Stores > Home Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.76/10 0.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.80/10 0.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
Voice your opinion! Review Home Depot by clicking a star below.
2017-10-04

Bait and switch - false advertising and unfair business practices

"Corporate irresponsibility all around... Recommend buying from a local retailer with better quality and customer service.

+ Advertised discounted custom blinds
+ Discount was not applied online when I was checking out
+ Called customer service, who raised the price by more than the discount, then applied the advertised discount... would not honor the prior price! #ConsumerFraud

+ On an unrelated note, I had previously also bought wood products. Not only were they poor quality, but I later found out they were not sustainably sourced. I've spent nearly $100K at home depot over the past 10 years, and I'm horrified I've been supporting such a reprehensible organization!

2017-10-03

Horrible/ Stay away from Home Depot

"First let me say don't believe the Reps. I showed him the exact tile I wanted and he ordered what he wanted. When I viewed my roof tile I could not believe it and nothing was done with professionalism.
The crew was horrible damaged the crown molding around the gable, big chunks of wood missing and hammer marks seen from the yard. Removed a row of gable shaker shingles from the back wall and threw them out.
The wall flashing and drip edge was horrible and smeared black caulking everywhere. They should be called Home Destruction. My house looked better before they had touched it so don't make the same mistake.

2017-10-01

These people lie to you on shipping times.

"I'm selling my house. I ordered 7 wall vents on 9-20 and was given a date of delivery of 9-27-17. Here I am 10-1 and no vents. Called Home Depot and was told would get on 10-4. Two weeks to fill an order and ship it to you. What a joke. Now I have an open house with no vents on the walls. Thank You Home Depot. This was my last purchase from you. You are not reliable and people can't depend upon you to do the most basic things correctly. Lowes just picked up a new customer "

2017-09-30

Terrible Online Buying Experience

"I wanted to purchase a refrigerator and a washer/dryer for my new home. It was labor day weekend so there was a sale going on and Home Depot was offering fairly attractive prices. So we decided to purchase our fridge and washer/dryer through homedepot.com. The order went through and everything seemed to be ok. I call customer service a few days before the delivery date just to confirm that everything is in order and still coming. They tell me yes. The day of delivery comes and I have not received a delivery window, so I call customer service again to figure it out and upon doing so they tell me my order has been cancelled and they have no idea why. I was never notified of this and they even told me it was still good to go a few days before the actual delivery! So here I am waiting at my new home with none of the appliances I ordered being delivered. They tell me to go into the store to try and re-place my order to make sure that everything works out this time. We go in and spend a solid hour and a half going through what happened, re-order all the appliances with a customer service representative, all the while speaking with a representative from homedepot.com to ensure that everything is done correctly. They confirm it's all good and we go about our day. In a proactive effort to ensure that we are getting it this time around I call in on Monday and Wednesday to make sure that we actually receive our products this time. They validate that we should he receiving our order so we have high hopes at this point that we will finally get our appliances. It's now Friday, the day of delivery, and again we have no delivery window, so I call to try and figure out what it is. The order number I was given the previous week doesn't exist in their systems and they cannot locate my order. They transfer me to online and the rep is finally able to track down my purchase. However, upon doing so, he tells me it's been cancelled once again and has no idea why. So here we are for a second time in the exact same situation as before. No fridge, no washer/dryer, no notification as to whether or not there was an issue with the order and Home depot telling us they have no information as to what happened. At this point it's laughable at how this could happen twice in a row and still with no explanation as to why. Needless to say, I asked for a full refund and will never be doing business with their online franchise again. I appreciate the staff who helped me in the store and will continue to shop at the brick and mortar locations. However, their online business is horrendous and needs to figure things out if they ever want to keep a customer. "

2017-09-27

Never buy a major appliance from this store!!!!!!

"took alomst 3 weeks for delivery and then within a month of buying my GE bottom freezer refridgerator, i come home to a puddle of water and condensation on the things in the fridge. I called Home depot. not their issue it was GE's issue and there is nothing they could do. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. They took my money but when the problem arose, they acted like it was not there problem. "

2017-09-06

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"For anyone that shops at The Home Depot I want you all to know what a terrible customer service this company has.
They were having an online sale on 5 gallons buckets of primer $15 off so I ordered 2. For whatever reason they shipped them to the Manhattan, KS store, even though the website showed my home store as Wichita, KS. When I checked my order and seen they were going to the Manhattan store, I contacted Home Depot customer service, via chat and was told I would have to wait for them to be delivered and contact the store manager. I contacted our store locally and was told basically too bad, because the store in Manhattan would not ship them, they claimed hazardous materials, even though they were shipped to the Manhattan store. They were kind enough to return my money, and said I could reorder them at the regular price. Seriously.... I would have to say I don't think I have experienced such terrible customer service in a long time.
From now on Menard's and Lowe's Home Improvement will be getting my money.

2017-09-03

Online order pick up at store fails repeatedly.

"Every time I try to buy online and pick up at store, their system confirms that the product is in-stock and completes my order. Then, after driving across town to pick up the item, I'm told that they are out of stock. If I place an order to be delivered to my house, the delivery time is usually two weeks. I'm really tired of trying to do business with these people. "

2017-09-02

Great customer service

"My wife bought me tool chest for my 50th birthday today and paid over $500 for it. When I went to pick it up it was damaged. When they brought it up to customer pick up they were not happy they didn't have another one in stock. So to make it right they gave me a higher priced tool chest for the same price. Oh yeah the one she bought was 41 inch they gave me a 52 inch. That was a big surprise. Way to go home Depot. That was GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's why we shop at home Depot they also take care of us and our home needs"

2017-08-29

One size doesn't fit all

" We had a remodel done a couple of years ago in our kitchen by Home Depot. We even applied for and received their card along with a "24 month interest free promotion". This past Saturday, we happened to be in Lowe's where my wife saw two bathroom vanities she liked and they were also on sale. On a lark we asked management if we could get at a 36 month interest promotion if we did the complete project with Lowe's. Answer, "YES" So we went over to Home Depot. Bottom line is after talking with several people in Customer Service and the Credit Department the answer was a resounding "NO"! In addition, Home Depot only has ReBath of Delaware as their service provider for bathrooms. We are planning to put in a free standing tub. ReBath doesn't install them. How can a business sell a product but fail to have a service provider to install the product? We love our kitchen from Home Depot. Wish I could tell you in a few months that we love our bathroom as well."

2017-08-27

Will Not Honor Military Discount for Online Orders

"Highly Disappointed that Home Depot will not honor Military Discount for Online Orders"

2017-08-26

Will NEVER set foot in home depot again

"Purchases a GE washer that was DOA. Home depot said I could reurn it for a 15% restocking fee. They said they would arrange a service call ONE WEEK from now. We wated that week and no one came. When we called to find why no one came an appliance manager was belligerent promissed to call back with details, but never did. I finally resolved the issue with GE myself with no help or service from HD.
Since HD doest value me as a customer, I will take my business myself.

2017-08-25

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE APPLIANCE HERE!! TERRIBLE WEBSITE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"BUYER BEWARE!! I purchased a refrigerator online from Home Depot. Within 24 hours, I found there was a dent on the refrigerator, I immediately contacted them the following day and asked for a return. My tenant was moving in two days later and I cannot wait for another 2 weeks for the replacement. To my surprise, they do NOT accept return of an unused appliance which was delivered LESS THAN 24 hours ago. I was transferred from their main "appliance hotline" to my local store, then I was told that they had to contact the manufacurer then get back to me. I had to spend over an hour on the phone just trying to get an unused refrigerator returned. A few hours back, I got a call from Home Depot telling me that I cannot return the defective refrigerator. They can only offer a service call to replace the dented door, which will be 6-8 weeks away. If I had known that I cannot even return a defective product (unused), I would not have ordered it from HD. Now I know, and I will NEVER order anything from them again! BTW, they deleted my review on the website because you cannot write anything negative about their customer service in the review per their guideline! "

2017-08-21

Misleading Sales/Terrible Customer Care

"Estimator mislead on who was doing the work, and customer care was rude and condescending."

2017-08-20

Worse service in USA

"Last year we changed all the doors and windows in our house. The project cost more than $35,000.00. We are still dealing with them to finish off the project due to the installation service being incredibly bad. City Inspectors cannot pass the inspection. Since then nobody cares after they collected the money. We been sending messages to home Depot and calling the 1 800 # yet no solution. They have sent different contractors three times to solve the problem taking the doors and or some windows out and putting them back in without solving the problem. They make the appointment with the Inspectors to come and the contractors don't show up for the Inspection. Or they call for the inspection but they don't call me and tell me that the inspectors are coming so I can be there to open the house. It has been almost one year and we are still with some window parts in our living room without been install, because they don't pass the Inspection. At this point I think my only solution will be a legal act, because not even managers care about the service that they give to us. I'm even thinking to report them in Customer Service Bureau. "

2017-08-19

Terrible

"I've had a terrible experience during my first visit at Home Depot located in Matthews, North Carolina. I had already bought a twin mattress from a store, and was looking to buy a nice bed frame. I was recommended from friends and family to go to Home Depot, which was the worst mistake I've made so far. We ordered the bed frame and built it twice. Following that we went to the store to check about a screw because it turns out that a few were missing. Unfortunately, the screws weren't available. Following that, I decided to enquire about the top wooden piece of the bed frame. After a few minutes at customer service it turned out that they delivered it incomplete, and it would take another 2 weeks to deliver. So I had to un-do the entire bed frame and return it, making it the third time to assemble the bed."

Share Home Depot's store rating

Home Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Depot is not a merchant member
Home Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!