homeadvisor.com

Shipping & packaging: 0.58/10
Customer service: 0.89/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.39/10
2018-06-30

Do NOT join Home Advisor as an advertiser!

"I joined only 2 weeks ago. They took my $348 for membership and after another week, they started sending me "leads". In 5 days time I received 6 leads at an average of $80 per lead. Only 1 of those leads was I actually able to contact and estimate a job. Of the remaining 5; 3 of them I could not make any contact at all (did not answer phones or emails and did not return calls). 1 of them was given to me completely outside the scope of work I do and 1 could not do the job at all due to an electrical junction box location. I used their request credit link and was given credit for 2 of them... Great! Right? I gave it a few days to see if any of the other 3 would call back, they never did. 1 of these "customers" had an address less than 2 miles from me so I drove over there to find it was a dilapidated trailer park and the lot # the "customer" listed was a vacant lot!
I called my rep at Homeadivsor to be told that the jist of it is if the phone number for the "customer" is real then they charge for the lead. That is NOT a lead! It is not a lead if you NEVER EVER get to communicate with the customer at all. Further, I looked at my directory listing (the only thing you get for your $348 per year and they had a phone number listed which isn't even my number! I called the number to see that the call goes to Home Advisor (in care of my company). THey do this so that when I am lucky enough to get someone to look me up and find me directly, they still get ran through the Home Advisor system so that I can be charged for a lead fee!!! You got that? You get to pay twice for those customers!!! Of course, as soon as I sent my Home Advisor "rep" an email about this they immediately put my real phone number there.
When you call them and complain they let you know that it clearly states in their umpteen pages of terms and conditions that I agreed to pay for any garbage they throw at me. Here's the real question though... How many other contractors received those same garbage leads that I did? Just exactly how much did Home Advisor make from these jobs that were never going to materialize for anyone? Their business model is awful and predatory and they don't care one bit. On to the next poor contractor to pilfer his advertising budget. Shame on these chiselers!!

Posted Jul-02-2018

“Hi Pete, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. Please see our response to your Consumer Affairs review. -HASupport”

2018-06-28

Don’t sign up!!!

"Just take my word for it, and all the others! Big rip off! And after disputing a lead charge, they totally ignored me and have threatened to take me to collections over 42.14! Candace"

Posted Jun-28-2018

“Hi Candace, We're sorry to hear this. By filing a chargeback, you create an outstanding balance for the amount that you disputed as this forces a refund against our terms of service. We're happy to address any questions or concerns you have in this matter. Please provide your contact info here or send it to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-26

HomeAdvisor is a Scam

"HomeAdvisor is a total scam! They are willing to answer your calls to get your credit card information but after that they have no interest in dealing with your questions and provide garbage leads! As small business owner's we have no problem paying for decent leads but when you are not able to have someone return your calls and have matters resolved - it is clear that you have no concept of customer service!!!!"

Posted Jun-26-2018

“Hi aquasealpro, We're sorry to hear you've seen anything but success with our service, we are not a scam. We are always happy to address any questions or concerns if you contact our Customer Care department by calling 877-947-3639 or by using our Live Chat option here: http://homeadvisor.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/request_source/8. We can also have a rep reach out to address any concerns you have if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account. -HASupport”

2018-06-25

Don’t waste your money

"We had 25 leads sent and only 4 jobs landed. Paid them 1200.00 and broke even. After wasting my time, gas, and doing payroll it wasn’t what I expected. It cost me $284 for start up. Then they charged me every week for bogus leads. I absolutely don’t recommend it."

Posted Jun-26-2018

“Hi HarveyLa, We're sorry to hear you did not see more success with your leads. There are multiple situations that would cause a lead to be eligible for a credit and we're always happy to discuss strategies to help you see the most success with our service. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

2018-06-22

Scam- Do not pay for this service!

"I'm really embarrassed that I paid for this service. I should have read the negative feedback here before handing over my credit card. All the businesses here who are claiming they received unqualified, fake, or generally useless leads are telling the truth. This business is going to take your money and provide nothing in return. Do not give them your credit card. They even record you stating your business name and title because they have had so many credit card disputes. Too bad this is a scam. the idea is great. All the businesses who have been defrauded by homeadvisor should join a class action lawsuit."

Posted Jun-22-2018

“Hi sierramountain, We're sorry to hear this, we do our best to provide you with tools to help you sell your business. We're always happy to look into any account or lead concerns and cover strategies to help you see the most success with your leads. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-15

Home advisor ****

"About a year ago I took one of their recommendations for somebody to work on my sliding glass doors and their recommendation did nothing but steal one of my doorhandles… Then I hired one of their recommendations to do landscaping and he did not do what I ask him to do then threaten me then save it I’ll file false charges against me and I had to call the police to get him to leave my property… I REPORTED THIS TO HOME ADVISOR AND DID NOTHING!!!"

Posted Jun-19-2018

“Hi Bill-29706, We're sorry to hear you had these experiences. We would be happy to look into any concerns you have. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-13

HomeAdvisor is biased

"HomeAdvisor essentially pushed Hiller on me for my electric project, even though others were rated higher. HomeAdvisor called me and connected me to Hiller. Hiller tech was almost two hours late and charged a lot for the job. I would never consult HomeAdvisor again or use Hiller."

Posted Jun-14-2018

“Hi Matt-19261, We're sorry to hear about your experience. The hiring decision is up to you. Please see our response to your Consumer Affairs review for additional info and resources. -HASupport”

2018-06-13

Home Advisor is a complete SCAM!

"I'm a solar energy contractor working on expanding my customer base. We thought joining Home Advisor would do this. We paid all the initial set up fees and annual memberships and built our account. Once we started receiving leads they were all scams. In 10 leads that we pay just over $65 each for, we talked to 1 customer. Everything else was fake information, no answers, wrong person, not interested, never gave home advisor information. The worst part about this is not only are we being billed for leads, but other contractors are paying for the same lead to the same fake customer. So disappointed with the service. Complete garbage. Do not ever contract with HomeAdvisor. "

Posted Jun-13-2018

“Hi AaranKoller, We're sorry to hear you've seen anything but success with our service, we do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. Leads with incorrect contact info are one of multiple situations that are eligible for a credit. We're always happy to look into any lead concerns and discuss ways to help you see the most success with us. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2018-06-11

Home Advisor = SCAM!!!!!!!RUN/AVOID AT ALL COST

"On 05/15 I signed my business up with Home Advisor ($378.00 for the year): Eric Schunk - Customer Care Specialist. He eager, willing and apparently forgetful on HA services and cancellation policy. Fast forward 06/11, I have only been provided 1 lead which was unsuccessful and was charge $39.00 anyway. So here is the scam: 1. After you sign up, u have 3 days to get a complete refund. Really!! They do no give you any leads but after 3 days they will not refund you. In the first 2-3 days as a new customer you are still trying to understand how this works and there is no way possible you can determined if HA is good for your business in 3 days. - This was not explained when I signed up. 2. Leads - regardless if you are successful or unsuccessful they will charge you a fee. Again REALLY!! Initially I was explained you will ONLY be charged if I was successful in acquiring the client business NOT we will charge you regardless the outcome - This is also non refundable. IN SHORT - THIS COMPANY IS A NATION WIDE SCAM. It is amazing this company is allowed to continue to do business. IT IS BUILT ON NON-REFUNDABLE CHARGES WITH MISLEADING INFORMATION"

Posted Jun-12-2018

“Hi UPSET14, We're sorry to hear about your concerns, we are not a scam. There are a number of ways you can increase your lead flow and our cancelation policy is stated in our terms and conditions. We're happy to further address any issues you've run into with your account. Please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-07

New Build of retirement house on the Lake.

"They do not check out the contractors they give you to hire they only check the applicant of the company's credit report which could be good but the company may not be and some of them are scam artist to collect thousands of dollars from you appear like they are doing the job then state they have to go get other things & never show back up to do the job they talked you out of the money for. North Texas Remodeling run by Robert Giles who may change the name of his company but always uses the same phone #903-804-9176. This company even told me his tile installer went to Mexico & never came back to work so tells me he does not even hire qualified employee's in all directions."

Posted Jun-08-2018

“Hi JudyMoseley, We're sorry to hear about your experience with this pro. We absolutely screen our pros and encourage you to find information about what that process consists of here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. It appears the business in question is no longer on our network. We're happy to address any concerns regarding your experience with this pro, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-07

They don't do background checks. They don't verify reviews or mediate as told

"This service cost me thousands of dollars hiring a remodeling company that can't build a small Sheetrock wall or hang a door. They use our bathtub to clean out their paint equipment clogged the drain and now the tub basin is ruined.They taped off nothing when the hand paint and did not remove window covering which is ruined.

They said they have a mediation department that would call me but never did. Use your local home builders association for referrals or BBB.

Posted Jun-07-2018

“Hi twinplug, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro. We absolutely screen our pros and encourage you to find more information about that process here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. We're more than happy to have a rep reach out to assist you with this matter. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-05

Very Rude & Aggressive representatives calling

"I have told HomeAdvisor several times to take me off of their calling list. They are rude and very persistent on trying to get you to use their services which require us business owners to pay for. When I explain that we are so busy with business as it is-so why should we pay for more clients- they don't want to hear that and keep with their programmed speech which then makes me have to loudly tell them to stop talking so I can demand that they remove my number from their calling list.
I have now had to block their main number in hopes that they won't be able to reach us any other way.

Posted Jun-05-2018

“Hi skra, We're sorry to hear this has been your experience, this isn't the type of interaction we want or would expect you to have with our business. We are more than happy to make sure you have been placed on our Do Not Call list. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate you on our end and do so. -HASupport”

2018-06-04

Charged when leads were off and for leads home owners did not even want

"First I own abrushabovepaintingnc.com here in Boone NC I have been using home advisor for the past 11 months.in the beginning this company was just wonderful. How ever here lately I've been charged when my leads were turned off and 89 bucks for one exterior lead the home owner never even wanted. And good luck calling 877 947 3639 the reps are clueless they have a absolutely no power every thing is done by some one else through e mail. I learned my lesson using this company BEWARE you've been warned

Posted Jun-05-2018

“Hi jerryrobertsusmc, We're sorry to hear about your recent experience. While you can still be charged for a prior outstanding balance while leads are turned off, you shouldn't receive new leads when you have paused them. We have forwarded this matter to the proper channels and a rep will be reaching out to further address your concerns. -HASupport”

2018-06-04

Horrible Scam For Contractors!

"HomeAdvisor is a terrible service for business owners who the contract work for. Their service is laced with mulitple "gotcha"s in quarterly fees, over-priced lead fees. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE AS A CONTRACTOR!"

Posted Jun-04-2018

“Hi MASCO, We're sorry to hear this. We're always happy to look into any account or billing concerns. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to further assist you or call Customer Care at 877-947-3639. -HASupport”

Project Delayer

"In a city of 130,000, we received one vendor name for a common home improvement project. That vendor promised to respond in a few days, but hasn't even made the effort ten days later. On a previous project ($5,000 in size), three vendors were offered but none would bid. This "service" only serves to delay project kick-off so that the consumer can find service providers on their own. We will NEVER use HomeAdvisor for anything, ever again."

Posted Jun-04-2018

“Hi palosrunner, Thanks for sharing your experience. We're sorry to hear you have run into trouble connecting with pros, we encourage our pros to respond to requests as quickly as possible. We would be happy to help you connect with different pros for your projects. You are always welcome to submit another request here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse pros in your area here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like to speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,433 merchant members.