Stores > Hewlett Packard

Product & services pricing Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hewlett Packard by clicking a star below.
2017-11-17

WORST SERVICE EVER

"The people who work at your repair shop know nothing about repairs of laptops that they are supposed to specialize in and your so-called "case managers" are the rudest people that I have ever talked to. The first time that I called my case manager, not only did he keep interrupting me when we were talking, he refused to tell me what HP is claiming that I did in order to make the damage to my laptop be considered out of warranty and instead he kept insisting that I take him up on his offer of $50 of the purchase of a new laptop (my laptop was less than 1 year old at the time and I did not wish to purchase a new one). I had to call Costco concierge, which then connected me to a separate case manager who told me after he pulled up my case that the repair warehouse had my laptop down as having a cracked screen, which came out to not be true, which I stated to multiple of your associates, who refused to listen. Because I was smart enough to purchase a square trade extra warranty from Costco that is valid for 3 years, when I finally got my laptop back a month after sending it to HP (also another reason I think that the customer service was absolutely TERRIBLE. When I first called I made sure to state that I need the laptop to study for my numerous exams, pharmacy school apps, and to work on my homework assignments, which was obviously ignored looking at the timeline of how long it took to get my laptop back, still unrepaired). I just received my laptop back from Square Trade, and found out, that as I stated, the screen was in fact not actually cracked, and that all that had to be done for repairs was to reload the OS. NOTHING was repaired or replaced and my laptop now works perfectly. How can people who work on these specific computers not know how to do a repair this simple and try to charge over $600 (almost close to the price that I had paid for the laptop in the first place) for something that is not even the problem in the first place. HP IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER and I have already contacted Costco to tell them about how they treat their customers. I will never be purchasing any products from HP again"

2017-11-08

They keep jerking me around.

"Horrible wait on the phone to speak to someone! I spent HOURS on the phone while they "TRIED" to fix the problem! I bought HP61 ink for my printer. When I put it in, I got an error message saying I need to add colored ink. I tried it again, same thing. I spent hours on the phone trying to get it resolved. They sent me a replacement printer. SAME PROBLEM. More hours on the phone trying to get it resolved! I had to send my old printer back using FEDEX. I was told to call Fedex to schedule a pick up. The label HP sent me was good ONLY if I find a FEDEX location to return it to. If I didn't get it back in 15 days, they would charge me for the printer!!! I drove 25 MILES RT to a PICK UP LOCATION!!! They sent me a 2nd printer which I just tried, SAME DAMN PROBLEM!!!! It says I need a tricolor cartridge. I said could it just be that your ink is NO GOOD? Rather than REPLACE THE INK, they sent me another PRINTER!!! WHICH ALSO DISPLAYS THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE! I have been on hold now for 75 minutes waiting for a supervisor. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING MARKED HP!!! THEY HAVE THE WORST SERVICE EVER. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT!"

2017-11-07

Computer issues

"Will NOT be buying from HP again. I recently bought my computer for college about 3 months ago and it is already having issues. The computer will not power on unless I press the escape key and the power button multiple times. I was on the phone with tech support for over 2.5 hours which is not quick and efficient. "

2017-10-07

Garbage products! Done wasting my money on this crap.

"Bought yet another printer from them (another mistake). I've been trying to scan one page for three days now. My other HP printer (2 mo. old) failed every time, so I threw it out the window, and went to office depot to buy a new but different one. It prints fine, and scanned to the computer once, but as an image, not as a PDF like my other HP printer did. Now (although nothing changed) when I try to scan to computer, it keeps popping up a bull **** message saying to install the software (which is) and select "manage scan to computer" which does not **** exist. I don't understand how these **** hole companies can legally sell these products that only work intermittently and not as advertised. I've wasted tens of thousands of dollars on newer technology since 2014-2015 and I can say not one piece of this "technology" has worked without some kind of problem. "

2017-09-11

The Worst Customer Service Ever!

"Do not both buying anything from HP! If you ever have an issue, you will not be able to contact anyone to sort it out so it's pointless!
So a couple of months ago I purchased a HP Notebook. Since it arrived, the M button hasn't been stuck down and occasionally doesn't work. I decided to check my warranty to get it repaired. I only purchased this laptop in May 2017 and it says my warranty expires in October 2017, not even 6 months?! So I acted quickly to get this repaired before the warranty runs out.
I spent hours on HPs website to try and find someone to contact. Their online web chat service just doesn't work at all, it constantly says it's down for maintenance. I wasn't able to raise a ticket because apparently my machine didn't exist according to their website! I then contacted HP via facebook just to be told they cannot help me as my computer is a "business" machine and gave me a link to their **** site with no contact information. I wasn't happy with this so I messaged back to explain that I cannot raise a query on their website as they don't believe my laptop exists. I just got told again they cannot help me and then they gave me an American number to call to fix it.. I live in the UK so that isn't going to help me in anyway!
I finally found a number on their website for "Customer Service Technical Support" which was 0207 660 0596. I called this number twice, the first time I was on hold for 15 minutes and just gave up and the 2nd time I was on hold for nearly 40 minutes and then gave up.
All I want is for my laptop to be repaired when it arrived faulty anyway! You cannot seem to contact this company!! They are **** useless and I am extremely **** off that I am just being fobbed off constantly!!

2017-08-30

No Notice To Be Picked Up For Deliver

"I ordered the Hp Laptop Bundle for 799$ on Aug 4th 2017 from The Shopping Channel (TSC) . It was the showstopper for the 5th so was being aired on the 4th at 10pm. I placed my order at 10:40pm on the 4th. I waited for 3 weeks to get it. Never ever got it. Kept checking the tracking info and all it said was "shipping label electronically created". Call TSC and asked when it would be arriving as it had been 3 weeks of waiting at that time. They said they wouldn't be surprised if I received it by the end of that week as shipping was completed and it was on its way.
Woke up on the Monday to an email saying my purchase has been refunded. Let me state that I NEVER even received a slip saying it would be available for pick up at so and so time and place. Called TSC and they said they didn't understand why it was returned seeing as I never received it. Called Canada Post who was the one to be delivering it and they said they never received notice to EVEN GO PICK IT UP! This means IT NEVER LEFT THE DAMN WAREHOUSE! So called TSC and they said it ships directly from HP and they don't know what happened. So HP never authorized my order to be sent out. TERRIBLE customer service. So they reordered it for me. Well its been a week since it was reordered and it still hadn't shipped checking the status today. At around 4:30pm TODAY I get a phone call from TSC saying that HP is out of stock AND THAT I WILL NOT BE RECEIVING MY ORDER! Let me make this clear, I ordered it the very same night in under an hour of it being broadcasted on tv and an error was made somewhere on HP's end. So now, people who have ordered it after me will be receiving theirs but I, who was one of the first to order will not be receiving it at all.
WTF?! I am beyond livid. I needed it for school which starts next week btw. I've been waiting for a month only to find out I won't be getting my laptop. I also missed all the back to school computer deals at other stores because I was waiting on this one. I've waited an entire month and got nothing.
Beyond livid.

2017-08-20

Heartless Pieces of Feces CSR people.

"I bought HP Pavilion 17 New thru Amazon 6/26/17 , it has a 1 year warranty I would think that would cover ALL EVERYTHING. I have a friend visiting me knows very little about laptops computers how to treat things. He only walked by my laptop with coffee stepped on something and spilled a tiny bit of coffee suddenly letters G and H don't type laptop keeps shutting OFF after I leave 10 minutes. I call support in India, I get told NOT COVERED AT ALL cost to repair $299.99 it only cost me $439 and was new I had it 48 DAYS. I said we can't afford this then offered a 10% off wow amazing. I explained I would need 6 months to save $300 so would my friend and I live on disability it took 6 months to save for new laptop. Them to me SORRY we did all we could do REALLY!!! On the other hand it appears Amazon will issue me a FULL $439 credit but not replace, and IF I wanted the HP same one reorder but thing is will I, likely not, it's a great laptop no doubt but having to worry about a very useless warranty of 1 year and lousy mean, hateful unfeeling CSR Support in India or whatever middle eastern country the support is in scares me a LOT. "

2017-08-08

Poor customer service

"HP keep blaming Microsoft for the ongoing issues I am having. When I approached HP to do at a minimum a hardware diagnostics , they keep saying it's not hardware and that Microsoft need to delete some registry keys to fix the problem. Now after 6 months and finally contacting Customer relations on both sides before the warranty runs out, HP are finally going to run their Hardware Diagnostics. How ironic that the last HP tech support rep recently says the problem most likely is the Nvidia video adaptor and they may have to change the mother board. But this information never showed up in the case number. And all Customer Relations keeps saying is ..... well you need to schedule the laptop to be sent to their depot and diagnosed as it's never been in for testing. Well maybe if their technicians would do this and stop blaming Microsoft then we could move forward. Terrible service and each rep keeps passing the buck and saying they can't help and provides another phone number to call. I must have 20 phone numbers and they are always the wrong departments. Joke. And lastly, with a week to go before the warranty runs out, they have told me that I can't buy a 2 year Care Pack because it will take too long to register it. My response is if the motherboard dies one day before the warranty runs out, the still have to fix it. And if it takes two weeks to repair it due to backlog, I still get 90 days warranty. So I don't get it. What's the difference between this and the Care Pack and registering it. If it's on the books / data base, who cares how long it takes to register it. "

2017-07-11

HP doesn't seem to be the problem!I

" I was investigating the "Smart Friend" support offered by HP when I came across the reseller reviews. I agree with some comments reviewers here have made about the "Smart Friend" support. It does NOT seem like a good deal at all!!! I spoke to a regular HP customer support person yesterday about my forgotten MASTER PASSWORD for Windows 10. She immediately responded that if we couldn't resolve it, we'd "have to WIPE IT" (YES, she meant wipe my computer...resetting it back to factory settings). I was relieved that my laptop was no longer under warranty!
That being said, I have to say to the people that are switching "back to Dell" (someone would have to SHOOT me first) and the others that are blaming Hewlett Packard, you are purchasing a USED computer from a RESELLER! I have a BBA in MIS...in other words a Bachelor degree in the Business side of Computer Programming. I have worked for companies that made me grab a laptop before leaving because I was on call 24/7. I ALWAYS had problems with these "USED" computers that were serviced by the "BEST". I used to be able to take apart desktop computers, and I could do ANYTHING with hardware as well as software. Now, things are VERY different.
I am SO SORRY for the horrible experiences I have read about in these comments. I hope things have improved for everyone. I, personally, would NOT advise purchasing a used computer unless I got a lifetime warranty and/or replacement. It's just NOT worth the small amount of money you save buying a refurbished or used computer. It's just my opinion, but after buying new computers from DELL, and having a horrible time getting support. My experience buying NEW products from HP with lifetime warranties (from a 3rd party) has been an absolute pleasure!

2017-07-07

Complete System Failure!!! HP says sorry, not our problem!

"HP, is horrible to deal with and does not stand behind their products. My 16 mo old laptop has complete system failure. Motherboard, Hard Drive, Processor and even the screen! I have been dealing with them since the day I purchased it and their answer now is sorry, out of warranty. I will never purchase another HP product as long as I live and I am posting this everywhere!!! "

2017-05-24

More than worst.

"The worst company I have find in my life.The coustomer support is worst than ever & ever. I am facing the problem with SOUND & one agent Fixed it. Now, I have problem with WIFI connection & they are saying it will cost you $ 49 , even my laptop is under warranty.

Please, do not waste your money on such laptops instead it is better to stay without laptop.

2017-05-12

I'm going back to Dell

"Do not like their customer support - PC shut down while working, triggered remotely out of my control, missed deadline, was then locked out of my own PC (PIN no longer worked). Tech unable to help - referred me to "Smart Friend" who charged me $60 after telling me "try your email", which gave me access again. This on top of an extended warranty for $130. Supposedly the machine had a configuration problem - had I not registered with my email, the whole hard drive would have had to be wiped clean, and all my files of 1 year would have been gone... Refund request was denied by Smart Friend of course. Smells like a setup."

2017-04-20

Terrible delivery expirence and a defective product.

"I bought a 2 in 1 tablet. HP X2 in the HP store. The shipping promise was to deliver it in 3-6 days, it took 18 days. I call customer sevice twice, both times the HP representative lied to me, giving me false statements about the shipping. When the computer finally arrived, it didn't work. Completely dead. I wait 20 days for nothing. I just hope that the return and refund process wasn't as bad.
HP has become a terrible company. Is a shame because thy use to be very good. I'm done forever with HP.

2017-03-28

Poor build Quality and Awful Customer service

"I bought HP pavillion x360 13.3. I checked the youtube reviews of the laptop and decided to buy this laptop. I have been using the laptop for 7 months now, At first it was working well then it starts to give trouble. Now after 7 months the Mic is broken and the laptop is so slow, it takes minutes to open a jpeg file. I took the laptop to Microsoft and they checked it and said the laptop has hardware issues. Then i contacted HP, they were not helpful. They refused to replace or return the product because it past initial 30 day free return period. If the product break before even the warranty ends what's gonna happen when its past warranty? and the worst is HP customer service they have no intention of helping you solve the problem, instead they keep referring you to talk to other people. This is the fist time i bought a laptop from HP and I'm never gonna buy a HP product again."

2017-03-28

Bad quality and terrible service

"I strongly don't recommend to buy something in this store. I bought printer HP Officejet Pro 6230 ePrinter. It is the worst printer I've ever seen. I had problems with head and wi-fi. But it takes me more then 30 days to understand it. I use printer twice per month, and it was dismay for me, when it didn't work correct. I tried to return this printer to store.hp.com, but the answer was they are not able to take returns outside of 30 days. And they suggested me to contact with HP Technical Support. I don't want to contact with technical support, because I am interested to return the goods of improper quality. I wanna have the best quality for my money. I thought buying something on the official site of the big company I protect myself from risk to buy bad goods. Finally, I am very disappointed the work of store.hp.com. Usually it's first time when I have problem with returning. If you are going to buy something, I suggested you to choose another shop, where it'll be easy to make return if needed. "

Share Hewlett Packard's store rating

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hewlett Packard is not a merchant member
Hewlett Packard does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!