Stores > Groupon

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.68/10 5.68/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.12/10 6.12/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.35/10 5.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.41/10 5.41/10
Voice your opinion! Review Groupon by clicking a star below.

Always enjoy buying from Groupon

"Have been a Groupon customers for a few years and bought many different items and services. Great prices, items are true to their descriptions, customer services are very responsive . Will continue to buy from Groupon and recommend."

Great costumer service

"Fast response, ordered something and the order wasn't working the way it's supposed to be so I asked to return and send me a new one they returned the money and didn't make me return the order,I was impressed good job costumer service "

Great customer Service

"I had an expired Groupon that I was planning on using but the company went out of business.
Groupon worked quickly to provide me with a credit toward future purchases as compensation.
I received an email result within a day without question. That is what I call great customer service!

Quick exchange!

"I purchased a groupon to one of my favorite restaurants, not realizing it wasn't the local one. Groupon offered me a credit to my a/c or a trade-in. I was very pleased with their response and am happy to be a groupon groupie since their beginning :) Merry Christmas, Groupon!"

2017-12-10

Everything's On a Time Limit

"So, just to preface this, I've seen a lot of belligerent people/customers bully their way through the customer service/retail environment with the mindset that "the customer is always right and thus I should get my way". They have always gotten their way because- well customer service dictates it as so. Anyways, I ordered a solar powered Arduro external battery pack one summer- back when I thought Groupon was always cool to offer these deals. However, I've come to realize that it's not always guaranteed to be in stock or to be sent. They sent me an e-mail saying that it was delayed that the seller wasn't sure if they had any remaining or any being sent any time soon. They offered me a refund or I would wait for the item, I asked if I could get a full refund if I waited for the item and they responded that I could and even added:
"Thank you for letting us know that you are willing to wait for the product. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you do not receive your product and we will be happy to honor the refund that was offered."
I waited for the product and literally life just happened. I forgot Groupon existed and stopped using their services because of this and then eventually, I saw someone with a solar charged battery pack and I realized that it was so long ago. But I figured maybe assurances from someone in customer service was policy and thus thought it possible to get a refund. Sure, a naive thought- but I figured Groupon could be different from other corporations and I could actually get my money back for something I paid for but never got. I was told it was so long ago and thus not possible anymore and was just dismissed.
I wish I were a bit more selfish and cruel to push my way through e-mails and all and somehow get a refund because, but why do that when I could be honest and just share my experience.
Anyways... I didn't heed one of the oldest warnings out there: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
There's always a catch and if you're unfortunate enough- you'll buy something that will never arrive.

2017-12-10

Problem resolved!

"I purchased an offer and the following day, it was offered at 25 percent off. I emailed Groupon to see how to take advantage of the discount. I later noticed that my voucher had been marked redeemed! I emailed Groupon again, and within 2 days the problem was resolved! I got my voucher back , and received the discount back In Groupon bucks! Thank you for resolving both my problems! Have used Groupon many times, and the first problem I had was resolved timely, and satisfactorily !"

2017-12-09

Unhappy with customer service given by Groupon

"I contacted Groupon regarding a Groupon I had purchased from Hair by Scott. This was a $20.00 Groupon good for a cut and style, a regularly priced service of $60.00. This was a gift that was purchased for my daughter for her birthday. The small print stated that there MAY BE an additional charge for thick or long hair. I was okay with this expecting it to be no more than a couple extra dollars. Imagine my surprise when I called to make the apt. and when I inquired about the extra fee he was very hesitant to tell me how much more it would be. When I asked if he charged extra by the inch he said that it starts at an additional 15-20 dollars more in addition to the cost of the Groupon. So I'm looking at paying 40 dollars or possibly more which is no longer a good deal. I feel this company is trying to dupe the customer into paying full price under the guise of additional charge . When I contacted Groupon I was told there were no refunds made after 3 days no exception. Even when I explained that I had bought it in advance for my daughters birthday and that I felt that the company wasn't being upfront with their charges and that I didn't want to to business with a company like this and that may be Groupon needs to vet their clients better I was still told no exceptions. I didn't want a refund only a credit that I could use for a more reputable hair salon. I am now hesitant to buy any Groupon again."

I love groupon

"Excellent service.. very professional. No complaints .. keep up the excellent t work "

2017-12-09

Are use Groupon a lot .. and I love it but ..

"I’ve been having trouble logging in I am on on my phone already with an app but my password and resetting my password won’t take customer service just would not understand this tried to sell me or sell me on getting the app which I have and if you look at my account to see our use it a lot but I could not make this person understand and I could not get help and not being able to reset my password and get into just on my computer thank you"

Lack of empathy

"Due to a circumstance beyond my control (relocating due to work) I am unable to use a Groupon I purchased. Groupon is unwilling to work with me period, their only advice is to give it to someone else. I’ve been a long time customer and after this poor experience will NEVER use them again!"

Pleasantly surprised

"I purchased a local deal for a bday party for my son. The venue made an error and decided to comp the party. But because I went through Groupon said there was nothing they could do about that purchase. I did an online chat with Groupon not expecting much bc of their 3 day all sales are final policy. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they agreed to refund the entire amount $129. It was not even Groupons error so I thouught that was exceptional customer service. "

Issue resolved satisfactorily

"I had purchased a Groupon good for 3 massages from a local business. I redeemed one and then the business canceled my next scheduled appointment and failed to return my calls. Ultimately, I think the business closed but there was no communication from them. I contacted Groupon and explained the issue and they responded by reimbursing a partial payment which seemed like a fair (but obviously not ideal ;-)) solution.

While I haven't run into a situation like this before - where a business goes out of business or just stops communicating - I have purchased other multiple session Groupons. One thing that has long struck me as odd and somewhat risky/unfair is that the Groupon is marked as "redeemed" after the first use. On more than one occasion, I have not received all three sessions because of the vendor's poor record keeping. I think it would be helpful if Groupon would somehow keep track of these multi-service transactions (by having vendors track the usage) to demonstrate that all services purchased have been redeemed.

Great customer service

"I had made a mistake on buying the wrong groupon and again buying one without using the promo
code.
I found it easy to cancel the one but not the other so I contacted customer service, within minutes they had given me a credit, restoring my faith that they really value me as a customer.
Thanks customer service
Cliff

Horrible

"Didn't help me at all with just returning the voucher and just getting the same one for a cheaper price (more discount off then when i purchased it). The operator (Raul) just gave me attitude and just told me why would I basically exchange it since it's already discounted. I had to tell him that it would've been a cheaper price. Also I just purchased my vouchers 1 day before and I know they have a 3 day return policy so I don't know what's the problem. Never calling them again they are NO HELP AT ALL!"

2017-12-07

Cancellation

"Customer service was very helpful!"

Share Groupon's store rating

Groupon is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Groupon is not a merchant member
Groupon does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!