Stores > HomeAdvisor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
Voice your opinion! Review HomeAdvisor by clicking a star below.

Hired Contractor referred by Home Advisor

"Hired H&D Home Repair, LLC to put roof Christmas lights Nov 23rd 2017, today is December 4 2017. I got ripped off. Paid half of $800. The owner has given me the run around. No installation or money back. Everyday has been an excuse on why he hasn't installed it. I was feed up yesterday and ask for a refund. Hes now stating he will mail me a check made out to cash. Which is a lie. I have all texts and receipt of deposit. I will report all this to the police department. I went to address of his company and he disappeared. I googled him and he's rated a F with BBB. Has another open case for $5000 he ran off with as well another for $800. I'm hoping Home Advisor whom recommended him or the police department will resolve this issue. I want my money back. He tries to talk over you when you talk and always has a reason why he hasn't done the job or can't bring back the $400 cash. He's a con. Stay far away. Less, as well this same owner owns the company Home Fix Construction, LLC , which was banned from Home Advisers. I dont know how same owner is able to come back on with different LLC. I made a formal complaint to BBB & NJ Attorney General of Consumers. He has scammed alot more people. Home Advisor has not helped me on this matter after several attempts to rectify. "

Rep reply posted Dec-13-2017

A rep from HomeAdvisor, HASupport, has responded

“Hi ChrisDeja, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro. We have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels and a rep will follow up to assist you shortly. If there is any other assistance we can offer in the meantime, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport”

2017-12-13

"First experience was great"

2017-12-13

"I was surprised when it asked me for my phone number and if it would be ok for contractors to contact me on my request. I was even more surprised when I was contacted by contractors. It all worked out very well."

2017-12-13

"I am having a difficulty finding the company I want to review"

2017-12-13

"Extremely confident in Home Advisor and their ability to provide highly qualified referrals."

2017-12-13

"Good.l was able to make quick"

2017-12-13

"It exceeded my expectations. I had hired Lowe’s to do the installations, but they couldn’t guarantee that it could be done by Christmas and it was expensive. So I went to home advisor while in the store. Hired sheryl that evening."

2017-12-13

"I've been in this sue before and have been very pleased."

2017-12-13

"Not enough providers available in my area. It seems to be a pretty small group that do mold testing."

2017-12-13

"My experience was ok.I live in a small town and finding help is a task."

2017-12-13

"Too few options. Too little information. Not as advertised."

2017-12-13

"Great - so professional and thorough!"

2017-12-13

"The contractors that was sent to my home were experienced knowledgeable courteous and respectful I couldn’t of asked for a better experience thank you Home advisor"

2017-12-13

"Great experience with good references and Quick response"

2017-12-13

"It was good until I wanted to go back to read reviews. Finally got there but was luck."

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HomeAdvisor is a merchant member
HomeAdvisor participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,473 merchant members.