glyde.com

Shipping & packaging: 3.41/10
Customer service: 3.25/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.33/10
2018-07-22

I bought and sold with NO issues. Would recommend to a friend and will use again.

"I first used Glyde to buy an upgraded iPhone. I got exactly what I wanted for a great price and the seller shipped a free Otterbox case to go with it. Score! Once I used the phone for several weeks, I sold my old iPhone. I got decent money for it and more than I would have gotten from eBay or another seller. To keep up with good karma, I also included my old phone case for the new owner.

I can see how Glyde can go either way. They are really just a middle man. I was willing to wait the 7-10days for my phone and understood why it took so long. So, when I sold on Glyde and the shipping kit arrived at my door, I made it a priority to get the phone in the mail right away. I will say, as a seller they charge you $3 for a shipping kit and I already had one, so I would have appreciated just being emailed a label that I could place on my phone and that would then get the item to it's new owner a day or two quicker.

I really don't have any gripes, knowing that Glyde is only the middle man. I feel they do their best to protect both sides, but I can see how things happen. I feel fortunate to have had great experiences on both sides. I would use Glyde again.

2018-06-22

Horrible experience

"This was the worst experience I've ever had with an online purchase. The original order I placed was immediately put on hold then cancelled because they said they couldn't verify my account. I get it, they want to make sure it's a legitimate purchase. But reach out to me for verification. Don't just cancel the order. That wasted time over a 2 day period. The second order I placed I made sure I gave a lot of information up front to prove I was who I said I was. They still did verification but at least they contacted me about it. More wasted time but the order was processed. I was supposed to receive the phone within 7-10 days. It's a long time to wait - there should be an option for expedited shipping if the customer is willing to pay. I waited, and waited. Day 9 the status still said the seller received shipping kit. So I emailed Glyde. They said they would reach out to the seller but if they didn't receive a response they would CANCEL the order. Later that day the status was updated to cancelled but in the meantime the seller must have finally gotten around to shipping it. When I saw status of cancelled I gave up and went out and bought a phone. I couldn't wait any longer. 2 days later I just happened to check the order again and the status was now changed to shipped. I emailed Glyde again and told them I didn't want the phone, the order had been cancelled. They said I couldn't cancel because the phone was on it's way. They were the ones who initially cancelled it! If they hadn't done that I wouldn't have bought another phone. A couple days later the phone finally showed up. Glyde basically said I was stuck with the phone and there was nothing they could do. They said I could resell it on Glyde but I will NEVER give them any more business. "

2018-05-10

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

"I bought a phone for my son's bday. But there were some issues with my credit card so I had to answered all these questions. After all that, I wanted to ask some important questions about the delivery date and stuff but it took 1-2 days to just respond. And sometimes they never respond. My son's birthday is today and it still hasn't been shipped yet even though I bought last week and ordered it with 2 days shipping. Horrible!"

2018-05-04

No response from Glyde

"Ordered a phone because my Daughter lost hers. We found the phone right after I made the order, so I contacted Glyde to cancel. I received an response from Janell telling me she would be happy to help with this, Glyde would attempt to stop the order (as it was so soon after placing there order) and if she was unable to stop it, I could just respond to the already established e-mail chain and she would give me instructions on how to return. The phone arrived, and they have been unresponsive to multiple e-mails. There is no customer service phone number. I am unable to reach them."

2018-04-20

Have bought and sold several times

"Glyde works for me. I have bought and sold 5 family cellphones and tablets successfully over the last two years. I list my device, set my own price and they notify me when it sells and send a shipping box. You can keep your balance on Glyde for future purchases but I always cash out to my checking account. This is fast and easy to do. I prefer to sell and buy on Glyde rather than eBay because it is fast and simple. No hype, no drama, just a good price and convenience. My friends have used Glyde and been pleased with the service."

2018-04-10

"Excellent company with a brilliant business model. The customer support is second to none. Any and all of my future purchases will be with Glyde, as will be all my friends."

2018-03-30

They do what they say & it works!

"My first experience using Glyde has gone well as a seller. The time frame for the transaction was accurately forecast and all went exactly as explained. I received more than I expected from my phone sale without any personal hassle of photographing it, listing it, responding to inquiries, etc. I was inspired to make my phone as appealing as possible to the purchaser in hopes that this would be a good experience for them. Good service. Good response times. Better than anticipated price for my phone. I will use Glyde again and have already recommended its services to several other friends. "

2018-03-30

Great prices

"Gylde has the best deal when buying a used phone. Their prices were the lowest I could find! Also when I sold a phone through glyde, I sold it at their recommended price and felt like I was getting a good amount back in my pocket."

2018-03-25

Awesome!

"I sold two used phones, list it and forget it THEY HANDLE IT ALL!!"

2018-03-09

Worst shopping experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had. Purchased a tablet from Glyde. This was a scam, seller dropped the package in the mail and picked up after three hours. Of course he was paid because USPS marked item as shipped and received. Glyde even with USPS tracking info by showing that the item was not delivered to my zip code claims that the item was delivered. They ask me to send a claim request (not by email) by regular mail to an address that doesn't exist. I have to open a case within my bank in order to recover my money. Do not buy from this company..."

2018-03-01

Terrible

"Worst online shopping experience ever. Phone was dirty, password protected, still attached to former owner Apple ID, AND broken! There's no phone customer service, and no response by email from customer service. Will never ever buy here again. "

2018-02-27

You are buying from crooks if you buy from Glyde!

"My daughter got her phone from Glyde and had a good experience. So I asked her to find me a phone too. After watching for awhile she found a good deal on an iPhone 6. It was going to be delivered fairly quickly, so i ran to buy a case and tempered glass screen protector. I kept checking the mailbox and just now get a message that Glyde cancelled my order. The person selling the phone did not deliver the phone so there is nothing to sell. I am supposed to get a credit; have not checked if that has actually occurred yet. What a disappointment! I highly DO NOT recommend Glyde. Buyer beware!"

2018-02-07

Buy elsewhere

"I ordered my phone 10 days ago. It still hasn't been shipped. I keep sending Glyde emails asking to cancel the order. They said they won't cancel the order for another three days. I wish I had never tried to do business with them."

2018-02-05

Worst Online Shopping Experience... EVER!

"placed and order for a phone, I got the order confirmation, and my credit card was charged and I thought all good, till I received an email from them saying that "Your Account is On-Hold"! Contacted them, back and forth back and forth, till they finally sent me a set of questions to answer. A few days after I answered them I was asked to relogin and place the order again! At this point, I have given up and bought the phone from somewhere else.

HERE IS THE WORST PART.. 3 weeks later, I found 3 different charges on my credit card for no reason whatsoever, total charges amounted to about US$1,000 and thankfully were marked by my CC as "fraud" .. I of course asked the CC company to block my card right away and send me another one overnight.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE, I would NEVER even think of goings with these crooks again.

2018-01-30

Glyde values first time sellers, but NO ONE else.

"I sold one phone on Glyde and the sale went smoothly. I don't have any complaints about the process, except for their weird policy where they don't let you describe any damage. I think this is disingenuous at best and a total scam at worst. Anyway, since the first sale went smoothly, I went to sell another iPhone. Their website says that if you sell at or below market value, your iPhone should sell in a week. Mine was sitting around, not even listed on their page, for two weeks before selling even though it was priced below market value. Customer service told me it was due to their weird algorithm where they only have one phone of each kind listed and they choose whose to post through a variety of methods. It is clear they prioritize first time sellers over anyone else. "

Share Glyde's store rating