groupon.com

Shipping & packaging: 6.05/10
Customer service: 5.65/10
Return/Replacement policy: 5.52/10

Hotel Reservation Name Change

"Hello. I planned a trip at least two months in advance, and on the day before it was time to check-in to the resort I remembered my identification expired. I was able to speak with Groupon and the resort and add my husband's name so he could check us in. The situation took time, but Groupon's associates were responsive and maintained a humbling attitude throughout the process. Their goal was to make sure I was accommodated and I was more than accommodated. I am very grateful. "

Window Cleaning

"I purchased a groupon that would have cleaned the interior/exterior windows of my house. After numerous phone calls and emails to the company, I received no response. However, after a chat with a Customer Support representative named Marchio K., the issue was quickly resolved to my satisfaction. "

2018-07-16

Not pleased with the customeor service

"I purchased a Groupon for a restaurant, and in attempting to use it this weekend, driving over 50 miles, found out it was out of business. So in contacting Groupon for a full refund for what I paid, I was denied and told it could only be used for credit. Not happy about that."

2018-07-12

Refund

"I bought a Groupon for an amusement park, that unbeknownst to me, was closing permanently. It was a bummer because it's one that I enjoyed as a kid. Anyway, I bought it as a high school grad gift for my niece. My other niece went, along with my nephew, and my sister. So there was 5 of us in the party and only 1 was able to ride the rides because it was basically a kiddie amusement park. We had to redeem the Groupon in order to get in and once there, it was a complete disappointment. It was nothing like it was when I went. The rides that us big kids were able to get on were closed and the park closed 2 hours earlier than stated. We left as soon as we got there. I called Groupon for my money back and I eventually ended up getting Groupon credit, which was I was happy with because they refused to give me my money back. I live chatted with a rep, and after going nowhere with them, I called to talk to a rep. The rep I talked told me the same thing the live chat rep told me: "You already redeemed the Groupon, so unfortunately, we can't give you your money back." So I asked the phone rep to get me to a manager. After waiting 20 min for the manager, she tells me the same thing the first 2 did!! I told her I would be happy with Groupon credit because I do use Groupon often and at that point I wanted something back. Finally, I got somewhere, but only after the 3rd rep and having to ASK for Groupon credit."

2018-07-08

Consider changing your refund policy

"Long story short.....we couldn't use our groupons because our GPS took us to the wrong location. We contacted the vendor and they were OK with us getting a refund. They said to contact Groupon. We did. However, groupon wouldn't allow this and only gave us an option to "trade-in" our groupons for groupon credit (usable on their site). This is OK and we managed to find something, but If I ask for a refund, I want my money back, plan and simple. We used groupon for our vacation "fun" time this year and the last time we used it was three years ago. Not everyone uses or wants to use groupon daily/weekly/monthly and shouldn't be forced to use their credit. Really disappointed and won't be using them again. We'll use another alternative like WOOT! or LivingSocial if needed."

2018-07-05

great fast & effective customer service!

"love all about groupon, great deal, excellent customer service resolving issues "

2018-07-03

"I received my refunds with no issues. Both of my Groupons (one for me and one for my husband) for Edmonton Mixed Martial Arts expired in October of 2012. We have quite busy schedules and never had a chance to redeem them. When we finally wanted to redeem them, the business was closed down. Groupon was very prompt with issuing the full refund.

Thank you, Groupon.

2018-07-03

CUSTOMER SERVICE PLUS

"I purchased a Groupon for hair service but didn't realize that the service was something I didn't need. When I contacted Groupon they understood and gave me the opportunity to purchase a service that was more to my needs. The customer service was friendly and immediate. I've said in the past that customer service has gone out of style, but Groupon has brought it back! Thank you, Groupon!"

2018-06-28

Awesome

"They were able to give me my full refund! They were responsive in a timely manner and had great customer service!"

2018-06-27

Responsive and problem solved quickly!

"I had to quickly relocate across the country to help out my parents as they both are dealing with separate health issues. Arch was my customer service representative and he was responded quickly to my concern and immediately offered a solution! He was kind and helpful when I was unable to access my “trade-in.” When I was delayed in my response, he checked in to make sure that everything was resolved. Arch solved my issue efficiently and effectively & I was able to get my Groupon bucks added to my account! I would like to share that I have never received an effective solution from customer support any other time there has been a problem with my Groupons... this is why I thought that it was important to share what a great experience I finally have "

2018-06-26

Groupon Deals

"I've had great service with Groupon, LOVE there deals. I've only uncounted twice an issue with my Groupon and there customer service took care of me. Super happy with Groupon and there customer service!"

2018-06-26

Amazing service!

"We had a problem with an expired Groupon and the Groupon team understood
our issue and helped us to exchange it for another Groupon.
Their answer was quick and efficient. We really appreciate their help, specially, Nazreena’s help.

2018-06-22

I made a boo boo online purchase

"Amazing service from Groupon. They helped me out to reverse a double payment on an order and resolved it the same day. I reached out to them via email and phone call and promptly responded. "

2018-06-21

Very poor customer service

"Good luck finding someone to speak to when you have a problem with your order. I was assigned a chat agent with poor English and who absolutely did not help solve my problem and instead tried to sell me on something else and even reached out multiple times to try to get me to buy in to something that appeared to be commission based. I HATE Groupon customer service, if you ever buy anything make sure 100% that there won’t be anything you need help with because you will not find any. "

2018-06-20

Really, REALLY bad customer service. They ****.

"I bought a Groupon for a store that I've made online purchases from in the past. It turns out that the Groupon I bought was only good in the actual store. Unfortunately I live in a different state entirely, and therefore couldn't use the Groupon. The fact that the Groupon was ONLY good for in-store purchases was NOT readily apparent on the Groupon advertisement. I contacted Groupon and asked for a refund since I couldn't use the Groupon but they gave me a bunch of run around and said I had missed the 3-day return window (by like 2 days). I went round and round with them and they finally responded (and I quote):

"we included a Fine Print section on the deal page. This section will always include all conditions of the deal that you should know before making your purchase.

In this case, the restriction in question is: " Valid only for option purchased. Valid only at listed location "

I'm sorry to hear this will keep you from using your Groupon. However, since this restriction was included in the deal's Fine Print at the time of your purchase, I am not able to issue a refund past 3 days from the purchase date. If you’re unable to use a Groupon, a friend or family member can use it instead (unless the Fine Print indicates otherwise)."

NOW, the Groupon was only for $30 so it's really not about the money. It's about the principle and their admittedly obtuse and obscure redemption policies. It's also about their **** customer service. Because of this I will NEVER purchase another Groupon again, in my life, for any reason. I won't even accept them as gifts. They **** - they are not allowed on my property.

Share Groupon's store rating