Stores > Go Ahead Tours

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.15/10 9.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.99/10 8.99/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.85/10 8.85/10
Voice your opinion! Review Go Ahead Tours by clicking a star below.
2017-11-22

Fabulous Italy Tour

"It was amazing from start to finish. Food excellent. Hotels and locations excellent. With go ahead your are included so for those who enjoy traveling alone this is the company for you. All excursions exceeded expectations . Mary our tour director is excellent as where guides. I am taking grand tour of Italy next November alone as my experience wS fabulous. Hotels and included meals were fantastic. Everything was perfect. I will continue to travel with Go Ahead"

2017-11-21

The Italy trip exceeded all my expectations

"Well planned and interesting activities each day on the tour. The tour director made each day fun for all of us, and had many wonderful suggestions for things to do during our free time. "

2017-11-20

Historic event enhanced and hurt trip to Spain

"Third trip with Go Ahead. Did not disappoint. Excellent guide and destinations. Nice nights out together with plenty of wine and Sangria. We were educated by both our tour guide and the guides hired in each of the towns and cities we visited. The Catalonian vote for independence provided an atmosphere of national pride all over Spain. Unfortunately it caused Go Ahead to shorten our time in Barcelona.

I would recommend the Grand Tour of Spain with Go Ahead.

2017-11-20

Go with Go Ahead Tours!

"I researched many tour companies and Go Ahead fit the bill. Our group was interested in Venice, Florence and Rome. Hotels were first rate. Tours were exceptional and we loved our tour guide. Just Go, you will be thrilled! "

2017-11-18

Great tour

"Wonderful , couldn't aske for a better time. Steel Walis was an excellent guide. "

2017-11-15

Amazing Tour!

"Planning a trip with a friend is amazing...coming up with the perfect retirement trip for the both of us was double amazing! And just when we thought it couldn't get any better we were off to Spain, Italy and France with the best tour guide imaginable, Adoram! Our traveling companions provided us with many hours of stimulating conversation, hilarious moments, wonderful stories about themselves and their families...the list goes on. But what was the actual tour like? It could not have been better. The sites, the cities, the expertise that Adoram shared with us about each location was beyond my expectations. The information was fascinating, held our attention and left us wanting more! That's why I really want to tour again with Go Ahead! Wouldn't change a thing!"

2017-11-14

Sant’ Agata sui Due Golfi

"The hotel in Sant’ Agata sui Due Golfi was very disappointing. Although it was pretty and had a spectacular view of Mount Vesuvius, it was so far removed from everything and we were there for three days! Traversing the mountain by bus took at least an hour (up and down), which took so much time out of the days’ activities. Additionally, my room was the size of a walk-in closet which would have been tolerable for a one night stay, but adding that to the isolated location and the difficulty of getting to and from the hotel, the Sant’ Agata - Sorrento leg of the trip was an inefficient use of our limited time in Italy.
On the positive side, the other days of the trip were wonderful. Our tour director Francesco Nappi was so accommodating and professional and made it all so much fun! And the tour group was great! I met some really nice people that I would love to see again. Go Ahead Tours also provided extra activities that I thoroughly enjoyed and plenty of free time to explore Italia on my own. Ciao! Ciao!

2017-11-14

Caveat Emptor!

"The tour itself was great. The purchasing of the airline tickets (by Go Ahead) was a nightmare. I made data entry errors on my TSA input form. The errors were carried through, and not caught by any sort of double-checking by staff.

The result was my husband and I forced to by at 1/2 price (supposedly Go Ahead paid $1,500 on my behalf which I am not sure is true) a $1,500 ticket to allow my husband to get on the plane to meet our tour. I have heard later on that there were things the tour agency should have been able to do on their end, which they did not do, to "save" our ticket.

To add insult to injury we were not able to get a refund on any of the tickets we didn't used because this agency bought (allegedly) discounted air tickets. The air tickets we purchased were marked up to a higher price to boot.

The tour is basically great. Be sure to purchase your airfare directly from the airline to avoid a potential added expense you weren't expecting. Be very careful with your data entry! They won't check it!

A mistake in your TSA entry fields could have you buying an extra round trip ticket.

I will never travel with these folks again. They didn't handle our issue well, were insulting, and kept repeating over and over they are too busy to check the details of everyone's information. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional travel group before, and won't do so in the future.

2017-11-12

Southern Italy, the hidden gem

"Our food and wine trip to southern Italy, hit all the points. All the hotels were perfect. The walking tours were informative and personal. All the stops were unique. One day you are at a MIchelin rated restaurant and the next day you are at a buffalo mozzarella farm. Our guide and drivers put the icing on the cake. This was our best trip to Italy."

once in a lifetime trip

"Everything was great. I loved the Outback. I even went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef! "

Winston Salem, NC

DEDICATED GO AHEAD TRAVELER - NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED

"We used Go Ahead for our France-Italy tour and were super impressed with every facet of the experience. We then went on our recent Australia-New Zealand tour and were absolutely ecstatic about the experience. On both tours, it was the guides that we had, Ronin and Luke that 110% added to the tours. ALL the local facilitators were also great and all did their best to ensure we had few problems (local guides, bus drivers, etc.). Not sure how they find these dedicated and friendly individuals, but they do. We loved our trips with Go Ahead and my wife and I ABSOLUTELY recommend them!"

Fall foliage

"Delighted with my 10 trips!"

Perfect combo

"Great guide, excellent arrangements, and free time to find our little local restaurants and special places. We loved our GoAhead trip!"

Canadian cities with Goahead

"We had the best guide and bus driver. Both were extremely knowledgeable"

2017-11-10

Northern Italy Walking tour was fantastic!

"I especially enjoyed the Italian Dolomites and Earth Pyramids. The beauty was incredible and it seems every time we left one place and went to another, the landscapes just kept getting better! We went from sea level to Swiss Alp level during this tour. The Mediterranean Sea was so beautiful and walking part of the Cinque Terre path was fun and just challenging enough (bring your walking sticks and hiking shoes on this trip!). Sabra, our tour director, was THE BEST! So knowledgeable, funny, and also managed to keep us on schedule and on track--much like herding cats. She also managed to organize an unexpected but delightful lunch at the home of the founder of balsamic vinegars. So fun and educational. The tour group consisted of friendly folks who made the whole experience wonderful. The food was to die for! All meals were good. Most of the hotels were nice, although the one in Portovenere was a bit crowded for 2 people in one room. The connections to and from the airport were flawless with the careful guidance of the Go Ahead team. I enjoyed it so much I signed up for another walking tour through Tuscany. Can't wait!"

Share Go Ahead Tours's store rating

Go Ahead Tours is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Go Ahead Tours is a merchant member
Go Ahead Tours participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,466 merchant members.