Stores > Hinterland Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.45/10 9.45/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.19/10 9.19/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.85/10 8.85/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hinterland Outfitters by clicking a star below.

2017-12-12

Excellent as always

"Been buying all my ammo from Hinterland for a couple years now. Always the best prices and excellent customer service."

2017-12-11

awesome store

"I have purchased firearms and accessories from hinterland with fast shipping and great prices."

Nicely made

"The magazines arrived quickly and have performed well"

Well done

"Price was good and delivered as promised."

Smooth Sailing

"I purchased a firearm at a great price. It arrived on time and in new condition. It was exactly what I wanted. After my FFL emailed, them the shipping was on schedule and took about a week from FFL to arriving at its new home."

2017-12-09

"Quick shipping and no problems. Would readily buy again."

Really Satisfied

"I ordered a set of Truglo TFX sights as a birthday gift for myself. Hinterland delivered with a great price and speedy delivery."

TimothyVance's Avatar

Fantastic

"Not one issue! I would recommend them."

Outstanding experience !

"Excellent company providing excellent products with quick no problem shipping and delivery. "

2017-12-09

Great place to buy a gun

"Had a couple of questions prior to purchase. Answered quickly and in understandable language. After purchase was made I was kept updated on processing and shipment. No problems....."

2017-12-09

Excellent communication both on the phone and online

"Had a few questions so I called them to be sure. Great phone service and placed order without isssues. They handled my order well and worked with my FFL dealer"

Horrible Service

"I purchased a new Windham Weaponry 20" government model ar-15 recently from Hinterland. Took it to the range and discovered that it was shooting to the left about 7 inches with a mechanical zero. It took 14 right clicks to bring it to center, which is right about out of spec. I contacted Hinterland and the rep Bret said there was nothing they could do for me other than the long process of sending it back to the manufacturer which will most likely take weeks. I've had the firearm all of two days. This is unacceptable, and I will be contacting my credit card company. These things cost huge money, and its time that the consumers stop paying huge prices for sub standard products. These re-sellers need to start taking care of their customers instead of hiding behind the ATF. "

Rep reply posted Dec-09-2017

A rep from Hinterland Outfitters, hinterland, has responded

“Hello John,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new firearm.

As our agreed-upon firearm return policy indicates, once you've inspected the firearm at your dealer, done your background check, and taken it home with you and fired it, any defects or issues with the firearm will be covered directly with the manufacturer under the manufacturer's warranty.

While we do inspect every firearm prior to shipment for obvious defects or issues, we of course do not test-fire every firearm, which the manufacturer performs after the firearm is produced.

It's a fact of any industry that products may sometimes unfortunately be defective from the factory and have unforeseen issues, which is why the manufacturer's warranty exists between the end-user and the manufacturer.

Any issues, defects, or repairs with the firearm will be covered under that manufacturer's warranty, usually up to and including firearm replacement, and shipping costs are usually covered.

While Windham Weaponry is usually great to work with, if you should run into any issues, we'll be more than happy to assist you in dealing with them to get your issues with the firearm resolved.

We are very clear and up-front about all of our order and return policies, which are listed on our order policies page and linked-to on every page of our website and in many status update emails. Our firearm return policies are very reasonable, and are in line with those of our entire industry.

Instead of sending the firearm back to us, you'll just be sending it back to Windham Weaponry. There's nothing out of the ordinary or wrong with that process, which is standard practice and routine.

We certainly do not feel that we have provided 'horrible service', and we certainly would never tell you that there was 'nothing that we could do for you'.

On the contrary, we are always here to support you, and we will be more than happy to step-in and assist when dealing with the manufacturer until the issue with your firearm is resolved to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Hinterland Customer Service Team”

Outstanding service

"First time ordering a gun online. Took a chance being able to figure it out on my own knowing I was going to have to find out how to ship all the way to Illinois. Once the transaction was complete I received an email from them with easy and clear instructions on how to get it shipped to my local FFL dealer. Will definitely give them my business in the future. "

Excellent

"They performed as advertised, if not better. All items arrived as promised and on time."

Great service

"I had a great experience with them when i called with a question they were very helpful and had the answers to my question very nice to talk to and very helpful i have told alot of people about them and there good prices "

Share Hinterland Outfitters's store rating

Hinterland Outfitters is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Hinterland Outfitters is a merchant member
Hinterland Outfitters participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,474 merchant members.