. None ... hmm I think I'm angry.
I am a very unhappy customer.

2017-12-11

Send a $200 heated jacket. No box no wrap sitting on porch!

"Home Depot sent a $200 heated jacket with no wrapping, no box or anything on the outside. They used just the manufacturer's box to ship with. So, 1) shipping damage to the box kind of ruins the nice new present look, and 2) WTF? it's a $200 heated jacket and it is just dropped on my front porch where everyone passing can see it sitting there!!! Not to mention the delivery person didn't even lay the box down flat. They stood it up with the largest description panel facing out toward the street! "

2017-12-04

Appliance Installation Services

"Dont buy an major appliance from Home Depot if you need them to install it. First, they distance themselves from this service by three layers. The installation services is an arm of Home Depot, not Home Depot. The last layer is a 3rd party installation company named Linn Star Transfer, and they are horrendous. They dont show up for appointments and then they dont call you and they dont answer the phone. Do not buy a major appliance from Home Depot until they take some responsibility and do it themselves or fire LInn Star and hire a better company. "

2017-12-01

Shipping delay is not acceptable. I will no longer buy items from Home Depot

"I bought a lown tractor from home Depot On November 25 ,2017. They were going to deliver it in 4 days. Today December 1, 2017, the tracking number indicate that my lown tractor will be delivered to Stafford , Virginia on December 8, 2017. Statfford , Virginia is about 40 miles from my home and I paid for home del648ivery. What is going on? The service is horible. I will no longer buy anything from home Depot. My tracking number is #063-0480648"

2017-11-29

BUY GARAGE DOORS ELSEWHERE

"Ordered a garage door from them and couldn't be more irate. After being misled on multiple occasions about the delivery date, finding out ONLY through my own efforts that they were including the lowest grade springs (but were happy to charge me more for modern ones), getting a voicemail three days before the original date of the already extensive delivery time to tell me they were adding three weeks on and including "that's normal for this time of year" (if it's "normal" why didn't you tell me when I ordered a MONTH ago??), I contacted their order processing department.

Because I had timed several things around the delivery of this door (including changing jobs) and intended to install it myself (while the weather was still good) I asked them to help me out with installation (which would now be in mid to late December after TWO months of their delays). Their response?

First I was told how the "normal" three weeks of extra delay that got casually added on was due to (unspecified) "natural disasters". Just "normal" unexpected, unspecified, happens every year, unpredictable "natural disasters". I tried to point out how one or the other was a lie but logic was a lost cause. The options I was given then were:

"We can cancel it and you'll have no working garage for even longer."

"We'd have to do a site inspection and check all the measurements (OF THE SUPER COMPLICATED RECTANGULAR DOOR) and it'd be another month or more for install. Also we'd have to charge you about $500." (note, they're already slamming me for almost $1600 on the door alone)

or

"We'll give you $100 (or around $4.50/day of the most recent delay) to just shut up and get the door when it's convenient for us. Hey, we're Home Depot; we got enough customers. You don't like it? Take the refund and go to Lowes." (the spring "upgrade" cost more than half of that and the delivery fee alone was over $100 but the slap in the face is free apparently)

I'm sure in-person shopping is exactly what you would expect at any Home Depot. But, if I had the option of ordering from Megan and Kelly and the rest of the Pocatello Home Depot garage door department again or eating a bag of hot ratchets.... bring me some ketchup. A negative experience in every possible way.

2017-11-29

Beware

"Customers beware, you have to know they are not giving you more than 48 hours after the delivery of you appliance to return it. If you have any issues they are sending you to a stupid service company that doesn’t even call you back for 3 weeks... that’s what hapelened to us and our dishwasher. Brand new machine, didn’t work for 1 second. Never turned on and I’m still waiting for the service company. Kitchenaid doesn’t help either. Shame. "

2017-11-25

Wrong Delivery date

"At the store with our products specialist great experience until we paid for our washer/ dryer our delivery date was changed and no one told us.So on the day we waiting for our delivery is when we was told we wasn’t getting it til Wednesday but no one would be home when called to chance day we were directed to serveral department before and would help. Finally we just had to go to store while we waiting off to side we were being talked about at the counter badly So we walked over to counter the talking stopped. We were not able to get our delivery to next week so we now we still wait another week . We wasn’t treated like we just spent almost 1900. We was treated like a bothered. I didn’t cancel my order cause We acually got a deal. But it was a bad experience. Wondering now what’s going to happen next we still haven’t got our washer/ dryer. "

2017-11-17

Vet gets denied discont

"I am a Vietnam era vet and just recently had veteran status included on my state driver’s license. How surprised I was when I showed my driver’s license with the Veteran designation stamped on it and told it would not suffice. They said I need the red, white and blue vet card. That card is only issued to vets who apply for medical benefits. It is not commonly given to most vets. I am appalled at Home Depot for saying it supports veterans but will not support a state that recognizes its veterans. Home Depot should be ashamed of themselves. Hey Lowes, here I come."

Share Home Depot's store rating