Services

Shipping & packaging: 0.80/10
Customer service: 1.10/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.43/10
2018-03-07

Never showed up,no phone call

"Said he would take care of my Dishwasher problem, told me what day and time he would be here"

Posted Mar-08-2018

“Hi richardtalbert417, We're sorry to hear this, we encourage our pros to honor their appointment times. You can submit your feedback to them here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/ and we would be happy to help you connect with a different pro. You are always welcome to submit another request here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse pros in your area here: http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like to speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

2018-03-07

Horrible!

"I just signed up with them Friday when they promised a $300 credit towards leads, said service leads are 22.00 and replacement leads 50.00 and convinced me that they had improved their system.
Reason for the $300 credit was because I cancelled their service last fall when leads turned to crap and still paid for the full year. So it was supposed to offset the 287.99 signup fee.

First lead was Saturday at 9pm for changeout. $60. No answer when I called, so sent email. On the second call on Sunday the home owner said their neighbor took care of it.
Second lead nobody picked up.

Called home advisor and they had no notes on a $300 credit and were going to charge a full price for their services.
So decided to cancel and get the 287.99 set up fee back. They how ever said there was no way to refund the $120.00 that they had already delivered to me on leads.

Answer to Rep: I was with service magic and this was my second time with home advisor. Another rep looking "into it" will not cover my losses. It does however give the impression that you would be willing to do something.
I would suggest home owners to look into google reviews and not call companies thru home advisor, because the company you will get is already $20-$100 in the hole. With an average of getting 1 customer from every 4 leads the actual number is somewhere between $80-400.

Posted Mar-08-2018

“Hi Hartstr, We're sorry to hear about your account concerns and happy to look further into this matter for you. Please send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

2018-03-02

They are a good way to get your name out there

"Helped to grow the business. May sign up again later. Had issue with bad review still trying to work out with them. I hope they can help. On hold for now but overall good to play with the bigger names."

Posted Mar-05-2018

“Hi JoshLeeser, We're sorry to hear you've had anything but success with our service. We take the integrity of our reviews very seriously and are always happy to address any concerns. Please send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

2018-03-02

Scamer

""Home Advisor is a scam
They charge to many contractor for same lead

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Mar-05-2018

“Hi unitedfriendgc, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business, we are not a scam. A lead can go to a maximum of four pros while many go to fewer. We're happy to address any concerns you have with your account. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport”

2018-02-28

Scam artists

"Home Advisor is a scam. They too off the contractor by charging for services that I don't offer. And jobs we dont actually get."

2018-02-20

Charged a fee for useless leads

"Home Advisor sends you leads which you pay for. Then you contact the lead based on the information (phone number/email) you are given. When you call the phone numbers you are given and the person answers your call and says they never requested your service or called home advisor you have to ask for a refund from home advisor. They refuse to give you a credit for providing USELESS information and their excuse is “we don’t have the resources to verify all the information we pass on to you” and “that’s the cost of doing business “. Wow what a great way to screw honest business owners out of money!!!"

2018-02-20

Home advisor is a BIG SCAM

" Most of the leads were not legitimate. Made actual contact with less than 20% of the leads... even when calling back within seconds, making multiple calls, sending texts and sending emails. On some callbacks, the numbers never even rang, 3 beeps and a disconnect. They will also renew your membership automatically, without notification, and refuse refunds. There is a class action lawsuit pending against the company.

2018-02-17

Scam

"Don't use them the are just trying to get your money with there marketing skims, don't fall for it."

Posted Feb-28-2018

“Hi jacobdevlinthomas, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business, we are not a scam. We're more than happy to address any concerns you have, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport”

A real pain

"I did not realize that looking at a list of potential "pros" entitled THEM to call me because you provide them with All of MY information.....I had no idea why my phone starting ringing off the hook as I was doing research on your site for several different areas.
What a fiasco. The poor contractors were so bewildered as to why I said that I was still thinking about it....not ready to do more than read reviews. Now I find out that they get charged for a "lead"....horrible system

Posted Feb-28-2018

“Hi marcibythesea, We apologize for any confusion caused by our site. By submitting a service request, your info is sent to our pros who will attempt to reach out and assist you. If you prefer to browse pros first and contact them at your leisure, we welcome you to use our directory here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. We're happy to address any concerns as well if you call Customer Care at 877-699-4736. -HASupport”

Contractors - avoid Home Advisor

"90% of the leads we received you cant even make initial contact with, the other 10% you pay for tire kickers. Lets add this up, you have to pay Home Advisor $97 for a phone number and email that more then likely won't work. If it does, add the time it takes meeting with the client and discussing the project details, just to find out they can't afford it, or simply are just bid shopping.

By the time you may get an actual job, you will be well over $1000 invested from other leads, and that will cut into your bottom line profit.

What really sent me over the edge were the business practices at Home Advisor. When I first started to check them out they wanted to do a pre screen background check which was fine, except they needed a debit card on file to push it thru. After being assured the card wouldn't be charged, it in fact was and the account was setup. I called to cancel and they told me they cannot refund the money, however they did offer 6 free leads, which I regret I accepted. After about a week the leads were all used up and not one job had come of them, I called for a refund and was told that "the 3 day period allotted for refunds has passed". My initial first phone call to cancel was well within the 3 day period.

Long story short, I ate the $400 membership fee and cancelled anyway to not be apart of this shady business. Live and learn, don't make the mistake that cost my company $400. A lot of their reviews are bought, there are a lot more contractors like myself that are livid and extremely unhappy with Home Advisor.

Posted Feb-28-2018

“Hi EliteRestoration, We're sorry to hear you had anything but success with our service. We're always happy to address any account concerns and discuss strategies for success. To speak with a rep about your old account, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639. -HASupport”

2018-02-16

I was scammed by a contractor recommended by HomeAdvisor, HomeAdvisor didn't help

"I was charged 5 times the average price for the work and the work was not done properly or completed. HomeAdvisor thought a good settlement would be to get the contractor pay me back the extra expense I acquired to fix the work. Fixing the poor work was not expensive since the initially work was simple so I was the one that end up loosing. Also the contractor has good reviews in HomeAdvisor, but very bad ones in Yelp and it's not listed in Angie's List. Make wonder how they rate contractors."

Posted Feb-28-2018

“Hi mmny07, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro you hired. As we are not involved with our pro's prices, we recommend getting multiple estimates in order to find the pro that fits your budget. We do not rate our pros, they are rated by their previous customers and we welcome you to submit your review for the pro here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. If you would like to speak with a rep further about your experience, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736. -HASupport”

2018-02-15

Don't use.

"HomeAdvisor is an agent without doing any quality control to the real contractors they recommend. I got a home inspection through them in June 2017, the guy didn't find several major flaws, including leaking sinks, no hot water bathtub, once being flooded basement, empty air hood (no fan, no motor inside. did he ever turn the power switch on? !!). When I complained, HomeAdvisor said it's not their responsibility! "

Posted Feb-15-2018

“Hi redhatw, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro you hired. As we are a source of advertising for pros and not a legal entity, there are some limitations in the power we have over pros. That said, we are more than happy to look into any concerns if you call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. Please also feel free to share your experience with others by submitting a review for this pro here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review/. -HASupport”

2018-02-13

Home Advisor is a big scam

"They sell your information to any contractor that wants it good or bad.. Home Advisor make $50-$90 off of every contractor that they send your information too. "

Posted Feb-13-2018

“Hi info-45682, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business, we are not a scam. We screen our pros and take this process very seriously, please feel free to find more information about our screening here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. We're happy to address any concerns you have, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 to speak with a rep. -HASupport”

2018-02-10

Contractors pay for their leads.

"As a contractor for two years with Home Advisor I would definitely not recommend using HomeAdvisor to get work. Most of the leads that you get are from customers who are not serious about getting work done. HomeAdvisor advertises that it is a free service. This is true for the customer but the contractor must pay a fee. My fees average $55 to $70 per lead. So if someone is just checking out the site and puts in the info, Boom I am out $70 and they had no intention of doing the work. That money could go to bills, groceries or a night out with my family. Trying to get credit back is extremely difficult. They will try to equate it to advertising and say that you are responsible to get the lead. Fine, I don't mind competing against any company for a job. The problem is most leads don't pick up the phone or call you back. When I get a lead I call the customer right away, (only during respectable hours), if nobody picks up I will leave a message. Then I will send an email with my contact information and then a text message. This happens frequently I will get no contact from the customer. How am I supposed to land that job if i can't even contact the customer? This is the #1 problem with HA on the contractors side. I myself had been on the HA site looking for a contractor. I did not finish or finalize the request but they still sent my contact info to 3 different contractors. 3 contractors out of $$. Oh that is another thing they will give up to 4 contractors the same lead. The problem with this is the customer will be inundated with phone calls. So as soon as they put in the request the phone will start ringing off the hook because all the contractors are paying for the lead. My experience with this is the customer will talk to the first 2. They don't want to deal with 4 contractors. They can also feel harassed by all the phone calls, texts and emails. "

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Feb-12-2018

“Hi NJBrett, We're sorry to hear you've had anything but success with our service, we do our best to provide you with resources and opportunities to help you sell your business. While we are not able to control when or if a homeowner will contact you back, we're always happy to address lead concerns and discuss success strategies. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

2018-02-07

"Very quick. Organized website. Easy to navigate"

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,438 merchant members.