homeadvisor.com

Customer service: 0.92/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.38/10
2018-07-14

Keep your money

"Any one with common sense will tell you will lose money with home advisor. Dead leads 9 out of 10 times. The customers on homeadvisor are price shopping and looking for the cheapest price. Customers want work done for close to free. Salesmen will sell you account and never hear from them again. If you turn off your leads on your app someone will immediately call you and tell you to turn them on so they can keep milking you for money. Run the other way. "

Posted Jul-16-2018

“Hi lramirez103, We're sorry to hear this. Once you've signed up, we ask that you connect with our Customer Care department who is dedicated to assisting with your account. We're happy to address any of the concerns you have with our service or your account. For assistance, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and request a callback for you. -HASupport”

2018-07-12

This Asphalt co. / " Smiths Paving "

"They were prompt, efficient, and did an excellent job. The crew was hard working. and professional. I highly recommend them."

2018-07-12

By comprehensive

"I got emergency that couldustop my lead and toll them if can get credit for that and won’t accept. "

2018-07-08

It deserves 0 stars!

"This company called us and left a phony voicemail. When we called back, they talked my husband into signing up. BIG MISTAKE! That was $350. A day later they charged us another $160. We canceled. Didn’t get anything back and waisted $500 on NOTHING! Over a week later they charged our account for another $80.... needless to say it is a money pit and nobody gets anything out of it. "

Posted Jul-09-2018

“We're sorry to hear you saw anything but success with our service. We do our best to provide resources to help you sell your business. We're always happy to look into any concerns you have with your account and discuss strategies to see the most success with us. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and reach out. -HASupport”

2018-07-06

Pathetic

"15 mins on hold, no call back. . . finally get name and number of a provider and place phone calls and send emails. Three days and counting, no response. Great concept but they clearly lack the needed connections. "

Posted Jul-09-2018

“Hi CampMaple, We're sorry to hear this, we encourage our pros to respond to requests as quickly as possible. You are always welcome to submit another service request at http://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse pros in your area at http://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. If you would like to speak with a rep, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. –HASupport”

2018-07-05

HomeAdvisor is a business scam and they lie!

"We joined HomeAdvisor about a month ago. When we joined we were told about "leads" and that they were optional or we could just pay a annual fee and be on their site. "Leads" are potential jobs that are sent to 3 or 4 professionals. Each professional is charged for each lead whether you win the job or not. The fee ranges from $12 to $30. per lead.
When we signed up we were told that the lead was sent to 1-2 professionals and we did not have to take leads, Not true! Leads are required, you can only temporarily suspend them and your fee is deducted automatically. We received 4 leads within 24 hours, 2 were not legit and were charged for the leads. We have also been charged for leads when our leads were suspended.
I have contacted Tim at HomeAdvisor 3 times in the last week to address this issue and he has NOT returned my calls. In his voice mail recording he states that he'll return the call within 24 hours. Not true.
Lastly if you cancel your account you don't get any kind of a refund.
Do Not sign up with this money hungry, dishonest company!

Posted Jul-09-2018

“Hi amlittlejohn, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. A lead can go to a maximum of four pros, while many go to fewer, and leads will not come through when they are paused. We're more than happy to have a rep reach out to further assist you. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com or provide it here so we can locate your account and follow up. You are also always welcome to call Customer Care at 877-947-3639. -HASupport”

2018-07-05

Misleading and a ROYAL ORGANIZED SCAM!!!!!

"In the beginning was told won't get billed for leads that was not sold. BULL, Contractor gets billed for every lead HA sends regardless of the outcome, if you are successful in disputing they DO NOT REFUND ANY MONEY ONLY GIVE YOU ANOTHER LEAD AT NO CHARGE!! Now this a NO LOOSE SCAM FOR "HOMEADVISER" "

Posted Jul-09-2018

“We're sorry to hear about your concerns and any possible miscommunication. We're here to help. Please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or provide your contact info here and a rep will reach out to further assist you. -HASupport”

2018-07-02

Home Advisor is a scam and has horrible service.

"In May of 2017 after much insistence and offers from Home Advisor, I decided to pay my membership for one year. From the first week the problems began. There were discrepancies between what they had offered me and what I was receiving. They charged me several times for leads that they had sent me in areas that I hadn´t requested (they were too far away). I called to have that fixed and they supposedly solved the problem, but since that day I never received any more leads and I never heard from them again. I decided not to invest any more money or time in that and just wait for my membership to expire. To my surprise at the end of the membership they automatically withdrew the money from my credit card to renew the membership for one more year without my consent.
When I realized that, I called Customer Service and I told them that I didn’t want to renew my membership because of the horrible service and asked for a refund. They told me that they had sent me an email to notify me (I never received it) and they said that they do not make any refunds. My question was, how can you force me to pay for one more year of a membership and bad service I do not want? They were not willing to make anything work and simply repeated that they were not going to refund my money.
I then called my bank indicating that I had this problem with HomeAdvisor and started a claim. The bank mentioned that they’ve had a lot of complaints from other customers with the same problem. The bank refunded my money temporarily until the investigation is complete. However, I got a threatening letter from HomeAdvisor today saying that if I don’t pay them for the renewal they are going to send me to collection.
I believe that no company can force a client to be with them by force. Someone has to stop this type of business.

Posted Jul-03-2018

“Hi jpowerw, We apologize for any frustrations regarding our membership auto-renewal, we're here to help. To provide some info, an email is sent with the renewal date prior to membership renewing and disputing a charge through your bank results in an outstanding balance on our end. That being said, we would like to look into this matter further for you. Please provide your contact info here or send it to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account and investigate. -HASupport”

Horrible company

"Tried it for 2 months and then tried to cancel. I could never get a customer service rep on the phone (called 3 times with over a 45 min wait time each call). I kept "pausing my leads", a service they offer online but you can only pause them for 2 weeks. After that two week period you will get slammed with leads back to back while frantically trying to pause them again and sit on hold for 45 min to try and cancel your service. Total waste of $1300 and a complete scam."

Posted Jul-02-2018

“Hi kennyritter3, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. Pausing leads is temporary and if you want to keep them paused without calling you can either do so from your Pro Page, mobile app, or by using our Live Chat option here: http://homeadvisor.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/request_source/8. We're happy to have a rep follow up to further assist you with your account. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com or provide it here so we can reach out. -HASupport”

Rug Cleaning and Roof Repair

"I have found great companies on Home Advisor for my rug cleaning and small roof repair. Great website!"

2018-07-01

They don’t check contractors licenses!

" This company does not check the contractors license of the people they list. It’s not just home advisor but all of the similar sites that recommend contractors. They keep listing me on the site even though my contractors license has not been active for over 25 years. A simple check at the contractor state license board by business name or license number will tell you whether their license is active or in active. I suggest everybody check because this site definitely does not!"

2018-06-30

Do NOT join Home Advisor as an advertiser!

"I joined only 2 weeks ago. They took my $348 for membership and after another week, they started sending me "leads". In 5 days time I received 6 leads at an average of $80 per lead. Only 1 of those leads was I actually able to contact and estimate a job. Of the remaining 5; 3 of them I could not make any contact at all (did not answer phones or emails and did not return calls). 1 of them was given to me completely outside the scope of work I do and 1 could not do the job at all due to an electrical junction box location. I used their request credit link and was given credit for 2 of them... Great! Right? I gave it a few days to see if any of the other 3 would call back, they never did. 1 of these "customers" had an address less than 2 miles from me so I drove over there to find it was a dilapidated trailer park and the lot # the "customer" listed was a vacant lot!
I called my rep at Homeadivsor to be told that the jist of it is if the phone number for the "customer" is real then they charge for the lead. That is NOT a lead! It is not a lead if you NEVER EVER get to communicate with the customer at all. Further, I looked at my directory listing (the only thing you get for your $348 per year and they had a phone number listed which isn't even my number! I called the number to see that the call goes to Home Advisor (in care of my company). THey do this so that when I am lucky enough to get someone to look me up and find me directly, they still get ran through the Home Advisor system so that I can be charged for a lead fee!!! You got that? You get to pay twice for those customers!!! Of course, as soon as I sent my Home Advisor "rep" an email about this they immediately put my real phone number there.
When you call them and complain they let you know that it clearly states in their umpteen pages of terms and conditions that I agreed to pay for any garbage they throw at me. Here's the real question though... How many other contractors received those same garbage leads that I did? Just exactly how much did Home Advisor make from these jobs that were never going to materialize for anyone? Their business model is awful and predatory and they don't care one bit. On to the next poor contractor to pilfer his advertising budget. Shame on these chiselers!!

Posted Jul-02-2018

“Hi Pete, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. Please see our response to your Consumer Affairs review. -HASupport”

2018-06-28

Don’t sign up!!!

"Just take my word for it, and all the others! Big rip off! And after disputing a lead charge, they totally ignored me and have threatened to take me to collections over 42.14! Candace"

Posted Jun-28-2018

“Hi Candace, We're sorry to hear this. By filing a chargeback, you create an outstanding balance for the amount that you disputed as this forces a refund against our terms of service. We're happy to address any questions or concerns you have in this matter. Please provide your contact info here or send it to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can reach out. -HASupport”

2018-06-26

HomeAdvisor is a Scam

"HomeAdvisor is a total scam! They are willing to answer your calls to get your credit card information but after that they have no interest in dealing with your questions and provide garbage leads! As small business owner's we have no problem paying for decent leads but when you are not able to have someone return your calls and have matters resolved - it is clear that you have no concept of customer service!!!!"

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Jun-26-2018

“Hi aquasealpro, We're sorry to hear you've seen anything but success with our service, we are not a scam. We are always happy to address any questions or concerns if you contact our Customer Care department by calling 877-947-3639 or by using our Live Chat option here: http://homeadvisor.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/request_source/8. We can also have a rep reach out to address any concerns you have if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate your account. -HASupport”

2018-06-25

Don’t waste your money

"We had 25 leads sent and only 4 jobs landed. Paid them 1200.00 and broke even. After wasting my time, gas, and doing payroll it wasn’t what I expected. It cost me $284 for start up. Then they charged me every week for bogus leads. I absolutely don’t recommend it."

Helpful (1) Cool
Posted Jun-26-2018

“Hi HarveyLa, We're sorry to hear you did not see more success with your leads. There are multiple situations that would cause a lead to be eligible for a credit and we're always happy to discuss strategies to help you see the most success with our service. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport”

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,433 merchant members.