homeadvisor.com

Customer service: 0.89/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.39/10
2018-05-01

They're not honest

"I contacted Home advisor abour getting a new roof installed on our house. The hooked me up with a contractor who wouldn't even come out to our house to look. I talked to them on the phone and gave them all of the information about the house and what I wanted. They said that they had looked at a satellite image and would give me an estimate. I never heard from them again.
I went to Home Advisor and posted a bad review, because this is very unprofessional. Home Advisor said that they only post reviews on their site for contractors that were hired to do the work. How are people supposed to know what kind of contractors Home Advisor recommends , if they don't post all reviewss about them.

Posted May-01-2018

“Hi WayneBeede, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro. Among other reasons, the most helpful feedback for homeowners when making a hiring decision are the ratings concerning actual work the company performed. If a homeowner submits a review about why they didn’t hire someone, it isn’t about their craftsmanship. Non-hired reviews are shared with the pro to make them aware of the issue and we reserve the right to remove them from our network if they have a lot of negative feedback. We're happy to address any other questions or concerns you have about our ratings. To speak with a rep please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

2018-04-21

Contractors-stay away

"They called me everyday until they got my service. After that I never heard from the sales rep ever again. I tried calling many times.

I have a customer that submitted a fake review and with plenty of evidence that the revive is fake, they still choose to keep up the comment. Every time you deal with the staff on home advisor they are very rude. Put your money into a company that actually cares about you.

Posted Apr-23-2018

“Hi BenRosiu, We're sorry to hear about your experience. Once you have enrolled we ask that you contact our Customer Care department (877-947-3639) as they are the ones that will be able to assist you with account chances or concerns moving forward. We would be happy to look into any concerns you have with a review if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and follow up. -HASupport”

2018-04-12

Is a scam

"They send the same lead to 2,3 ,4 contractors , is a good money for them, bad for the contractors, it happens to me....."

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Apr-13-2018

“Hi mpetre1, We're sorry to hear this. Leads are also just as likely to only go to one pro and we take this into account when pricing our leads. We would be happy to address your concerns and discuss strategies for success with our service. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-04-10

The professionals are mostly low quality..go with that advise if a neighbor or contractor.

"No bids from anyone..all incompetent. One caused damage to my property and no one to pay for it but me. I need to contact BBB..the State Attorney General...the customer service..the contractor..the local Chamber of Commerce for any fairness..."

Posted Apr-11-2018

“Hi Jbettle-86272, We're sorry to hear this was your experience. If you haven't done so already, please feel free to share your experience with others by submitting a review here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. You can also send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

2018-04-08

Rip off of the Elderly.

"I hired someone trough Homeadvisor to clear a clogged drain in the kitchen sink at my 87 year old moms house It said unlicensed contractor but we needed someone immediately and it was just for a clogged drain so I was Ok with that. The guy and his wife showed up unclogged the drain early evening and left. In the mourning there was a water leak under the kitchen sink. I thought they had done something to cause the issue. My mom called them back and they came but could not find the leak. I came and checked it and found leak coming from the faucet and a very small leak from garbage disposal.. I purchased a new faucet and garbage disposal and was going to install it myself. My mom said that I do not really have the time so she decided to call back the same guy to install faucet and garbage disposal. The guy showed up at 8:30 at night and did not install fauset -but took everything apart and left us not being able to use the sink. Told my mom she needed to replace sinkl! Yeh the sink was old but who cares if the porclain was a little chipped. He said he would buy buy sink and install everythinbg for around $1000. It took them another 3 days to finish and when done charged my MOM $1700. It was just absolutely awfull. They had hammered off the tile around the sink and placed a drop in sink that does not sit flush on the tile and then placed white caulking over a inch wide around the sink that looks like a 5 year old smeared it on then smeared brown calking over that. He purchased the wrong kid of sink. Our old sink was the type that is installed from under the counter and he got a drop in sink. The calking they used when it dried lifted away from the edge of the sink. It reavealed holes around the edge of the sink. The caulking itself does not apear to be what is used in a kitchen, where it waterproofs. It seems to be what is used for construction. Meaning it does not have silicone it it and not water tight. I am so upset and we can not use the kitchen! We got ripped off!. I am going to have to hire someone to repair the tile and install a new sink. Don't use Home Advisor!"

Posted Apr-09-2018

“Hi lawrencejm27, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro you hired. Please feel free to submit a rating and review for them here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. We're also happy to have a rep reach out to assist you if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-04-07

Lawn service

"Larson Lawn: I did hire this company last year for a few months. Last year I told them I no longer needed them as a family member was taking over doing my yard. I paid the last bill and that was that. Now on 4/7/18 I received a bill stating they have done my yard which if you could see my yard clearly they have not nor did I request there service. I have been sent a bill for $70.00. I work from home as of Jan this year. Clearly I know they have not been to my home my yard looks a mess because I would have seen them and asked why are you here as I stated last year I don’t need your service. I am very disappointed if this is the way this service is ran. I don’t want him coming back to my house!!!"

Posted Apr-09-2018

“Hi gibsonvernell, We're sorry to hear about your experience with this pro. If you haven't done so already, please feel free to submit a review for them here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. We're also happy to have a rep reach out to assist you if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-04-04

Handyman Chris Wilcox

"Very pleased with Chris repairing our porch columns. We rehired our handyman Chris to hang a new entryway door. Charges for work he has done for us was reasonably priced "

2018-03-26

Contractors Beware

"As a business owner I thought this may be a way to add to my client list. However, after signing up and using them for six months I found that I was charged on average $300 a month for the leads. While this would be fine if we were to close maybe 25%; however, when we got calls from kids asking questions and students looking to interview to write a paper this did not help. Additionally, the number of calls that ended up being no answers were at least 50%. When processing a refund we were told this was not covered. Another 10% of the calls were just bad information or non- homeowners without property owner permission.

In short HomeAdvisor has no vetting process for their clients and we as contractors pay the price. Nice idea, poor implementation.

Canceled my account and had to put charges in dispute with my CC as HomeAdvisor would not credit to my CC the credit balance I had on my account.

Posted Mar-27-2018

“Hi cfreels, We're sorry to hear about your experience. While not every situation will be eligible for a credit request there are multiple that are, including bad contact info and the consumer not owning the property. We're always happy to look into lead concerns and discuss ways to help you see the most success with our service. We regret that you have canceled your account but if you would like to further speak with a rep please feel free to call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-03-23

Serve to big business

"Home advisor suggested to use the most expensive plumbing service in my area. I could have easily hired this business without Home Advisor help. It advertises everywhere."

Posted Apr-04-2018

“Hi yuryionin, We're sorry to hear you did not like the pro you matched with. You are always welcome to submit another request or browse other pros here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like help connecting with a pro that meets your project needs, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a project advisor will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-03-22

Never had much success

"You go online and see a company you want to contact, then see they are with home advisor. I have not had much success with home advisors."

Posted Apr-04-2018

“Hi Rebekahj1, We're sorry to hear you haven't seen success using our service. We're happy to address any concerns you have and help you connect with a pro for your project. To speak with a rep, you can call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-03-21

A Contractor Nightmare!

"I hired my last contractor through Home Advisor who made the claim: "Home Advisor Screened & Approved. This service provider has passed the Home Advisor screening process."

This contractor never completed the jobs for which he was hired. Not only did he not have the manpower to do the job, he had to borrow the tools needed, and even didn't show up on one day because he had started another job for someone else! For FIVE MONTHS he did nothing but give me excuse after excuse, saying he would return to finish the jobs and/or pay me the $600 owed for the unfinished work. During the time he was actually on site working, he managed to totally obliterate one of my storage sheds on my property, which has a replacement cost of $400.

I will NEVER use Home Advisor ever again, and I do not recommend them either.

2018-03-20

Bad Service

"Home Advisor Inc.
14023 Denver W Pkwy #200, Golden, CO 80401

I would not recommend this company to anyone, they are in the business of just taking your money and billing your more money. They do not care about your need or service. I could not get a refund for a service I did not want to use and was told I didn't have to use it right away, but instead I was bill for a lead from this and they charged my CC immediately. They told me I could not get a refund and it takes 24 hours to close my account. Do not sign up with this company or they will take your money!!!!

2018-03-13

Too expensive

"You need to expend a lot of money on leads , depending on your job type , for example in my case is flooring and a $500 a month budget didn’t work. You can’t communicate with at least 50% of the leads that you get. My buddy have his budget at $1250 a month and he sells a little more than me but I thinks that’s way to much to spend. Basically a couple of jobs are free because you need to cover the money you spend with Home Advisor. Unless you have a very high budget don’t use them, you will spend a lot of time and money on leads that are for small jobs. "

Posted Mar-13-2018

“Hi joaquinalexander, We're sorry to hear about your concerns, we do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. We're always happy to discuss best practices that will help you see the most success with our service. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-03-09

Scam!

"I’ve been with Homeadvisor as a contractor for 4 days 4 DAYS! And I got about 5 leads none of them picked up none of them texted back and none of them emailed me back but yet Homeadvisor still made out with $200 they automatically took of my account. I tried requesting for my credit and they said I didn’t respond to the leads fast enough. Who in their right mind will call someone at 2am? Even if the lead came in at that time you still don’t call no one at 2am, I would wait until around 8-9am but still no answer from the leads as a small business owner trying to make it each and everyday I feel I have been badly ripped off I paid $287 for an annual or start up fee, and now got $200 taken out of my account for leads that where not even real ones! If you’re a contractor and are thinking of joining Homeadvisor i personally from my experience would not recommend it unless you do have the funds to take a big hit financially "

2018-03-09

nightmare remolding

"I contacted Home Advisor after hearing a commercial on wsb 750. They gave my information to a contractor from Chug a Lug. I hired him, because they stated that the screened the company. The worker was not with the company. I called Home Advisor, and they were no help to me, and advised me to call the police. I called Chug a Lug, and the person that was working on my home answered the phone! He had stated to me that he had no affiliation with the company and I was lied to. I feel Home Advisor put me in this horrible situation and should be held accountable. THe contractor did not put down a tarp when he removed the ceiling. My hardwood floors are scratched and he did not replace the insulation that was removed. I was called a "raisist" and the stress of this so horrible! My husband is disabled and I was left to deal with this nightmare. I am out $1500 for and will have to have the work redone."

Posted Mar-12-2018

“Hi Deborah, We're sorry to hear about your experience, a rep will reach out shortly to assist you. Please see our response to your Consumer Affairs review for further information and resources.”

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,433 merchant members.