homedepot.com

Customer service: 0.50/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.53/10
2018-08-11

Home Depot Rebates ****

"Two issues. First one. Shopping in Home Depot. Saw Husky shelving. Made comment I can get 11% rebate from Menards. Store rep says they match Menards rebates. So I order online and pick up at HD. I find out later that you need to order in store for rebate. Sales person never mentioned this. I am out $50. It really is not a match of the Menards rebate program. It is a partial match.

Second issue. I bought two gallons of paint each with a $10 rebate. Saw that the rebate was processed three weeks ago. Card never came. Called HD. They said I needed to wait six weeks. It was Week 5 Day 5 and they would do nothing. Wanted me to call back. Ridiculous customer service.

2018-08-10

Service was horrible today

"I frequent Home Dept and rarely have complaints, but today I went to the Maple Heights, OH store to get plans for new kitchen cabinets. Both designers were on their phones, one was definitely on a personal call, the other possibly but I'm not sure. I stood and looked at both of them, neither acknowledged me or raised their finger saying "I'll be with you in a minute" they both kept talking on their phones. I stood around a few minutes, even looked at cabinets and counter tops and neither lady got off the phone to help. Needless to say, Lowe's will be doing my kitchen."

2018-08-07

All self check out

"Yesterday at Home Depot when I went to check out I noticed that there were no cashers, only self-service checkout. I was totally surprised. Six of the checkouts were closed and the lines were long. There were two employees. Trying to help people that were having problems checkout. I had some items that didn't have a bar code. I had to wait for assistance and held the line up even longer.
They also didn't have what I wanted and said I had to buy online and pick it up at the store a few days later.
Home Depot has been going down hill for the past several years and now all checkout is self-service. I guess they save a lot of money by not hiring human help.

2018-08-02

Poor customer service

I ordered this at near the beginning of July and have yet to receive the entire order and it's now July 31, 2018. The tub was not delivered on the date promised. Customer service has been horrific in resolving issues, and follow through with orders after they receive your money. When I asked for a refund, I was told that I would receive my entire order in Friday, July 27th, 2018; however, it came incomplete, so my bathroom has been demolished since the original promised date of delivery, which was July 24, 2018. I cannot speak to the quality of the item only that I haven't received all items. I don't have a clear answer to when I will receive them. Customer service did not resolve issues or return calls when I was told they would call by a certain time with definitive answers; therefore I will not purchase from them again, and could not recommend that anyone else do so either. You may have better luck in the store rather than online. ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Update: today, after being told by home depot that my order had been delivered over a week ago, they now say, oh well since we see it was a partial shipment, you can return the pieces you have and order again from scratch, or you can just pay the over$1000 again and when the shipment comes use the tub and send back the extra... RIDICULOUSLY **** POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RESOLUTION!

2018-07-30

Avoid Home Depot tool repair in Victor NY

"I wanted to replace my battery powered hedge trimmer with a gas powered, thinking it would be more reliable and last longer (I've been gradually over the years switching everything to gas powered). So I bought a new Ryobi HT26 from Home Depot and used it once last summer on a few hedges. This season it would start but died as soon as I tried to up the throttle to start trimming, which is a sign of a gummed up carburetor -my bad for not draining out the 2 stroke gas over the winter. Paid Home Depot in Victor NY $63 to have the carburetor replaced, thing ran for about 3 minutes very erratically and died. Home Depot said it blew a rod (accused me of running straight gas in it -umm NO! Other tools running on the same 2 stroke fuel are just fine). Further they said that it would be $150 to repair and would be difficult to prove it was a warranty issue with Ryobi. No thanks, told them to trash it. Ryobi and Home Depot are both dead to me.

I have the invoice number at home (not accurate on the post), purchase date is approximate within a day or so.

2018-07-29

Collierville TN worst store I have ever been to

"Collierville TN Home Depot is the worst store I have ever been to. You go to key made and they call someone to help and 30 Minutes later no one shows up. This week I went to get paint. Waited 15 minutes; no one shows up. Let a cashier know I needed help in Paint. She called over the intercom for someone to come to paint. 15 minutes later no one shows up. This happens over and over again. When I told the cashier I will just go to Lowes all she said was sorry and walked off. Went back later in the day to get some hinges for doors. They were out. This happens all the time. I should never have gotten the easy credit card for redoing my house. I come from Birmingham to work for a few days and don't have time for this. I have purchased over $9000 in materials and regret I didn't get a loan from Lowes for this project. I have spent about $2500 at lowe's out of my pocket because I can't wait for Home Depot and can't find what I need. I will be starting 2 new projects in Alabama soon. I will make sure I don't use Home Depot. They have lost all my business."

2018-07-29

Bad store and customer service

" They show a 15000btu LG air conditioner online and you can’t even buy it because it’s never in stock . I bought a rigid air compressor And nothing but trouble piece of crap and they won’t stand behind it The manager of the local store where I bought it at,he didn’t even care about the trouble would not stand behind it In other words he could care less .lost $450 on this. When you call the corporate office all they do is give excuses I’m so done buying at Home Depot. other customers need to do the same watch out about Home Depot ."

2018-07-24

Purchased a Dishwasher Online

"Purchased a dishwasher online which showed up a few days late (fine with that) but the unit was damaged in shipping so I refused to sign for the product and sent it back. I spoke with 2 customer service reps, one in store over the phone and one from head office over the phone. I was told it would be another 2 weeks and that I would need to pay 15% restocking fee. At this point I burst out laughing at the customer service representative. Why? because I used Paypal for my online purchase which gaurentee's 100% money back on purchases. I purchased a new dishwasher from Leon's Which was in stock FREE delivery. after the 11th day I received a refund from Paypal (home depot did NOT contact them back about my dispute). So 2 weeks goes by and guess what shows up at my house? Home Depots delivery company with the dishwasher I refused to take. Zero communication between anyone at this company they wasted lots of time and lost me as a customer forever. DO NOT BUY FROM HOMEDEPOT... Ps. Paypal is simply amazing."

2018-07-18

Do not use self checkout at Home Depot!

"Do not use the self service checkout machines at The Home Depot!

This past Saturday, I used a self service machine to check out at The Home Depot ("HD"). The cost of my purchase was less than two dollars. I decided to pay cash but the smallest bill I had was a twenty. I put the twenty in the machine expecting $18.00 and change in return. I got one dollar back and no coins!

I contacted the associate who I thought was going to get my money. The associate explained that this happens from time to time. This was unbelievable to me. I would think there would be controls in place to make sure this did not happen. The machines should be shut down or customers told not to use cash in the machines. How can HD not correct this known issue?

I did not expect a call to tell me when I can get my change on Sunday but I did expect a call on Monday. I did not get a call. I was told the bookkeeper left at 1 PM and I would not get this issue resolved until the following day. The store assistant manager did not have the authority to resolve this! When I did not get a call by 11:30 AM the following day, I called HD. I did not want another day to go by without resolving this issue! I was finally able to retrieve my change on Tuesday evening.

If I did not stay on top of this issue, I may not have gotten my change! HD has lost a loyal customer for their handling of this issue. Why would they risk the loss of customers with those machines?

2018-07-15

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!!

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM Home Depot!!!!!!!!!

We ordered 2 refrigerators from Home Depot through their 800 number, because the website was having problems. I verified on the phone that it will be delivered Saturday the 14th. On the 13, I found out I needed to host a business dinner, so instead of just relying on the automated system, on the 13th, at around 1 pm, I called to verify that it would be there Saturday, which Home Depot confirmed and gave me the number to text in case I have further questions.

At around 2 pm, I decided to check again, just to have it in writing. At 2:59 pm, George, the Home Depot representative assured me that they had double checked and it would be delivered as promised "Yes Sophia! I just checked and I see that it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow between 9:30-1:30!

2018-07-01

No military discount

"They say military discount. I look up a garage door opener and they had what I was looking for in stock. With the planned discount I drive the extra distance to Home Depot only to find I wasted my time and money.
The garage door opener was not eligible for discount even though it was re price/not on sale.

They do not identify products on the web site or in store as not eligible, you find out at the register.
Big disappointment.

Maybe Lowes still honors military.....

2018-06-21

Front Loading Washing Machine Delivery Botch-Up

"I wanted to provide you my impression of a recent online order I made for a Whirlpool Washer and Pedestal. I executed the order on Memorial Day (5/28/18) and was scheduled for delivery on 6/7/18. The delivery team did not have mounting bolts to install the washing machine and I did not accept delivery. There was no follow up by Home Depot, Whirlpool/Maytag or the delivery agent despite the promises of the delivery team. Each of the three parties were very careful not to take responsibility for the problem.

I had to step in a week later and expedite the process. There was no vendor follow-up process set up to resolve the problem. It ended up taking over 17 days before the next delivery date of 7/23/18. I requested compensation and all Home Depot would offer was a 10% discount. The Home Depot manager did not want to reveal amount of discount until after delivery. I forced her to declare discount amount before delivery because I was afraid that the compensation would be inadequate. I ended up rejecting transaction. I must of spent over two hours on hold during the five phone calls I spent dealing with Home Depot and Whirlpool trying to get this transaction straightened out. There was zero accountability by all parties involved in this transaction.

Home Depot does not have any system or process to deal with problem situations that come up with major appliances. They are merely acting as a broker. The delivery is contracted out to an outside agent. I suspect the delivery contractor is not compensated for fouled up transactions and does not want to make the follow-up trip. There is no incentive for any of the parties to follow up on the transaction.

It ultimately comes down to Home Depot to resolve situation and they are not set up to handle it. I originally called the online 800 number and they referred me to Whirlpool. Why would you have me call Whirlpool to handle an installation/delivery problem when the delivery is contracted by Home Depot? After two to three painstaking calls I find out that you have to call your local store and find one of the two on-site managers. There must be at least four different managers and it seems like you get a different manager each time you call. It is very to reach these people because they are extremely busy. Even if you have their direct phone extension, it is difficult to reach them because they are juggling so many issues - expect to be on hold for minimum of 20-30 minutes each time. It was also obvious to me that none of the managers really cared if they kept my business or not - the individual store does not really become involved with the transaction unless there is a problem. The system is set up without any incentive or accountability to make sure the transaction runs smoothly. There is really nowhere to go to complain. I am not used to that when spending over $1,000 for an item.

2018-06-10

Improper Front Door Installation

"On March 29th, 2012, we had our home front door replaced and installed by Home Depot. Everything seemed fine until 2017 when the door started to push out at the bottom of the frame. We met with Home Depot to see if there was anything they could do and they told us that the JELD WEN door frame was only warrantied for 1 year and that they couldn't help us. So we went and placed a claim with our insurance company at QBE. QBE came back and said that the door had been improperly installed and would not honor our claim. So we are stuck with a front door that is slowly pulling out at the bottom and have no option other than to hire a contractor. I would attach pictures if I could so you could better see what were describing here."

2018-06-08

Express Delivery

"I ordered 2 items for express delivery and waited at home all day for them to arrive. They did not. I checked status and it showed that the product had been delivered—it even showed a signature—not mine!
I then spent 1 hour and 30 minutes on the phone with Home Depot. I spoke with Representative #1 who said he would contact the store on status. After 15 mins, I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to Representative #2. To be fair, she was completely helpful and called the store on status and was apparently also put on hold! After an hour and 15 mins on the phone with Representative #2, it had been arranged that I would receive my shipment the following day.
It is now the following day and the delivery window is gone. I never heard from Home Depot nor received my delivery. Very disappointed as the entire reason I used the express delivery service was for same day delivery.

2018-06-06

No veterans discount homedepot.com

"They say they honor all veterans with a 10% discount, well you have to dig deep into the policy to find out it is in stores only not at homedepot.com. The store only stock the bare minimum. The store manager got upset with me when I ask him if the "online" store was located in China because I can't figure out why I'm thanked for my service in the store but forgotten at the dot com.
Angry Veteran

Share Home Depot's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!