homeadvisor.com

Customer service: 0.92/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.38/10
2018-05-29

waste of time.....

"could not get written quote out of any of their contractor......huge waste of my time."

Posted May-30-2018

“Hi stan-93422, Thank you for sharing your experience, we're sorry to hear it could have been more positive. We are always happy to help you connect with other pros for your project. You can submit another request here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse pros in your area here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like to speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

2018-05-18

Too many fake leads

"I have been spending $3,000/month with HomeAdvisor. 60% of my leads are what they classify as "No Contact" leads. That means you pay for it but you never actually get in contact with the home owner. There is no way to not get those. If you want the good leads you must pay for the bad ones as well. So my bill is about $1,800/month for "no contact" leads.

The crappy part about this is I talk to other guys in my area and we all have the same experience. HA sends each lead to 4 contractors and everyone of them is charged $72. HA will not credit for these, obviously, because the are such a cash cow. Well, no more. We are done. My leads are paused for good. But I do want my money back so we are socializing ways to proceed. One of which I just scheduled a free consultation with Jacoby & Meyers

Posted May-21-2018

“Hi feedmarvel, Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry to hear you've run into issues with so many leads. While we are not able to make a homeowner answer the phone, we're always happy to look into your account and cover strategies to help you see the most success with our service. Also, while leads can go to a maximum of four pros, many go to fewer and fees vary depending on the size and scope of the project. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-05-18

HomeAdvisor Treats Pros with Unprofessionalism

"I called and spoke to a Supervisor about unjustified charges of my credit card for 3 leads that was not accepted or authorized. She proceeded to debate/argue with me. I have not been on their site in a year because they have so many leads that are not properly qualified for our work scope/business that we provide. I adjusted my account to where I can choose to accept or decline a lead. They charged me for something called an "Exact Match Lead" that was not something I accepted or authorized. They want to force unauthorized charges onto their customers/Pros. Then their was one lead where they said I accepted which is definitely untrue because I do not even go on their site at all anymore to accept it. Very unprofessional."

Posted May-18-2018

“Hi rbknot, We're sorry to hear you have concerns with some leads, we are more than happy to look further into this matter for you. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-05-17

A total Scam company.

"I was lied to about the services that they provided. You will be charged for fictitious leads. They do use Artificial Intelligence at times in their supervisors. You will wait on hold for over an hour at times. You will not get a rational conversation. This company should be prosecuted."

Posted May-18-2018

“Hi cwaduke-42335, We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Our supervisors are real people and we're always happy to look into lead concerns. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out to further assist you. -HASupport”

2018-05-11

THEY WILL ROB YOU BIG TIME!!

"They charge $348 for a year membership AND they charge you for every lead that they send to you- regardless of whether or not you do the job. When a homeowner request a service, they send the job to every contractors near to the homeowner. The contractors have to fight to get the job before another one do. Most of the time, nobody answer the phone or the homeowner will tell you sorry it was miss take. Nothing will refund back to you. They say it up to you to win the job no matter what. Out of 60 leads they sent to me I only got 5 jobs yet they charge me about $1500.00. I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO TO WHAT I EXPERIENCE WITH THIS GREEDY DOGS."

Posted May-11-2018

“Hi, ChazaqayahLawyah, We're sorry to hear this, we do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. A lead can go to a maximum of four pros, while many go to fewer. While we are not able to issue a credit for every situation, there are many issues that are eligible for a credit. We would be happy to address any account or lead concerns you have and discuss strategies for success. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-05-10

Their commercials promise a lot -- they don't deliver. Will never use again.

"I used Home Advisor to find an exterior painter. One of the "professionals" they sent me was clearly unqualified. When I told him I was going with another contractor he tried to bully me into using him by saying I had already signed a contract. My husband had to threaten the police to stop him from calling. I called Home Advisor to report him but never received a call back.

The company is did use is now back, a year later, for warrantee repair because the job is not holding up.

I have used Angie's List and never had these problems. I will never use Home Advisor again.

Posted May-10-2018

“Hi annrial10, We're sorry to hear you had this experience. If you haven't done so already, please feel free to submit a review of the pros here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. We're also happy to look into any concerns you have regarding your interactions. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-05-08

Taking advantage of contractors

"They give you leads. I would say half of them you never get in touch with!!! And that is a CONSERVATIVE ESTIMATE!!!
I had one lead who I actually got to talk with said” I made a mistake I really don’t want to do anything” I informed home Advisor and they refuse to give me a credit for the $80 dollars or so they charged me. I had one lead where this customer said she really didn’t want a furnace installed, she wanted a hot water heater installed. I informed home Advisor and guess what, still no credit for that one either. That is just the tip of the ice berg. Spent $2000 dollars and nothing in return yet! They say you need reviews, I sent them a half dozen or so past customers info two weeks ago and they still haven’t posted any reviews for me!!! Seems like they are a parasite more than anything. They say the customer pays nothing! Who do they think is paying for all those dead beat leads? When you try talking to a customer rep. You wait AT LEAST a half hour!!! If you ask for a supervisor they told me it’s a seven day call back wait for that!!!! One big question!!! Are all those leads genuine????

Posted May-09-2018

“Hi Bananaguy427, We're sorry to hear you've seen anything but success with us. A lead is created when a homeowner submits a service request online or with one of our reps. While not every situation will be eligible for a credit, there are multiple that are. We're always happy to look into any lead concerns you have and go over strategies to help you see the most success with our service. To speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com or give us a call at 877-947-3639. -HASupport”

2018-05-07

never again

"We used them because of their misleading commercials three times. Every time some fast-talking know-it-all showed up and proclaimed they could do the job for a certain fee which we agreed to pay. Every time the three different men did not complete the work correctly and charged MORE than they estimated. We did a lot of online research after being burned and are convinced the site is owned and operated by the workers who have every incentive to lie and claim that they are honest and perform to expectations. NO! Do not believe the BS. Thrice burned, now we've learned."

Posted May-08-2018

“Hi GuySwentek, We're sorry to hear you've had this experience with pros. The pros in our network do not own our business nor are they employees. Please feel free to submit a review of the pros you've hired here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. We're also happy to address any concerns you have with your interactions. To speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out. -HASupport”

2018-05-07

Super Scammy

"As a business, they will call and email you nonstop. They charge $348 for a year membership AND they charge you for every lead that they send to you- regardless of whether or not you pursue those leads or if they become customers. Stick with Google and Yelp:-)"

Posted May-08-2018

“Hi BrandisLynne, We're sorry to hear have concerns about our service. We're always happy to address any account concerns and discuss strategies to help you see the most success. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-36396 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-05-04

Tree removal expert cameron stinbaugh! My 2nd review!

"Finding an qualified technician is sometimes difficult, however finding a technician who is qualified, as well as courteous, respectful is almost impossible in my part of w.v. I found this in Cameron and his crew! Most of my friends when given a choice would agree."

Posted May-04-2018

“Hi ElizabethSnyder, Thanks for the update, we're happy to hear you were able to connect with this pro and have a great experience! Please also feel free to submit a review for the pro here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/ or send your review to ratings@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-05-01

Over priced and not that experienced

"No matter what it is you need help with all these people want to overcharge you. Do not believe that they have the experience they claim. The best I got was just looking through the Yellow Pages. Also want service I wanted to put in wireless cameras change the price on me and wanted to charge me higher. What a rip off"

Posted May-02-2018

“Hi admmalc, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro, we recommend getting multiple estimates in order to find the one that best fits your project budget. If you haven't done so already, you can send your feedback to the pro here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/ and please feel free to call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 if you would like to speak with a rep. -HASupport”

2018-05-01

They're not honest

"I contacted Home advisor abour getting a new roof installed on our house. The hooked me up with a contractor who wouldn't even come out to our house to look. I talked to them on the phone and gave them all of the information about the house and what I wanted. They said that they had looked at a satellite image and would give me an estimate. I never heard from them again.
I went to Home Advisor and posted a bad review, because this is very unprofessional. Home Advisor said that they only post reviews on their site for contractors that were hired to do the work. How are people supposed to know what kind of contractors Home Advisor recommends , if they don't post all reviewss about them.

Posted May-01-2018

“Hi WayneBeede, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro. Among other reasons, the most helpful feedback for homeowners when making a hiring decision are the ratings concerning actual work the company performed. If a homeowner submits a review about why they didn’t hire someone, it isn’t about their craftsmanship. Non-hired reviews are shared with the pro to make them aware of the issue and we reserve the right to remove them from our network if they have a lot of negative feedback. We're happy to address any other questions or concerns you have about our ratings. To speak with a rep please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

2018-04-21

Contractors-stay away

"They called me everyday until they got my service. After that I never heard from the sales rep ever again. I tried calling many times.

I have a customer that submitted a fake review and with plenty of evidence that the revive is fake, they still choose to keep up the comment. Every time you deal with the staff on home advisor they are very rude. Put your money into a company that actually cares about you.

Posted Apr-23-2018

“Hi BenRosiu, We're sorry to hear about your experience. Once you have enrolled we ask that you contact our Customer Care department (877-947-3639) as they are the ones that will be able to assist you with account chances or concerns moving forward. We would be happy to look into any concerns you have with a review if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and follow up. -HASupport”

2018-04-12

Is a scam

"They send the same lead to 2,3 ,4 contractors , is a good money for them, bad for the contractors, it happens to me....."

Posted Apr-13-2018

“Hi mpetre1, We're sorry to hear this. Leads are also just as likely to only go to one pro and we take this into account when pricing our leads. We would be happy to address your concerns and discuss strategies for success with our service. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-04-10

The professionals are mostly low quality..go with that advise if a neighbor or contractor.

"No bids from anyone..all incompetent. One caused damage to my property and no one to pay for it but me. I need to contact BBB..the State Attorney General...the customer service..the contractor..the local Chamber of Commerce for any fairness..."

Posted Apr-11-2018

“Hi Jbettle-86272, We're sorry to hear this was your experience. If you haven't done so already, please feel free to share your experience with others by submitting a review here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. You can also send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,433 merchant members.