Two Education Circle

Customer service: 8.91/10
Return/Replacement policy: 9.08/10
2018-08-07

Great Experience

"The tour director was amazing! He had great information to share with us. He kept us on track. The sites we visited were well structured and added to the experience. It was a memorable trip!"

2018-08-07

My London and Scotland tour was the absolute best.

"The onset of our trip was a true delight. Upon arriving and meeting our animated guide, Paul we were directed to our hotel room to deposit our belongings and prepare for some self exploring of London city. We were later directed to a quaint pub for some ‘fish n chips’ and libations. The tours and excursions were golden experiences, learning of historical landmarks, and meeting the most interesting travel companions. Unfortunately I encountered a medical interruption upon our arrival to Scotland. I am sharing this note because I want to encourage other travelers to purchase the trip insurance prior to travel. I am a healthy 60 year old, and had prepared months in advance for the journey. While on travel, I experienced a medical set back, which required 2 visits to the emergency room while in Edinburgh, Scotland. Paul was so gracious and caring, making arrangements on my behalf, all the while keeping the tour in motion. Thankfully I also had family on this tour, and they were able to be with me while in hospital. Go Ahead arranged my flight back to the United States, and made it possible for my family to rejoin the tour in Dublin. Unfortunately I had to abandon this tour, however my aunt sent lovely photos while I received the necessary medical attention, and recouperation at home. My thanks for a wonderful and safe experience. Susie Patterson "

Not one disappointment!

"This was my fifth GoAhead tour and I was not disappointed in the least! Our hotels were all superior, and the Brussels hotel was possibly the largest and most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in! Our tour director, Oda, was like a walking encyclopedia about the places we visited—I was amazed that she could recite a myriad of minute details and dates. The schedule allowed us to see so many sights and experience many new activities (beer, cheese, chocolate and wine tasting) yet we never felt rushed or stressed. Abdel, our driver, was great! Thanks, GoAhead, for another unforgettable trip!"

2018-08-06

beautiful, interesting, and fun!!

"This tour was an excellent introduction to the beautiful Scandinavian countries. The itinerary provide a good mix of sightseeing & activities, as well as some free time. All the destinations were wonderful, but our tour guides really made our vacation special. Per Torssander was knowledgeable, caring, efficient, funny, & very accommodating - & VERY PATIENT - with our large & eclectic group. Our Russian guide Marina was equally fabulous, as were the local guides. This was our fourth trip, & we've really enjoyed all of them. Thank you very much!!"

National Parks: Canadian Rockies, Glacier & Yellowstone

"One of our best tours ever. Everything went as planned due to the best tour director ever, Patrick Twomey, who was very knowledgeable, courteous, and funny. The six National Parks were absolutely beautiful."

Grand Tour of Great Britain

"This tour is a good compromise between doing a grand tour of GB (trying to get a good flavor of the island) tempered by time and budget constraints. We added 3 days to the front end of the tour in Edinburgh (on our own) as we knew there were things we wanted to see that weren’t included in the tour. EF/Go Ahead arranged for us to stay at the tour hotel early and we used Uber and a Hop-on-Hop-off tour bus to get around before the tour started. Two suggestions for Edinburgh is that EF should schedule Edinburgh Castle as the 1st stop of the day as it is a very popular place. By the time we arrived the lines were long, and our time was limited, so we weren’t able to see the crown jewels. The other suggestion is to schedule at least one additional day to tour Edinburgh (for Holyrood Palace and the Queen’s Yacht, Britannia).
EF always limits tour group size and that enabled us to tour parts of castles, cathedrals, and other attractions, that larger groups wouldn’t be able to see. As another reviewer mentioned, our optional Cardiff Castle banquet was cancelled due to circumstances beyond EF’s control, but David, our tour director, managed to pull some strings to get us a special tour of the castle the next day. He also set-up a group dinner at a very nice hotel in lieu of the castle banquet, so it worked out well.
People have asked me what I liked best about the tour; and that’s a tough question to answer because I liked it all. Being a Beatles fan, Liverpool was high on my list, and we had an excellent local guide. Whitby (optional tour), although a bit of a drive, was well worth the time (quaint seaport town, authentic fish ‘n chips provided by EF). Louise, the local tour guide for York, was a hoot and really made that tour special too! Alnwick Castle contained art and treasures, 2nd only to Windsor, and included scenes Downton Abbey fans will recognize. Last, but not least, Windsor Castle - is a must-see if the Queen is not there.
I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to get a broad overview of Britain, as EF did a good job of picking some of the highlights to see. We would never have seen it all if we tried to do it on our own.

Lister Pryor colindres

"Aongus Weber was exciting excellent knowledgeable and completely made sure all our needs were me. Excellent excursion options. Food and hotels superb"

Italy in a wheelchair

"I broke my knee a week before the trip. My tour guide was wonderful about helping me get in places. I saw almost everything others did. She even pushed my chair to give my husband a break."

2018-08-04

First time travelers

"My son and I went to London, Paris, Rome and took the extension to Madrid. We had such a great time and loved every minute of our adventure! We saw so many beautiful sites and experienced so many different things in each country. Our tour guide was absolutely fantastic! He was always finding extra little places to visit so we could experience more of the local life of the areas. It was a wonderful trip and we cannot wait to pick our next destination!"

2018-08-04

Life changing experience

"This was my first experience with Go Ahead and it was a great choice. The arrangements were flawless. The guides were very knowledgeable and eager to accommodate any requests. All food was provided. I had the misfortune of experiencing an infected tooth in the middle of my trip and my guide, Kelvin, made sure I got the care I needed and was back on track in 2 days. One suggestion I would make is that the information about the amount of cash to bring was not accurate. According to my experience, I should have brought about $700. This to include guide tips, additional experiences and souvenirs. During the cultural exchanges you are presented with opportunities to make purchases of various trinkets (nothing really different from what you see in the souvenir stores) and if you do not have cash, it is a very awkward experience. All in all I highly recommend Go Ahead."

2018-08-02

Machu Picchu was Amazing!

"Machu Picchu was on my bucket list of places to see. It was an amazing & Spiritual Place! I learned so much on this tour about the people, the history and the culture. GoAhead and our guide, Edwin did a fantastic job of taking care of all the details - and the food was delicious!
Dona

“Dear Dona,
We are so thrilled to hear that we were able to check off a destination off your bucket list and that this trip was everything you could have hoped for! Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with us and we hope to see you on another Go Ahead tour soon!”

Best trip ever!

"Our recent tour of Paris, Normandy and the Loire Valley couldn't have been better! Our Tour Director, fellow travelers, sites, accommodations, food and the weather surpassed any of our expectations. Thank -you Go Ahead Tours......even though you didn't have anything to do with the great weather."

“Dear Traveler,
Thank you for leaving us such a terrific review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great time on tour. We are delighted we exceeded your expectations and we hope you returned home with great memories of your time in Europe. Let us know when you are ready for your next adventure!

2018-08-02

Wonderful experience!! Our tour guide, Paula, was fenomenal making sure that all of us were having a meaningful experience during the tour.

"I learned a lot the history, languages, and society, which provided a more in-depth understanding of the different countries visited."

“Dear Bethliz,
At Go Ahead, we work hard to provide top notch Drivers and Tour Directors to ensure an exciting yet smooth journey for our guests, and we are so pleased to read that was your experience on this trip. Furthermore, it is incredible to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your itinerary and that the weather was perfect! Given that, we hope you returned home with some unforgettable moments of your time spent in Ireland.

Ecuador Is Exciting!

"I recently was part of a ten-day tour of Ecuador with EF Go Ahead Tours. It was a delightful experience, including the beauty of colonial Quito, the misty cloud forest in Mindo, the fascinating flora and fauna of the Galapagos Islands, and the vibrant handcrafts of Otavalo. The tour director Juan Carlos Rivera was top-notch and very friendly and encouraging. The tour was a wonderful introduction to the majestic topography and the variety of Ecuador."

“Dear Sandy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It is true that having a great Tour Director can make all the difference on a trip, and so we are thrilled that yours went above and beyond to ensure that everyone had an enjoyable experience. We are pleased all aspects of this trip met your expectations and that you returned home with many wonderful memories of Ecuador!

2018-08-01

Beautiful, except for one wrinkle

"Everything about this trip was breathtaking! Mykonos, Santorini are indescribably beautiful, standing on the acropolis, Rome!!
The only real problem was that my daughter , granddaughter and I requested to be in a family room (like I’ve had with girlfriends several trips). And , we were not even on the same floor the first few nights. I spoke to our tour director and asked to T least be next door to them from then on. It happened only once (in Mykonos), even though the rooms next to us were always occupied by people on our tour and it would have been simple for the hotel or TD to just switch our rooms, like has been done on my other tours, it NEVER happened.
We live in different states from each other, and looked forward to waking up and going to sleep together on this once in a lifetime trip.

Posted Aug-14-2018

“Dear Jeane Elyse, A very warm welcome back from Greece! We are thrilled that you were able to share this experience with your daughter and granddaughter and we hope that the itinerary exceeded your expectations. We do regret that you were not able to get a family room—we try our best to put in these requests and follow up with the hotels but we can never guarantee availability as hotels sometimes don’t offer these types of rooms. We are glad that you did get adjoining rooms, so you could be close to your family. We can’t wait to see you on the next Go Ahead trip! ”

Share Go Ahead Tours's store rating

Go Ahead Tours is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Go Ahead Tours is a merchant member
Go Ahead Tours participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,422 merchant members.