Stores > Harry and David

service@harryanddavid.com
      1-877-322-1200

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Harry and David by clicking a star below.
2017-11-21

Dont buy anything especial for special day like Birthday from Harry and David

"I place my order on Harry And David website 8 days in advance a Smoked Turkey, Harvest Bouquet Flowers and Pear Ginger Fruitcake for my best friend's Birthday.On the birthday I was expecting my order because I didn't get any other notification to indicate otherwise.
Also my card was charged. Surprise surprise after my order got very late I called them and they told me the order was cancelled while their website still shows the order is pending delivery confirmation. I even showed them my bank detail and everything to see if they can get the order delivered today. Now you can imagine.
The whole **** day is messed up. My friend is understanding at least trying to be. But you know this *** is *** up. I came online and find a lot of similar stories.
They **** when it comes to fulfilling the order and shipping.
NB: Sorry about my grammar.I ****.
Reason of review: Order processing issue.
Monetary Loss: $231.

2017-11-20

Horrible ! Don't buy

"I bought a box of pear during the promotion, I am so disappointed when it was delivered. You get what you paid for, lesson has been learnt.

I would never buy these pears if I see them in store. These are common pears that selling for $2 / lb in asian grocery stores....

2017-10-28

Email bad practices

"After ordering an item which was delivered and satisfactory, I was placed on their mailing list. All expected and normal.
When I requested to be removed from the mailing list after several months, The website informed me that it would take 10-15 days to be removed. Since then I have received 1 or 2 emails every day. Previously there have been no more than 1 per week. Very annoying when I explicitly asked to be removed from their list.

2017-10-25

Late Delivery/ Rude Customer Service Rep

"Placed order 10/07/17. Given estimated delivery of 10/20-10/22 when I placed order. 10/22 passed no confirmation that order was sent. Get email notification on 10/24 ordered to be delivered 10/26! Called bc email notification didn't have my order number. Had to login and I didn't remember my password, first time ordering with them. So I request link for password reset...email never came! Called company put on hold for several minutes. Gave customer service rep my phone number, it wasn't in the system, didn't have my name in the system, finally located the order theough people's name I was sending it to. When I place the order somehow link didn't record my last name. When rep resent my order confirmation it contained my phone number. She insisted the order was for 10/26/17, didn't want to get into an argument with her bc she was getting short with me. Then had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to order anything else at 20% discount! After $150 spent on a late gift basket, & poor customer service, it should've been for something on the house. Never ordering from this company again...unprofessional!"

2017-10-20

Horrible customer service

"Product out of date they won't replace with.fresh."

2017-05-26

Harry/David=good guys

"Was good. Was really good."

2016-12-29

Bad first impression - waiting on 2nd chance

"So....Harry & David is supposed to be the high end gift idea so of course for a doctor who saved my moms life we thought it was a perfect idea. We ordered the Christmas Peaches which were only available for a very limited time. We paid for them and they were to be delivered within 1 week. When they didn't show up, we called and OOPs they never left Harry & David...so now it;s too late for the Christmas Peaches so I had to settle for another item...still as of today no delivery. When I called they said the order was out for delivery;. We will see, they are due to be accepted by the end of tomorrow. I have my reservations that this order will be delivered. Gosh....they say you get what you pay for but in this case, I think Harry & David has lost their niche!!!!!"

2016-12-27

They Double Dip

"Harry and Davids has charged me for my order twice and had the audacity to blame my bank. . They have "authorized" my debit card for the full amount and then charged my debit card the full amount holding a nice sum of $. They are not a Hotel or Rental Car Company that uses this practice due to incidentals. When i called, customer service told me that i had to file a "treasury claim" and it could take weeks to get my money. Then when i talked to the supervisor she told me that it was my banks fault. I asked them if their website disclosed this practice and they stated that it did not ( I think their is a SOX or some government compliance that this violates big time) and that "executives were aware and were "reviewing the process". I will never ever every use Harry and Davids again. "

2016-12-21

Don't Trust Them

"I placed Order Number W008252194891xx on December 13, 2016 with the understanding that the order would be delivered “On Or Before Christmas”. Tracking my order December 20 revealed that the order (3 shipments) were slated to be delivered “On Or Before December 30, 2016.”

I called this company on December 21 and spoke with one of their Customer Service people. This person told me that PART OF THE ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELLED! To add insult to injury, the customer service rep agreed to repair the cancelled shipment for an additional charge of $11. They wanted me to pay extra to repair what this company caused in the first place.

This is my first order experience with Harry and David. It WILL be my last.
Now I have 4 days to replace the missing gifts. Good luck with that.
Such a breach of trust. Don't trust Harry and David. They clearly care little about their performance or reputation.

2016-12-20

Again, No Christmas Cheer

"I just want to vent my disappointment w Harry and David customer service and their ordering process. I placed my order on Dec. 17, 2016, still within the window of H&D Christmas delivery promise. At checkout I selected the shipping method that would "ensure" that my $175 worth of products would arrive all ready for Christmas delivery. Bang, order placed. Email confirmation, however, stated otherwise. One (1) product would be delivered on or before Dec. 23; the remaining three (3) products would arrive on or before Dec. 29.

I tried calling H&D customer service but was always placed on hold for 20 minutes at least. I finally used their chat feature. Oh boy, what a treat. I waited 10 minutes before being connected with a rep. Then it was like communicating with Captain Can't Do-It (Jayson N.). I explained my issued, Jayson apologized, but said nothing could be done. After stating that was unacceptable, I wanted to know why this glitch. Some mumbo jumbo about perishable and backorder. Neither of which were mentioned during the ordering process or at checkout.

I asked for a refund - No, order being processed. Stop the process - No, too late. Unacceptable - Hold on...how about we credit half of the shipping cost ($13). That's not good enough, I now have to buy more gifts to give out on Christmas Day - Hold on...would you like all shipping refunded ($26)? If given this situation, what would you expect H&D to do? - Hold on...We can cancel one (1) item for you, the $44.99 one. I ordered two (2) of those - Yeah, we can cancel one. Why not both? - One is ready for shipping. But the other one is not? - Yes. They are being shipped to the same address. – Too late to cancel one of them. Makes no sense. So on a $175 order, the best H&D can do is cancel one item, which is one of two of the same, but only one can be cancelled, and refund the $26 in shipping? - Yes. Again, not being able to give these items to people that I am traveling to see, and I now need to buy other gifts to give, H&D offers $26. Not, "we'll get something out to you", just $26. - We do apologize for the inconvenience, but that's the best we can do.

I finally told him to cancel what he could and refund all of my shipping costs. I also reiterated my displeasure in writing to H&D Customer Service. Brick wall. They offered to refund my shipping costs AND a 20% discount coupon for my next order. I guess I can give the coupon as a gift to some I don't like, hoping they'll have a similar experience as me. As of this posting my account has been credited for the shipping costs, but H&D Customer Service has weighed in and said they were unable to cancel the item that they said they could cancel (SURPRISE! Maybe I can get them to apply the 20% to this order.).

I am now in search of backup gifts and will be stuck with whatever H&D items do finally arrive (high dollar squirrel food). I stopped ordering from Harry and David several years ago because of this same issue, backordered items and late processing and shipping; never let me know that an item was out of stock or was delayed in shipping. It seems to be the H&D modus operandi and clearly they are all about orders, not helping the customer, just keeping the orders.

Well, H & D has received my last order and I will not be recommending to anyone that they consider Harry and David or any of the lines owned by 1800FLOWERS, except of course whomever I give that gracious 20% discount coupon to.

While I do hope Harry and David Customer Service personnel get to encounter the kind of experience I have had with Harry and David, I sincerely hope they all have a safe holiday season.

2016-12-16

Harry and David will not be around much longer because of total lack of customer service

I ordered a gift for a friend on the 4th of December and called her today to check if the gift was received. My friend told me that the gift has not arrived. I checked the shipping status, which states the delivery on the 9th of December.
I called the customer service this afternoon and spend over 45 min on hold till I got to talk to the customer service representative. I was told that he was sorry that the gift did not get delivered and that he can send another package after 23rd of December. I explained that this will not work as the gift recipients are traveling and leaving the country on 20th of December. I asked to ship another gift that would arrive before 20th of December or fully refund me. I was told that they cannot do either of those things. Needless to say I am very disappointed with total lack of customer service and plan to never order from them again!
p.s. as rating is required, I will pick one star. If there would an option, for negative stars, I would pick one.

2016-10-15

Dull, overpriced, horrible quality.

"Despite me telling them otherwise, my family insists on sending me an apple and pear fruit mix every year. The quality is always pure crap! The apples are soft and tasteless and the pears dull as the paper packaging. The included cheese is always subpar and can be found significantly cheaper at any grocery store.

2016-05-07

Ex-coustomer of Harry and David

"Could not be more disappointed in Harry and David. After many years of using them, this year we ordered flowers for my mother-in -law mom to be delivered to Florida yesterday, at the time they were ordered delivery was "guaranteed" by mother’s day. We get a call yesterday that they will not be able to make the delivery. With the only effort in rectifying the situation a "20% discount on a future order”. So with on day to get something arranged, there will be no flowers for my elderly mother-in-law this year. customer service response "sorry that’s all we can do". I have probably used Harry and David on 20 different occasions in the past as well as passing on the good experience with friends and family who also use them. No longer, this is the last experience I will have with Harry and David and will be passing on this huge let down to my friends and family. Their site guaranteed delivery by mother’s day. If that is the case I don’t care if Harry or David themselves had to get in the car and get the flowers delivered, they should have been delivered on time. I am disgusted that instead of getting it done they call the day the basket is due to be delivered leaving us no notice for a customer to come up with an alternative. Just is disgraceful of Harry and David to handle things in this way. Very disappointing!"

2016-03-21

Never give them your email address

"I ordered from the website ONCE, in 2014, and now they will not let me unsubscribe from their emails. Harryanddavid.com sends a lot of emails. This makes them a SPAMMER. Now their emails go to my spam folder automatically. "

2016-01-09

"I ordered two gifts for business associates in mid-December 2015, One was delivered late and the other never. I contacted customer service several times and was assured of delivery before Christmas. I should have cancelled immediately and ordered from a different vendor. This was a very embarrassing situation and if customer service had just been candid about "fulfillment" issues I could have cancelled and shipped something else to my colleague on time. As late as this week (two weeks after Christmas) I am still getting emails giving me another runaround, and had to contact American Express to just get this order cancelled. Never again. No quality control in this company, one cannot rely on their service."

Share Harry and David's store rating

Harry and David is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Harry and David is not a merchant member
Harry and David does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!